PDA

View Full Version : Motor Capacitors...

Draconious
2001.12.10, 06:50 PM
What do people think about using capacitors on the motors the ones that it comes with and adding new ones...

I know nothing of how they would, should, could work...

Adding a 3rd 104 Capacitor in the center, across the motor terminals, apears to be common. Does this have to be a 104? what else could work? I managed to scavange a 104 out of a old cordless phone... it did not apear to help any ;), likely too small...

I have a lot here I could try to use...

Those that have done this, was there even any noticeable change in motor noise?

What I know:
This is supse to reduce noise that the reciever "hears" made by the motor. Thus preventing the steering from jittering while the motor is powered. But, does not help the jittery servo while car is not moving.

Cory-Z
2001.12.11, 02:42 AM
I have a 102uF capacitor between my leads right now, It seems to be enuff for my xspeed and turbo. 104 is less than 102.

U wanna add on the lowest value of capacitor u can, just to the point where u get rid of, or at least lower twitch. The more capacitors, or the more uF's u have....the less output your motor will have.

Don't quote me on this stuff...i'm not too smart =)

Draconious
2001.12.11, 04:02 AM
(im tired this post gona be funny)

so how do u read the numbers? what they mean etc?
I have some capacitors that have a 6 on them ;) low enough? ;)hehe... hmm some say use 2x the voltage but some say use less.. this confuse me now.... egad... me sleep now.