PDA

View Full Version : Need Help in regard to Glitch.

jaywhye
2010.01.29, 01:13 PM
Dear forumer,

Would like to seek for help in regard to the glitching problem that i encounter.

Basically when i on-throttle (forward), the steering will start having erratic Steering Movement (going left and right), but not on idle.

NOTE* By the way before hand i had the erratic steering movement, on idle and i use the method of tj's tips to solve it and it works.

Would appreciate if anyone can help/give suggestion.

Thanks

dorifto46
2010.01.29, 02:55 PM
Tjay has two different tutorials on how to fix the problem. One was the gluing method and the other was the soldering of the switch wires. Make sure to check both. Another thing that you can try that worked for me and alot of other people, is to change out the motor. I was running a Pn 70t and it was glitching then i replaced it with another pn 70t and the glitch went away.

Traveler
2010.01.29, 03:36 PM
Another thing to check is the caps on your motor. I had this problem with a 70turn and when I replaced it with another 70turn, the problem when away. When I checked the 1st 70turn motor, I noticed one of the caps was not connected to the can properly. When I fixed that connection and put it back in the 03 the problem was fixed. Good luck!

Tjay
2010.01.29, 06:04 PM
Definitely try another motor. If that didn't help, start checking the wirings on the board. Here's the tut (http://fastpaceracing.com/content/mr03-steering-and-throttle-glitch).

NOTE* By the way before hand i had the erratic steering movement, on idle and i use the method of tj's tips to solve it and it works.

Sweet! :) That's pretty hardcore for you to jump on this fix though. Considering that you're new but then I guess maybe you have other R/C hobby so... Good Job!

jaywhye
2010.01.30, 01:03 AM
Thanks guys for the suggestion. I appreciate it, and will definitely try checking/ replace the motor.

jaywhye
2010.01.30, 01:08 AM
Definitely try another motor. If that didn't help, start checking the wirings on the board. Here's the tut (http://fastpaceracing.com/content/mr03-steering-and-throttle-glitch).

Sweet! :) That's pretty hardcore for you to jump on this fix though. Considering that you're new but then I guess maybe you have other R/C hobby so... Good Job!

By the way tj, any ideas on what to do if the steering go crazy (left and right) after the pot is glue to the servo?

dvsstrike
2010.03.22, 03:44 PM
a little bit of grease on the gears also help. there is lot of play in those gears. the grease just takes up the slack in there

Jace1283
2010.03.29, 04:37 PM
i did tjays solder fix but i also removed the switch entirely and put a glob of solder across the solder pads. i then moved the one remaining power wire over next to the 2.4 light rather than near that little black box, a diode i think tjay said it was. i drained a full set of batteries with no glitch, im not sure if i put the same motor back in or not but it was a 70t before and after...still holding my breath but its a good sign. car used to have a single violent servo jerk that you could hear. It happened almost anywhere on the track. Would happen quite a bit just before the fix, maybe 2 times a minute or more when the batteries were still fresh.

alsot i had opened it before to move the wires but it didnt really help.