PDA

View Full Version : Documentation

pinwc4
2010.01.30, 02:08 PM
I have my initial draft of documentation complete finally. So far it weighs in at 30 pages which is a good start. I do not have any screenshots or other images in the documentation but all the information should be there.

I have posted a copy of the documentation on the website here:
http://www.flipsideracing.org/documentation/flipsideracingsoftware/en/index.html

The next version of the software will finally include documentation. But as always their are help tags within the software, if you hover your mouse over something you want to know about a small bit of text should pop up describing what that button, menu etc. does.

briankstan
2010.01.31, 08:06 AM
just wanted to let you know that we are using the flipside software for a big race we are attending in Wyoming. Everyone has been really impressed with it. We have been been doing the sorting using the HFAY export and an excel file to do the sorting. it works good, but we are still looking forward to the race management.;)

they have even asked about getting it. I've given them the info and this documentation will come in handy.

We appreciate all your hard work on this software.

pinwc4
2010.01.31, 04:32 PM
just wanted to let you know that we are using the flipside software for a big race we are attending in Wyoming. Everyone has been really impressed with it. We have been been doing the sorting using the HFAY export and an excel file to do the sorting. it works good, but we are still looking forward to the race management.;)

they have even asked about getting it. I've given them the info and this documentation will come in handy.

We appreciate all your hard work on this software.

Thanks for the feedback.

I updated the documentation slightly. The biggest change is all the sections are numbered now instead of just the chapters. I am still figuring out how to do documentation correctly.

I plan on also having a copy of the documentation that is all in one file, maybe PDF, so it can be easily sent around. The documentation is written in the Docbook format so I should be able to transform it to many formats easily, I just need to figure out what options I need.