PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts for scheduling a enduro race?

Mike Keely
2010.01.03, 03:55 PM
We can schedule it with the HobbyTown in Fredrick, MD or at Mimi's. Either way we will need to take a track for the race. Don't know if Matt and Jeremy are up for it again or not. I know that Gary Thomas would let us use his track and computer if needed. They have three wide L's worth of track.

We could schedule it for Feb. or March. I would like to know how many teams we would have and any thoughts you might have.

I would like to make it a 2 hour race?

arch2b
2010.01.03, 05:45 PM
I think with teams you will find 2 hours to be short. I would suggest 4. This makes strategy a much larger part of the team event. Keep in mind the end event is going to be MUCH longer.

Either location is fine with me. Mimi doesn't have much of anything around. Not sure about ht USA as I have not been there yet but I'd like to get some dnano track time.

Mike Keely
2010.01.04, 10:33 PM
4 hours sounds good to me.

I had some questions for everyone:
1) What motor does everyone want to use? I vote for a PN 70 Turn stock motor. I would think that everyone would have one and they would have great run time per battery pack.
2) I suggest auto scale bodies only?
3) I would like to have it on Feb. the 13. How would this go over on the Sat before Valentines Day? If not how is March the 13th?
4) Teams would be two to three people and can only run one car.
5) I think that we will need to have it at HobbyTown in Fredrick MD?I will need to reserve the date as soon as we all pick the date.
6) 10 teams max. we are thinking at least a little over three wide L's size track.

arch2b
2010.01.05, 09:12 AM
can i suggest you contact mleemor60 to wrap this into the reflex racing endurance event schedule? there are base guidlines with flexibility for the host to make some decisions. this would get the event a sponsor right off the bat.

feb. is a busy month for me anyway so i prefer march but thats just me:p

your rules sound very close to the endurance event we held with ncrc racing a couple years back. it was a very successful race which everyone seemed to really enjoy. i wish we could schedule more of these for our area clubs to participate in.

imxlr8ed
2010.01.05, 03:37 PM
Maybe throw on an hour of F1 Enduro as well? :rolleyes: Really had fun at that DC F1 Enduro a while back... awesome wrecks! :D

I say, 70turn... 3 maximum drivers, Kyosho chassis and wheelbases, any body, 4nimh cells... keep it basic.

Mike Keely
2010.01.05, 06:51 PM
can i suggest you contact mleemor60 to wrap this into the reflex racing endurance event schedule? there are base guidlines with flexibility for the host to make some decisions. this would get the event a sponsor right off the bat.

feb. is a busy month for me anyway so i prefer march but thats just me:p

your rules sound very close to the endurance event we held with ncrc racing a couple years back. it was a very successful race which everyone seemed to really enjoy. i wish we could schedule more of these for our area clubs to participate in.
I have seen the rules that Reflex has and I am not interested in all of the changes that they want to do during the race. I am sure that guys have had fun at those races but not something that I want to do.

imxlr8ed
2010.01.06, 10:50 AM
Mike, I'm going to check the grapevine today... I might have a location for this event if needed. I'll pm you when I hear back from my source.

imxlr8ed
2010.01.06, 12:19 PM
Source appears to be very correct... you've got PM! :D

Mike Keely
2010.01.06, 07:39 PM
Ed has a hobby shop that is willing to hold the race with Ed supplying the track and lap counting system. The facility is the Mushroom Bowl. All we would need to do is bring our equipment and cars. The track is about a hour and a half from DC. Twenty minutes west of Philly, PA.

The question that I have is, are you guys willing to travel up to PA to run the enduro race? I have no problem having it up at their track. Ed and Larry have came down here so I would be glad to go to his track.

JeremyC
2010.01.06, 07:50 PM
Ed has a hobby shop that is willing to hold the race with Ed supplying the track and lap counting system. The facility is the Mushroom Bowl. All we would need to do is bring our equipment and cars. The track is about a hour and a half from DC. Twenty minutes west of Philly, PA.

The question that I have is, are you guys willing to travel up to PA to run the enduro race? I have no problem having it up at their track. Ed and Larry have came down here so I would be glad to go to his track.

Mike,

Philli is only a 2 hour drive from NYC; I'll bet a few of the NY drivers would consider it. I know I would.

-Jer

Mike Keely
2010.01.06, 07:55 PM
Ed, you are not wanting to do the Reflex rules are you?

arch2b
2010.01.06, 09:40 PM
i've raced there before with the pa guys so i'm up for the trip :) it's not a bad trip.

imxlr8ed
2010.01.07, 10:23 AM
Ed, you are not wanting to do the Reflex rules are you?

The Reflex Enduro theme is cool but I'm thinking that this one should just be back to basics, same as the previous ones. I wouldn't want to do much more tech than PN 70turn motors (would be great if they were handouts), 4AAA NIMH batteries, Kyosho chassis and Autoscale bodies.

The Spec bodies were a great idea a while back but I think this race should be as easy to attend as possible... minimize effort, maximize fun! just 4 (or more) hours of racing insanity!

arch2b
2010.01.07, 12:39 PM
i'm inclined to agree with Ed, for reference, HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27821) is the post for the abandoned 2009 dc endurance race. i'd prefer not to get into why it was canceled so lets not worry about that.

if you guys still want a spec body and a march date, i can still swing sponsored autoscales.;) i don't have any pull in the motor department:( but i agree, a hand out motor would be a nice attempt to keep it somewhat even tempered for everyone.

heck, if you want to revive the dc endurance race event, i'm all for that as well. location is where it is meaning it doesn't have to be in one spot all the time. i can easily copy some posts, edit some info and get it up before the weekend.

curious, but how does the heat work at the mushroom bowl? there wasn't any air conditioning to speak of the last event i attended there in the summer. march could be warm or snow, it's a crazy month in our region.

Mike Keely
2010.01.07, 08:03 PM
The Reflex Enduro theme is cool but I'm thinking that this one should just be back to basics, same as the previous ones. I wouldn't want to do much more tech than PN 70turn motors (would be great if they were handouts), 4AAA NIMH batteries, Kyosho chassis and Autoscale bodies.

The Spec bodies were a great idea a while back but I think this race should be as easy to attend as possible... minimize effort, maximize fun! just 4 (or more) hours of racing insanity!

Glad to hear that. Not sure I want to do any more then 4 hours!

Mike Keely
2010.01.07, 08:08 PM
i've raced there before with the pa guys so i'm up for the trip :) it's not a bad trip.I would like to do it on Sat. March the 13th. Ray was going to see if he can switch the March HFAY race at HobbyWorks to another weekend.

It sounds like we have the makings for 4 teams so far. Not really hearing to much from anyone else. Ed, how many teams do you think you will get from up in PA?

imxlr8ed
2010.01.08, 10:07 AM
Arch... There is heat at the Bowl... it's the radiant ceiling type. Stays plenty warm in the winter. As far as bodies go... that's up to you guys, I'm just helping with location, promotion and track gear. :D

Mike... I will let Tory know the date you have mentioned (the 13th of March), I will be stopping down to the Bowl to go over some details tonight. I'll PM you tonight then. As far as teams go, if we go in pairs... I'm sure we can get at least 4 from my crew, but it sure sounds like there will be Bowl guys willing to get on board with this race as well.

chad508
2010.01.08, 10:16 AM
ive spoke with others from myrtle beach and we may have 3-4 people looking to attend.

Mike Keely
2010.01.08, 03:49 PM
Sounds like we have ten teams already then. I would think that we may end up with enough people to need 3 people per team.

I think we need to have a cut off of ten teams.

These are the teams that I can think of now

1) myself
2) Matt
3) Ed
4) Gary Thomas
5) Myrtle Beach
6) Most likely a mushroom bowl team

Mike Keely
2010.01.08, 06:37 PM
It looks like March the 13th is going to be the race day at the Bowl in PA.

Ed, Is 40 feet x 20 feet possible for the track size? Matt wanted to know so he can start throwing out some track lay-outs for people to vote on.

imxlr8ed
2010.01.09, 12:49 PM
Ok, talked with Tory last night... he's all for it. Now... if we run a Saturday, it will have to be in the day time, and we'll have to be out of there by 5pm. (this means track torn down and all) They have their regular racing there on Saturday nights, and it is their bread and butter right now. They run 10th, 12th and Cup Cars at noght and they are actually getting a full crowd for the first time in a while!

So, a morning start should not be a big deal... when it was at NCRC, I believe we started the race around 11am the last time. We should open up around 8am, have check-in/tuning until around 11am, then run the race. It should work out fine. I will build a flyer and get an event post on here so we can follow who is coming and any other details.

The layout will be similar to layouts we have run there in the past... Larry suggests we run last year's PN Regional layout, which might be a good idea... but we can go bigger. Here's what we had at our last regional there, about midway down on the page you'll see a pic of the track:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28906&highlight=mushroom+bowl&page=15

Because of the driver changes, there will be a pit area and we will not be using the driver's stand... but there should be plenty of room regardless.

I would like to see as many teams as possible though, no cut-off... it's an endurance race so I think the more the merrier! Besides... enduring the traffic is all part of the test, right? ;)

So... if anyone has any suggestions now, better get them on here before I start getting everything together. Oh, and it will be a 70turn, handout motor race... and they will be marked. Open electronics too... but it will be a Kyosho chassis only race, no aftermarket chassis.

arch2b
2010.01.09, 04:13 PM
yes or no on the spec body? if yes, i need to get them asap.

morning start is actually better for me anyway. i'm more of a morning person anyway.

make sure the track has a pull off lane for pit work like last time. we do not want cars coming off and going on in traffic lanes.:eek:

ideas for qualifying for pole position?

Mike Keely
2010.01.09, 09:41 PM
Not a problem starting the race at 11. Do you think that you will have the track set-up on friday night?

I think that 10 cars is enough. Any more then that and the race will not be worth running for me. You will have people crashing you every lap. If they have more then ten cars count me out.

My vote is no spec body.

arch2b
2010.01.09, 09:49 PM
none it is :)

if its a huge track, the potential for traffic jams is reduced. if i recall, we had nearly ten the last time and it wasn't a problem at all.

Mike Keely
2010.01.09, 10:23 PM
none it is :)

if its a huge track, the potential for traffic jams is reduced. if i recall, we had nearly ten the last time and it wasn't a problem at all.
So why make it a problem? Lets keep it at ten teams.

arch2b
2010.01.09, 11:48 PM
just relaying from past experience, it is whatever you decide. i'm a participant in this one :)

i don't think we will get past 10 anyway.

Mike Keely
2010.01.10, 04:34 PM
Do you guys want hard pan car bodies to be allowed?

Tory said that it will be $10 per person that races. I guess the cost of the motor also per team.

Does Tory sell any parts for Mini-Z's?

imxlr8ed
2010.01.11, 12:09 PM
Do you guys want hard pan car bodies to be allowed?

Tory said that it will be $10 per person that races. I guess the cost of the motor also per team.

Does Tory sell any parts for Mini-Z's?

We'll sort out pricing later... I'm thinking $20 per team is good, should work out better. I would not allow Pan car bodies just because of the shovel effect... I would suggest AutoScale bodies only. It is a big track Mike... how about we say 12 teams only and we stick to that? It's going to be a for-fun event anyways... I'm used to getting bashed up at these races anyways! :D

We will definitely have a pull-off area right off of the backstretch, right now I'm just trying to figure out my current inventory of track (again :rolleyes:) before anyone can design a layout.

Mike Keely
2010.01.11, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=imxlr8ed;372321] It is a big track Mike... how about we say 12 teams only and we stick to that? It's going to be a for-fun event anyways... I'm used to getting bashed up at these races [QUOTE]

I am trying to help make it that everyone has fun. I know if I am getting bashed up every three laps for two hours it might not be a lot of fun.

It is not just my race. I wanted everyone's input. I don't want to be the only one to decide all the rules. If 12 teams is the most that we will have I will be there.

lfisminiz
2010.01.11, 10:07 PM
Not sure 100% if ill make it (ill try) but since its a big track.....there can be more 3 tile areas for xtra room. Im thinking a fun/challenging track for this type of race would be better than a real tight/technical. I think the PN "world" track in Spain looked fast, wide and open.

JeremyC
2010.01.11, 11:25 PM
Not sure 100% if ill make it (ill try) but since its a big track.....there can be more 3 tile areas for xtra room. Im thinking a fun/challenging track for this type of race would be better than a real tight/technical. I think the PN "world" track in Spain looked fast, wide and open.

Making the track wider in some spots will only help if people are considerate and drive off line when appropriate, and all the drivers/cars are working well. As a new guy I can relate to the fact that some of us are just trying to get around the track; let alone trying to be exactly on the racing line.

Anyway. Just my free thoughts for an event I'm not gonna attend.. (not that I don't want to, but it is too far and sounds like it is full anyway)

arch2b
2010.01.12, 09:20 AM
so long as everyone is aware accidents will happen and can accept that, i think we will all be fine. lets not forget the main goal is to have fun.

could we not also mark 'novice' cars in some manner so that you can easily recognize them going around the track? i've seen some races where novice cars have stickers on the bumpers. maybe a yellow dot on the roof or something for the cars are the back of the pole positions? it might make it easier to notice novice drivers and provide an appropriate distance or awareness in overtaking them.

imxlr8ed
2010.01.13, 10:47 AM
I will have the flyer and new event thread up this weekend. It should be by Sunday evening. Once I get that posted... whatever spots are left are first come, first served. Here's what we have so far, if anyone sees a problem... post about it:

Saturday March,13th 2010

12 cars maximum, minimum 2 drivers per car.

70 turn handout motors. (no mods allowed other than break-in and fluids)

Kyosho chassis, ESC and Autoscale bodies only. (I suggest a tough racer body, and an alloy front clip!)

4 NIMH AAA cells. (no lipos, or miniature nuclear reactors)

Entry fee will be $20 per car.

Track will open at 8am for test and tune, deadline for entry will be 10:30am, race will start at 11am.

Layout will be as large as Larry and I can go with what we have as far as track inventory, there will be a pull-off/pit area.

Plenty of pit space is available at the Bowl, but getting there earlier gets you a seat closer to the track area. I am not opposed to allowing tables for chargers in the track area, but all wrenching will be done in the pits.

imxlr8ed
2010.01.13, 10:52 AM
;)so long as everyone is aware accidents will happen and can accept that, i think we will all be fine. lets not forget the main goal is to have fun.

could we not also mark 'novice' cars in some manner so that you can easily recognize them going around the track? i've seen some races where novice cars have stickers on the bumpers. maybe a yellow dot on the roof or something for the cars are the back of the pole positions? it might make it easier to notice novice drivers and provide an appropriate distance or awareness in overtaking them.

Can I get Larry an "I'm with stupid" decal for his car? :D

I think after the first hour, we'll all be pretty familiar with each others driving habits. It's a 4 hour race... I think if a team is good enough, it will not matter what kind of bashing takes place.

arch2b
2010.01.13, 01:05 PM
true but with possibly with 12 cars zipping around, it would be to the better drivers advantage to be able to quickly spot a novice team to give them more space vs. expecting them to let them pass cleanly. that just doesn't happen all the time.

don't forget to email mike lee for the event coordination calendar:p

mleemor60
2010.01.13, 02:49 PM
I have added the date to the event calendar. Date is officially blocked for you. Don't forget to check out the additional items listed for banners and galleries that are available in the event's thread.

Mike Keely
2010.01.13, 10:27 PM
I will have the flyer and new event thread up this weekend. It should be by Sunday evening. Once I get that posted... whatever spots are left are first come, first served. Here's what we have so far, if anyone sees a problem... post about it:

Saturday March,13th 2010

12 cars maximum, minimum 2 drivers per car.

70 turn handout motors. (no mods allowed other than break-in and fluids)

Kyosho chassis, ESC and Autoscale bodies only. (I suggest a tough racer body, and an alloy front clip!)

4 NIMH AAA cells. (no lipos, or miniature nuclear reactors)

Entry fee will be $20 per car.

Track will open at 8am for test and tune, deadline for entry will be 10:30am, race will start at 11am.

Layout will be as large as Larry and I can go with what we have as far as track inventory, there will be a pull-off/pit area.

Plenty of pit space is available at the Bowl, but getting there earlier gets you a seat closer to the track area. I am not opposed to allowing tables for chargers in the track area, but all wrenching will be done in the pits.

Can we change batteries at track side?

imxlr8ed
2010.01.14, 11:08 AM
Can we change batteries at track side?

Yep, that's the way we've been doing it. Kinda tough with just two drivers though... I know once I got the cells out, I had to get the controller and head back up to the driver's area while Gasman put the cells in... prolly easier with 3 on a team. (also helps not to fry boards in the race as well! :rolleyes:)

imxlr8ed
2010.01.14, 11:13 AM
I have added the date to the event calendar. Date is officially blocked for you. Don't forget to check out the additional items listed for banners and galleries that are available in the event's thread.

Thanks... I've never messed with that before but I should have time this weekend.

VAzRACER
2010.01.14, 03:02 PM
Yep, that's the way we've been doing it. Kinda tough with just two drivers though... I know once I got the cells out, I had to get the controller and head back up to the driver's area while Gasman put the cells in... prolly easier with 3 on a team. (also helps not to fry boards in the race as well! :rolleyes:)

What we did in Myrtle Beach was take the car back to your pit space to change the cells. This helps keep pit lane clear and it makes no difference if you have two of three team mates.

Once you stop in the pits your teamate pics your car up and then the driver can leave the stand, meet at your pit spot and change the batteries. It was very simple am effective plus like I said it makes it even for every team no matter the number of people.

What do you guys think?

Mike Keely
2010.01.14, 06:13 PM
What we did in Myrtle Beach was take the car back to your pit space to change the cells. This helps keep pit lane clear and it makes no difference if you have two of three team mates.

Once you stop in the pits your teamate pics your car up and then the driver can leave the stand, meet at your pit spot and change the batteries. It was very simple am effective plus like I said it makes it even for every team no matter the number of people.

What do you guys think?If there is a possibility of some pits being a good bit farther away from the track it could make a differance.

imxlr8ed
2010.01.14, 06:16 PM
I kinda like the changes trackside... adds to the excitement IMO.

Mike Keely
2010.01.14, 08:18 PM
I like the thought of the changes trackside. Now do we have to do a driver change at each battery change?

imxlr8ed
2010.01.15, 09:39 AM
I like the thought of the changes trackside. Now do we have to do a driver change at each battery change?

That's up to the teams... but one driver can not run the whole race. Each driver per team must log at minimum, a half hour of track time each. I was going to just announce this in the drivers meeting but it doesn't hurt to mention it here.

We will not be using the driver's stand there either, we can't have drivers stepping in front of others view so everyone will be at floor level.

Mike Keely
2010.01.17, 10:25 AM
What scoring tags will they be using, Core or Flip Side? Can you run 12 cars on the Core system?

imxlr8ed
2010.01.17, 01:03 PM
Core is what we have been using for these... I know it's ever given us a problem for our smaller enduros. I think it'll count for 12 cars easy (it has in the past)... not sure of the maximum capacity of the program for the amount of drivers though.

arch2b
2010.01.17, 02:42 PM
in my experience, you can scan as many cars as you can physically see on the screen. i've always run out of screen space before drives.

Mike Keely
2010.01.17, 09:58 PM
I guess you can change the apperance of the screen and make everything smaller to get everyone on the sdreen.

I like how Flip Side will call out the leaders and the laps. I have extra tags that work for Flip Side.

arch2b
2010.01.17, 10:05 PM
with some planning and organization, i would prefer to use flipside as well. the call out stats are just so far superior to core. you have fastest lap, lead change, etc. all of which make this much nicer experience. we can easily order generic transponders if needed due to cheap costs. we can use core transponders as well.

imxlr8ed
2010.01.18, 01:53 PM
I've already decided that I will not be racing for this event, so I plan to run the Core, announce and do all the usual event management stuff! :rolleyes:

Now... because this is limited to 12 teams only, I wan't to know who is going to attend, I want to leave one or two spots open for the Bowl regulars if they choose to run (which it sounds like some will so far.)

So... I know for sure there is one PA team, I will start a preliminary list here for the dedicated people who are watching this thread, then when I start the event thread... I will carry these teams over and list how many spots are left open.

1. Team PA (Larry, Gasman, Enzok)
2. Team Bowl (undetermined)
3. Team S. MD (Mike K, Saint)
4. Team Remnant (Pappa Bear, Gary Jr, Gary B)
5. OPEN
6. OPEN
7. OPEN
8. OPEN
9. OPEN
10. OPEN
11. OPEN
12. OPEN

Please post your team and all participants in that team if you are going to attend. Like I said, this is a preliminary driver's list... it will be carried over to the next thread.

Mike Keely
2010.01.18, 10:38 PM
Team S. MD ( Mike K, Saint)
Team Remnant (Pappa Bear, Gary Jr, Gary B)

Mike Keely
2010.01.18, 10:47 PM
Is $20 a team covering the cost of the motors also? This sounds cheap if it is including the motor? I have no issue with adding another $10 for the cost of a motor.

Mike Keely
2010.01.31, 02:58 PM
Ed, have you heard of any other teams joining the race?

I think Matt and Jeremy where going in as a team.

imxlr8ed
2010.02.01, 09:31 AM
Been the classic slacker lately... I have to get the new thread posted on here tonight. I haven't heard from Matt or Jeremy yet but I'm sure we will.

Sorry for the delay on the event thread... been busy with all kinds of things lately but I do plan to get the actual event thread on here tonight.

lfisminiz
2010.02.01, 10:19 PM
Hey Ed........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p;).

imxlr8ed
2010.02.02, 11:13 AM
You know what's up... I'll get it done, I have it started at least!

lfisminiz
2010.02.02, 04:32 PM
:confused::confused::eek::rolleyes:;)............. ...........

TALLGEESE
2010.02.02, 05:45 PM
Just so Mike and Ed know, me and Matt are planning on going in together as teammates for this event. Hope this helps...

Mike Keely
2010.02.17, 09:21 PM
I do not see anything on the Bowls website about the race. It is just under a month away. Is there any word of any other teams?

lfisminiz
2010.02.17, 09:31 PM
Mike, Ed said no one else enquired yet. If no more, i may drop it and go to Actions winternationals instead. Ill have to decide in the next few days.

chad508
2010.02.17, 09:36 PM
unfortunately myrtle beach's team have dropped out. i tried to make it work but can't make it that far north at this time. wish it was closer in area our a little latter in the month. maybe next time

Mike Keely
2010.02.17, 10:45 PM
Mike, Ed said no one else enquired yet. If no more, i may drop it and go to Actions winternationals instead. Ill have to decide in the next few days.

Where the other guys in your team still in?

Mike Keely
2010.02.17, 10:49 PM
unfortunately myrtle beach's team have dropped out. i tried to make it work but can't make it that far north at this time. wish it was closer in area our a little latter in the month. maybe next time

I could most likely do it at my work in DC again. Matt would need to bring the track I guess. Lets see what everyone thinks.

lfisminiz
2010.02.18, 04:36 PM
Mike, i assume the other guys are doing it. I dont get to see them. Racing around here is dead. Thats why, since i only get to race bigger event (PN, NCRC, HFAY, etc..), i try to pick the best bang for my buck. I need to decide soon, Action is next Saturday. Doesnt mean i wont do Endurance race instead. Just dont see enough interest.:)

arch2b
2010.02.18, 05:12 PM
i have hfay for dc and as the offical task master, i need to be there to crack the whip :p i don't think everyone would appreciate me teaming up with my son either. that would make for some terse comments and evil stares.

Mike Keely
2010.02.18, 06:22 PM
Mike, i assume the other guys are doing it. I dont get to see them. Racing around here is dead. Thats why, since i only get to race bigger event (PN, NCRC, HFAY, etc..), i try to pick the best bang for my buck. I need to decide soon, Action is next Saturday. Doesnt mean i wont do Endurance race instead. Just dont see enough interest.:)

If you don't come will Ed still have enough track and be able to put this race on?

lfisminiz
2010.02.18, 07:32 PM
Eds, going to make a decission to have it at all...depending on interest. If he does have it, if he needs track from me, he has some of it and is welcome to borrow more, if needed.

Scrapper
2010.02.18, 08:02 PM
hey if i can get someone else to go with me and my dad says okay im game

imxlr8ed
2010.02.19, 11:56 AM
I pmed you yesterday Mike... let me know what you think.

Mike Keely
2010.02.19, 09:10 PM
I pmed you yesterday Mike... let me know what you think.
I sent you a PM back just now. MK

imxlr8ed
2010.02.25, 01:59 AM
Uhp Welp...

Cancelled the race at the Bowl, seems like the DC area has more interest in endurance racing! I'm still game for racing this so let me know a time and place then!

arch2b
2010.02.25, 12:50 PM
mike,
i assume we will move forward with scheduling this at frederick hobby town?

Mike Keely
2010.02.25, 07:48 PM
We can have it at my work in DC again or at HobbyTown USA in Frederick MD. What works best for everyone? If it is at my work in DC we have all day. If we do it at HobbyTown we have from 2-8 PM. At HT I think we could at least do a 3 hour race min, 4 hour if everyone gets there on time and we get set up quickly.

I would like to do the race at HT in MD so some of the guys that are there for their regular Sat. race can see these cars run and try to get more people into the Mini-Z racing.

I am going to run down at Awsome this week end. I hope we can get some of the guys there to make up at least one more team besides VaRacer. Please put on here where you want the race to be held and if you want to be a part of a team.

Arch, do you think we should put this on the events section or will we get more from this thread?

arch2b
2010.02.25, 08:12 PM
it's still a local event at this point so better off here.

anyone hear from rene? i was going to ask him to team up as he's at a similar pace i am.

VAzRACER
2010.02.25, 08:26 PM
I'm fine with either location but it would be nice to have it at your work since we would have all day. Its nice when you dont have to be rushed IMO. It would also allow to do the 4 hours no matter what.

Mike Keely
2010.02.26, 12:11 AM
Arch, would you like to have it at HT in MD or in DC?

arch2b
2010.02.26, 08:22 AM
both are the same distance from me so either is fine. upside to ht usa is i could steal some dnano track time there.

Mike Keely
2010.02.26, 04:00 PM
Ed, are you willing to come down to my work again in DC?

Mike Keely
2010.02.27, 11:47 PM
Looks like we are going to have the race at my work again. The address is 750 First Street NE. Wash, DC 20002.

imxlr8ed
2010.03.01, 12:05 AM
No problem on the travel... should be able to make it down. I'm not sure if Larry's gonna make it though but I'm more than willing to hop in on a team (if a team can tolerate me for a few hours ;))

Mike Keely
2010.03.01, 05:08 PM
Talk to Matt. He might be going solo.

Arch, did you ever get in touch with Rene. I think Jeremy said he might have his number.

arch2b
2010.03.01, 05:30 PM
no, i never did. if anyone knows how to reach him let me know.

anyone heard from igor? this would be a great opportunity for him to get long distance racing experience.

imxlr8ed
2010.03.02, 11:37 AM
Are you guys still pushing this event for the 13th? The Action race was pushed back to the 13th due to the snow... I'm already signed up for that one.

arch2b
2010.03.02, 11:48 AM
i've already changed our hfay date from 13th to the 20th. i'm not sure how easy it would be ti switch back :( i don't mind doing it but i can't keep a schedule coordinated and expect any real turnout if dates keep changing all the time.

Mike Keely
2010.03.02, 07:19 PM
Are you guys still pushing this event for the 13th? The Action race was pushed back to the 13th due to the snow... I'm already signed up for that one.

Yes, This is the only day that some of the guys can do it.

LeProf
2010.03.02, 07:37 PM
Arch,

Rene here...
Just catching up with the latest posts... I would be more than happy to team up with you ... same pace, same attitude, although we won't be a podium threat.

So, when is it??? I can go on the 13 or 20th.

rene.

imxlr8ed
2010.03.03, 10:34 AM
I guess I'll head down some other time... I'm going to the action race. I'll miss you guys though! :( :D

I'm still going to try to get something going at the Bowl, but I think it's going to be a few months yet.

Mike Keely
2010.03.03, 06:25 PM
Arch,

Rene here...
Just catching up with the latest posts... I would be more than happy to team up with you ... same pace, same attitude, although we won't be a podium threat.

So, when is it??? I can go on the 13 or 20th.

rene.
Hi Rene, Same place we had the big track event. 750 First Street NE Wash. DC 20002. 9th floor conference room. The race will be held on the 13 of March. I would think that we will get there at 9 AM and may have the track set up a little after 10. Maybe start the race at 1 PM and end at 5 PM. Sounds like we have 5 teams so far.

Mike Keely
2010.03.05, 09:38 PM
Looks like we have 5 teams of two coming to the race next week. Looking forward to the race.

Action B
2010.03.07, 01:13 AM
Hey guys, Maya and I are considering this event.

What is the parking situation like?

Does $20 include a handout motor or are they a seperate fee?

Thank you. - Brandon

Mike Keely
2010.03.07, 07:35 PM
Hey guys, Maya and I are considering this event.

What is the parking situation like?

Does $20 include a handout motor or are they a seperate fee?

Thank you. - Brandon

It will not be a hand out motor race. Everyone must bring a stock 70 turn motor to run in your car. No fee to race and free parking.

We will be racing in a commercial office building in Wash DC next to Union Station. This is the name you will see on the front of the building.

American Psychological Association
750 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002-4242

We will be racing in the nineth floor conferance room. I parked everyone at the loading dock the last race we had. It has a garage door that closes to keep all your stuff safe. It is not in a bad part of town.

Skv012a
2010.03.08, 01:13 AM
Brandon JUST mentioned this thing and I think I'm in guys. Having something to do between friday and saturday nights would be great.

Mike Keely
2010.03.09, 09:32 PM
We are planning on getting there at 9 AM to set up the track. If you want to have a vote on the track lay-out please be there early. Matt will have a few lay-outs to pick from and it will come down to the most votes for any certain track is what we will run for this race. See you there. Thanks MK

arch2b
2010.03.09, 09:38 PM
not sure if anyone is still keeping a sign up but rene and i are going to be a team. if anyone wants to join up, just email me or rene.

Mike Keely
2010.03.10, 06:53 PM
As far as team this is what I have heard.

Rene and Arch
Gary Brown and Gary Jr.
Matt and Jeremy
Saint and Myself
Brandon and his daughter
Ian and Bill ??
Igor and ??

I know that they are calling for showers tomorrow, Fri, and Sat at Awsome RC so we may get some more people. It was suppose to be their season opener.

arch2b
2010.03.10, 07:13 PM
Brandon and Maya are teaming with igor. Is rob and or Christina coming?

Mike Keely
2010.03.10, 08:30 PM
Rob was going to race Nitro off-road this week end but it looks like it is going to rain but I have not heard if he will come if it rains. Matt was not sure about Bill also. It could be the same thing.

Action B
2010.03.11, 02:26 PM
I've been getting prepared for this weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgbtAm5DfKI

Mike Keely
2010.03.11, 06:58 PM
Can we get six cars on that track? LOL

Action B
2010.03.11, 07:44 PM
Can we get six cars on that track? LOL

I wouldn't count on it.

Its not much I know but its all I have to set the car up on. Its certainly going to need to be tweaked on the actual track. How big is the track we are racing on anyhow. Biggest track I have raced on was probably in Myrtle Beach last year.

Mike Keely
2010.03.11, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't count on it.

Its not much I know but its all I have to set the car up on. Its certainly going to need to be tweaked on the actual track. How big is the track we are racing on anyhow. Biggest track I have raced on was probably in Myrtle Beach last year.Not sure how big their track is but this one will be 17 tiles long X 8 tiles wide.

soyverde
2010.03.11, 09:34 PM
Looks like Bill and Rob will not be making it. I think they'll be doing HFAY time trials down at Awesome RC. With that in mind I doubt I'll be making the trip downtown this Saturday.

Action B
2010.03.11, 10:47 PM
Not sure how big their track is but this one will be 17 tiles long X 8 tiles wide.

Ah, that will be fine for me. The Nekocon track this year was 24 tiles long by 16 tiles wide.

Mike Keely
2010.03.13, 09:17 PM
Congrats to Matt and Jeremy, they are the Enduro Killers! They beat us all again. MK

Mike Keely
2010.03.13, 09:20 PM
Ian, Matt has your computer cord.

soyverde
2010.03.13, 09:28 PM
Thanks again to Mike and Gary for putting this together. I'm really glad I came down, it was a blast. I can honestly say I've never seen an endurance race where the top positions (1st/2nd, 3rd/4th) were within single digits and swapped places that often during a race. Sorry to see another 03 go up in smoke, thankfully it happened (just) before the race, and we made do with mine (small consolation to Ray, though). I think next time we'll bring a second computer and counting system.

Edit: Thanks Mike, he let me know earlier.

arch2b
2010.03.14, 12:17 AM
i kept asking myself if i should grab my laptop and or loop... next time the answer will be yes.

yeah, sucks to have my car go up in smoke literally just before the start. thank you very much ian for letting us jump right in with your chassis and put over 1000 laps on it. we were very fortunate that you had one setup for the exact same body.
i've already ordered a new chassis as it will take awhile to get the fets replaced on the other.

thank you mike for once again providing us with a great venue to race. i really enjoyed the event and for the first time, taking home a trophy.

thank rene and ian for teaming up with me. it was well worth it.

congrats to matt and jeremy for taking the lead toward the end and not letting it go.
d+g, very close race for 3rd. we were very close up until the last 20 minutes or so when you suffered sliding/spinning out. you put up a very tuff battle all the way to the end.

better luck next time igor/brandon/maya. next time use brandon's car. it was much more competitive in racing afterward. i hope the supra made it without too much damage.

Action B
2010.03.14, 12:51 AM
Thanks to Gary and Mike.

Good race guys. Hopefully next time I will be more competitive. You guys were all nice and it was a fun time. Nice trophies too!

Look forward to racing with you all again.

Mike Keely
2010.03.14, 01:32 PM
I went to set up the next HFAY track today. It is ready to race on for tomorrow nights racing.

arch2b
2010.03.21, 10:32 AM
mike, could you post up the results from core?

Mike Keely
2010.03.21, 07:08 PM
mike, could you post up the results from core?
I will need to get the results from the computer the next time I go. Not sure that I know how to post them on the site though. If need be I will get in touch and send them in a email to you. I might not get there until next Sat.

arch2b
2010.03.21, 07:56 PM
you can attach the results file which will open up in your web browser. or print to pdf and attach that.

Mike Keely
2011.11.14, 06:21 PM
Anyone interested in trying to do this again?

EMU
2011.11.15, 01:14 AM
I am :) I have been itching for an Enduro race... When would you be planning on doing it, and where?

Mike Keely
2011.11.15, 07:16 PM
I guess we will have to see how many people want to do it first. Would guys want to do teams or everyone for themselves?

arch2b
2011.11.15, 10:44 PM
The team format I used for the enduro at ncrc seemed to work very well and had a large turn out. The gist is; 3 person team, hand out motor, hand out body, hand out wheels 3 hours.

EMU
2011.11.16, 02:33 AM
I personally would prefer to use my own wheels and body :p

Something I have been interested in trying, would be to have all of the cars in the race start as a readyset/kit. And as soon as the horn goes off, the teams can open their packages and start building their cars. They can upgrade them, but cannot install preassembled parts, only new in package parts... No handwound motors, but no limit to motor choice. Obviously, durability can become an issue with hot motors, but that is a risk that teams may have to decide on... Teams should be able to modify the body or switch to a prepped body/wheelbase that they prefer...

imxlr8ed
2011.11.16, 09:19 AM
Transponder Relay Race?...

300 laps, 3 drivers per team, each driver must use the same transponder and the handoffs must occur at 25 lap intervals. (that means, taking the transponder out of one car and putting it in a new car every 25 laps) Announcer will have to be loud and on the ball ;), must announce when each team has to pull off and swap. First team to get to 300 wins... keep running until all are done.

Just one crazy idea I had in my head... the pits would be real interesting on the first 25 lap pit!

I was also thinking that each driver could run a different class of car too... first car/box stock, second car/70turn, third car/open mod. It would be interesting to see who drives what class of car (do you put your best driver in a Stock car, or is he better to invest in a Mod?)

I'm ok with a straight-up enduro though... 4-5 hours?

EMU
2011.11.16, 11:51 AM
Ive never done a true Endurance race (one car per team), I have done a transponder relay a few times at Action... It was not a set lap stint per driver, but we all used our own cars, and pit stops were about 15 seconds in the beginning, but towards the end, less than 5 seconds once they got streamlined and teams put the transponders outside of the body (Core)...

arch2b
2011.11.16, 12:54 PM
issues i forsee with that (sounds like it could be fun though)
-transponder relay will end up a velcro to the roof swap.
-less than or extra laps run when pit time called, it's never going to be an even 25 as everyone will likely be on various laps unless the race director is following each team and announcing team pit times.
-after the first team wins, what is the incentive to continue?
-with so many changes in drivers, it would be a frantic mess at the driver stand/pits.

i had wanted to try a handout car race but never could get the numbers to work without major sponsorship which i was never able to convince anyone to do. i was able to get bodies and wheels sponsored to some degree.

always know, not everyone is going to be happy. your ALWAYS going to get complaints about something or other. can't make everyone happy.:rolleyes:

the idea of class mixing is interesting as it adds a level of complexity to the team strategy. makes marshalling important to verify each team has legal class car and only gets used the allowable period of time/number of times. could be as simple as impounding them after a class swap.
it also provides ample opportunity for teams to adjust strategy to compensate for ranking during the race.

what i liked about the single car per team with set rules is it reduced the money disparity factor among the teams. i knew i had just as much of a chance as the top drivers given our cars were relatively equal provided they messed up and i didn't. i have very fond memories of ed fixing his teams car with a lighter and glue stick:p

imxlr8ed
2011.11.16, 01:21 PM
Just throwing another idea out there. Maybe 3 one hour enduros? Each driver runs 3 classes, 1 hour race for each class, then the most combined laps wins?

Like I said, a normal Team Enduro works for me... just hope I can make it down. :D

Mike Keely
2011.11.19, 09:42 AM
Not looking like much interest?

arch2b
2011.11.19, 10:21 AM
you have to remember, people in our area don't post much:p lack of posts doesn't mean lack of interest. build it and they will come:p this is the motto i lived by when i started our enduro series.

imxlr8ed
2011.11.19, 10:54 AM
I'm pretty sure Larry and Quinny will be interested in attending too, depends on the date. Would be nice to start 2012 with an Enduro event.

Mike Keely
2011.11.19, 07:22 PM
Would you guys rather it be at Mimi's or Gary's?

imxlr8ed
2011.11.20, 09:14 AM
Whatever is better for you. Not familiar with Gary's though, is that a local track or someones house? Either way is fine with me.

Mike Keely
2011.11.21, 08:14 PM
A heated garage in clinton MD, were we run our weekly show.

geeunit1014
2011.11.21, 09:37 PM
If we did a race at mimis, could we use the asphalt and do a big track? that would be awesome

arch2b
2011.11.21, 10:12 PM
Running an enduro on a monster track does up the ante :)

hrdrvr
2011.11.21, 10:30 PM
Sounds awesome to me. I'd like to see a single car two/three person team event. If it's after the holidays I will try and make arrangements to come up for it! I know I can't make it before then though ;) I'm also planning an event for January, so whoever is planning this please contact me, so we don't step on each other.

geeunit1014
2011.11.22, 11:44 PM
If it was up to me id say GT 70t, up to 4 person team and 6-8hrs. but thats just me ;)

arch2b
2011.11.23, 07:48 AM
longest we've done in this area has been 3hr so 6-8 hours sounds like a real challenge (in a good way):cool:

Mike Keely
2011.11.24, 09:55 AM
If it was up to me id say GT 70t, up to 4 person team and 6-8hrs. but thats just me ;)

That sounds good to me. Here are a few thoughts that I was thinking.

1) The race will have to be on a Sat. Does that work for everyone?

2) We will need to start the race at noon is my guess. If we get to Mimi's at 8AM and hope to have the practice start by 9:30. Is that enough time to get the track broke in or should we see about setting the track up on Friday?

3) If we start at noon and have a six hour race, will that give the out of towners enough time to drive home Sat. night or would it work out better to only make it a 4 hour race?

Nothing is set in stone so let's try to get this set so it works with hrdrvr and their crew.

Mike Keely
2011.11.24, 09:57 AM
longest we've done in this area has been 3hr so 6-8 hours sounds like a real challenge (in a good way):cool:

Was the one we did at my work 3 or 4 hours? I was thinking 4.

arch2b
2011.11.24, 11:45 AM
i thought it was 3? same as the one we did with NCRC. the longer it is, the more strategy plays into it.

geeunit1014
2011.11.24, 05:51 PM
Id be down to help set it up friday. Maybe if we could have it on a friday and sat (friday practice), it helps any long distance guys so they dont have to drive up and back on the same day. If we did that we could start the race earlier than noon I think.

I would hope for more than 4hr, that wont seem like anything to me (or Matt) after doing the 24 :eek:

ncrcracing
2011.11.28, 12:29 PM
Mike,

I see you guys are still running and setting up a Enduro. The one we hosted was a blast and to see the cars afterwards with the wear and tear was cool! Good luck with the race.

I see activity here so I figured I'd post the question. You guys still doing the ALS charity race? Maybe I missed it...

Cheers,
Russ

Mike Keely
2011.11.28, 10:11 PM
Sorry Russ, not looking like it is going to happen.

arch2b
2011.11.30, 07:59 AM
fyi, i've gone ahead and scheduled (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37325) space for this decembers HFAY BTE at hobby works if you guys are interested. hadn't seen any planning on this side this time so made backup plans.

back to enduro...

how big a track is feasible? is there such as thing as too big given the high drivers stand and viewing angle at Mimi's? i'm sure there could be a full pit lane even. i'd love to see a track with high speed sections and areas requiring technical driving just so it isn't a simple right, left, left, right type rythm. especially if it's going for hours. anyone have examples of what the 24 hour enduro's are using? those are the pinnacle of mini-z endurance events really.

geeunit1014
2011.11.30, 01:23 PM
fyi, i've gone ahead and scheduled (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37325) space for this decembers HFAY BTE at hobby works if you guys are interested. hadn't seen any planning on this side this time so made backup plans.

back to enduro...

how big a track is feasible? is there such as thing as too big given the high drivers stand and viewing angle at Mimi's? i'm sure there could be a full pit lane even. i'd love to see a track with high speed sections and areas requiring technical driving just so it isn't a simple right, left, left, right type rythm. especially if it's going for hours. anyone have examples of what the 24 hour enduro's are using? those are the pinnacle of mini-z endurance events really.

We have unlimited space essentially. The captiol challenge race we had at mimis before was like 25x15 tiles, and it was awesome :D I already have a layout drawn up, and I like it a lot. I don't want to divulge it too early, but I can say it is a little smaller than the Capitol challenge track, has a full pit lane, and has wide open sections mixed with some technical corners. It will stress repeatability more than being able to do a miracle lap (what enduros are all about :) )

mleemor60
2011.11.30, 02:30 PM
Run two classes. LM mod 102mm LM bodies and a 70T GT class 98mm and down. four drivers max. Two drivers minimum. 1 hour max stint you have to finish with the body you start with and please do through in the rain segmants. That is more fun than you can imagine. Check with HRDRVR for details or just ask Matt. He has been through it a couple of times. Five hours is plenty. You can count me in.

imxlr8ed
2011.11.30, 02:57 PM
I agree that the track that was down at Mimi's a while back would be perfect for an enduro... that thing was huge! Bigger the better for enduros, it becomes more about driver endurance as opposed to crash endurance.

geeunit1014
2011.12.01, 12:26 PM
Run two classes. LM mod 102mm LM bodies and a 70T GT class 98mm and down. four drivers max. Two drivers minimum. 1 hour max stint you have to finish with the body you start with and please do through in the rain segmants. That is more fun than you can imagine. Check with HRDRVR for details or just ask Matt. He has been through it a couple of times. Five hours is plenty. You can count me in.

Most of that stuff, except im thinking just one class (GT 70t). Why? 1: Everyone everywhere runs GT. Makes it easy for us, or you guys, or the Majs crowd or anyone who wants to put a team together. 2: More competition if everyone is running the same class. 2 classes with 8 & 5 cars respectively is kinda boring. 1 class with 13 is much more interesting. 3: Even though this track is big for a Mini Z track, its still relatively small (racing space wise), and having to dodge slower class cars (or the faster class cars coming at you) takes away from the race I think. Its also easier for one to manage a 70t car for long lengths of time.

I also think the longer the better for the race (more strategy). 4hrs goes by pretty quick. I mean, if were all gonna be bonkers and run an endurance event, may as well go all out and go for as long as possible, right? haha

I agree that the track that was down at Mimi's a while back would be perfect for an enduro... that thing was huge! Bigger the better for enduros, it becomes more about driver endurance as opposed to crash endurance.

Exactly. The layout I drew up kinda reminds me of the way the 24hr of Jackson layout was. You gotta hit your marks, but its not ridiculous (and lots of WOT :D). Many good spots for passing, and should provide good racing.

arch2b
2011.12.01, 01:55 PM
my thoughts to ed. i get enough of the quick rhythm tracks with HFAY. if your going to drive for an hour, lets not go nascar style or large, expansive wide open track. i'm confident gee will pull out something really good.

running multiple classes, while realistic and true to form, just isn't going to happen with mini-z where there are to many cries of foul and temper flares with wrecks which would be aplenty. i partially blame this on the average racer concerned more about speed than control but thats discussion for another day.:p

truly long endurance races seem to be hard to pull off in the states for some reason. the annual EU 24hr event for example makes events run here pale in comparison. we've done 1-3 hour events aplenty. i vote for 4-6 for what it's worth.

i myself have never participated in an event that required lighting and or changes in track surface and would be very interested in doing so. it's a lot more to manage however and i'm not the one doing so:o

Mike Keely
2011.12.01, 05:20 PM
I am fine with setting a date but Landon was going to get back to me after he looks at his schedule. That was Sat. when I talked to him.

ncrcracing
2011.12.08, 10:17 PM
Sorry Russ, not looking like it is going to happen.

Bummer.

I want to come by and see the enduro so I'll keep an eye on whats going on.

Wish all of you well and a great holiday season.

Cheers,
Russ

Skv012a
2011.12.09, 12:10 AM
Agree w/ Gee and I'd love to have another one of these events here. Definitely wont f$%& up this time around.

hrdrvr
2011.12.09, 10:41 AM
Keely, Check your PMs. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you.

tr1kstanc3
2011.12.12, 10:38 PM
Seth and I would run as a team. We are both interested. My personal feeling is GT body and PN 70t would be the most popular since everyone I race with so far has a car setup for this class.

4-6 hrs sounds right.

Do we want to run a spec tire/wheel combo or just use whatever you have? It would be interesting if we had a set limit of tires to use.

Mike Keely
2011.12.15, 05:40 PM
I would like to make it on the 14th of Jan. Does that work for everyone???

arch2b
2011.12.15, 06:01 PM
i won't be able to make that date, our club calendar has already been set for 2012 and HFAY s13 starts that day for us.

Mike Keely
2011.12.15, 06:14 PM
Then I guess the 28th??? If that does not work we will need to go into Feb.

arch2b
2011.12.15, 08:14 PM
see what others say... i wouldn't move it just because HW will have HFAY. worse case scenario we just take the drop for the month. may have to if most would prefer the enduro anyway:p

geeunit1014
2011.12.15, 11:18 PM
see what others say... i wouldn't move it just because HW will have HFAY. worse case scenario we just take the drop for the month. may have to if most would prefer the enduro anyway:p

The 14th date is a little better for me as I can help set up all day friday. The 28th im back in school on fridays, but Id still make the race date saturday no problem

Skv012a
2011.12.16, 04:36 AM
14th gonna be a sat, right? I could do either one and prolly help setup too if that'll be on friday prior.

tr1kstanc3
2011.12.16, 09:50 AM
I'm good for the 14th.

imxlr8ed
2011.12.16, 09:55 AM
I'll be freezing in Wisconsin 12th to the 21st. :(

Fisherman
2011.12.17, 12:59 PM
We are ready to race anytime.

Mike Keely
2011.12.24, 07:26 PM
I am thinking the 28th. I really don't want to mess up HobbyWorks race day. I am waiting to hear back from Mimi to see if the 28th works for her.

hrdrvr
2011.12.26, 03:55 PM
Dang, I know I talked to Mike and told him that I didn't know when we were going to do out event, but based on you guys going for the 14th, I started talking up the 28th for our event. I know you guys are more shooting for a local event. I was just hoping it would work out where some of you guys could come down for our race on the 28th. Matt is the only one who makes a real effort to get down on a regular basis, but the Thomas crew has been talking about coming down for one of ours for a while now.

Either way, good luck to y'all whenever you do it. I can't wait to see pics and results.

Mike Keely
2011.12.28, 07:46 PM
Looks like we are going to have to move our race in MD to the 18th of Feb. Here are the rules that we where thinking for the enduro race.

Mini Z enduro rules:
1) There will be 1 class of cars: GT70t. This is to keep things simple, maximize competition and on track battles, and so teams donít have to worry about accidents with cars that are much faster or slower since Mini Z tracks are relatively tight.
2) PNWC Rules apply (aside for any 70t motor). That means 175g, 45mm wing height, etc.
3) The body that starts the race must finish the race. Aside from that, every other part may be replaced due to wear or breakage (OK to change wing due to crash damage)
4) Max 4 drivers per team. However you want to divvy up the hours is up to each team (Each driver must drive at least once)
5) All cars being serviced must exit and enter the track via pit lane. The only exception is in which a catastrophic failure occurs on the track, and a marshal must remove the car (You must still re-enter via pit lane). Only battery and tire changes may be performed alongside pit lane, all other changes/repairs must be done back in your pit space (to minimize human congestion along the pits)
6) Please respect the sanctity of pit lane; No full speed on pit lane, watch for cars on pit in/out, etc
7) Starting grid order will be determined by a 15 minute hot lap session (Hot lap = TQ, so on). After the hot lap session, the track will be CLOSED, and the race will start 30 minutes later.

If you have any questions please post them here. Thanks MK

chad508
2011.12.28, 10:10 PM
looks good mike. but i didnt see how long the race was.

EMU
2011.12.28, 10:26 PM
In the post title, it states 6 hours ;)

I like the simplicity in the rules.

Is there a minimum amount of members per team?

geeunit1014
2011.12.28, 10:26 PM
looks good mike. but i didnt see how long the race was.

6 hours (He put that in the title of the post)

chad508
2011.12.28, 11:09 PM
Dang don't everyone gang up on me at the same time. :) I don't know how I missed it. Im going to talk it over with my crew to see what we can come up with. Hopefully we can come up with at least one team.

geeunit1014
2011.12.29, 12:19 AM
In the post title, it states 6 hours ;)

I like the simplicity in the rules.

Is there a minimum amount of members per team?

No minimum. You can ironman it by yourself if you want to (just dont be mad if you have to marshal yourself, or if you have to have an IV afterwords :p)

Cant wait for this, enduros are always fun

Mike Keely
2011.12.29, 11:21 AM
Looks like we are going to have around seven teams as it looks wright now. We have teams coming from NY, MD, VA, NJ and maybe NC.

Here is the info on the track. We will be setting up the track after work on Friday and you can practice after that. On Sat. the track will open at 8AM and we will be racing by 11AM. Hopefully everyone can be on their way home by 5:30PM.

www.RCTRACK.com
The Track, Gaithersburg, MD
(301) 417-9630
mimithetrack@yahoo.com
Facebook " The Track in Gaithersburg, MD."

arch2b
2011.12.29, 11:30 AM
i need to get myself on a team...

has anyone checked with mimi on what she has stocked? i have not been there in months. she did have a decent collection of the latest atomic parts. going to need the standard tire selections i'm sure. still plenty of time for her to order.

Mike Keely
2011.12.29, 10:04 PM
Do you think anyone else will be coming from HW? Maybe Ion, Bill, and You?

arch2b
2011.12.29, 10:34 PM
i'm sure ian, bill will be a team, maybe with someone else. i'll join mike m. and whomever else he has on his team. there is still seth, rob, joe, john, rene, etc. that i hope will make teams.

vash
2011.12.30, 01:10 PM
I'm planning on running with Joe and Saint if they can make new date. should be able to help set up Friday

Mike Keely
2012.01.02, 09:34 AM
Looks like we are up to 8 teams!

TheRinger
2012.01.03, 07:25 PM
Is there a date for this race and how much will the entry fee cost? Sorry. My bad. Feb 18 th right?

tr1kstanc3
2012.01.04, 06:27 PM
I am planning on running with Seth and Saint. Good to go for Feb 18th!:)

Mike Keely
2012.01.04, 10:31 PM
I will check with Mimi. My guess is $10 a person. I will let everyone know. Thanks

vash
2012.01.25, 09:20 AM
This is still on for the 18th?

geeunit1014
2012.01.25, 11:21 AM
This is still on for the 18th?

Absolutely. We made another thread just for the race here (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37494)