PDA

View Full Version : 1/10 offroad

JeremyC
2010.01.22, 07:45 PM
Hey guys,

What classes are popular in 1/10 offroad? Is 1/10 electric buggy? If so, what chassis are the most competitive?

-Jer

RCPMini-z
2010.01.22, 09:03 PM
Hey guys,

What classes are popular in 1/10 offroad? Is 1/10 electric buggy? If so, what chassis are the most competitive?

-Jer

Right now the biggest craze is short course trucks. Traxxas slash is one of the most popular. Traxxas makes both an electric 2wd and 4wd. Most of the other manufacturers make stadium trucks as well. You can visit the most popular short course forum for all the current trucks and parts available at link below. Kyosho makes both a nitro and electric short course truck.

http://www.rcshortcourse.com/

dvsstrike
2010.01.22, 09:25 PM
the most competitve is 2wd buggy. but what sucks is that every car is essentially the same. if the fast guy has a rc10 most cars will be an rc10. and vice versa with a losi(which should get a re name) and the lonely rb5. back in the day there was several 2wd buggies that were the shizz. but now who knows....

J-Milz
2010.01.24, 03:37 PM
It also depends where you plan to run. I went up to Barnstormers in Chester Ny and Slash/ SC was was the best class for the new guys. You can get a new slash for under $200 and be ready to go! Once you get better, and want to mod the truck you can move to the Blitz or SC10. For buggy 2wd the RC10 B4 or Kyosho RB5 is king. There is also another track in Farmingdale, NY.

JeremyC
2010.01.24, 05:49 PM
It also depends where you plan to run. I went up to Barnstormers in Chester Ny and Slash/ SC was was the best class for the new guys. You can get a new slash for under $200 and be ready to go! Once you get better, and want to mod the truck you can move to the Blitz or SC10. For buggy 2wd the RC10 B4 or Kyosho RB5 is king. There is also another track in Farmingdale, NY.

I am having a lot of fun with the Mini-z so I'm not sure I'd want to try off-road; but I'm trying to get an idea of what is going on. I think the Slash looks like an awesome truck, I just want to know how many people are running in the class and which one to get.. Brushless, brushed, 4x4, god knows what. Also, where can we drive these things??? I'm in the city man, I am jumping sidewalks.

EMU
2010.01.24, 05:55 PM
I used to race 1/10 Tamiya's with Sai and a few friends... Its hard to find a place in the city that you have enough open space, and arent bothering others that are trying to use the park. I have been interested in doing some larger scale offroad for a while, but the entry price and locations have always been a large deterrant... If you find anything good, let me know ;)

JeremyC
2010.01.24, 07:07 PM
I used to race 1/10 Tamiya's with Sai and a few friends... Its hard to find a place in the city that you have enough open space, and arent bothering others that are trying to use the park. I have been interested in doing some larger scale offroad for a while, but the entry price and locations have always been a large deterrant... If you find anything good, let me know ;)

I am kind of serious about trying the 1/10 scale electric cars, but only if I can find a place to drive them. I have a 1/10 Tamiya Fox that I'm thinking about messing with in the street, but I highly doubt that would be competitive in any 1/10 buggy racing.

Right now I'm practicing with something a bit smaller.. :) Will share more once I find the USB cable to my camera.

J-Milz
2010.01.25, 09:19 AM
The price to race at Barnstormers is about the same to race Mini's on a Sat. You are better off in the spec slash class, because its the most cost effective. You can also get them on Ebay for under $100 also. Here is the site for the track that I race: http://barnstormersrc.com/ I'll probably attend a Slash race in Feb. If your interested and get a truck, hit me up..

bermbuster
2010.01.25, 08:54 PM
i have 2 slashes a B4 and a T4.....I just picked up a 1/16 revo (sick)
you gotta let me know the next time you are going to Barnstormers.....

J-Milz
2010.01.26, 11:38 AM
Anyone looking to unload 1/10 offroad gear? Let me know.