PDA

View Full Version : PN up coming MR03 optional parts

PNracing
2009.12.15, 08:35 PM
Adjustable Upper Arm (Caster and Camber)
Lower Down Knuckle
Stainless Steel Upper Arm Pin
Sorry, keep you guys order new stuff every week!

pedrocamp
2009.12.15, 08:47 PM
Looks good, is this all one kit?

lfisminiz
2009.12.15, 09:24 PM
Looks real good...........keep it comming.;):)

Tjay
2009.12.15, 09:31 PM
That is not a problem Philip! :D Keep them coming! :)

chad508
2009.12.15, 09:34 PM
interested to see how they are adjustable. any more info as far as the amount of caster camber adjustments

mk2kompressor
2009.12.16, 05:13 AM
lookin good,those tyres look interesting,are they available yet?

hrdrvr
2009.12.16, 07:17 AM
interested to see how they are adjustable. any more info as far as the amount of caster camber adjustments

I would guess its got a concentric pin like the 02 A-Arm kit.

They are up on the kenon site. They are on the last page of wheels and tires at the bottom. They were on the fornt page, til he just filled it with more new parts!

PNracing
2009.12.16, 09:19 AM

The parts number is
RXF15
RXF20
RXF25

Cherub1m
2009.12.16, 10:43 AM
Nice work Philip keep it coming.

color01
2009.12.16, 04:14 PM
Cambered arms sound good! :) Now the problem is just making sure the plastic arm mounts are capable of withstanding the abuse. Perhaps you've already got some ideas for that, Philip. :)

dxm2
2009.12.16, 06:06 PM
These look great! I already know I'm going to buy a set, and I don't even have my MR-03 yet!

Have there been issues with the static lower arms breaking?

Traveler
2009.12.20, 11:58 AM
Philip,

Look good! What's the ETA on these new parts???

PNracing
2009.12.20, 12:04 PM
Philip,

Look good! What's the ETA on these new parts???

Stainless Upper Arm Pin Dec 22
Long King Pin - Dec 22
Low Down Spring - Dec 29
Front Spring Plate - Dec 29
Low Down Kunckle - Jan 5
Adjustable Upper - Jan 19
Front Lower Cover - Jan 19
Double A Arm - Jan 26

lfisminiz
2009.12.20, 12:35 PM
THANKS........Philip. Cant wait....:eek::)

Traveler
2009.12.20, 12:39 PM
Thanks Philip. Double A Arm, eh? I too can't wait.

mk2kompressor
2009.12.20, 01:43 PM
ok we will hold off that order until you have it all in;):D

Felix2010
2009.12.20, 02:42 PM
Low Down Spring - Dec 29
Low Down Kunckle - Jan 5

Yeah babyyyy:D Even after a shim here and a minor tweak there, my 03's can't seem to sit lower than 2.5mm-3.0mm off the ground (Unless I use worn-down tires, I don't have a tire true device). It is going to be a sweet thing to have fresh PN 6Rad rears and fresh PN 20Slick fronts and be able to adjust my cars' ride height at 1.5-2.0mm:D

Thanks PN! I know where my Christmas bonus is going:D

minittrackmann
2009.12.20, 02:46 PM
Philip any idea for a price range for theDouble A arm? Possibly around the same price as the arms for the 02?

Cody

PNracing
2009.12.20, 05:45 PM
Philip any idea for a price range for theDouble A arm? Possibly around the same price as the arms for the 02?

Cody
We try to make some design simple to lower the cost, hope under 69.99, but not yet confirm until all costing amount come back, But this double is including the lower cover with easy change the tie rod design.

EMU
2009.12.20, 05:50 PM
Will the lower cover be alloy or plastic?

PNracing
2009.12.20, 06:54 PM
Will the lower cover be alloy or plastic?

:p "shuuuuuuu"

Fabu
2009.12.21, 03:35 AM
Aiaiai,canīt wait.
PN you made my day. (and Mini-Z) ;)

Happy X-mas....

Fabu

Traveler
2010.01.27, 10:48 AM
Stainless Upper Arm Pin Dec 22
Long King Pin - Dec 22
Low Down Spring - Dec 29
Front Spring Plate - Dec 29
Low Down Kunckle - Jan 5
Adjustable Upper - Jan 19
Front Lower Cover - Jan 19
Double A Arm - Jan 26

Philip, can you give us the new dates for

Adjustable Upper Arm
Front Lower Cover
Double A Arm

Thanks!

PNracing
2010.01.27, 10:54 AM
Philip, can you give us the new dates for

Adjustable Upper Arm
Front Lower Cover
Double A Arm

Thanks!

So sorry deal to production busy, the delivery date will be delay.

Adjustable Upper Arm - Feb 15
Front Lower Cover - Late March
Double A Arm - Late March

Traveler
2010.01.27, 12:27 PM
Thanks Philip!

dbsteve
2010.02.07, 07:19 AM
So sorry deal to production busy, the delivery date will be delay.

Adjustable Upper Arm - Feb 15

What a good late Valentine Idea :rolleyes:

LadyFox_VT24
2010.02.07, 01:31 PM
Double A Arm on MR03! WoW! Nice!

HaCo
2010.02.07, 01:46 PM
Double A Arm on MR03! WoW! Nice!

The one mentioned is for MA-010 I think...

EMU
2010.02.07, 04:04 PM
Everything listed in this thread should be for the MR03, not the MA010.

Traveler
2010.02.15, 09:21 AM
Its the 15th!

LadyFox_VT24
2010.02.15, 01:05 PM
The one mentioned is for MA-010 I think...

Everything listed in this thread should be for the MR03, not the MA010.

Yes! this thread is only for MR03.:D

Tjay
2010.02.18, 02:49 AM
http://pnracing.us/productsphotos/MR3033-35-1.jpg

It's finally here!!! No more flexin' and -1 camber?! I have a pretty good tire wear on my tire now but it's still has + camber wear. I hope this -1 camber evens it out just like how -2 degree camber does on a MR02.

mk2kompressor
2010.02.18, 04:09 AM
WOW,ill take a set!!

dbsteve
2010.02.18, 04:46 AM
Looking Good !! :eek:

chad508
2010.02.18, 12:09 PM
im suprised they all show out of stock so soon. i noticed them last night at about 11pm, must have had a short first run.

Traveler
2010.02.18, 01:51 PM
Wow! Glad I ordered mine last night!

Tjay
2010.02.18, 02:03 PM
They didn't go anywhere. Your local hobby shop bought them. :)

ocean rodeo
2010.02.18, 02:13 PM
Damn I always just miss it.:D

hrdrvr
2010.02.18, 02:24 PM
Your local hobby shop bought them. :)

No they didnt. I couldnt catch them before they were sold out :D

pfcparts
2010.02.18, 03:39 PM
Dunno, 30 seems kind of steep for just arms, pins,
and having to use a specific ball...

Hoping they were listed wrong and P is relisting
them with the correct price. If they are really
sold out...

Wow. :eek:

It's already pretty high to get into the scale and
upgrading is getting out of hand imo...

Might be a good idea to wait for other offerings.

parts

hrdrvr
2010.02.18, 03:42 PM
You dont have to go MR03 with the hottest upgrades. I still see AM 015s for $100 or so in stores :D It is expensive if you want all the best stuff, but try and compare it to all the best stuff of the next scale up......

PNracing
2010.02.18, 04:14 PM
im suprised they all show out of stock so soon. i noticed them last night at about 11pm, must have had a short first run.

So sorry guys, because the first production coming very limited quantity, just couple hours our stock all gone, we should back in stock within 3 weeks, I will put this is first priority production.

pfcparts
2010.02.19, 05:06 PM
You dont have to go MR03 with the hottest upgrades. I still see AM 015s for $100 or so in stores :D It is expensive if you want all the best stuff, but try and compare it to all the best stuff of the next scale up......

No I suppose not. Actually looking for
replacement arms that I don't have to keep
replacing and that are universal.

AMs should be around 50-70. I don't forsee them
selling at 100 at all lol. :p

Larger scales are supported more and seem to
have more options by different companies,
which in theory should keep prices down or
somewhat reasonable. ie/ I don't see any $50 asc
equivalent in many scales lol. I mean jeez, Iwaver
bodies are 10 bucks...

Helis/planes are the rage here, so I might jump ship
if at all.

Considering A arm replacements were pretty cheap
and these look to have less material, it's kind of
shocking... especially with whole alloy conversion
sets going for around a dollar or two extra lol... :confused:

Back to the topic though. I will keep most of
this stuff to myself as its pretty unfair. That and
them being sold out pretty much renders any
argument null lol. :p

parts

Tjay
2010.02.21, 03:59 AM
Thx for the awesome upper arm Philip Ng!! Super Smooth, No flexing and best of all, caster adjustability! I think I gained at least 2 tenths of a sec faster.. Mid and exit corner is... wow! Also the front end is not so bouncy. This is with 2 shims in the back.

dorifto46
2010.02.21, 05:21 AM
Tjay- When did the front arms come in? Did you use the -1?

Tjay
2010.02.21, 12:47 PM
Tjay- When did the front arms come in? Did you use the -1?

Ryan: it came it early yesterday & was fortunate to try it with the rest of club28 drivers yesterday. It was sold out in a couple of hours but I'm sure Pete had saved you one (I hope). :) If not, I'll be happy to let you try it whenever I see you. Those two tiny shims for caster made so much of a difference it's cool!

I'm only using 0 upper arm. I think -1 is too much since mine already have about that much camber.

dbsteve
2010.02.21, 02:55 PM
@ Tjay, do you stil use the reflex suspension or are you using the normal setup. What springs do you use? Shims? Thx, Steve :p

Tjay
2010.02.21, 04:18 PM
Steve: What do you mean by RR suspension? If you're referring to springs on top suspension? Because no, I don't have this set up. I've always ran the stock set up w/ RR ball and Kingpin. Just no top spring conversion.

I'm now runnig PN front end with red springs and PN shims... I'll post my set up on FPR'a site soon!!!

Cherub1m
2010.02.21, 04:48 PM
Steve: What do you mean by RR suspension? If you're referring to springs on top suspension? Because no, I don't have this set up. I've always ran the stock set up w/ RR ball and Kingpin. Just no top spring conversion.

I'm now runnig PN front end with red springs and PN shims... I'll post my set up on FPR'a site soon!!!

:D I find PN Green and Red 03 spring to work great.

dbsteve
2010.02.22, 05:14 AM
Thx for the info Guys

Steve

Cherub1m
2010.02.22, 10:26 AM
Ryan: it came it early yesterday & was fortunate to try it with the rest of club28 drivers yesterday. It was sold out in a couple of hours but I'm sure Pete had saved you one (I hope). :) If not, I'll be happy to let you try it whenever I see you. Those two tiny shims for caster made so much of a difference it's cool!

I'm only using 0 upper arm. I think -1 is too much since mine already have about that much camber.

Hi Tjay

How were you able to obtain -1 camber with the 0 camber upper arm on your 03?

Thanks
Philip

chad508
2010.02.22, 10:43 AM
Hi Tjay

How were you able to obtain -1 camber with the 0 camber upper arm on your 03?

Thanks
Philip

not sure about tjay, but i got it by using the pn knuckles and no shims under the knuckles.

Tjay
2010.02.22, 01:34 PM
Hi Philip,

The only reason why I say it's 1 degree camber is because I compared it to a MR02 with -1 degree camber. I don't have a tool to measure it precisely like the once for 10th scale. Anyhow, please see pic below: I couldn't find anything that is straight on my pit table but this battery so I used it...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/Teejay_Cynthia/FPR%20Mini-Z/IMG_1431.jpg

MR03 Negative Camber: You may lower down the spring holder or by using lowering springs to gain (neg) camber. In my case, I didn't do anything to gain camber. Mine was already like this even with stock arms. I think it is because my PN red regualr springs are half a coil shorter than the other springs (where I race, there's only two of us that has this odd spring).

Traveler
2010.02.22, 01:42 PM
TJ Looks like you are using the PN shim set. Are those shims pretty smooth as they move on the king pin???

Tjay
2010.02.22, 02:17 PM
Hi Philip Ng (PN racing),

Sorry for populating your thread but I do believe that these questions being asked are inregards to your "new product". If you don't mind, I wont open a new thread but instead use this current one to answer questions about your new MR03 products that I have on my car.

Thank you!

TJ Looks like you are using the PN shim set. Are those shims pretty smooth as they move on the king pin???

Ok I think I feel better now. :)

Hey Traveler,

Yes, I am using the PN shim kit, why?

1. the orange shim (I think it's .10?) is straight/flat vs the stainless steel.
2. the blue shim is precisely cut (straight/flat) vs the stock plastic by kyosho.

Also, the OD is the same as stock kyosho shim. Which means it won't hit the lower arm when suspension is working.

Binding:
The blue shim under the knuckles obviously wont bind on anything but the orange may since it is sitting on top of the knuckle. If I push mine down, I don't feel any binding issue but it is a tight fit. Maybe on the track its different story but so far mine feels the same as how it was with SS shims.

PNracing
2010.02.22, 03:04 PM
Hi Philip Ng (PN racing),

Sorry for populating your thread but I do believe that these questions being asked are inregards to your "new product". If you don't mind, I wont open a new thread but instead use this current one to answer questions about your new MR03 products that I have on my car.

Thank you!

Ok I think I feel better now. :)

Hey Traveler,

2. the blue shim is precisely cut (straight/flat) vs the stock plastic by kyosho.

Also, the OD is the same as stock kyosho shim. Which means it won't hit the lower arm when suspension is working.

Binding:
The blue shim under the knuckles obviously wont bind on anything but the orange may since it is sitting on top of the knuckle. If I push mine down, I don't feel any binding issue but it is a tight fit. Maybe on the track its different story but so far mine feels the same as how it was with SS shims.

TJ

No problem, thank you for your detail information.

The 0 degree upper arm is base on Kyosho upper arm to make, when you pre-load the car, the upper arm already to camber gain, so you can see the TJ photo the 0 degree camber with little camber show.

Traveler
2010.02.22, 04:27 PM
Hey Traveler,

Binding:

Thanks TJ! I wish I had ordered the PN shims. When I switch from stock set up with 1.2mm stainless steel shims under the knuckle to PN knuckle and upper arm, the car sat too low. I moved the shims from below to above the knuckle, but the suspension was not nearly as smooth, so I suspect the stainless steel shims are causing binding on the king pin :( Need some PN shims. Or delrin shims (hint, hint PN).

ocean rodeo
2010.02.22, 04:37 PM
Yes I agree that the SS shims do bind the suspension because the outer diameter sits inside the ball cup with no room to move at all. I am waiting to order some shims but the kyosho stock ones are just fine for me right now.

Traveler
2010.02.24, 09:37 AM
I swithced back to the stock spacers until the PN shims arrive. Stock shims are around 0.5mm, but you also get a pair of 0.8mm shims with the extra parts in the bag.

PNracing
2010.03.25, 05:12 PM
Coming Soon!

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29530&stc=1&d=1269555128

chad508
2010.03.25, 05:28 PM
i was just going to ask when you were coming up with this. will the top bar take away alot of the slop out in the arm?

Tjay
2010.03.25, 05:34 PM
Phil, My mod car is missing some parts. Take a look... ;)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/Teejay_Cynthia/FPR%20Mini-Z/IMG_1670.jpg

I'm sure its going to be another "must have" for MR03's. Keep them coming Phil!!! :D

ocean rodeo
2010.03.25, 05:48 PM
How soon!!!:D

Traveler
2010.03.25, 05:57 PM
Nice job Philip, another masterpiece. Except now I will have to order even MORE PN PARTS! :mad:

Looks like there will be little or no knuckle movement on the king pin as they should move together. Only point of movement beside upper arm will be the king pin moving through the lower arm and it looks to be a delrin ball there, so binding should be significantly reduced!

So when does "available soon" mean???

If you need someone to test the prototype, I'd be happy to ;)

dvsstrike
2010.03.25, 06:37 PM
need it i can wait for it when is the release?

mk2kompressor
2010.03.25, 06:46 PM
will the arms be added to kenon today?
i neeeeeeeeeeeeed some:D

lfisminiz
2010.03.25, 09:10 PM
Philip........thats sweet!!! I think your going to need a BIGGER factory...;):)

pedrocamp
2010.03.25, 09:52 PM
What keeps the kingpin from sliding up and out? I see an e-clip that prevents it from fallling out...

benmlee
2010.03.26, 01:50 PM
Nice job Philip, another masterpiece. Except now I will have to order even MORE PN PARTS! :mad:

Looks like there will be little or no knuckle movement on the king pin as they should move together. Only point of movement beside upper arm will be the king pin moving through the lower arm and it looks to be a delrin ball there, so binding should be significantly reduced!

"Significant" is an accurate word here. I saw that binding could be an issue on the MR03 even before it was released. Would be even worse with high off-set wheels. Something needs to be done.
This is the second idea. First was too complicated. This one is simpler and better.
With this pin, knuckle would move with the pin, so there is no binding there. Pin still slides with lower delrin ball. However, lower ball is free to rotate, so you don't get corner loading like with the knuckle. Load is also spread over a longer distance between upper ball and lower ball, so there is less friction force.

There is no e-clip on the bottom, but that is not a concern. Checked it with stock plastic arm. Just by inspection, it is almost impossible to get the pin out without breaking something. With Aluminum upper and lower arm, which is much stiffer that plastic. You will have to rip the chassis apart in a crash for the pin to come out.

Traveler
2010.03.26, 01:56 PM
Thanks Ben. Can't wait to try this. On my PN upper arm equipped car, I can't seem to get rid of binding. This should be a big help!

Now if PN would give us an idea of the release date. March, April, May, June? :)

pedrocamp
2010.03.26, 04:11 PM
Sorry Ben but is the pin locked to the knuckle somehow? Something I am not seeing I guess because it seems you could grab the top e-clip with your fingers and slide it right out. Will you make wider lowers?

ocean rodeo
2010.03.26, 04:42 PM
It looks like it might be a ball end that snaps into a delrin cup. --()------ <e-clip.

benmlee
2010.03.26, 06:22 PM
Sorry Ben but is the pin locked to the knuckle somehow? Something I am not seeing I guess because it seems you could grab the top e-clip with your fingers and slide it right out. Will you make wider lowers?

There is another e-clip under the ball on the A-arm is that is not shown.

Felix2010
2010.05.04, 09:25 AM
Coming Soon!

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29530&stc=1&d=1269555128

Philip Ng > Is there an update on this new A-Arm front-end for the 03? I saw Grant's RCX car had its front-end suspension covered in blue tape. From the photo this system looks awesome!:D

I saw back in late Dec. 2009/Early Jan.you had gave a rough date for this front-end for Mid-March. Is there any updated release date? This suspension is highly anticipated by a few friend of mine - And of course me:D:D:D

Thanks Philip:)