PDA

View Full Version : my car is DIALED right now.

JeremyC
2010.01.16, 06:40 PM
Last saturday I was having major problems with my diff because the diff plates were rubbing the spur gear. The car kind of ran like crap, but I fixed it... I ground the heck out of the diff plates to make them smaller and round, then did the 600 then 2000 grit sandpaper. Diff felt awesome after.

And since I had the dremel out I decided to go postal on my 360GTC. I cut the hell out of the rear bump and sideskirts, and I also removed the front lip entirely. Doing that let me lower the front of the car and it is now using PN low down springs.

I finally got to drive the car today and WOW. The thing felt amazing; best it has ever felt. Not entirely sure if it was due to lowering the front, or the removing the front lip but the steering is MUCH improved. No traction problems at all, and my corner speeds are way up..

yeah

/rant

dvsstrike
2010.01.16, 09:21 PM
glad to hear you got all your problems worked out. i never posted a remedy just read all your post and suggestions from other racers

JeremyC
2010.01.17, 10:12 AM
glad to hear you got all your problems worked out. i never posted a remedy just read all your post and suggestions from other racers

Yeah.. It does seem like most posts on the site are about problems with the car.. Over the last 6 weeks or so my car has felt tremendous. Like every time I go to the track the car has felt better and better. Last weekend was the only regression; due to building the diff at the track and not paying enough attention.... These little cars require things to be just right :)