PDA

View Full Version : Short course track

J-Milz
2010.01.29, 05:45 PM
You know what would be a great product: If RCP came out w/ a off road series of track in a tan color w/ table top jumps, and ruts built into it. :) It would be great to run off road 1/28 scale in the winter!

mikedw
2010.01.29, 06:16 PM
I'm pretty sure they already have an off road track and the bump and jump as well.

J-Milz
2010.01.29, 07:53 PM
I'd like to see that. I know Imat has jumps and a bridge set. But RCP to my knowledge does not. RCP has the small parts set to add as obstacles, but not a track devoted to off road.

MikeL
2010.01.29, 08:06 PM
a soldering iron and a torch could make a quick rough track, maybe if you could get a hold of some old used RCP to do it with.

mugler
2010.01.29, 08:18 PM
At one point they did have a textured surface but really a half attempt and don't even see that on their site anymore, only see animated images of jumps which again not very convincing.

Here's the deal...our local 10th scale facility has both on & off road tracks with onroad one being much much larger. Off road average weekend entries 100+ / onroad weekend entries maybe around 40.

Lesson here is a lot of folks want to off road so a combination of Z short course truck (kyosho already makes the 10th scale version) & a nice new RCP offroad track maybe the ticket to bring in boat loads of new blood to Z world . Hells yeah fully licensed SC truck bodies on RCP:p K should go nuts with the licensing & make all bodies including the Traxxas & RC10 sponsored trucks too!!

RCPMini-z
2010.01.29, 08:56 PM
We made tracks in brown surface back in 2004. We don't make them anymore.

mr7q
2010.01.29, 10:07 PM
Hells yeah fully licensed SC truck bodies on RCP:p

I'd be all over that one like flies on rice!

Or however that metaphor works.

mugler
2010.01.29, 10:17 PM
Wow cool, logically that should jolt things up for this scale as off road is mad popular right now. can you elaborate a little on the make of the trucks at this point?

I'll be all over it like "white on rice" too!

RCPMini-z
2010.01.29, 10:37 PM
We have foam jumps that you can stick on the black tile tracks, but they are currently out of stock and I am not sure when we will be making more.

J-Milz
2010.01.30, 12:41 AM
Well, I hope that company is Kyosho, and its an updated Overland, or a special AWD w/ long travel shocks and a short course body. I like the 1/16 Slash and Mini revo but its too big and fast to run on smaller mini-z type tracks. Just not the same.:mad:

Kyosho are you listening?

Action B
2010.01.30, 02:45 AM
Well, I hope that company is Kyosho, and its an updated Overland, or a special AWD w/ long travel shocks and a short course body. I like the 1/16 Slash and Mini revo but its too big and fast to run on smaller mini-z type tracks. Just not the same.:mad:

Kyosho are you listening?

The micro-t would be a good guess.

J-Milz
2010.02.20, 01:31 PM
No, Kyosho SHOULD make a buggy based off the AWD, and later a short course truck! Or just upgrade the OL. Look at this video from Youtube. You see smiles on everyone's face!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFi-jCS7E70

arch2b
2010.02.20, 05:24 PM
i can't say enough about how much fun it was to race overlands. that being said, there was just never enough interest or participation to sustain it at any level.

despite the fun of the various micro-t's, i don't even see these being raced anywhere. it's just too much of a niche market. simply scaling down a sc truck won't make it successful. the scale in general has perception issues, namely being seen as toyish thus discredited and ignored by large scale driver.

for the record, i would love to get a mini-z scale sc truck.

i also used to have a good sizes rcp offroad track. it was actually quite fun and was sorry to see those tiles discontinued.

kevo1036
2010.08.25, 10:07 AM
I saw this track in an e-mail today: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB1624

Is RCP tracks partnered up with Losi now or is Losi making a similar/identical track?

RCPMini-z
2010.08.25, 10:21 AM
RCP Tracks is manufacturing the off road tracks for Losi. I started a thread on them in the tracks section. The tracks will be branded with the Losi name and distributed by Losi to it's dealers.

There are two tracks currently being made. One is a complete track with tiles, rails and jumps. The second is rails and jumps only.

ChiMiniRc
2010.08.25, 01:23 PM
RCP Tracks is manufacturing the off road tracks for Losi. I started a thread on them in the tracks section. The tracks will be branded with the Losi name and distributed by Losi to it's dealers.

There are two tracks currently being made. One is a complete track with tiles, rails and jumps. The second is rails and jumps only.

I don't know who steers the product line-up, but I'd love to get just the jump tiles for existing RCP track.

RCPMini-z
2010.08.25, 03:36 PM
I don't know who steers the product line-up, but I'd love to get just the jump tiles for existing RCP track.

Losi is in charge of the product line. You can contact them regarding supplying jump tiles only.

hrdrvr
2010.08.25, 03:46 PM
RCPMini-z - Check your PM please...;)

Guinness
2010.09.30, 12:01 PM
i wish overland racing was more popular. i have more fun with them than i do with mini z cars

J-Milz
2010.09.30, 12:29 PM
At my local track www.actionrcspeedway.com we run a rally class where we place pvc, and wood blocks beneath the RCP. We get big air from those lil AWD subbie bodies.:D Imagine if Kyosho actually listened to this forum and marketed something with a decent suspension system in AWD like the Losi mini's?

mdowney
2010.11.21, 07:00 PM
At my local track www.actionrcspeedway.com we run a rally class where we place pvc, and wood blocks beneath the RCP. We get big air from those lil AWD subbie bodies.:D Imagine if Kyosho actually listened to this forum and marketed something with a decent suspension system in AWD like the Losi mini's?

How has the turnout been? Are people still interested? I'm tempted to set up something like this myself.

J-Milz
2010.11.21, 07:05 PM
The series ran for 8 weeks. We averaged 2 heats. An A an B with about 5-6 cars each. It was fun!