PDA

View Full Version : Mini Z and Micro T wars.

Type-R
2009.12.29, 04:15 PM
I have notice in all the mini Z vids i watch, somebody post a comment saying
My micro T will beat your Mini Z
I think they should not be compared at all, the mini Z is made for on track road racing. The micro T is simply made for Off roading, bashing and jumps. If we were to put them both to the test, they would both out shine each other in there own event.
Will this war end or will somebody put them both to the test?

*now with poll!*
I voted no because there like 2 different things

marc
2009.12.29, 05:43 PM
Why not add a Dnano to the battle? Or better yet, a small RC tank with Losi's new micro-crawler? Which one can climb better?

arch2b
2009.12.29, 06:45 PM
they both do different things so i'm not sure why a comparison is necessary or even warranted? it's like comparing a mini-z monster to a mini-z racer, both meant to do different things but both can be raced.

Skv012a
2009.12.29, 06:53 PM
Yea, I'm with not comparing these two. Even like overlands vs racers.

Action B
2009.12.29, 07:47 PM
If you are referring to Youtube videos I'm sure you have noticed that the general intelligence level is extremely low and comments are usually entirely ignorant.

I own both of them. Sure you CAN compare them but the answer is always obvious. Smooth surface a mini-z is faster, rough terrain a micro-T will shine. Nuff said. Of course, I'm talking about track racing not a speed run. A lot of people who post those comments just think their car is faster than the Z as in acceleration and top speed.

Type-R
2009.12.29, 07:52 PM
If you are referring to Youtube videos I'm sure you have noticed that the general intelligence level is extremely low and comments are usually entirely ignorant.

I own both of them. Sure you CAN compare them but the answer is always obvious. Smooth surface a mini-z is faster, rough terrain a micro-T will shine. Nuff said.

Most users on youtube like to Criticise and when they do they think they are cool, but I did this cause I wanted to see what people think.

Skv012a
2009.12.29, 08:43 PM
Most users on youtube like to Criticise and when they do they think they are cool, but I did this cause I wanted to see what people think.

What WE think lol. And I think you're getting pretty good answers already. Xmods vs Z would be a better comparison, but hardly a contest.

Type-R
2009.12.29, 08:53 PM
What WE think lol. And I think you're getting pretty good answers already. Xmods vs Z would be a better comparison, but hardly a contest.

we already know who would win that one lol.

Skv012a
2009.12.29, 08:55 PM
But that and prolly firelap/iwaver is the only decent comparison you can do.

Type-R
2009.12.29, 09:09 PM
iWaver and mini Z would be the best

Mini Z would still win

JeremyC
2009.12.29, 09:28 PM
Performance wise Micro-T's and Mini-z's aren't really comparable because their designs are so different. As a tiny race-able RC they absolutely are.

From what I understand the Micro-T's are just as well built as Mini-Z's, and since their electronics are more modular M-T's are even more "hobby grade" than Mini-Z's.

Mini-Z's are great, but they have a major drawback; you have to run on RCP. I suppose you could run on carpet, but no-one does. Personally I think this is a bad move because all the tracks are extremely similar. Sure some tracks have more or less grip, but they aren't drastic differences. I think 1/28 racing would be more interesting if you had more variety in track surface.

So, I would like to see Micro-t's used in a more competitive light. I think they would work just as well as Mini-Z's as a competitive platform, and would offer more variety.

bermbuster
2009.12.29, 10:00 PM

I own both of them. Sure you CAN compare them but the answer is always obvious. Smooth surface a mini-z is faster, rough terrain a micro-T will shine. Nuff said. Of course, I'm talking about track racing not a speed run. A lot of people who post those comments just think their car is faster than the Z as in acceleration and top speed.

we set up micro ts to race on rcp and they beat the mini monsters and overlands.....
I like my z s better than my ts....
truly the advantage comes from the voltage....my ts are 2 cell lipo powered.....

Action B
2009.12.30, 12:06 AM
Though they are more modular, I don't think they are more hobby grade per se. I joined a micro-T forum and the consensus is that a mini-Z board is superior to a micro-t stock board. They have suggested on that forum that I switch a mini-Z board into my Micro-T as an upgrade.

The Micro-T board struggles with constant thermal shutdown or shut down due to higher voltage or even just a motor upgrade. They really can't be upgraded that far with the stock board. Since the motors are not 130 size, they aren't modular at all. In fact, there are only 2 motors for the stock esc on the market. Their drivetrains are notably weak and have binding issues right from the factory. (mod #1= loosen screws on the gearbox because they are too tight and cause binding).

reaper
2009.12.30, 05:10 AM
how about this as apossible comparison to a mini-z ?

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee251/reaperz_photos/DSC00328.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee251/reaperz_photos/DSC00329.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee251/reaperz_photos/DSC00330.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee251/reaperz_photos/DSC00332.jpg

LED
2010.01.01, 05:13 AM
My apple tastes better then your pear.

You get the point :p