PDA

View Full Version : MR-03 awd?

ScottKelly911
2010.02.03, 04:23 AM
I just ordered a MR-03 LM chassis, the Sauber Mercedes car. I'm still a newb to the mini-z world. I used to race 10th scale a long time ago and just got bit by the bug again. Infact I'm putting my old school Yokomo YR4M-Pro back on the road. Anyway, quick question about the MR-03 I just ordered, is it possible to put an awd kit on it? I know that past cars such as MR-02's can be made awd, but how about the 03? If it is, can I use it on my LM chassis, or are would it only work for a rear mounted motor setup. thnks for the answers in advance, I'm really looking forward to running this car and being involved on this forum.

herman
2010.02.03, 04:58 AM
first off... welcome to the forums...

hmm... can't seem to understand your question... you can't make an mr02 awd.. the awd is whole different chassis... it's called the ma010...

if you are asking if the mr03 electronics can be transplanted into an awd (ma010) chassis... i say, it could be done... however you would have to deal with probably changing the servo motor to the older version... i think it actually has been done... maybe somebody can point out the thread...

hope this helps...

boohoo
2010.02.03, 05:50 AM
mk2kompressor has done the conversion on one of his awd`s and no you cant make the mr03 a awd if you could it would cost too much to fab all the stuff neeeded to do it

boroEF
2010.02.03, 04:39 PM
Additional mention:

Your sauber should be in mid mount configuration, not rear mount.
The mid mount is favored for racing for it's handling properties...

there are multiple motor configurations, but are all rwd:

mid mount
rear mount
high mount (right above the rear axle)

And within the above, there are variations of each (ie: midmount comes in short, medium and long wheelbase flavors, all with varying motor cg's).

ScottKelly911
2010.02.04, 03:35 AM
Thanks for answering my questions guys. I was aware that the LM is mid-mount, which is why I ordered that particular car, for it's better weight distribution. Guess I was wrong, I didn't realize the awd cars were entirely different chassis. Thanks for letting me know, still kinda learning the inner workings of the Mini-Z world :) BTW, I should be getting it in the mail tomorrow, I'll let you guys know my impressions of it probably over the weekend. I also ordered the R1Wurks batteries with it, so that should make it have a pretty good punch! I've got an Xmods R8 so I can't wait to see the difference in those two cars. I'm sure it'll feel more like a mini version of my past high end RC cars as opposed to the sloppy handling of the xmods. Thanks again for your responses guys!