PDA

View Full Version : Giro Z ghost lap counting

Davey G
2009.12.23, 07:15 PM
having trouble with Giroz counting laps even where there are no cars on the track. When there are cars on the track it sometimes counts laps when the car isnt even close to the loop...can someone help???

NOTHING has changed since the systen was installed, all of the sudden we are having issues....

yasuji
2009.12.23, 07:34 PM
having trouble with Giroz counting laps even where there are no cars on the track. When there are cars on the track it sometimes counts laps when the car isnt even close to the loop...can someone help???

NOTHING has changed since the systen was installed, all of the sudden we are having issues....

davey.... we jus started having this same problem @ netzone....i thought it was my comp so i changed to an all new one....Sam @ netzone told me to unplug one of the pickups on the bridge....now it works just fine no ghost count and no missed laps...,it may be the new version software:confused:
i unpluged one at a time and i ended up leaving the middle one unplugged

hrdrvr
2009.12.23, 09:11 PM
Weve been using the system for like 3 years now. Its happened to us on about five occasions. We switch the cable out for a new one, and the problem goes away. I think if there is the smallest little kink in those sensetive cables that it goes haywire.

Davey G
2010.01.03, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the suggestions...so Grant even though we have only 3 transponder sensors we should try unplugging 1 out of the 3 and be left with only 2 sensors? Will that be strong enough to detect a transponder going by?

Lastnight it was awful, we thought it had something to do with our AMPLIFIER for the PA system but it was still doing it. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

GIROZ can you help me or give Majs Hobby Shop a call????

arch2b
2010.01.03, 06:04 PM
i would suggest posting to the trp vendor forum (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89) as trp is the distributor correct?

yasuji
2010.01.04, 02:40 AM
Thanks for the suggestions...so Grant even though we have only 3 transponder sensors we should try unplugging 1 out of the 3 and be left with only 2 sensors? Will that be strong enough to detect a transponder going by?

Lastnight it was awful, we thought it had something to do with our AMPLIFIER for the PA system but it was still doing it. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

GIROZ can you help me or give Majs Hobby Shop a call????

sorry didnt see it till rt now....yes just unplug the middle one and try it....understand the light is coming from the car and being picked up by the bridge....not vice versa.....i couldnt belive it my self;)
we r currently running 2 of 3 sensors....if i plug in the third it will bring up 3 other transponder numbers....and we run 2 1/3 tiles where the bridge is!:D

Davey G
2010.01.04, 08:25 AM
Grant: OK, sounds good will try it this week. Thanks to all!!!

Davey G
2010.01.04, 02:17 PM
OK disconnected the center one. Still going haywire!!

hrdrvr
2010.01.04, 04:07 PM
Have you tried a new cable form the bridge to the CPU?

Davey G
2010.01.07, 01:49 PM
ITS BEEN FIXED!!!

Thank you to all that helped with this issue. I will spare you with all the crap that we tried. We simply unplugged the PA amplifier from the computer and all issues disappeared. We are using computer speakers now for the computer, the PA with amplifier is being used for race calling only. Crazy huh? Thanks again!!!