PDA

View Full Version : Ex-1ur help..........

lfisminiz
2009.12.20, 12:40 PM
Have a KO Helios right now. Been using a long time. Got the KO EX-1UR because i like the smaller size of it in my hand. Been messing with it, but having problems setting it up. Navigating menu, no problem. One problem i have is THROTTLE. When i pull trigger, at about half way, i already have full throttle.:confused: Tried numerous things to no avail. ALSO what functions really dont appy to the mini-zs. Might have more later if i get the throttle resolved.

Tjay
2009.12.20, 09:50 PM
I'm curious to know the settings as well. I too was not able to figure out the dead band on the throttle on both Helios and ur. Also try 3pk, zero deadband. ;)

LED
2009.12.21, 01:31 AM
I asume its not a new transmitter?
Did you try recallibrating the trigger ?
Did you look at the curves ? Maybe it is set to progressive.

There is a function somewhere were you can set the level of settings for your profile. Maybe start from a profile you resetted so that everything is linear. Then set the level to the lowest. Thats basicly all you need for the mini-z.

But start with recallibrating first.

GL

color01
2009.12.21, 04:01 PM
The #ADJVOL option on the EX-1UR menu is the one you want, for recalibrating the radio. After that, you should just make sure that your throttle EPA's are not set over 70% (KO recommends 60%, I think they're right but just want to have some margin). If your throttle EPA's are set to 100% then it makes perfect sense why you'd be hitting "full-throttle" at barely past half.

Throttle Quick-Response gets rid of the deadband pretty effectively -- on 3010 FETs, you can go up to around 40% without affecting the throttle smoothness. Not sure if this remains true when using 4562's or 8858's.

T:IDLEUP, T:ABS, T:ACCEL, and T:AUTO.S are useless for Mini-Z cars, it's not worth the time to try and tune the settings unless you're racing nitro cars.

Tjay
2009.12.21, 05:21 PM
The #ADJVOL option on the EX-1UR menu is the one you want, for recalibrating the radio. After that, you should just make sure that your throttle EPA's are not set over 70% (KO recommends 60%, I think they're right but just want to have some margin). If your throttle EPA's are set to 100% then it makes perfect sense why you'd be hitting "full-throttle" at barely past half.

From my understanding, Larry is referring to the dead band from Neutral position to Mid. This area has dead band. Then from Mid to Full, the throttle is fine.

[Full] ----- [Mid] ----- [Neutral]
^......ok......^....DB.......^

On my radio, I have the EPA or Throttle High Point set to 55 on all my cars and Right when you put pressure on the throttle:

[Full] ----- [Mid] ----- [Neutral]
...............................^

You can hear the motor wants to turn already and it give smooth/ linear power delivery from that range 'til Full. I think this is the settings that Larry is looking for.

Throttle Quick-Response gets rid of the deadband pretty effectively -- on 3010 FETs, you can go up to around 40% without affecting the throttle smoothness. Not sure if this remains true when using 4562's or 8858's.

This is good to know. I will try this on one of our drivers radio and see how it is.

lfisminiz
2009.12.21, 08:55 PM
This is brand new EX.

Ill try to recalibrate and other things mentioned.

To re-explain.....When i pull throttle/trigger from nuetral, to excellerate car, im reaching full/max speed at mid throttle/trigger already.

bermbuster
2009.12.21, 09:28 PM
Have a KO Helios right now. Been using a long time. Got the KO EX-1UR because i like the smaller size of it in my hand. Been messing with it, but having problems setting it up. Navigating menu, no problem. One problem i have is THROTTLE. When i pull trigger, at about half way, i already have full throttle.:confused: Tried numerous things to no avail. ALSO what functions really dont appy to the mini-zs. Might have more later if i get the throttle resolved.

the throttle functions allow you group the trigger into 3 ranges....
I dont know it off the top of my head but if you read the manual it explains it....the simplist way to get more trigger would be to put in a neg number on your throttle curve.....
just remember the KO mini z module does not have the full band width of 100or 150% like the settings have. The max is about 60 % . By ulitlizing the 60 ish number the TX makes the mini z very responsive.

lfisminiz
2009.12.21, 09:39 PM
I know i have the KO recomended settings for the Z on already.

lfisminiz
2009.12.22, 06:55 PM
Should have time tomorrow night to try radio again......let you guys know.

lfisminiz
2009.12.23, 10:20 PM
OK guys.....so far i tried recalibrating trigger (#ADJVOL), that seems to have done it. I may have more questions as i go. Thanks LED/COLOR!:)

LED
2009.12.24, 03:45 AM
Glad it helped ;)

lfisminiz
2010.01.03, 06:27 PM
Well finaly got to try it in a race for the first time. After recalibrating steering/throttle, get the settings right, hook all my cars to it. I had my Helios along but thought no just get used to the EX. Got to say i loved it. Worked great. Very responsive. Throttle/steering worked great. Only thing i did was got a Hiri wheel (bigger diameter) and put on the same size foam wheel thats on my Helios. Im used to the bigger wheel VS. the smaller one that came with. Big thumbs up.:)