PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 iwaver

yamar6
2010.01.12, 07:00 PM
I can get 2.4 iwavers im waiting for my sample to come so i can see how it is

wildthing
2010.01.13, 07:22 PM
I got (two) mine last month... their pretty sweet... but I think I burned the FETs on the other unit when I installed a hot motor (Iwaver Pro Motor).

It just suddenly died on me after running it for about 3 minutes with the fast motor.

yamar6
2010.01.14, 06:30 PM
hows the 2.4

wildthing
2010.01.14, 10:09 PM
Great... I like the controller... it behaves like a Futaba 3PM.

The PCB was also swapable with the MR02 chassis... but the FET will not be able to handle hot motors.... I think I burned the one on my MR02 chassis when I installed an Iwaver Pro Motor in it.

Team Lotus
2010.01.31, 11:50 AM
Hi, I'm new to this forum and am interested in the 2.4ghz Iwaver.
Questions: Where did you get it?
How much was it? price + shipping
How do you like it overall?

I have heard both good and bad about Iwaver, mostly bad it seems. Many claim it is a cheap knockoff of the Mini Z and is not of good quality particularly in the electronics area, circuit board, transmitter, etc.

So, is all this true; or does the switch to 2.4ghz solve those problems/

I live in the USA and can't find them at any hobby shop so no one here knows much about them.

Looking for answers before I buy.

Action B
2010.01.31, 11:45 PM
Are the 2.4 transmitters any good? Can they be used for 2.4 Mini-Z?

wildthing
2010.02.01, 06:29 AM
I got it from China... about US$100 plus shipping.

For the price, it is good enough. Some units are lemon though :(

Since the parts are clone to miniZ MR02, I can use the aftermarket and stock kyosho parts for future upgrade/replacement ... but it might be bit more expensive.

I don't think they have agressively sold the 2.4Ghz into US market at all....last december, they say that they shipped 1500units to Germany....

It is still a clone... the only advantage I saw with them is the cheap price that would match up my need for my RC rentals... :)

Honestly, if you got the money... go for a mini Z... you would have lesser lemon problems.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am interested in the 2.4ghz Iwaver.
Questions: Where did you get it?
How much was it? price + shipping
How do you like it overall?

I have heard both good and bad about Iwaver, mostly bad it seems. Many claim it is a cheap knockoff of the Mini Z and is not of good quality particularly in the electronics area, circuit board, transmitter, etc.

So, is all this true; or does the switch to 2.4ghz solve those problems/

I live in the USA and can't find them at any hobby shop so no one here knows much about them.

Looking for answers before I buy.

wildthing
2010.02.01, 06:31 AM
the 2.4Ghz tx they have are good enough for a low price unit....

but it won't bind with a Kyosho.

Are the 2.4 transmitters any good? Can they be used for 2.4 Mini-Z?

Action B
2010.02.01, 05:21 PM
the 2.4Ghz tx they have are good enough for a low price unit....

but it won't bind with a Kyosho.
Thank you. I have no reason to purchase one then!

wildthing
2010.02.02, 08:33 PM
My order for about 20 units of 2.4Ghz Iwaver/Nanoracer 2.0 finally arrived today.

I hope to pull it out from the courier's office tomorrow morning. :)

Will update this thread with more photos and information about them.

doug01n
2010.02.03, 06:48 AM
I ordered one too....
I'm happy with my MR-03, but I'll test it and sell for my 1/10 racer friends who are interested in the mini-z world!

zenkinsw
2010.02.03, 06:49 AM
Hi,

Just wondering, is the 2.4 PCB compatible with standard RC 2.4G transmitter? or required special module? or simply the same as Mini-Z ASF?

wildthing
2010.02.03, 07:01 AM
it will work only with its own compatible transmitter :(

zenkinsw
2010.02.03, 07:12 AM
it will work only with its own compatible transmitter :(

If still in design stage, hope they will make the PCB compatible with standard 2.4G or Mini-Z ASF...

wildthing
2010.02.04, 12:01 PM
I don't think they would do that... they are currently selling their 2.4Ghz tx already ... so it would not be practical for them to copy and kyosho ASF instead.

zenkinsw
2010.02.05, 03:39 AM
Um... hope they might made it one day..

By the way, do you have any pics for the new controller and pcb?