PDA

View Full Version : First anunual Tri-states CHampionship Series

Number1
2010.01.11, 10:58 AM
Hi:

Iím now speaking on behalf of NYRC raceway on the upcoming championship races.
NYRC would like to present the very first annual EAST COAST CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES. The series will consist of 6 trophy races throughout the whole year. And these races will be hosted by NYRC super raceway located in Whitestone, NY. Please check out the website, http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com for new updates.

More detail will come, but for now, please mark the calendar, on Feb.07.2010, for the first race of the serials.

Roland

pressure
2010.01.11, 11:18 AM
Im in... What classes?

arch2b
2010.01.11, 01:54 PM
6 races in one location doesn't seem to be much of an east cost inclusive series to me. more like a ny champ series. why not have 6 (1 in ny) races across the east cost and the championship race in ny? just my opinion.

Number1
2010.01.12, 11:23 AM
Im in... What classes?

Boy, you were quick to respond.:D

Check the attachment for more infomation, I'll add more as time go by.

Number1
2010.01.12, 12:24 PM
6 races in one location doesn't seem to be much of an east cost inclusive series to me. more like a ny champ series. why not have 6 (1 in ny) races across the east cost and the championship race in ny? just my opinion.

I respect your opinion and I understand your thinking.

You probably think that to call a CHAMPION SERIES a CHAMPION SERIES, it must be held in different place, otherwise, it wonít have too much representation. Then, if we have the races held in different places to really cover the east coast, which means we are going to have race held in South Carolina? Vermont? Maine? Then again, we may only have 12 people show up, and thatís not much of a representation either? Right?

That was just for argument sake, I do not have problem to change the title to something smaller like, Tri-State Championship. Itís still going to draw the same crowd anyway. In the end of the series, itís going to be, just my prediction and I could be wrong, Dave G. and Mike Hayne fighting for 2WD Championship, them plus Maj and Sai fighting for 4WD Championship. I figure, by calling it EAST COAST CHAMPION, will make them feel like they are bigger than what they really are.:eek::D

arch2b
2010.01.12, 12:59 PM
i don't mean to get persnikity over something as mundane as the title but essentially it's a NY champ series which may draw some people from the immediate region like NJ or PA, even MA.

as an east coast club (VA), i don't feel represented at all in this and i'm sure the clubs in MD, NC, SC and FL would feel the same. giving some club or person the title of east coast champ when really it's limited to a very specific region is a slight misrepresentation, to me anyway. sure, it will make someone happy as it's a nice sounding title :) i'm not suggesting you do change the title, just voicing my opinion as another east coast club. it's like calling someone a world champ having only competed in one area.

if the idea is to issue an open call to all east coast racers to compete, then again, how are they to choose which shop and event to attend if it's a series? makes sense for a single event but how do you split an open call to a selection of shops in a single area and feed them all into a champ final event?

i do like the concept and idea and i think it will be very successful for your area. fostering club interaction and competition is a very good thing and something i've been trying to do for years in my area. unfortunately, we just don't seem to have the shop support you guys are fortunate to have and are mainly a group of small clubs vs. hobby shops. i'm still hoping to at some point make a trip up north to visit some of the NY stores. i've met many people in various regional events through the years but never managed to actually get to the big apple.

Skv012a
2010.01.12, 01:25 PM
Any thoughts on possibly making this like HFAY, but with a different set of rules? Then it won't matter as long as other Eastern clubs have enough track for each race.

Number1
2010.01.13, 11:36 AM
I have to look into and fully understand how HFAY works before I can answer your question.

Number1
2010.01.15, 06:02 PM
Any thoughts on possibly making this like HFAY, but with a different set of rules? Then it won't matter as long as other Eastern clubs have enough track for each race.

It won't be an easy task, I can tell you that.

However, you did make me think about how to expand my original plan a little bit. I'm going to scale down the title to "Tri-States Championship Series" for this year.

For next year and on, I hope to be able to call it "Mid-East Coast Championship Series": If, and only if, clubs in North-East and South-East do the similar championship serie. And maybe for once in a year, top drivers from all the other series can come together for a true championship trophy race.

I't something to think about for all of us mini-z lovers; but for now, there are some updates in the attachment.

Number1
2010.01.15, 06:08 PM
The question now is how do I or can I change the title, under the event, to " First Annual Tri-States Championship Series"?

arch2b
2010.01.15, 06:14 PM
First, let me say I will be ready to join when you expand the concept. I love the idea.

I will take care of the 2nd request.

NYRC-WebAdmin
2010.01.19, 12:21 PM
Hi:

Iím now speaking on behalf of NYRC raceway on the upcoming championship races.
NYRC would like to present the very first annual EAST COAST CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES. The series will consist of 6 trophy races throughout the whole year. And these races will be hosted by NYRC super raceway located in Whitestone, NY. Please check out the website, http://www.nyrcsuperraceway.com for new updates.

More detail will come, but for now, please mark the calendar, on Feb.07.2010, for the first race of the serials.

Roland

We, at NYRC, would like to thank Roland for coming up with the Tri-States championship series.

There are a lot of thoughts being put into it. Itís going to be a lot of fun and a lot of good races. For example, with limited classes, not only we will have people who normally would not sign up for a two days event, but we will also be able run the MAIN twice, not just for the A-Main driver, not just for the B-Main drivers, but also for all the others, all the way down to the last Main.

Hope to see all of you at the trophy race, after all these trophy races are designed foe all of you and us, not just us at NYRC, in mind.

If you have any question, please feel free to PM us or Roland or post on the forum. Otherwise, sign up already!:rolleyes::D

imxlr8ed
2010.01.19, 12:34 PM
Majority of the major talent is in NYC... they race alot and it makes sense to have a series for the area!

imxlr8ed
2010.01.19, 12:35 PM
persnikity

LOL... you crack me up sometimes Ray! :D

Number1
2010.01.21, 05:42 PM
Good news for all.

It took me little effort to have bennett agreed that the championship series should go beyond NYRC. Also, thanks to Maj's, he enthusiastically accepted the offer, so we are going to have at least two races, out of the six races, that will be held at Maj's track. The second race of the series, Apr.04.2010, will be at Maj's, the other(s)'s to be decided.

lfisminiz
2010.01.21, 10:19 PM
Nice, good to hear.:)

JeremyC
2010.01.22, 11:36 AM
That is great Roland.. I think having it take place at more than one venue will make people take it more seriously; so that is awesome!

-Jer

Number1
2010.01.25, 03:11 PM
That is great Roland.. I think having it take place at more than one venue will make people take it more seriously; so that is awesome!

-Jer

Sorry for the late respond, Jeremy, I usually don't check the internet over the weekend, busy mini-zing.:p
Yes, I hope people recognize it. Even though, I came up with this plan, it's a plan for all of us, and it will need everyone's support to make it successful.

Number1
2010.01.25, 05:26 PM
Overall, Iím padding my own shoulder and agree with myself that the whole idea is pretty good, and thanks to those whom recognized it. However, the idea of this champion series came a little late; so I couldnít put the first race in January. I do want to start the series at least in February so we can have a six races series and one big get-together once every two months. I knew the Action has its Winternational on 02/27, and I want to give at least one-week space between the series and the Winternational; therefore the only dates available for Feb. will be 02/07, and 02/14. 02/14 was not considered because it is the Valentineís Day. So the only choice will have to be 02/07. Guess what? Itís the Super Bowl Sunday.

Now, we have a tough choice to make.
1): The race goes on as scheduled and expects a smaller crowd,
2): Postpone the race to mid March and reduce to a five-races series.

A decision will be made in the next couple of days.
Before that, any idea/opinion?

JuniorWKR
2010.01.26, 10:22 AM
your going to have this problem for every race you hold.... what would make you think that holding 6 races throughout the year is not going to have some kind of conflict with anyone elses race schedule... considering that between all the clubs in the area combined there are about 6 to 7 races a year...

arch2b
2010.01.26, 10:35 AM
to clarify, you have a 6 event series with a GTG every 2 months. does this mean this 6 events repeat every 2 months or that there are 6 events in the course of 1 year with a GTG every 2 months?

scheduling is always a headache, Mike has his hands full with the event calendar which takes dates from lots of sources. i don't imagine there should be anything that couldn't not be worked out. just takes some communication and willingness to compromise for the greater good :) that last part is often the hardest;)

JuniorWKR
2010.01.26, 10:41 AM
its called monopoly....

Number1
2010.01.26, 04:27 PM
I do want to start the series at least in February so we can have a six races series and one big get-together once every two months.

to clarify, you have a 6 event series with a GTG every 2 months. does this mean this 6 events repeat every 2 months or that there are 6 events in the course of 1 year with a GTG every 2 months?

Every track/club has its regular schedule and most of people will usually race at its own local track/club most of time. The only time most of people will get together will be in an occasion like PN or Atomic events or a trophy race held by local track like Majís ďGARDEN STATE SHOUTOUTĒ, NYRCís ďMINI-Z 10TH ANNIVERSARYĒ and Actionís ĒWINTERNATIONALĒ. With that being said, every leg of the championship series is a chance, for us in NJ/NY areas of ours, to get together and race. Six races throughout the year; so about every two months we have a (big) get together.

I hope this clarify.

EMU
2010.01.26, 05:36 PM
I think this is a great idea, and will get more racers to travel to other tracks, and race together. I havent raced with my Teammates, since the last big race (NYRC's Mini-Z 10th Anniversary). My biggest issue is that I dont have the time to travel to and from the tracks. Getting a ride, I go where my ride goes.

This type of event shows which clubs are more competetive at their home track, as well as when they are visiting a different track. Because there are many tracks in the area, there is a good competetive base, without having to spend a long time to go to the tracks.

Without large events, or a series like this, people will usually race only at their local track... and miss out on things at other tracks. Someone may think they are the best racer, because they win every race at their local track, but they may not even make the A main at a different track. Not necessarily because of skill, but because of different track conditions/layout/setups that are required. Every track in the area is VERY different from the others, and that is what makes racing in the Tri-State area so good. Which makes for a great championship series :)

Thank you #1 for your efforts in making this happen :D

EMU
2010.01.27, 02:26 AM
I may be out of the loop, and I am not going to try to take any sides on the subject, just want to add my view... I feel that any track can choose to run a championship race series. At Action RC, they run a championship series every 8 weeks... From what I understand, NYRC had planned to host a championship series that instead of being run every week for 8 weeks, they wanted to break them up into a series of trophy races. Attracting top competition besides the home crowd, or even getting the home crowd that are not there frequently, all at the track for each big race in the series. There is nothing holding MHS or Action, Cruizin or BK hobbies back from hosting a series of trophy races as a championship series. I think that the fact that the name is tri-state, makes it include the entire tri-state region. Which encompasses many tracks. . . The series, hosted at a single track makes it much more convenient to the local racers that the series is targeted for. It also attracts many of the more competetive racers in the region. What it also does, is reduce attendance of those traveling competetive racers to their local track...

I feel that every track in the tri-state that has capability of hosting a large trophy race should be represented in a true tri-state championship series. Clubs that dont have the space, could always host races at a mall or rented space... The reality, is that the more hosts, the more difficult it will be to have consistant attendance for each race. Some people have difficulty traveling (without a car).

You could take points from the Action RC Summer/Winternats to the series, have two big trophy races at both NYRC/MHS, etc, and have the points go to the championship series... Each track would run their own show, which would have each of the different flavors of racing that we have in this area. This helps balance the good attendance when hosting the race, with the poor attendance (if any) when an away race is in progress...

The Tri-State has some of the best racers in the country, with more tracks in a 75mile radius than anywhere I know of in the US (there are 5 that I know of). Each track has its own racing style, and I really enjoy experiencing all of them. I am very thankful to have all of these resources... I can remember back to when HKS closed, and I had nowhere to race. I quit for 6 months before I started racing at Action RC. Which was completely different than HKS. Maj eventually opened his track in NJ, which was very difficult for me to get to, and I think I made it once or twice before he got the new place. I really enjoyed the old place, it had so much intimacy. I just couldnt get there. The size of the track didnt allow for large trophy races, but the quality of racing was superb. The new track now has capability to hold trophy races, hosting the PN regional very successfully, as well as the Garden State shootout. The track is super fast, and is the highest grip of any of the tracks I have raced locally. Every track is very unique, and I hope this series consists of all of them if they wish to participate...

Number1
2010.01.27, 12:40 PM
very well said.

bermbuster
2010.01.28, 06:37 AM
the concept is a great idea but what I have seen is most Tri State racers dont travel to the other tracks. The traveling racers are basically the same 10 mini z maniacs.....
What I see is the series is really geared to a few racers not the majority....

To make it a true championship type of race each track should have its race.....Then from the winners at each track you can have an invitational race that would be held at one of the tracks (have a lottery for the venue) This way every track can be included and it does not become a monopoly.
Then the tracks will technically have teams showing up for the invitational
final. At that race team driving (blocking etc..will be penalized) and then we can crown not only a tri states champ but a track (team) champ as well.
Maybe we can even have a trophy like the Stanley Cup that can be displayed at the winners track.....

arch2b
2010.01.28, 08:50 AM
that is what i assume was going to happen, which as you pointed out is most logical as it doesn't take away from either club but adds a champion race at the end.

seems to be the easiest to implement as well. let each club run their own points series and the top drivers move on to the tri-state championship race. it's an idea that i will be looking into for our neck of the woods ;)

SaiTam
2010.01.28, 09:33 AM
If I were a track owner I would avoid using the terms: "Tri-State"; "East-Coast"; "National"; "Invitational" or "World" in my trophy race. There are people who are ticked off by these "terms" when they either not participated or for some reason they don't have enough representation in the events. (Added on 1/28/10 9:30pm) ***People in this case refer to racers who were left out even though they belong in "Tri-state", or remote part of "East Coast" or a racer who is not invited to an "Invitational" event when his friends are invited instead. These terms are imprecise and controversial.***

bermbuster
2010.01.28, 05:35 PM
At this moment, this plan is at halt, not dead. I hope things get worked out.

Roland your a smart guy and im sure you can figure something out.

My thought to get the non A mainers is to have a classes for the B C and possible D class. At the qualifier race the top 3 from each class get an entry to the Final. 5 tracks = 15 racers per class. Then each class gets 3 qualifiers and the top 10 get in for each class. No bump ups if you won the c main you stay there.... this will give the lesser drivers real competition and not racing where they cant compete....the only bad side of this is sandbagging.....if your an A main driver and you dont make the cut...
bottom 5 your out...this gives the less talented a chance to shine....
The reality could be maybe 15 dont show then possibly nobody gets cut.
Each track sends the top 3.....for each skill level.....
This would be very exciting and interesting......

JeremyC
2010.01.28, 05:54 PM
I think people are getting way too bent out of shape about this. If NYRC wants to have a race they can call it whatever they want and do whatever they want with it.

I'm disappointed.

bermbuster
2010.01.28, 06:41 PM
I think people are getting way too bent out of shape about this. If NYRC wants to have a race they can call it whatever they want and do whatever they want with it.

I'm disappointed.

Dont be.....
this is mini z mania.....racers are real passionate about what they do.....
NYRC will have races....
names... titles...bragging rights...
Its all part of the game....so dont hate the players...

I race for FUN and if I win its just icing on the cake......:cool:
My title is last place....:D

Mike Haynes
2010.01.29, 03:51 PM
Well when the dates are set il do my best to make sore races:)
This week im in Florida running come carpet:D

egonzalez
2010.01.31, 12:00 PM
Hey guys, I think that we should stop the arguing on the forum and move on to track performance and friendly club competition. The series is a good idea, but all track owners in the metro area should be involved in the decision making and divide the amount of races being held at each club evenly. To make things more completive, the final race should be held at the track that has the highest amount of racers in the A mains. No lottery, sticky based on the track performance of the local clubs racers. I think two races per club with one big final. I also understand that there are scheduling conflicts. So if you have a race already scheduled that you do every year, that race could serve a dual purpose. e.g. Action’s Halloween Classic or MHS’s Garden State Shoot Out could also serve as one of the races used for the series totals. Additionally, this would hopefully increase the turnout to the specific race. All the participants would be exposed to different track conditions, layouts etc. With open communications between the club owners this can be done, but it takes some planning. Please note this is just an Idea. What do you think?

mleemor60
2010.01.31, 12:34 PM
That is the pro active line of thinking that is needed for healthy growth of the scale.

Scrapper
2010.01.31, 02:06 PM
confusing much!!!!!

JeremyC
2010.01.31, 09:12 PM
Hey guys, I think that we should stop the arguing on the forum and move on to track performance and friendly club competition. The series is a good idea, but all track owners in the metro area should be involved in the decision making and divide the amount of races being held at each club evenly. To make things more completive, the final race should be held at the track that has the highest amount of racers in the A mains. No lottery, sticky based on the track performance of the local clubs racers. I think two races per club with one big final. I also understand that there are scheduling conflicts. So if you have a race already scheduled that you do every year, that race could serve a dual purpose. e.g. Actionís Halloween Classic or MHSís Garden State Shoot Out could also serve as one of the races used for the series totals. Additionally, this would hopefully increase the turnout to the specific race. All the participants would be exposed to different track conditions, layouts etc. With open communications between the club owners this can be done, but it takes some planning. Please note this is just an Idea. What do you think?

Cooler heads prevail.

I think it would be really cool to have an honest tri-state championship.

That is all I have to say.

Lets do this thing.

PS, can we have handout motors that aren't yellow labels. I like slower ones.

Number1
2010.02.01, 12:21 PM
Well when the dates are set il do my best to make sore races:)
This week im in Florida running come carpet:D

In Florida, again? :D Life is good, isn't it?

Thanks for the offering, we, I speak on behalf of NYRC, will take it as a raincheck.:)

Unfortunately, this thing will need a miracle for it to happen.:(

Number1
2010.02.01, 03:44 PM
Hey guys, I think that we should stop the arguing on the forum and move on to track performance and friendly club competition. The series is a good idea, but all track owners in the metro area should be involved in the decision making and divide the amount of races being held at each club evenly. To make things more completive, the final race should be held at the track that has the highest amount of racers in the A mains. No lottery, sticky based on the track performance of the local clubs racers. I think two races per club with one big final. I also understand that there are scheduling conflicts. So if you have a race already scheduled that you do every year, that race could serve a dual purpose. e.g. Actionís Halloween Classic or MHSís Garden State Shoot Out could also serve as one of the races used for the series totals. Additionally, this would hopefully increase the turnout to the specific race. All the participants would be exposed to different track conditions, layouts etc. With open communications between the club owners this can be done, but it takes some planning. Please note this is just an Idea. What do you think?

So many people nowadays are so concerned being political correct, are so sensitive and presume some may feeling hurt when you call something this and not that, some are upset because a decision is made without them being consulted. But for heavenís sake, are we forgetting we are just talking about playing toy cars.

Some may think my approach looks to be ďmonopolyĒ; but to the other of people I talked to, they are fine with it. And guess what, I didnít need to consult with any of the other people. Are they all idiots and gullible? Or are they just more open minded about it; I presented a concept, they looked at it, and they simply can choose to join or not to join, why we need to make it more complicated than that?

Edel, I donít disagree with what you suggested; it sounds great, itís a logical and more political correct approach, meaning youíll not offend any body. But it will never happen in the area of ours. Do you want to know why? There is reason(s) I call them reason X, Iíll PM you the reason X. After reading them, I challenge you to post them; and if you donít think you can handle the challenge, I need you to come here and post some thing like ď Roland, youíre right, my approach sounds great buy not likely to happenÖĒ

For argumentís sake; letís say there are no reasons X, do you know how much efforts will be needed for EVERYONE to agree upon for your ďplanĒ and when will it be ready to get rolling? Not saying your approach is wrong, or my way is better, but my plan is simple and is ready to roll; and BOTH WILL ACCOMPLISH THE SAME THING: whoever choose to join and come out to race will have a good time.

The above paragraph is just for argumentís sake; itís no longer important any more.
The sad reality is that what I refered to as ďsomething was going onĒ turned worse, a lot worse; therefore there will be no race(s). Not only that, the future trophy race of any kind in the metro area will lose its meaningfulness.

Number1
2010.02.01, 04:19 PM
I will soon reveal what happened behind the scene, and led it to become like this.

Edel, I have a PM for you.

MikeL
2010.02.01, 05:21 PM
So many people nowadays are so concerned being political correct, are so sensitive and presume some may feeling hurt when you call something this and not that, some are upset because a decision is made without them being consulted. But for heavenís sake, are we forgetting we are just talking about playing toy cars.

Some may think my approach looks to be ďmonopolyĒ; but to the other of people I talked to, they are fine with it. And guess what, I didnít need to consult with any of the other people. Are they all idiots and gullible? Or are they just more open minded about it; I presented a concept, they looked at it, and they simply can choose to join or not to join, why we need to make it more complicated than that?

Edel, I donít disagree with what you suggested; it sounds great, itís a logical and more political correct approach, meaning youíll not offend any body. But it will never happen in the area of ours. Do you want to know why? There is reason(s) I call them reason X, Iíll PM you the reason X. After reading them, I challenge you to post them; and if you donít think you can handle the challenge, I need you to come here and post some thing like ď Roland, youíre right, my approach sounds great buy not likely to happenÖĒ

For argumentís sake; letís say there are no reasons X, do you know how much efforts will be needed for EVERYONE to agree upon for your ďplanĒ and when will it be ready to get rolling? Not saying your approach is wrong, or my way is better, but my plan is simple and is ready to roll; and BOTH WILL ACCOMPLISH THE SAME THING: whoever choose to join and come out to race will have a good time.

The above paragraph is just for argumentís sake; itís no longer important any more.
The sad reality is that what I refered to as ďsomething was going onĒ turned worse, a lot worse; therefore there will be no race(s). Not only that, the future trophy race of any kind in the metro area will lose its meaningfulness.

lol, a challenge to post "reason x" I accept ;)

Number1
2010.02.01, 06:07 PM
lol, a challenge to post "reason x" I accept ;)

:D, yeh, it does look silly, Edel, forget it, you don't have to respond.:p

bermbuster
2010.02.01, 06:50 PM
Roland instead of blaming X and making excuses....make the series happen....

Lets face it you are one of the better racers and this series will benefit you.
You enjoy being challenged and this type of race series will bring out the competition.

Your biggest challenge is to get tracks/racers to commit to the series.....
How many racers from NYRC will show up to the series 4 or 5???
How many racers from the other tracks will show???
Most of the tracks have this local loyalty....whether it is because of travel constrictions, time whatever.....

I would send an open letter/invitation to all the tracks and see how much interest and commitment you can generate. Then take it from there......

egonzalez
2010.02.02, 09:04 AM
:D, yeh, it does look silly, Edel, forget it, you don't have to respond.:p

PM replied...

As far as the series is concerned, itís a dead issue to me....

Number1
2010.05.17, 12:50 PM
Finally I had a chance to talk to Maj and Junior in person the other day. Everybody still likes everybody, and all the bad comments will be left behind.

This type of point series/championship will kick off by the beginning of next year or when this winter comes. Stay tuned.

PadrinoNY
2010.05.17, 03:26 PM
Roland instead of blaming X and making excuses....make the series happen....

Lets face it you are one of the better racers and this series will benefit you.
You enjoy being challenged and this type of race series will bring out the competition.

Your biggest challenge is to get tracks/racers to commit to the series.....
How many racers from NYRC will show up to the series 4 or 5???
How many racers from the other tracks will show???
Most of the tracks have this local loyalty....whether it is because of travel constrictions, time whatever.....

I would send an open letter/invitation to all the tracks and see how much interest and commitment you can generate. Then take it from there......

I am new to this "Mini Z" thing and I'll tell you what lets get together and get it rolling..... I'm down Roland and I am pretty sure I can get 5 others to go at it with me plus the 4 or 5 that were mentioned on the above paragraph..... Just remember it's about having fun........ Thats what I do "RUN THE COURSE" ;)

kromie101
2010.07.11, 12:40 PM
this sounds cool. i wish some of the racing was down south also.say maybe myrtle beach, virgina,md-dc area and new york. spread it out so we can all meet in the middle. but i guess it's hard for peeps to travel.

it would be cool to have a yearly event like the snowbird nationals in orlando FL. they have 1/10 onroad racing with oval. just one big weekend of mini-z racing.just a thought,i'm dreaming a little bit:D.