PDA

View Full Version : Action RC Mini Spdwy Winternationals: 2/27/10

ActionRC
2009.12.28, 02:20 PM
Keep the date open everyone! February 27, 2010 will be the annual Action RC Mini Speedway Mini-Z Winternationals! This is our big winter trophy race, and we will be running our Wide-Body Stock and Narrow Body Spec classes. We will also run a third class to be voted on by you guys! (Third class will be announced at least 3 weeks before the event.) This is a one day event, and is sure to be a lot of fun, as always. I'll keep the info coming, but for now, keep the date open!

PLACE
Action RC Mini Speedway
4465 Arthur Kill Rd
Staten Island, NY 10309
www.actionRCspeedway.com

DATE AND TIME
February 27, 2010
11:00AM - OPEN PRACTICE
2:00PM - RACING BEGINS

REGISTRATION
$25 plus $5 for 3rd Class addition
Open to first 40 registrants
Registration must be paid to officially hold your seat
Parent/Child Combos: $25 (+$5?) for parent, $20 for child for all 3 classes

RULES
Standard ARCMS Rules will apply
Cars WILL be randomly inspected by ticket registation #
Three rounds of qualifying plus Mains
Trophies for all Divison/Class winners

Prizes will be raffled and awarded throughout the day, so don't miss this always exciting event! If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, as always - let me know! See you then! Register soon!

J-Milz
2009.12.28, 03:15 PM
MONSTER JAM time!!!!!:D
I'll start up another poll.

Scrapper
2009.12.28, 04:40 PM
of course stu has to rep the action there

al u know u the shiz right

minittrackmann
2009.12.28, 06:44 PM
Pan car with a speedy 07 for the third class!

tommy_greeneyes
2009.12.28, 08:43 PM
oh i got to come to this race,lol. Pan car class be nice for third class.lol:D

ActionRC
2009.12.29, 10:08 AM
There's been a lot of buzz about bringing Pan Car back as third class, and that would time it perfectly with the Winternationals. I like the idea of speeding them up a bit compared to when we ran them with 70-turn motors. The 07BB would be a great choice. I also love the idea of a Volkswagon TDI Cup kind of class - Golf or Beetle bodies, narrow F/R tires, rear motor, gear diffs, maybe X-Speed motors - a really drivers class. It's going to be a lot of fun either way!

ActionRC
2010.01.05, 09:50 AM
Guys - Please try to keep all discussions about the race on this thread. I think our conversations and thoughts are getting a bit too fanned out with too many threads. Please use this one to discuss classes, etc. THANKS!

(And thanks to Jamil for trying to help keep the votes for the third class more formalized. I keep track by what you guys say and discuss - don't worry!)

JeremyC
2010.01.05, 01:24 PM
Guys - Please try to keep all discussions about the race on this thread. I think our conversations and thoughts are getting a bit too fanned out with too many threads. Please use this one to discuss classes, etc. THANKS!

(And thanks to Jamil for trying to help keep the votes for the third class more formalized. I keep track by what you guys say and discuss - don't worry!)

Al,

Sorry, I thought the other thread as the official class thread. :)

My vote is Pan Car with Speedy 07BB, open tires.

tommy_greeneyes
2010.01.05, 07:18 PM
i like to see Pan Car with Speedy 07BB, open tires.ALSO:D

J-Milz
2010.01.05, 08:15 PM
Question: If pan car speedy 07 is the next class of the upcomming point series, then are we still looking to make it the third class of the Winter Nats? Just asking.:confused:

JeremyC
2010.01.05, 08:27 PM
Question: If pan car speedy 07 is the next class of the upcomming point series, then are we still looking to make it the third class of the Winter Nats? Just asking.:confused:

yes. it is good practice :)

J-Milz
2010.01.05, 09:00 PM
yes. it is good practice :)
Making more than two Saturdays in a points series is also GOOD practice!:eek:

ActionRC
2010.01.08, 01:44 PM
I don't think running a third class of Pan for the series and 'Nats is necessarily a bad thing. If more people have the cars, more people will run the 'Nats and hopefully weekly snce it really was a great class. It's the only class we've ever run two series in a row due to popular demand.

See everyone tomorrow!

EMU
2010.01.08, 03:45 PM
I would like to request that the motor is not the 07... it just doesnt have enough life. The ATM motors tend to last much longer. All of my Speedy 07's barely made one point series.

jackg
2010.01.08, 06:09 PM
i like the atomic usa as the class motor for pan. -j

SaiTam
2010.01.08, 09:35 PM
I would like to request that the motor is not the 07... it just doesnt have enough life. The ATM motors tend to last much longer. All of my Speedy 07's barely made one point series.

Year 07 is four years behind us also.

ActionRC
2010.01.09, 12:46 PM
I've been running my Speedy 07 for over a year, and it's faster and better than ever! They last plenty long for everyone at ARC. If you take it out of the package, run it, oil it, and clean it, they run for a VERY long time.

ActionRC
2010.01.09, 12:48 PM
PS - The Atomic motors also also more difficult for me to obtain. (Funny how everyone has had great luck with Speedy 07 motors EXCEPT the Atomic sponsored driver and the Atomic customer service rep. What a coincidence!:D)

ActionRC
2010.01.14, 12:16 PM
Wow - No responses to that last one? Phew - Dodged a bullet, I guess. :) Haha!

Looks like Pan Car is leading the votes right now for thrid class points and Winternat's. I know Jamil really wants to run Monster/OL, so maybe we'l do a special Sunday morning race soon just for those. It would be a lot of fun.

jackg
2010.01.15, 01:31 PM
Everyone who enters the WinterNats will recieve a ticket for one free hotdog or one free taco. Taco Bell Mas Puto! -j

ActionRC
2010.01.19, 09:37 AM
That's very cool, Jack. Thank you!

J-Milz
2010.01.19, 09:57 AM
Im offering free McDonalds coupons for those who vote Monster / OL as the third class!:D

danny250r
2010.01.19, 11:58 AM
Im offering free McDonalds coupons for those who vote Monster / OL as the third class!:D
:D:D:D:D im with you on the overland/monster

ActionRC
2010.01.28, 10:07 AM
Sorry, Jamil and Danny. Pan Car it is, but I would like to try to do another day, maybe on a Sunday, of just OL/Monster for special event. It would be fun, and at least then everyone marshaling would be expected to as opposed to volunteering.

Register for the Winternats' soon!

Davey G
2010.01.28, 12:13 PM
So the 3rd class is pancar? Is this correct Al??

J-Milz
2010.01.28, 01:57 PM
Sorry, Jamil and Danny. Pan Car it is, but I would like to try to do another day, maybe on a Sunday, of just OL/Monster for special event. It would be fun, and at least then everyone marshaling would be expected to as opposed to volunteering.

Register for the Winternats' soon!

Yeah pan car!:(.......guess I gotta drive upstate to run offroad. I got the pan car ready to go.

ActionRC
2010.01.28, 03:48 PM
So the 3rd class is pancar? Is this correct Al??

YEP! "Pan car it is!" ;)

CDR racing
2010.02.21, 07:25 PM
Action RC will be broadcasting live feed from this Saturday's Action RC Mini Speedway 2nd Annual Winternationals on stickam.com. We will begin broadcasting when the track opens @ 11 A.M. and will continue all day. Once the mains begin we will record them, and post them to youtube later on. I will post the link to the Action RC stickam profile below, and the feed will also be available on Action RC's website, www.actionrcspeedway.com. To see the live video, visit www.stickam.com/actionrc on Saturday!

Mike Haynes
2010.02.21, 10:03 PM
Is there a schedule / exact rules posted somewhere?

Will speedy 07 be in stock? Is this the motor for the regular 2wd class also?

SaiTam
2010.02.21, 10:06 PM
http://www.actionrcspeedway.com/rules.pdf

Mike Haynes
2010.02.21, 10:12 PM
Thanks Sai

How does grip compare with NYRC / Majs?

SaiTam
2010.02.21, 10:17 PM
Eugene told me he needed less front grip at Action compared to NYRC. Last I checked ActionRC runs counterclockwise.

CDR racing
2010.02.21, 10:49 PM
Is there a schedule / exact rules posted somewhere?

Will speedy 07 be in stock? Is this the motor for the regular 2wd class also?

Mike- Schedule is under news page of action rc website. Also I believe the first post of this thread has it. Opens/Practice starts at 11 A.M. Racing starts at 2 P.M.

ActionRC
2010.02.22, 10:59 AM
Officially, prizes have been donated by Atomic, PN Racing, and Kyosho, and as always, the Action RC Mini-Z Winternationals promises to be another amazing event. There are just a small number of seats still available, so if you are thinking of racing, but haven't formally contacted me to do so, DO SO RIGHT AWAY! There are several people who have been conversing about the Winternats' on this thread and the regular one who have not let me formally know that they are actually coming, so please let me know ASAP.

Mike - It was great to talk with you today, and I'm looking forward to meeting you! You're going to have a great time at Action RC!

Sai - I'd be very cautious as to what you tell people to keep in mind. Anything can happen! ;)

See everyone during the week! :D

SaiTam
2010.02.22, 12:32 PM
Al,

I sent you an email for registration.

Sai

JeremyC
2010.02.22, 01:01 PM
Yes! I am coming to.. I PM'd a couple times. :)

ActionRC
2010.02.22, 02:21 PM
Got it, Jeremy. See you Saturday! Are you running Peachy, or did you make a new body yet? ;)

Sai, Jeremy, Cody, Mike - You're all in! Get ready for a great day of racing!!!

JeremyC
2010.02.22, 02:29 PM
Got it, Jeremy. See you Saturday! Are you running Peachy, or did you make a new body yet? ;)

Sai, Jeremy, Cody, Mike - You're all in! Get ready for a great day of racing!!!

I've been running a lime green 360GTC (the whitebody I bought at your shop), but I'm going to be running a Mucielago and Pan-Car on saturday :)

Still lime green though!

ActionRC
2010.02.22, 04:09 PM
Lime green is the most popular color for unpainted bodies. Cool color!

Davey G
2010.02.22, 09:20 PM
Hi Al,

I will be there for sure, please sign me up for Wide GT Stock...thanks!

lfisminiz
2010.02.22, 09:30 PM
Al, you should have gotton an e-mail from me earlier tonight.:)

LARRY

J-Milz
2010.02.22, 11:40 PM
Is the layout for the Nat's gonna be a secret? Or, are you gonna lay it down by Thursday?

jackg
2010.02.23, 07:12 AM
Is the layout for the Nat's gonna be a secret? Or, are you gonna lay it down by Thursday?

i heard its getting done friday night -j

ActionRC
2010.02.23, 01:47 PM
Larry, Ed, Dave - You're all in!

The layout will be put down Friday night, so it will be brand new for everyone on Saturday. Even I will not drive it. (I will be driving the vacuum on it, but that's it!)

ActionRC
2010.02.25, 11:10 AM
I cannot believe we are getting hit with another massive snowstorm! Here in Queens where I work it is raining more than snowing, and nothing is on the ground. In Staten Island, my wife (Valerie Alswife of the Brooklyn Alswifes) says there is already over 2" on the ground, and it's only 11:50am! Hopefully this means that it started earlier than expected and will end early, so everything should be clear by Saturday. I'll send out emails and update the website in case the snow is an issue, but it doesn't seem that it will be.

Registraton is pretty much full. I overbooked a bit figuring the snow might be an issue for some, but even if everyone shows, we'll still be fine as far as space. This is by far the largest race attendance we have ever had, so it's going to be an awesome day of great racing! I'll be sending an email to everyone with more details. If you are not on my mailing list, please send me an email letting me know so I can add you.

ActionRC
2010.02.26, 10:17 AM
Hey, everyone. I am trying to decide what to do. I just called the trophy place - they're finishing them and closing early, but the owner will take them home so I can pick them up at his house. I am checking w/ UPS and USPS on the HKS and Kyosho packages - both of which are prizes. I am checking on snow, which could be an issue for everyone. I have about 12" on the ground right now (11:15), and it's still coming down with no end in sight until tomorrow per Fox 5, which has the best weather. I'll have to make a decision later - especially once I know if the prizes are arriving. This snow really messed things up. I'll keep everyone posted on the forum and on email, but I think it's still too early to call. In the worst case, I'll postpone the Winternationals for two weeks (because I cannot do it next weekend) and we'll run normal points racing tomorrow. That way, if anyone wants to race, I am not depending on prizes or any deliveries, and it gives me more time to deal with the snow, both for people's safety, parking, and clearing it out of the way so people don't fall/slip. I'll let everyone know for sure later in the day when I know if UPS and USPS are coming with the prizes. So far, both are still scheduled for today. (I know there are actually a few people who want the race to be postponed so they could actually attend!)

The lot is pretty big, but the snow will cut into it more than it still is already from the last snowfall. There are also a few side streets to park on. Stay tuned! :mad:

SaiTam
2010.02.26, 10:25 AM
I have the Atomic prizes in my car and I need to make sure my FWD can get out from the parking spot. The VW electronic locking diff is a joke. When I had the few Subarus for years I never needed AWD, until now.

JeremyC
2010.02.26, 01:00 PM
If the Staten Island Ferry and SI Rail Road are running; I'll be there, prizes or not.

I would prefer to get a ride from anyone in the Manhattan/BK/Queens area though, could meet you anywhere. Just be sure you are dead set on going, otherwise I'll just waste the morning on the public transport, which is slow but almost reliable.

Al, I am coming for you; you will be crushed by my green menace.

-Jer

BTW, it sounds like you have a mailing list, my email is jeremychase@gmail.com

Cherub1m
2010.02.26, 01:15 PM
Edison looks pretty good right now also. Sun is out and a little blue sky is showing and the snow is starting to melt. Hope it continues that way.

ActionRC
2010.02.26, 03:14 PM
Hey, everyone. Unfortunately, I must postpone the Action RC Mini Speedway Mini-Z Winternationals scheduled for tomorrow, February 27th. Obviously, the snow was a factor, and the worst of the snow seems to be over. The main reason for the postponement is that UPS stopped all regular deliveries for today, so all of the prizes and merchandise that were schedule to arrive today that I need to run the race did not. Kyosho, one of the main sponsors of the race, donated a large number of prizes, some of them sizeable, and I just cannot see running the event and not having the prizes that have always made my Winter and Summernationals so special. (Honestly, it might be time to switch to a Spring and Fall Nationals after this!)

The new date for the Winternationals will be March 13th - two weeks from the original date of tomorrow's race. I hope this gives everyone enough time to adjust their plans - again. I will hold all positions that were full, so if you are registered for tomorrow's race but will not be able to make it on the 13th, please let me know right away to open up your spot for another driver.

On a positive note, we will run normal points racing tomorrow, so if you're schedule was clear already, COME RACING ANYWAY for our normal 3:00 practice and 6:00 racing sessions.

I apologize to everyone who this effects in any negative way. I know some of you made adjustments to your normal plans to clear tomorrow for racing. (I also know some of you that could not clear your schedules are very happy right now!) Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow for points racing!

PS - I did my best to look through all other forums to look for any other events that might conflict with this date, but did not see any. If I am incorrect, please let me know ASAP.

Needless to say, this was a difficult decision, and I thank you all for your undertanding. :(

J-Milz
2010.02.26, 03:23 PM
NOO!!!! :eek:

SaiTam
2010.02.26, 03:31 PM
Let's hope mother nature will cooperate two weeks from now. Check out my car's new hairstyle:

JeremyC
2010.02.26, 04:01 PM
Al,

Sorry to hear that. Tough call I'm sure.. Truth be told I could use a couple more weeks because I just got a new controller (Helios), and could use the practice.

-Jer

lfisminiz
2010.02.26, 04:55 PM
Al, see you in 2 weeks.:)

SAI - looks like a snowhawk.:D

sjm324
2010.02.26, 06:10 PM
Let's hope mother nature will cooperate two weeks from now. Check out my car's new hairstyle:

Sai, I like the new haircut...The VW should be no prob in the snow :)

ActionRC
2010.03.01, 04:10 PM
Well, despite the postponement of the Winternationals, Saturday night turned out to be a great night of racing! We had a nice turnout, and some great racing. Here are some of the highlites:

Wide Body Stock
A Main: Philip came in from NJ to show us NY guys a thing or two! Crop and Eugene gave him a great chase, and they all finished on the same lap just seconds apart! Crop almost caught Philip, but timed out at 36/5.00.19! Eugene was just under a half lap down, but coming on strong. Crop almost had the win! Tom came in 4th, I came in 5th, and Danny finished 6th.

B Main: This was a fun one to watch! Nat lead from 1-29, with Shafiq climbing his way from 6th to second at lap 14. Nat bobbled with just 3 laps to go with an 18 second lap, and Shafiq got by! Right behind them was Jeff and Tom Sr, and all four finished on 32 laps! Jamil was right there with 31, but one 17 second lap ruined his chances at the lead lap and a chance for at least 4th. Jack made the B, but had some rough laps that dropped him to the back of the pack quickly. Fortunately for him, his chicken wings rocked!

C Main: This was a great battle between Lil' Mikey and Dominick. They swapped the lead at the counter 8 times, plus numerous times on the track! Dom had the lead with just 3 laps to go, and then disaster struck and he had a 24 second lap! Mikey never looked back, and Dominick was devastated. Aaah, the emotions of the C Main. It was intense. Great improvement, Dom.

Narrow Body Spec
A Main: Eugene dominated, again. The end. :D (However, the battle for second was crazy! Tom and Philip battled for 2nd, with Crop right behind. Nat and Jeff had a great battle for 4th.)

B Main: Jamil took the win with a 31 lap run with a fantastic GTR. The battle for 2nd was between Tom Sr, Shafiq, and me, and we finished in that order within 8 seconds of each other, all with 30 laps. Tom Sr lead most of this race until Jamil got by on lap 21. Great race!

Pan Car
A Main: Tom loves Pan Car. He's said it before, and he'll say it again. He blew everyone away by 2 laps! Crop took 2nd over Nat by just 7 seconds. Shafiq was right there for 4th, and Eugene's car was awful for a change. Time for a 2WD!

B Main: I qualified on the pole and took the win, but not without a fierce challenge. Lil' Mikey ran awesome, and lead 1-5. Then Jamil, who's car is normally awful, took the lead fom 6-17. Then Jeff came out of nowhere and lead 18-27, but in the end, the bright orange Home Depot Pan Car, driven by yours truly, got by Jeff and took the win with just 3 laps to go! It was a great race, even if I didn't win - but I did! Haha:Dhaha! Dominick had a decent run even with 2 really bad laps, finishing 3 laps down. Golddust, well, he was Golddust. He did have a great time, and practice will get him much better. I made some adjustments to his radio when racing was over, and the car felt much better. Keep at it, Golddust. ;)

Looking forward to a fun Test and Tune Tuesday!

Cherub1m
2010.03.03, 12:23 PM
Yeah, very close races. I ran the AWD in Wide Body Stock, the AWD didn't get the hot lap, but it was the most consistent. This consistency made it possible for me to hit 26 laps in one of the heats and 37 laps in the main. I still want to set up a 2wd for WBS class. Crops 03 was just on fire, i didn't think a gyro would be of any benefit to the 03...he let me drive his car after the race and his 03 was just amazing to drive.

Well, I am waitting patiently for march 13th Winter Nats should be a great event.

ActionRC
2010.03.03, 04:35 PM
Hi, everyone! As you all know by now, the Winternationals event was postponed from February 27th to March 13th. It seems that this worked out well for many people, and most people that were scheduled to come are still coming. I am holding spots for the original people that were registered already. If you cannot attend the new date, please let me know ASAP so that I could open up your spot for someone else. If you are coming, even if you were registered for the 27th, and have not told me already that you can make it on the 13th, please let me know. I want to be 100% sure that I have spots for everyone, and your assistance is necessary to make sure everyone is accomodated.

Ten things to know about the race...

1) The time has been changed to 9:00am open, and 12:00pm racing. This will allow us to get the racing completed in a more reasonable time. (Thanks, Adam.)
2) I could use about 5 more tables. If anyone has a table that they could bring, that would be helpful. Please let me know ahead of time if you think you can bring one. (Pits will be set up in the back room as well.)
3) Please bring a power strip.
4) Pit towels or mats are mandatory! (You MUST buy one if you do not bring one.)
5) Space will be very limited, so please try not bring guests that would be staying with you all day if possible. There will not be space available in the pits for them to sit with you. It would probably be a good idea to keep small children home, as it will be very crowded, and the little ones get a bit restless after several hours. (I know this is delicate thing to request without sounding mean, but it's more a matter of space, safety, racer comfort, and keeping the event running smoothly.)
6) Bagels and juice will be on the house in the morning as always!
7) I have reserved a limited number of Kyosho MZW38-20 rear radial tires for everyone. I have 50 pairs held for the 'Nats. These tires are very popular, and I would like to make sure that everyone gets at least one pair for at least the Wide Stock class. If you need a set, let me know and I'll make a note of it to hold one for you. If I could hold two sets per person, I will. I will also have plenty of PN 6 Rear radials on hand as well, which are also very popular and very good at ARC.
8) In addition to trophies being awarded for the winners of all Mains, additional trophies for Best Marshal and Best Painter are being awarded. Let's see what you guys can do!
9) All of the prizes have been received! We've got T-shirts, decals, parts, bodies, and TWO Kyosho Mini-Z Readysets to give away!!!
10) Since the lot is ground level with the entrance, you can keep anything you want in your car and get it immediately. Please keep stuff in the pits to a minimum. This is also true of lighting. If you do bring a light, please use a low-voltage light, preferably an LED light.

Special thanks to all of the Winternational's sponsors, including...
Kyosho America http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/
PN Racing http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/index.php
Atomic http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/
3c Grafx http://www.3c-designs.webs.com/
MikeLDesigns.com http://www.mikeldesigns.com/
Macho Nacho

The sponsors are critical to running the great events that we always have, and I think all of them tremendously for their help and support.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Again, please confirm your registration for March 13th if you have not done so already. Racers registered for the 2/27 race have first dibs on the available spots, but I need confirmation to officially hold. Thanks!

See you all on March 13th!

ActionRC
2010.03.15, 08:44 AM
Thank you to everyone who made the Winternationals such a great event! It was a fun day, despite the incredibly bad weather that we had to endure (inside and out!) We'll use our nomal thread for discussion about the day.

Jay7
2011.01.11, 12:04 PM
Sounds like fun, what motors will be used for the modified and stock classes? Maybe I can bring the Bronx guys with me...

ActionRC
2011.01.11, 01:05 PM
Jay - This is the thread from last year's Winternationals. The 2011 Winternationals date will be announced shortly! Stay tuned, and follow our regular thread (above?) Come on down some night and race! :)