PDA

View Full Version : PN motor mount 9094 90-98mm

LED
2010.01.16, 05:53 PM
Has anyone tried this motor mount ?

http://www.pnracing.us/new/product_image/403_1.jpg

I want to know about the 90 and 94 mm setups.

Thank you

EMU
2010.01.16, 06:13 PM
I have only run it in 90mm config. It is the best 90mm mount for RCP. For carpet or low grip RCP, the Atomic 90mm HM would be comparable. The ATM HM has been discontinued for some time, so really, you are left with either this mount or an RM mount. This mount has a lot more on throttle steering, but doesnt turn as hard into the corner (rearing it in as I call it, where the weight in the rear swings the rear around into the corner off throttle).

For a tight track, with a lot of slow decelerating corners, I would choose the RM. High speed corners, I would choose this mount.

If you want an MM mount that can run 90 - 94, this is the only option, and a pretty good one at that.

dxm2
2010.01.19, 08:07 PM
I run this on my MR03 GT1 as well as an MR02 F40. It works very well and EMU is right, it is the only option if you want to run MM on a 90 mm car. The DDS sits a little high and I've had to dremel out other bodies, i.e. a Dino, to get it to fit right. Other than that it works great. I"ve never run it as a 94 or 98. There are better mounts for those lengths.

LED
2010.01.20, 02:16 AM
Ok thx for the reactions.

CondeAfonso
2010.09.16, 08:09 PM
Hi there LED!!

I'm using that mount in 90mm also, and it surely changes the car into a less spinning behaviour. Mine is unfortunately a replica, not the original PnRacing one.

Just note three things:

1- If your car is at normal height (not lowered in the front) the rear will sit lower. This mount lowers the rear even with the adjusters inverted by about 1mm, when compared to the original plastic 90mm Kyosho mount.

2- To work in 90mm it needs to use a shorter MM H-bar not a RM. This bar is always stiffer then the equivalent RM one.

3- I think you can't use both Disk Damper and rear shock,unless you have LOTS of space inside the body, and you have to go really inventive just to put it there.

Here is a picture of my setup:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4124/4997342456_686fa2eca3_z.jpg

As for using this mount in 94mm, the advantage I can see is being able to use the same mount for different bodies. 94mm will also allow you to lower more the motor/CG with the PnRacing part MR9095, and use the softer and longer RM H-bars.

EMU
2010.09.16, 10:06 PM
Conde, I used the Kyosho F1 shock with the PN 90mm MM mount and Disc damper. Its a tight fit, but with a little shaving, I fit it under the F355. I did remove the rear window and shave the decklid a little on the body for clearance of the damper plate.

babstar
2010.09.30, 07:16 AM
I run this on my MR03 GT1 as well as an MR02 F40. It works very well and EMU is right, it is the only option if you want to run MM on a 90 mm car. The DDS sits a little high and I've had to dremel out other bodies, i.e. a Dino, to get it to fit right. Other than that it works great. I"ve never run it as a 94 or 98. There are better mounts for those lengths.

I want to use this one for the Porsche 911 GT1 but don't want to dremel out the body. when u used it on this body did you have enough clearance? you did't need to dremel out the GT1? I'm asking thisto make sure befor ordering one.

thx.