PDA

View Full Version : adjustable offset racing wheels! sneek peek!

MantisMMA
2010.01.16, 02:11 PM
well these will be my first product developed under MantisWorx. one of my peeves is that i dont like race cars that dont look real! the problem with ASC wheels is that you cant choose the offset and the ones that look the best are always the wrong offset! so what i came up with is a 100% machined delrin 2pc wheel that alows you to adjust your offsets and they look GOOOOOOD!! some of the features that i included are:

1.the front wheels are slightly smaller so you dont have to "true" your tires down to achieve maximum grip

2.there is a "glue canal" on the outside that allows the glue to bead under the tire instead of on top of the tire

3. fronts are adjustable from -1,0,+1
4. rears are adjustable from -1,+3 in 1mm increments
5. the set uses a special tool that i designed to aid in "popping" the wheels from offset to offset
6. these are billet delrin, not molded delrin and then machined, this gives better material characteristics and keeps the matl hard
7. the concentricity of the wheels is kept to .0008" or less (this means that they are pretty much perfectly round!) your hair is about .005"

we have been testing them for weeks now and i have only had 2 instances where they moved and both were in such a collison that i could not have finished the race anyway (body got jacked crooked). i got T boned at full speed at the end of a straight. both times the wheels were not glued. so the way these are to be used is to practice with them unglued until you find what offset works for you and then glue them in from the back and you are set. now since these are delrin CA does not bond to it and you can reuse the wheels by soaking them in acetone, clean the glue off and start over! here are a couple of sneek pix, real pix will be released next week as well as pre-orders.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/70247c85.jpg

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/7631ddbe.jpg

EMU
2010.01.16, 02:22 PM
Those wheels look sick!

How much do they weigh compared to stock wheels? They look light...

Cant wait to try these out :)

mk2kompressor
2010.01.16, 03:35 PM
You know I'll take some!!

color01
2010.01.16, 04:13 PM
Looks excellent -- I'm worried about the durability of the center hub (it looks thin from the pics) but from a hobbyist's perspective, I think it's great that we're finally getting viable non-dish racing wheels.

Will they be compatible with the FPR wheel spacers? That's a must.

MantisMMA
2010.01.16, 04:31 PM
thanks guys, the wheels are 6g for the set.

i have no idea if they will work with the FPR spacers, they should but i dont find the spacers neccessary with the RR bearings

as far as them being thin , the cross section is thicker than it looks. i actually made some that had ultra thin webs just to see what would happen and they held up fine but i didnt want to send them out that way!

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/fa2f1cce.jpg

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/7bc22716.jpg

color01
2010.01.16, 05:28 PM
i have no idea if they will work with the FPR spacers, they should but i dont find the spacers neccessary with the RR bearings
The play depends on the knuckle axle rather than the bearings -- not everyone is going to have the perfect knuckle/bearing match, so please, please make them compatible with the FPR spacers. Then they'll be the perfect wheels.

Cheers Marcus. :)

Traveler
2010.01.16, 05:34 PM
Marcus! Nice work! Please tell me you will also make LM sized fronts! :D

chad508
2010.01.16, 07:25 PM
no +2 for the front? any reason not to have these? they look great and for sure will try them out.

DANR
2010.01.16, 08:42 PM
Any chance of these being made for the AWD chassis?

CristianTabush
2010.01.16, 09:13 PM
Not at the time for the AWD, but we might look into it. We never use anything over +1, so this is the reason why they have not been made this way. These are a fairly small production run, to test the market more than anything, the next batch will probably allow for a +2 and +3...

MantisMMA
2010.01.17, 12:17 AM
the front dish is flat and that limits the amount of offset. a +2 leaves alot of wheel hanging over. if i redesign the front hub it may work for a +2 but no way a +3.

Traveler the fronts slightly bigger than the LM and slightly smaller than the std size. LM tires fit well.

color01, i have no idea what the FPR spacers even look like, my thoughts on what you are trying to accomplish is to simply make a spacer that is longer than the middle part between the bearings , that way all of the pressure translates to the center of the bearings and takes the wheel out of the equation .

color01
2010.01.17, 01:33 AM
color01, i have no idea what the FPR spacers even look like, my thoughts on what you are trying to accomplish is to simply make a spacer that is longer than the middle part between the bearings , that way all of the pressure translates to the center of the bearings and takes the wheel out of the equation .
The spacer has to be *barely* longer than the distance between the bearings, or the bearings can potentially shift on the rim hub. Anyways, as long as you're keeping the bearing spacing on these wheels the same as stock Kyosho, it should be OK.

hrdrvr
2010.01.17, 12:11 PM
I think +2 should be worked in if possible. Unless a WTF is going to be out for the 03 very soon. +1 is a little narrow for the PN pancars IMO. I do run 0s on my WTF and WTF2 on my 02s.

EMU
2010.01.17, 02:24 PM
The wheel works perfect with the FPR spacer.

Marcus, that is exactly what the FPR spacer is.

These wheels spin very true, and I LOVE the smaller diameter front wheel. Works perfect with the ATM front tires :) I ran the wheels at 0mm, without glueing them into place, and had no problem with the wheels losing alignment, even in a few hits from other cars...

I personally like that these are -1/0/1mm offsets for the front. I never use a +2mm wheel. If I setup a pan car, it will be on an MR02 with WTF. I wouldnt use an MR03 for it, unless there is an extra wide A arm set.

MantisMMA
2010.01.17, 03:50 PM
its simple enough to add another groove but the hub would sit pretty far in and maybe weak. i will try it out on the next run. the WTF2 is 1.5mm per side wider so you only need 0's are +1's anyway. what about a +1.5??

Traveler my front wheels with std tires is the same diameter as the LM tires on LM wheels! so this gives you alot more tire choices for the LM car!! i will setup a dummy chassis with the wheels on a LM later today.

MantisMMA
2010.01.17, 03:57 PM
here is the tool!! i will have some polished and some anodized purple

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/76af31e7.jpg

EMU
2010.01.17, 05:05 PM
That tool looks fancy...

Traveler
2010.01.17, 07:00 PM
Can't wait to try them! Will they be on Reflex's site?

MantisMMA
2010.01.17, 07:32 PM
yup, in about a week, i think he is gonna start accepting prerders in a couple days. i only have about 20 full sets available this run but more on the way!! also thinking about making some out of grey delrin!!

EMU
2010.01.17, 09:32 PM
Any possibility to make a fixed offset wheel? Like .5mm front?

MantisMMA
2010.01.17, 10:01 PM
i may make a series in half mm offsets, fixed offset wheels are a pain because you have to make totally different designs for each offset

LED
2010.01.18, 12:37 AM
could you give some more details on how they are adjustable ?

MantisMMA
2010.01.18, 08:08 AM
thats one of the things that we are going to work on this week , its hard to explain without a video and good pix!

hold the tool in one hand
put the hub on the tool (outside down)
place the lip onto the hub and press down
the first click will be the centermost offset (-1)
now to go to the next offset you use your palm to press down on the lip with more pressure on one side and it will pop to the next offset. it takes some time to get used to it, it has to be forcefull to be durable.
now you can only go one way so if you miss your offset you need to push the hub all the way through and try again, this is one reason why a +2 on the front is going to be hard to pull off.

like i said a link to a video will be the easiest way to explain

LED
2010.01.18, 08:44 AM
I understand.
Arent you afraid that it will come loose of you do it to often ?

MantisMMA
2010.01.18, 08:53 AM
delrin does not wear, it is probably one of the toughest non metal materials around. i have been cutting delrin stuff for around 20 years!! considering that your not going to be "adjusting offsets" every 5 minutes it will be ok!! once you see how these are made in person you will better understand why!

LED
2010.01.18, 10:20 AM
OK
I'll be waiting for the pics.
But they already apeal more tome then the PN ones.

HaCo
2010.01.18, 10:39 AM
I like the look of the wheel, although they look very odd in post #5.

Pricetag?

chad508
2010.01.18, 11:11 AM
do you prefer the 6 spoke over a 5 spoke. i think with the larger spokes 5 spokes might look nicer. just a thought

MantisMMA
2010.01.18, 06:06 PM
i tried the 5 spoke and they didnt really look that good , i prefer the 6 spoke but other designs will come later. pricing will be released later this week, but they around the same price as the kyosho AL wheels.

MantisMMA
2010.01.18, 06:11 PM
on post 5 they look strange because the lip is black and the center is silver (painted), the second pic was a pair of frts that i made the thin to see if it would hold up.

i will be moving this thread to my own vendor section soon , i dont want to polute CT's section!!

B-main
2010.01.18, 06:56 PM
kick a$$ wheels mantis .cant wait to get a few sets.

MantisMMA
2010.01.18, 08:57 PM
thanx man! hope to keep makin cool stuff for everyone. i got some good ideas comin!!

CristianTabush
2010.01.22, 11:49 AM
Pictures and Pre-orders Going up tonight! Get them while they are hot off the CNC Machine!

I already have some sold, so I am sure they won't last long...

yasuji
2010.01.22, 12:26 PM
will you be making the fronts in a std size? 20 mm....if so could you use the rear hub to make it a + 3 offset front?

MantisMMA
2010.01.22, 02:10 PM
i have a few sets of std fronts that i can sell to you. the hubs are different sizes and the grooves are spaced differently from front to rear. a +3 in the front is going to cause alignment problems with the grooves and durability. next run i can make a +2 (i think). once i get through the first few initial runs i will have many options. you will be able to purchase lips alone or hubs alone, different colors (grey and white) and i have some other wheel pattern designs that look good too! this is going to be an on going deal and i may even offer one pc wheels too down the road!

Traveler
2010.01.22, 03:15 PM
I've put my order in.

Nuf said :)

CristianTabush
2010.01.23, 12:27 PM
Pre-orders are up. Product No. is MW001 just use the search bar.
http://www.reflexracing.net/prodimages/images/MW001_02.jpg
http://www.reflexracing.net/prodimages/images/MW001_001.jpg
http://www.reflexracing.net/prodimages/images/MW001_003.jpg
http://www.reflexracing.net/prodimages/images/MW001_004.jpg
http://www.reflexracing.net/prodimages/images/MW001_008.jpg

MantisMMA
2010.01.23, 01:16 PM
they are on the machine right now, should have them all ready in a few hours. only have 18sets for the first run. more to come in a couple of weeks!

LED
2010.01.23, 01:51 PM
do you have a picture of the second part? the hub ?

CristianTabush
2010.01.23, 02:09 PM
Not at the time...

Rune
2010.01.23, 05:21 PM
Ordered. Looks great.

Will they be available without the tool in the future?

MantisMMA
2010.01.23, 06:08 PM
do you have a picture of the second part? the hub ?

the middle is the second part/hub.

Rune, the wheels wiil be sold without the tool in the future but if you do not have the tool you will damage the wheel when you try to adjust offsets.

for those that ordered the wheels already and for those that plan on purchasing them it is VERY important that you glue the rear wheels from the inside once you have found your prefered offset, the front not so much but if you get hit hard in the rear without glue the wheel will move. and it is also important that you only try to adjust the wheels in the same direction , dont go fwd and then try and go the opposite way. the face of the hub goes on top of the tool and you press the lip down on to the hub. if you pass up ur offset just go all the way through and start over.

what do you guys think about this design:

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/41bcd225.jpg

i made two sets this way today just to see what it would look like!

hcw0zone
2010.01.23, 07:00 PM
Great !!!! will you be making the fronts of 17mm LM ???

MantisMMA
2010.01.23, 08:00 PM
probably not but the front rims are 19mm in dia and when you use normal tires they are the same diameter as LM rims with LM tires but you get a better selection of front tires. i will post a pic late tonight of a LM body with the wheels on it.

Rune
2010.01.23, 09:37 PM
Rune, the wheels wiil be sold without the tool in the future but if you do not have the tool you will damage the wheel when you try to adjust offsets.

Thanks. I was thinking when you need replacement wheels etc. No need for more than one tool.

MantisMMA
2010.01.24, 02:23 PM
LM tires with +3,WTF2 with +1 sml frts(0 would be better) and K radials

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/8d2c8fdb.jpg

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/52c1fd03.jpg

Traveler
2010.01.24, 02:32 PM
probably not but the front rims are 19mm in dia and when you use normal tires they are the same diameter as LM rims with LM tires but you get a better selection of front tires. i will post a pic late tonight of a LM body with the wheels on it.

Marcus, I wish you would reconsider this. Already ordered a set of your new rims, but tt our club you must run LM tires on LM cars, and maybe even LM diameter rims. I'd buy a couple of pairs of LM diameter fronts, even if they did not have spokes and were not adjustable offset. I'd even be happy with solid disk front LM size wheels in Mazda offset only (+2 I think). The problem with the K stock LM rims is they tend to break easily. I need something more sturdy.

Hope you'll consider these for those of us that like to/have to run LM diameter front wheels.

Thanks!

EMU
2010.01.24, 03:29 PM
Use Nascar wheels for front wheels, they are MUCH more durable than the LM wheels...

MantisMMA
2010.01.24, 04:35 PM
Marcus, I wish you would reconsider this. Already ordered a set of your new rims, but tt our club you must run LM tires on LM cars, and maybe even LM diameter rims. I'd buy a couple of pairs of LM diameter fronts, even if they did not have spokes and were not adjustable offset. I'd even be happy with solid disk front LM size wheels in Mazda offset only (+2 I think). The problem with the K stock LM rims is they tend to break easily. I need something more sturdy.

Hope you'll consider these for those of us that like to/have to run LM diameter front wheels.

Thanks!
only way i can do this is if you put together a group buy and can get at least 15pairs(frts) of them pre ordered. it is a completely different wheel and all parts would need to be made special. i am not tooled up to make 1pc wheels so they would still be adjustable offset and would be solid. I dont do the lathe work in house , i have another company do it for me, any less than 15 and the cost goes up too much. hope this helps you out!! PM me

MantisMMA
2010.01.24, 05:23 PM
wrong thread man!!!

arch2b
2010.01.24, 06:19 PM
wrong thread man!!!

fyi, you are the moderator for your vendor forum so you can edit, delete posts as needed :) perks of being a vendor.

dvsstrike
2010.01.24, 09:32 PM
Those Wheels are HOTT on that Mazda!!:eek:

HaCo
2010.01.25, 09:39 AM
Yep, they look awesome!

dorifto46
2010.01.25, 06:32 PM
How about same design but with fixed offsets? Those rims look sick but i dont often change offsets.

CristianTabush
2010.01.25, 09:48 PM
How about same design but with fixed offsets? Those rims look sick but i dont often change offsets.

Please ck post no. 35

MantisMMA
2010.01.26, 10:21 AM

set them and glue them and your done!!!

JuniorWKR
2010.01.26, 10:40 AM
i would definitly buy your rims in a LM version as i know most would at our LHS as alot of us run LM setups... and i know for a fact that in my area aone there are a couple of tracks that run true LM classes throughout the season...

JuniorWKR
2010.01.26, 10:41 AM
i have already requested for the owner of our shop to place an order for these rims... SICK!!!!!

Traveler
2010.01.26, 12:06 PM
only way i can do this is if you put together a group buy and can get at least 15pairs(frts) of them pre ordered. it is a completely different wheel and all parts would need to be made special. i am not tooled up to make 1pc wheels so they would still be adjustable offset and would be solid. I dont do the lathe work in house , i have another company do it for me, any less than 15 and the cost goes up too much. hope this helps you out!! PM me

I will check with the guys at HSH to see how many would be interested. But their first question will be, what's the cost. If you have an estimate of what the cost per pair would be for the minimum order of 15, that would help me get the numbers we need. Maybe between HSH and MHS we can make it happen. :)

chad508
2010.01.26, 12:18 PM
i would be interested in a few sets as well. maybe others at my track would also as we also run lm rims in a few classes.

MantisMMA
2010.01.26, 12:30 PM
14.00pr solid(no pattern,15pr minimum) in white. still adjustable. let me know what three offsets you like. tool is still 6.00 but the std will not work so i will have to have new ones made because of the smaller dia. do you guys want a solid design that resembles the flat face stock ones or conical like the current rears?

MantisMMA
2010.01.26, 12:37 PM
i can probably do a one sided tool for a bit cheaper but if you use a two side one you will not have to buy another one if you decide to get a rear set later. the smaller dia tool will work with the std dia frts too albiet not as good but it will work!

EMU
2010.01.26, 12:46 PM
For the LM wheels, I think 0/1/2 would be the most common choices for offset. That way they can be used on standard MR02/MR03W, or WTF MR02... ;) I may be interested in a pair as well :)

Traveler
2010.01.26, 12:58 PM
I agree with EMU on the 0-1-2 front offsets. As far as looks, I'm indifferent. I'm more interested in durability and performance.

Already have a set of your new rims + tool on order. You're saying that tool won't worth with LM rims you would make?

dorifto46
2010.01.26, 01:14 PM
set them and glue them and your done!!!

I read about setting and gluing them but the price point is kind of steep if i were to buy them just to set them. hopefully price will come down if they were 1 piece since it doesent require the tool?

MantisMMA
2010.01.26, 01:33 PM
I agree with EMU on the 0-1-2 front offsets. As far as looks, I'm indifferent. I'm more interested in durability and performance.

Already have a set of your new rims + tool on order. You're saying that tool won't worth with LM rims you would make?

unfortunately no because the hub is smaller than the tool would be. if i end up making alot of the LM wheels i may be able to use the LM tool with std frts but i dont know as of yet. but i will taek care of ya if you have already purchased a set of wheels from me;)

MantisMMA
2010.01.26, 01:40 PM
I read about setting and gluing them but the price point is kind of steep if i were to buy them just to set them. hopefully price will come down if they were 1 piece since it doesent require the tool?

if you are deadset on not buying a tool from us i can sell you a set (out of the next order) without the tool but i will glue them before i ship them out! keep in mind that you can easily reuse the wheels when your tires wear out. instead of destroying other wheels!
the one pc wheels are not a priority right now and to be honest they are harder to make than the 2pc and require a lot of expensive special tooling to get them made! they wont cost more but not much if any less. but we will see at a later date. my goal for now is to get these perfected as i think it is a great idea!

Traveler
2010.01.26, 01:54 PM
unfortunately no because the hub is smaller than the tool would be. if i end up making alot of the LM wheels i may be able to use the LM tool with std frts but i dont know as of yet. but i will taek care of ya if you have already purchased a set of wheels from me;)

Gotcha! But I still want LM rims. Will reach out to racers at my LHS. Sounds like MBMZR may have interest too in addition to MHS. I really think LM front rims are viable since no one makes aftermarket ones and PN has said he has no plans to make them. If you consider making fixed offsets, then 0 (for use with WTF) and +2 (for use with standard width front end) might be the most desireable offsets.

Thanks for considering this :)

dorifto46
2010.01.26, 02:35 PM
if you are deadset on not buying a tool from us i can sell you a set (out of the next order) without the tool but i will glue them before i ship them out! keep in mind that you can easily reuse the wheels when your tires wear out. instead of destroying other wheels!
the one pc wheels are not a priority right now and to be honest they are harder to make than the 2pc and require a lot of expensive special tooling to get them made! they wont cost more but not much if any less. but we will see at a later date. my goal for now is to get these perfected as i think it is a great idea!

Email me at ryansagisi@yahoo.com with price for wheelsb w/out tool
offset:
+1 front
+1 rear

MantisMMA
2010.01.26, 02:40 PM
Email me at ryansagisi@yahoo.com with price for wheelsb w/out tool
offset:
+1 front
+1 rear

the wheels are 30per set and the tool is 6.00. i cannot break the sets right now but on the next order i will compensate for it. you can pre-order through reflex and i will have two if not three different designs by then. the current style is called superGT , the second style is called sandollar(10 spoke) and i have a BBS style im working on now. just let CT know which one you want . i will be machining the next batch next weekend!

Traveler
2010.01.26, 07:49 PM
Marcus, I may have to reconsider the desireable front LM offsets. I assumed the Mazda 787B was +2 and the Porsche 962 was +3. But I checked the Kyosho literature and just discovered that the Mazda is +1.3 and the Porsche is +2.7. :confused: I measured the Mazda fronts and indeed they are +1.3. :eek:

So more desireable offsets might be:

-0.2 for WTF Mazda (+1.3-1.5=-0.2)
+1.2 for Std Madza or WTF Porsche (+2.7-1.5=+1.2)
+2.5 for Std Porsche (2.7 is too much and tires can catch on the boards)

Not sure about the Sauber. Will have to find my paperwork on that body's offsets.

EMU or others feel free to chime in here.

EMU
2010.01.26, 08:01 PM
When I used the Mazda body, I used 0N wheels on WTF1 car. Worked perfect. I used the same on the P962.

My recent Sauber test was with 0N on my EMU tower equipped MR015, I believe that they are 2.5ish fronts... I usually like my front wheels to be more tucked in the body than the standard offsets. I almost never use the stock wheels that come with the cars.

I still stand in my position where 0/1/2 should be the choices... I personally never use anything wider than a 1mm offset, but having the 2mm offset would be good for the LM cars, and people that may want to have more offset on them. The difference between a 0 and a -.2 is so small that you wont even notice anything. its much easier to keep everything simple, the more you try to individualise for each body, the more expensive and more production runs will need to be made.

Marcus is doing a lot to try to keep costs down. Having one set of wheels that cover all the more usefull offsets makes it cheaper to produce in the limited production runs that are being made. Also, it provides wheels that you can use, instead of sitting in a parts bin because you dont use 2mm wheels which the shop has, but they dont have any 0mm wheels which you need... One set of wheels for a shop to stock, compatable with all cars.

They may not be the cheapest wheels on the market, but they are very versatile, good looking and durable. The main reason that I like them, is once they are set in place, they are very true. Many of my dish wheels start to wobble after a while... I havent seen these do that at all, and I havent even glued them in place yet :eek:

Traveler
2010.01.26, 08:08 PM
I'm still surprised that the LM wheel offsets are in other than whole mm increments, so I had to do some math to adjust for it. But I'd be happy with 0/1/2. :)

MantisMMA
2010.01.26, 09:40 PM
thanx Eugene! i am going to work on the design over the weekend. Traveler get your group buy together and i can possibly have the lathe work done in two weeks. this weekend is already booked for the next run (grey and whites).

hrdrvr
2010.01.27, 07:29 AM
FWIW, I run 0 offsets on a WTF1 962, but I thought that set up was too wide for the 787. I think 0s on the WTF2 and the 787 would be perfect.

I agree with EMU about tucking the wheels in too. I always liked running the 787 wheels on the 962 when we had our true LM class (LM parts only).

Traveler
2010.01.27, 07:44 AM
Landon,

How about checking with your guys and seeing how many sets MBMZR can commit to. I'm pretty sure the HSH guys will commit to at least 8 but still waiting to hear from some guys.

Thanks!

JuniorWKR
2010.01.27, 08:26 AM
are the rears capable of being run at -1 degree for the narrow 90mm bodies?...

EMU
2010.01.27, 12:17 PM
are the rears capable of being run at -1 degree for the narrow 90mm bodies?...
To answer your qustion:

3. fronts are adjustable from -1,0,+1
4. rears are adjustable from -1,+3 in 1mm increments

JuniorWKR
2010.01.27, 12:47 PM
thank you... that will be awesome...

JuniorWKR
2010.01.27, 12:47 PM
any plans for awd as you would only have to change the center hub?... i know you stated previously that it was a thought but any chance of you guys moving foward with awd?... we are big awd guys over here...

Cherub1m
2010.01.27, 12:56 PM
any plans for awd as you would only have to change the center hub?... i know you stated previously that it was a thought but any chance of you guys moving foward with awd?... we are big awd guys over here...

Yes, don't forget the AWD.

CristianTabush
2010.01.27, 03:42 PM
Buy the 2WD ones, support the brand, help it get resources, and then it will be easier to justify making AWD's, LM's etc.

;)

MantisMMA
2010.01.27, 03:55 PM

most definately!! gimme a mth or so and i will start on them.

rocketman
2010.01.27, 05:00 PM
Marcus, you need to change your signature, because the products are here.

MantisMMA
2010.01.27, 05:11 PM
i was JUST thinking that!! thanx!

JuniorWKR
2010.01.29, 09:48 AM
Buy the 2WD ones, support the brand, help it get resources, and then it will be easier to justify making AWD's, LM's etc.

;)

already told Maj to place the order... willdefinitly help support it... cant wait to see lm and awd in the future... keep up the awesome work guys...

chad508
2010.01.29, 10:00 AM
any thoughts of making f1 wheels. like lm there is no options

JuniorWKR
2010.01.29, 10:11 AM
yeah... i shim the hell outta my rear rims on f1... would love to have an adjustable rim for f1 too... haha keep them coming..

MantisMMA
2010.01.29, 10:35 AM
any thoughts of making f1 wheels. like lm there is no options

kinda the same thing as LM. there is not alot of demand at all for the f1 stuff. keep in mind i have to commit to at least 200pcs on any order which is equal to 50 sets. any less than that and pricing has to go up. so if you guys want to put together a group buy i can do it and price by how many sets you can come up with. i dont mind eating some of it but not 45sets!! im gonna write up a little article on how stuff gets made and all of the process's. i get daily request from members on wanting stuff made but dont realize whats involved! the F1 wheels are not ging to be as simple as the 2wd's

JuniorWKR
2010.01.29, 10:39 AM
ill give up F1 for AWD... ;)

Traveler
2010.01.31, 06:59 PM
Marcus check your PMs.

Traveler
2010.02.01, 02:54 PM
Mine just arrived and I must say they look better than in the pics. Very smooth! Thanks for the quick shipping CT.

Secondly, the tool is a lot bigger than I expected. It could almost be used as a weapon in MMA. LOL! Seriously, nice workmanship.

I was able to figure out which side of the tool fits the fronts and rears based on shape. Conical for rear and flat for front. Question I have is to increase the offset, I just place the outter face of the rim onto the tool and press the outter rim down? Please confrim. I don't want to mess these beauties up going the wrong way.

Thanks!

CristianTabush
2010.02.01, 03:33 PM
Use the palm of your hand and push in at an angle... Use light pressure until you feel it click. Then do it on the opposite side of the wheel and you should be good to go!

I used mine again this weekend and I just love them!

MantisMMA
2010.02.01, 05:05 PM
Mine just arrived and I must say they look better than in the pics. Very smooth! Thanks for the quick shipping CT.

Secondly, the tool is a lot bigger than I expected. It could almost be used as a weapon in MMA. LOL! Seriously, nice workmanship.

I was able to figure out which side of the tool fits the fronts and rears based on shape. Conical for rear and flat for front. Question I have is to increase the offset, I just place the outter face of the rim onto the tool and press the outter rim down? Please confrim. I don't want to mess these beauties up going the wrong way.

Thanks!

make sure you always go the same way , with the outside facing down. if you try the other way you can mess up the lip of the hub. its possible to do it the other way but you gotta create a large chamfer on the inside to allow the hub to line up. if you decide to paint them you have to go backwards so you dont mess up the paint! thanx for the compliments!

Traveler
2010.02.01, 05:47 PM
Got it. Its pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I just wanted to be certain of the direction.

Very novel concept the way the two parts fit together and how the tool marries with the hub, not to mention the clicking.

A+ for creativity! :)

MantisMMA
2010.02.01, 06:19 PM
THATS WHAT WE DO!!!!!:D and i got alot of ideas in the works too!!

JuniorWKR
2010.02.02, 12:52 PM
THATS WHAT WE DO!!!!!:D and i got alot of ideas in the works too!!

make sure one of those ideas is a wide track front end for the 03 so we can use it to run pan... you should be able to just make a castor bar and bottom brace and dremel off the outriggers for the original stock 03 kingpins... i guess what im trying to say in general it should be same exact setup as the 02..

EMU
2010.02.02, 04:07 PM
I ordered a set of wheels last night :)

CristianTabush
2010.02.02, 04:34 PM
make sure one of those ideas is a wide track front end for the 03 so we can use it to run pan... you should be able to just make a castor bar and bottom brace and dremel off the outriggers for the original stock 03 kingpins... i guess what im trying to say in general it should be same exact setup as the 02..

The Wide track is not a Mantis Product, it is a Reflex Product. We will work on something soon, but it will incorporate the new suspension system, we probably won't use the old type suspension because we would also need to make different knuckles...

Rune
2010.02.04, 11:21 AM
Great product Mantis.

They look very good, and seems durable. Will test during the weekend and give some feedback then.
I am very curious to see how the smaller fronts will behave.

BR
Rune

Traveler
2010.02.04, 11:34 AM
The smaller diameter fronts is the reason I got these. Race night is tonight. Can't wait to try them out!

JuniorWKR
2010.02.04, 11:44 AM
The Wide track is not a Mantis Product, it is a Reflex Product. We will work on something soon, but it will incorporate the new suspension system, we probably won't use the old type suspension because we would also need to make different knuckles...

my apologies... no offense thought you guys were working together...

MantisMMA
2010.02.04, 02:29 PM
we do work together but are separate entities! no worries man! WTF (wide track front ) is a reflex trademark.

JuniorWKR
2010.02.04, 02:57 PM
well whatever it is you two are doing keep it up... the influx of new products from both of you guys are amazing...

MantisMMA
2010.02.04, 05:48 PM
thanks alot! as my education gets better the products will too!! just registered for some advanced solidworks and autocad classes!!

Davey G
2010.02.05, 09:04 AM
So from my understanding you have a hub (male) that snaps into the wheel itself (female). Now once it is snapped into the wheel can it be snapped out? For the rear, does the hub need to be glued to the rim so that it doesnt slip under acceleration?

Just curious to know, great ideas guys!!!

MantisMMA
2010.02.05, 11:11 AM
So from my understanding you have a hub (male) that snaps into the wheel itself (female). Now once it is snapped into the wheel can it be snapped out? For the rear, does the hub need to be glued to the rim so that it doesnt slip under acceleration?

Just curious to know, great ideas guys!!!

yes it can be snapped in multiple offsets and completely out if you need to! it will not slip if you do not glue them. its only glued becaue if you get hit hard enough from the side it will jump offsets or get crooked. i have only had this happen twice and i was still able to finish the race. Cristian has not glued his at all and has had zero issues as of yet. i just dont want to be responsible for anyone losing a race because of it!!! the fronts dont ever move because if you get hit hard the steering will just move.

chad508
2010.02.06, 09:01 PM
would there be any interest in making 1/2 mm increment wheels? like -.5, +.5, +1.5. alot of times i like to have a little wider but not a whole mm. just a thought

MantisMMA
2010.02.08, 02:21 PM
maybe down the road, how are you liking your set now?

EMU
2010.02.08, 04:19 PM
Just wanted to let people know that I used the front wheels during a mini-Enduro race, over 90 minutes of racing... and didnt have any problems with the wheels losing their trueness or losing a tire. I havent glued the wheel or the tire yet ;) I got into a few hard wrecks as well (as you can imagine).

It was broken up into 3 sections, in the 2nd section, a 30 minute stint with one mandatory pit/battery change, there were two cars on the lead lap for the entire race (I was one). We exchanged the lead a few times, and pit at the same time... I pit from the lead, and lost a little ground when I dropped one of my good cells into the pile of dumped cells that looked identical (Team Orion 900). Luckily I had a Team Scream cell in my pocket as well, so I used 3 new Orions and one Team Scream cell for the final stint. After 90 minutes of racing, I was down on he leader by 3 laps, which occurred in the pits after my antenna on my MR03 got stuck between a battery and the contact.

To get back on topic; these wheels are great... I just got another set in, and I am going to install them on another MR03 that I got at the Mini-Enduro. I am thinking about changing all of my wheels to these wheels now. When are we going to be able to purchase them individually?

Traveler
2010.02.08, 05:09 PM
would there be any interest in making 1/2 mm increment wheels? like -.5, +.5, +1.5. alot of times i like to have a little wider but not a whole mm. just a thought

Chad, I usually use shims to accomplish what you are describing. Works fine!

MantisMMA
2010.02.08, 05:31 PM
im workin on a different source to get them machined complete once i get the deal done i will be able to sell everything seperately so i would say in a mth or so but if you pre order and let CT know that you dont need a tool that is fine too, youir price will drop 6.00

JuniorWKR
2010.02.09, 12:30 PM
my shop just placed an order... cant wait to get them in and give them a rip...

egonzalez
2010.02.09, 02:54 PM
my shop just placed an order... cant wait to get them in and give them a rip...

I ordered a set last night..... Keep up the good work. :)

TALLGEESE
2010.02.10, 07:10 PM
I received mine a few days ago and all I can say is that I'm very impressed with the quality and craftsmanship of these wheels. I'll definitely be picking up some more sets of these. Are there any plans to make the gray BBS/mesh style wheels that where previously mentioned, and if they are being made any idea when they might become available?

MantisMMA
2010.02.10, 07:22 PM
thanks! i really appreciate that! i am running the next set this weekend and im gonna attempt to make the BBS style but it is a .031 endmill (very small) and i dont know how its gonna go so we will see! but i will have some grey 6 spokes available this round but not too many for some reason grey delrin is 3 times the amount of natural!

MantisMMA
2010.02.14, 11:35 AM
new batch done! tools will be ready by wed or so so should be abe to ship out friday. in the is batch i made a few grey superGT sets, unfortunately they are going to be on a limited basis as the matl cost 3 times the amount. Reflex is only going to have 5 sets of them. and i attempted to make a BBS style but it ended up looking like a Z06 wheel instead! they look good but are a royal pain to deburr so i will not be making a run of them either!! Reflex will only 2 of them ( and he may not even sell them to the public!!!) here are a few Iphone snaps!!

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/86199728.jpg
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/648f2a69.jpg

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/4efab99d.jpg
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/29f6407c.jpg
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/ab79f2aa.jpg

arch2b
2010.02.14, 11:41 AM
thats a shame, i like that style more and the grey color as well.

thank you for sharing the pictures.

MantisMMA
2010.02.14, 01:01 PM
thats a shame, i like that style more and the grey color as well.

thank you for sharing the pictures.

he will have 5 sets of the grey in superGT and 1 set of the Z06's i suggest you order quickly!!

MantisMMA
2010.02.15, 08:43 PM
dont know who they are but thaks for teh video!! its much easier if you use your palm instead of your fingers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsEUSQEZbFk

MantisMMA
2010.02.15, 09:03 PM
a nice review!!

http://bankenz.blogspot.com/2010/02/review-mantis-works-adjustable-offset.html

JuniorWKR
2010.02.17, 08:18 AM
got my mantis wheels glued up, trued up and ready to go.... cant wait to race them thur night... they are bad a$$.... real mean looking...

egonzalez
2010.02.19, 09:09 AM
I finally got a chance to try your wheels… This is my review

Pros
• Excellent construction
• Light weight
• Front wheels smaller diameter
• Great looking
• Adjustable offset

Cons
• Rim halves have to be glued Front/Rear to hold off set
• Can’t re-adjust offset until you remove the glue

Overall I loved your wheels … For version 2, I would like to see if you can come up with a way to lock the wheel halves without gluing them. I bought the wheels with the belief that I would be able to make offset changes on the fly while on the track. To some extent gluing the wheels defeats this ability. One of my fellow racers suggested maybe having two removable delrin pins on opposite sides of the wheels to hold the desired offset. Keep the products coming…Looking forwarded to your F1 line..

JuniorWKR
2010.02.19, 09:54 AM
i ran mine last night too and loved them... i had a little different expectation then edel though... i wanted them for how light they were and how good they looked and the smaller diameter front rim.... i really didnt care to much for the adjustability factor as i always run the same body anyway...

so i glued mine from the get go and had no problems... with the rims being so light i really liked the punch off the line and outta the turns i got especiallty with the 70t motor where every little thing counts....

i ordered another set for my mod car and cant wait for the awd to come out.. i really like the performance of the wheel...

MantisMMA
2010.02.19, 11:29 PM
I finally got a chance to try your wheels… This is my review

Pros
• Excellent construction
• Light weight
• Front wheels smaller diameter
• Great looking
• Adjustable offset

Cons
• Rim halves have to be glued front/back to hold off set
• Can’t re-adjust offset until you remove the glue

Overall I loved your wheels … For version 2, I would like to see if you can come up with a way to lock the wheel halves without gluing them. I bought the wheels with the belief that I would be able to make offset changes on the fly while on the track. To some extent gluing the wheels defeats this ability. One of my fellow racers suggested maybe having two removable delrin pins on opposite sides of the wheels to hold the desired offset. Keep the products coming…Looking forwarded to your F1 line..

you dont really HAVE to glue the wheels for them to work and you dont have to glue the fronts at all. but if you get hit hard enough from the side without glue they will move. sorry if you misunderstood. i have only glued one set of my personal rears and have only had three incidents where it moved and everytime it was when racing with a newcomer (rookie) and i got NAILED hard!! they will not spin without glue.

MantisMMA
2010.02.19, 11:30 PM
oh and you dont have to glue both sides , just the backside!

chad508
2010.02.20, 08:57 AM
finally got to try out the wheels last night. they are very nice. one thing i found to be a nice shock was the offsets. mine seemed to be just a little different than pn are kyosho. the 0 offset seemed to be like a +.3 and the +1 seemed to be like a +.8. im not sure if they were intended to be this way but at least my set was, and im glad they were. also found the tire to glue up a lot nicer on the outside rim, and hold together better. i will review them more as i get more track time. thanks for a nice product mantis.

chad508
2010.04.14, 08:47 AM
any new news on these wheels. i like the set i have, but was waiting to see if other designs were comeing. also any chance of getting non ajustable wheels.

MantisMMA
2010.04.14, 12:25 PM
another batch coming soon, i was thinking of doing a 5 spoke but am open to suggestions! the one pc wheels are not going to be for a while. i would have to make about 500 sets just to get the price range down where i can afford to make them due to the offsets. i would have to make at least 25 pr of each offset in front and rear. what i can do is mill a design in and atomic dish wheel or PN wheel if you either send me your wheels or i can buy them and sell them to you turnkey, just a thought!!

chad508
2010.04.14, 02:21 PM
im not opposed to paying the $30 a set like the 2 piece wheels. im now im buying pn delrins at $7 a piece and like yours much better. its not so much that i like the designs it the trueness of your wheels that sell me. one thing i would like to see added is a slit in the front hub like the rears have. just a thought.

Traveler
2010.04.14, 02:27 PM
I too like how true the MantisWorx rims are. But what sold me on them was the 19mm diameter fronts. I prefer not having the "slit" because I think it makes the hub stronger. The bigest problem I have with the K LM front rims is cracking around the inner bearing. Can't say its because of the "slit" but it happens in that immediate area.

MantisMMA
2010.04.14, 02:33 PM
im not opposed to paying the $30 a set like the 2 piece wheels. im now im buying pn delrins at $7 a piece and like yours much better. its not so much that i like the designs it the trueness of your wheels that sell me. one thing i would like to see added is a slit in the front hub like the rears have. just a thought.

why do you need the slot in the front? the retail price doesnt concern me as much as the fact that it will cost me close to 1k dollars to make a run of one pc wheels!!! and i dont have that cashflow right now!! eventually i will have them but probably not until after my website gets going and i get some momentum ! one thing you gotta realize is that i have to have a wheel specific print for each wheel. thats at least seven prints just for one wheel design.

chad508
2010.04.14, 02:43 PM
i like the slit as it makes it easier to remove bearing. just a personal thing. the new batch you have coming are they the same design as the first ones?

MantisMMA
2010.04.14, 06:12 PM
oh i see! well that is an entire different machine operation so i wont be including the slot on the fronts!! the the wheels are the same lathe work but im probably gonna make a few sets of 5 spokes and possibly make more grey ones (the grey matl cost 6 times the amount of white or black because it is "medical grade"!!!)

pedrocamp
2010.04.14, 08:42 PM
The slit also helps run them on a tire truer...

MantisMMA
2010.04.14, 09:34 PM
thats tru, on my f1 front wheels i just took a cutoff wheel and ground two slots for that reason and i did it on the prototype run of my rear wheelsto save time!

MantisMMA
2010.06.06, 03:41 PM
ok racers i pick up the wheel blanks tomorrow and then all i have to do is machine the patterns. so here is how this is going to have to work. the SuperGT (6 spoke) is the standard design, on this run i am offering a true mesh design and a 10 spoke design but they will be for pre-order only (will be on the site later tonight) i am machining the patterns starting tomorrow evening so if you want a particular design it needs to be pre-ordered

MantisMMA
2010.06.06, 04:49 PM
the wheels are only available in sets of four except for the group C wheels, they are fronts only@15.00. if you want just solid adjustable wheels i can also do that.

chad508
2010.06.06, 07:56 PM
how about just a set of solid rears to match the front group c wheels i got at the carolina cup

arch2b
2010.06.06, 08:00 PM
what are your tolerances for designing pattens? such as min. radius, etc? i did a bunch for mini-z for david years ago and several for dnano (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24321) which never went anywhere

MantisMMA
2010.06.06, 09:22 PM
only available in sets of four, thats how i order them, i cant break it up or i end up with a bunch of mismatch sets but you can buy a complete set and i can leave them solid.
Arch i typically use a .032 endmill so the smallest radius needs to be around .020 to be safe. Dnano wheels are a pain to make unless the pattern can be made from the backside.

akura2
2010.06.07, 12:13 PM
I would LOVE to see some dnano wheels like the ones that used to be made by AVMODELLE.... (double wide in the rear)

http://nanospeeders.com/photos/Dnano/Fovea3d/091013alpinea110/10.jpg

those looked awesome

akura2
2010.06.07, 12:21 PM
ok racers i pick up the wheel blanks tomorrow and then all i have to do is machine the patterns. so here is how this is going to have to work. the SuperGT (6 spoke) is the standard design, on this run i am offering a true mesh design and a 10 spoke design but they will be for pre-order only (will be on the site later tonight) i am machining the patterns starting tomorrow evening so if you want a particular design it needs to be pre-ordered

What color are your blanks? White?

YGPM

MantisMMA
2010.06.07, 04:22 PM
there are a VERY limited amount of grey ones. if you want them you need pre pay for them before tonight when i start making them. i am starting with the grey ones!

akura2
2010.06.07, 04:57 PM
there are a VERY limited amount of grey ones. if you want them you need pre pay for them before tonight when i start making them. i am starting with the grey ones!

Done...

and seriously consider doing the dnano wheels... PLEASE

MantisMMA
2010.06.07, 05:52 PM
i have a new Dnano coming tomorrow (GT3) so once i look at it and see what it will take i may try and do them but not sure yet. are all the offsets the same on all of them?

akura2
2010.06.07, 06:56 PM
i have a new Dnano coming tomorrow (GT3) so once i look at it and see what it will take i may try and do them but not sure yet. are all the offsets the same on all of them?

the offsets on the dnano wheels are all the same... the track widths are changed by changing the rear hubs and the steering rack...

the wheels could be made wider by going IN with the width and keeping the mounting face the same as stock... so that the back of the mounting face to the back of the rim can be made wider... you just need make sure to clear the diff on the diff side....

MantisMMA
2010.06.07, 10:13 PM
only one set of grey left........

MantisMMA
2010.06.07, 11:45 PM
no more grey left EMU got the last set!

z3zinho
2010.06.08, 09:05 AM
Any plans for some AWD wheels??? I need some proper wheels.... pleeeeaaaaassssseeeeeee ;):D

MantisMMA
2010.06.08, 10:20 AM
i would love to but there is no demand for them, i have to make at least 250 pcs per order or the price is just too high. eventually i will probably do it but i dont know when

MantisMMA
2010.06.09, 11:31 PM
Here they are!!
These are the limited edition patterns for this batch of wheels. a few people switched around to the 10 spokes so there are still a few of the grey mesh available but i would hurry and order them!

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/DSC_0468.jpg

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/DSC_0464.jpg

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/DSC_0463.jpg

I thought that the mesh would be my favorite but the 10spokes are NAAAASTY!!
http://shop.mantisworx.com/KYOSHO-MINI-Z-MR-02-03_c3.htm

akura2
2010.06.10, 12:48 AM
damn... the 10-spokes are HOT!.... oh well....

*15 minutes later*

damn.. I HAD to look at them again.... those 10-spokes are straight SICK....... I'm sure I will still like my gray mesh... but damn I didn't know these were going to look like THIS

MantisMMA
2010.06.10, 01:04 AM
damn... the 10-spokes are HOT!.... oh well....

*15 minutes later*

damn.. I HAD to look at them again.... those 10-spokes are straight SICK....... I'm sure I will still like my gray mesh... but damn I didn't know these were going to look like THIS

You can change if you want, I can't blame ya!

EMU
2010.06.10, 01:04 AM
Im going to like my mesh. I still like them better than the 10 spoke, but the 10 spoke look really good. I think that these are some of the best looking wheels available.

akura2
2010.06.10, 01:25 AM
You can change if you want, I can't blame ya!

I think I'm going to have to switch then... the gray 10-spokes will look better with my Silver Sauber... thanks for understanding... and thanks for making the switch... I didn't want to bail on you since you already cut them... but if you could hook a brother up I'd appreciate it...:D

MantisMMA
2010.06.10, 09:11 AM
no problem!

Rune
2010.06.10, 09:39 AM
I just want to say:

These wheels rock!

I have used two pairs to the extreme since the first batch came out, and I have not broken one yet! They are still completely round, without a single notch in any of them.

They cost a bit more than other wheels, but are almost indestructable.

chad508
2010.06.10, 10:43 AM
just an idea. would there be anyway of selling just the inserts down the road.

akura2
2010.06.10, 01:03 PM
no problem!

Thanks!!!....

akura2
2010.06.10, 01:04 PM

I thought about that....'

that would be an interesting prospect....

and maybe offer even more design options that way

MantisMMA
2010.06.10, 03:12 PM

two problems with that, the way i have to machine them has to be put together (hub and lip) and when i order the lathe work they are done in pairs to assure of the fit. so in other words they are matched per batch. the tolerances are very tight in order for them to work properlay and a first gen lip may not fit right with a third gen hub and that just leads to problems down the road. but i am going to offer them in pairs soon so you will not have to buy a complete set.

akura2
2010.06.11, 01:31 PM
two problems with that, the way i have to machine them has to be put together (hub and lip) and when i order the lathe work they are done in pairs to assure of the fit. so in other words they are matched per batch. the tolerances are very tight in order for them to work properlay and a first gen lip may not fit right with a third gen hub and that just leads to problems down the road. but i am going to offer them in pairs soon so you will not have to buy a complete set.

Got your 'nano yet?

MantisMMA
2010.06.11, 02:41 PM
Yup, I got it the other day! Will drive it tomorrow and then start designing parts.

akura2
2010.06.11, 10:52 PM
Yay!...*

*little girl-like squeal with delight

I have two dnanos... and I LOVE them

akura2
2010.06.14, 06:19 PM
I got my wheels today and they look awesome!!

Before I ruin them... Which side of the tool goes with which wheels?

I think I have it figured out but I want to make sure before I fudge something up...

Thanks

MantisMMA
2010.06.14, 07:51 PM
The angled side goes with the rear wheels, only adjust the wheels one way ie from negative to positive. Don't forget to send me a pic so I can put your car on my site!

akura2
2010.06.17, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the info:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2517/imagedz.jpg

MantisMMA
2010.06.17, 03:07 PM
i have a grey pair of group C fronts that would look killer on that car!

MantisMMA
2010.06.17, 03:11 PM
http://www.mantisworx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/DSC_0038.jpg

PadrinoNY
2010.06.17, 05:45 PM
Can't wait to get mine I seen Emu's and they look sexy.....

HaCo
2010.06.18, 10:21 AM
http://www.mantisworx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/DSC_0038.jpg

That looks great indeed!

Never tought of making wheels with etched inserts like they make for slotcars?

MantisMMA
2010.06.18, 10:48 AM
it was actually one of my first designs but i couldnt find a good etching company. i did national level slot car racing before i got into mini-z's and i have thousands of dollars worth of slot car stuff in storage. i may look into it again, thanx for the reminder!!

HaCo
2010.06.18, 10:58 AM
You could also make wheels that can take etched discs of an existing size, like for example NINCO ones (for their 1/28 Xslot car):
http://www.ninco.com/list/858/5/2/1/1/XLOT.htm

But the size needs to be right, the right diameter that fits nice under the car.

I for sure would be interested in these wheels :)

Grtz

HaCo
2010.06.18, 11:00 AM
PS: I'm not sure if the ninco ones are etched or resin.

PadrinoNY
2010.06.21, 05:13 PM
Just got mine today they look and feel great on the track..... Enjoy the Pics....

MantisMMA
2010.07.08, 12:08 AM
now on sale

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34677

Felix2010
2010.07.28, 05:11 PM
Hello Marcus,

I apologize if this info has already been posted but I've searched the forums and haven't found it: What is the weight(s) of your wheels? Specifically your Adj. Super-GT and Adj. Grey Mesh wheels, both the front wheels and rear wheels? They look light but I am curious about the weights. Thank you in advance:)

Rune
2010.07.28, 05:59 PM
Hi.
The total weight for 4 wheels (Standard edition) are 6 grams.

Rune

MantisMMA
2010.07.28, 06:04 PM
thanx Rune that is correct. hey Rune only a few dayz left on the sale!

Rune
2010.07.28, 06:23 PM
thanx Rune that is correct. hey Rune only a few dayz left on the sale!

Allright. I send you an email:D