PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find connectors that can be used with the ASF/AD-Band ICS board ports?

naesager
2010.01.12, 04:50 AM
Well,

As I have ad-band and asf boards, I would like to make my 1 (yup I've only got one), LapZ transponder fit in both these ports. My idea was just to hook up a 3 pin and a 4 pin connector to the same 2 wires on the transponder, so it will be interchangeble.

I had ordered some of these
http://www.cargel.se/shop/images/ic067.jpg
but the pins are much to large..

Hope anybody knows a shop that carries the connectors in loose weight..

Both male and female.

mk2kompressor
2010.01.12, 06:51 AM
pn racing does them,i have one for our giro-z

LED
2010.01.12, 09:19 AM
I got them per piece.
Where are you from?

Look for a thread called DIY ASF cable. The info about what type they are and where to find them is there.
Prbolem is you need to buy them in bulk :)

naesager
2010.01.12, 09:50 AM
pn racing does them,i have one for our giro-z

I need the 4 and 3 pin'ed versions, both male and female connectors.. PNR only markets 4 pin's male connectors, afaicsg

naesager
2010.01.12, 09:50 AM
I got them per piece.
Where are you from?

Look for a thread called DIY ASF cable. The info about what type they are and where to find them is there.
Prbolem is you need to buy them in bulk :)

I'm in Europe.. How much for a handfull of both male/female and 3/4 pin's connectors? :D

LED
2010.01.12, 10:10 AM
I only have the 4 pin version. Maybe its possible to cut a piece of a 4 pin to make it work on the 3 pin. Got a pic of the 3 pin connector ?
Im in Belgium, PM me your adress and ill take a look on how much shipping will be.

5 connectors and 1O pins for 2.5 euro + shipping in a regular letter envelope.

*edit* A european stamp is 1 euro.

If you pay with paypal there is an extra cost of 0.5 euro so 4 euro for 5 connectors and 10 pins.

naesager
2010.01.12, 10:35 AM
I only have the 4 pin version. Maybe its possible to cut a piece of a 4 pin to make it work on the 3 pin. Got a pic of the 3 pin connector ?
Im in Belgium, PM me your adress and ill take a look on how much shipping will be.

5 connectors and 1O pins for 2.5 euro + shipping in a regular letter envelope.

*edit* A european stamp is 1 euro.

If you pay with paypal there is an extra cost of 0.5 euro so 4 euro for 5 connectors and 10 pins.

Well, they are pretty much the same, except 4 pins for asf and 3 for adband..

From the thread http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31464 i found this picture..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dabinn/3441594954/sizes/l/

I cannot buy them from digikey, because the male connectors does not have the metal plugs or whatever, I should solder the wire to..

LED
2010.01.12, 10:46 AM
I think you can easily make a 3 pin out of a 4 pin.
What I have are the connectors like on the picture and the pins seperatly.
I also solder the wires to the pins and then slide them in.
If you use just enough solder it works fine.
At our club alot of people are using them for about 4 months now and still no problems. I use FTP cable for soldering.

Ordering from digikey is not an option because of high quantitys and shipping costs.

Shoot me a PM if you want me to send you some. Grtz