PDA

View Full Version : motor pod question

4thekidz
2010.01.03, 08:04 PM
I have a MR-02rm I bought one of the porsche 962 bodies that is says needs a mr-02lm chassis. The hobby shop told me the body would fit on my chassis but it does not. What kind of motor pod and h plate do I need to make it work?

EMU
2010.01.03, 08:13 PM
You can use almost any MM mototmount. PN FMv3 or v4 may be the best options. If you were to get an LM mount, you would need to get an LM differential as well. As far as t-plate, an MM or RM t-plate will work for 102mm. An RM t-plate with a standard MM mount (not a 94mm MM mount), you would use the forward most mounting holes. An MM t-plate with the same mount, you would use the middle holes. An RM t-plate with a 94mm MM mount, you would use the middle mounting holes. An MM t-plate with the 94mm MM mount, you would use the rear holes. An RM t-plate with the 90mm MM mount, you would use the rear holes.

One big concern would be the damper setup, which is why I mentioned the PN mount. It is a little lower than a standard MM mount, and will allow better clearance of the body...

Hope the info helps

4thekidz
2010.01.03, 10:29 PM
Thanks. I've got one on the way. Another question, its my understanding that the porsche 962 body will only fit on an MR-02 chassis and not others like a MR-15 because of the battery placement. Is that correct?