PDA

View Full Version : 02m motor/light plugs

klims
2010.01.31, 03:14 AM
Seems like this would have been talked about so if it has someone please redirect my attention...

Was doing a FET upgrade on my 02m and started looking at the crappy plugs connecting the motor to the pcb. Seems like they wouldn't be able to handle too much current. Has anyone ever used the stock plugs with a hot motor?

When soldering the FETs I noticed that the plug coming directly off the FETs is connected to the lights. Why would iwaver do this? This seems insane. From what I can tell the motor plug is connected to the FETs by a tiny tracks. Seems like this is back to front. Has anyone ever fried the motor tracks on the 02m?

zenkinsw
2010.02.03, 05:46 AM
Hi Klims,

I do run the Chilli motor + 2 X 2 4562 Fet mod with standard plug on Big track event, no issue with that.

The light connector is the plug for the lighting kit, as the same power source for motor, thus, it will light and dim during throttle input.

klims
2010.02.03, 06:46 PM
Interesting. Guess they did their testing with the plug and track thickness. No doubt having wires directly soldered to the FETs will increase efficiency, but whether it is a noticeable difference would be good to find out.

Zenkinsw: don't suppose you could try running your setup with the motor plug in the light socket and let us know if it made a difference?

I recently bought the chilli motor but haven't had a chance to run it yet. Seems faster than my Anima II so far. Will be good to give it a run on the track and see how it performs with my latest upgrades.

Thanks for the reply

zenkinsw
2010.02.05, 02:16 AM
Hi,

Haven't try it yet, but will give that a go on the weekend and let you know.:)

I doubt they do any testing on the plug with hot motor, but I am lucky enough never get it burn appox 20mins run lol.

For me, this 02m is a toy grade budget car kit, which is good as entry level car kit, or just a spare car to let your friend to play. It is competitive to race in stock class with just good tires, bearing, ball diff, and whatever choice of stock motor. I did mod it up so it can be competitive to race in mod class, but to be honest, the money and effort I spent is not worth it.

Interesting. Guess they did their testing with the plug and track thickness. No doubt having wires directly soldered to the FETs will increase efficiency, but whether it is a noticeable difference would be good to find out.

Zenkinsw: don't suppose you could try running your setup with the motor plug in the light socket and let us know if it made a difference?

I recently bought the chilli motor but haven't had a chance to run it yet. Seems faster than my Anima II so far. Will be good to give it a run on the track and see how it performs with my latest upgrades.

Thanks for the reply