PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone

Type-R
2010.01.02, 05:33 PM
Ever tried to drive there miniZ on dirt. After watching WRC I got the idea of put a light batch of dirt on mini Z track and start driving on it with a MA-010
i think its an awsome idea, it might be a new type of racing :o

JeremyC
2010.01.02, 07:05 PM
You have to clean these cars so much already, even running on RCP. Running outside or on dirt is a major pain.

Type-R
2010.01.02, 07:10 PM
You have to clean these cars so much already, even running on RCP. Running outside or on dirt is a major pain.

Maybe someone could make parts specialy for the dirt to cover up pats and stuff so there is less stress cleaning

Skv012a
2010.01.03, 11:29 AM
Its impossible to cover all the drivetrain, especially on AWD, so this is a bad idea. If you want an off-road experience, just make a track on a carpet and add more artificial terrain to it.

arch2b
2010.01.03, 11:37 AM
i say go for it. be prepaired to take the entire car apart to clean it afterward but if that doesn't bother you, have fun!

i've taken my mini-z's many places everyone says they wouldn't do well or shouldn't. i spent at least 2 years running them on asphalt parking lots which was a blast! everything has consequences though so just be prepaired.

deloreanaka8
2010.02.24, 07:02 AM
Have you seen slotcar races simulating ice? They use flour and it's as cool as it can get.
But I also see the point of every one posting, it must be really hard to clean the car after that kind of treatment.
But another question directly associated to this - are there any rally block tires for the Z so that this would be possible to do? :confused:
I've never seen any, tbh...

Netcon
2010.02.24, 07:20 AM
i say go for it. be prepaired to take the entire car apart to clean it afterward but if that doesn't bother you, have fun!

i've taken my mini-z's many places everyone says they wouldn't do well or shouldn't. i spent at least 2 years running them on asphalt parking lots which was a blast! everything has consequences though so just be prepaired.

Been wanting to do that with my AWD for a while now, was great fun with the xmods cars but I can imagine it being even better with the Z. My only worry was getting my only AWD all beat up and scratched!!
At some point I'll pick up a cheap stock AM AWD and try some rallying, plus wouldn't have to worry too much about cleaning plastic diffs and bushings! :D

I'd also like to know about some rally tires. Not sure if anyone has tried but would the LM chunky rears work? They look meaty enough, well for clearence, not so much for grip on dirt!

babstar
2010.02.24, 10:48 AM
Kyosho has rally tires that could do the job I think. Check for MZW 34 to MZW 36 range of products. I know slotracer that make rally tracks with powder see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcRi-zPl56s

I wouldn't want the stuff on my RCP or in my Z but if you are ok with that ...

Grtz.

deloreanaka8
2010.02.24, 02:26 PM
You mean these?

http://www.super-rc.co.jp/cp-bin/oscommerce/catalog/images/MZW35-20.jpg

Call me ignorant but I've always thought these were normal radial tires... :confused:

Fovea3d
2010.02.24, 03:09 PM
We had timed rally races on an outside train scenery few years ago.
We used 30 classic tires (as on Cobra, Jota ASC's, etc) mounted on normal rims. The clearance was perfect and the grip quite good. Softer tires like 10 did not work at all because dust was sticking on them. The road surface was painted concrete.
As block tires you could use sliced ATM tires for the Micro-T.

Edit: this was back in 2005 (http://nanospeeders.com/video/2005statosrallye.wmv) with MR01's Extreme fun. Nothing broken. Cleaned only with a brush.