PDA

View Full Version : Body CLips not Front Body Holder

gomez
2009.12.16, 08:22 AM
hi,
is it just me that breaks all bodyclips from the bodys and have the need to replace body because there arent body clips available for sale ?
i know i can buy the body clips that came with VDS II Bodyshell, but not all clips have the same size.
My C5R corvette have different size than Lancia Integrale. Enzo body is same size as C5R.
So i have a C5R used but not cracked , and none bodyclips to hold.
My question is
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET BODY CLIPS THAT HOLDS THE SIDE OF MINI-Z ?

thanks , and sorry for the shout :)

EMU
2009.12.16, 04:12 PM
You can use the ATM VDS or PN Pan car clips, with some styrene to offset the clip if you need a longer clip. I have done this a few times. I shave down the ridges on the clip, and glue the styrene to the clip. Then I try to cut a couple grooves where they should mate with the side of the body.

Kyosho does not produce spare side clips, so this is really your only option, other than making your own body retention system.

Reflex has a body retention system that works well, http://reflexracing.net/proddetail.asp?prod=RX110 you should look into it if you dont want to use the pan body clips (which are the only seperately available clips).

Take in mind that if you use the pan clips, you will have to do a lot of test fitting the clip to the body/chassis to make sure that it is the right height and length. I have converted standard 1/24 models with this method. And the clips were more durable than the body that they were glued to.

donz
2009.12.20, 10:35 AM
I am not sure, But I think Iwaver makes some bodyclips, I bought a set a while back but I havent' checked to see if they will fit. The look similar to the bodyclips found on the kyosho white body I had. They are also cheap. I think they can be purchased from toy east.