PDA

View Full Version : Do I need Top Shock For 96mm?

SPANKY
2010.02.13, 10:15 AM
i run a 94mm f430 mr-03 with dps,#3 pn t-plate & runs great as is.wanted to try the reflex 96mm but was wondering if you can use it as is without topshock?And if so should i try the medium considering my setup now?

Traveler
2010.02.13, 11:09 AM
Top shock not needed for 96mm. I run the hard plate, but in PN I run, #4 or #5. If you run PN #3 the medium RR 96mm might be the place to start. I really like the RR 96mm plates! :D

SPANKY
2010.02.13, 11:42 AM
thx i think medium is what i need think soft is too less.I dont run top shocks so that was my main concern.thanks.

EMU
2010.02.13, 02:41 PM
I found that I had to use a top shock. I used the hard, and I use an ATM 5 on my other car. Otherwise the car squats too much on throttle. A simple F1 shock or the original shock will work. I used the original shock, with a blue spring (dont know what company it is) with 2 preload spacers.

The hard 96mm plate has much less lateral spring than what I am used to, so it took a lot of setup and driving adjustments. Now it feels very good... I would recommend starting with the hard and working your way down if you want less lateral spring. I do recommend a top shock, it added so much more steering to my setup on throttle.

dvsstrike
2010.02.13, 05:34 PM
i personally like the top shock. it gives me the on power steering i like. and you can adjust droop and pre load on the shock.

SPANKY
2010.02.14, 10:04 AM
thanks for your input guys, will try the 96mm this week.

Tjay
2010.02.14, 11:50 AM
Yes Spanky, you need to.

CristianTabush
2010.02.14, 12:48 PM
Yes Spanky, you need to.

Not necessarily true. If you use the standard T Bar Mount from the MR-03 or a Triangle Mount on the MR-02, there is no need.

There is however need for some sort of support for the T-Bar Once it gets broken in or else it will sag too much. My personal preference is the Kyosho F1 Top Shock. I have tried every single shock out there and this one is the most consistent, giving the most rear grip ( I think all the other ones use springs that are too stiff or are too bulky). Going from the PN Shock to the Kyosho F1, my car gained a TON of rear grip and still maintained the steering characteristics.

SPANKY
2010.02.15, 06:08 PM
Not necessarily true. If you use the standard T Bar Mount from the MR-03 or a Triangle Mount on the MR-02, there is no need.

There is however need for some sort of support for the T-Bar Once it gets broken in or else it will sag too much. My personal preference is the Kyosho F1 Top Shock. I have tried every single shock out there and this one is the most consistent, giving the most rear grip ( I think all the other ones use springs that are too stiff or are too bulky). Going from the PN Shock to the Kyosho F1, my car gained a TON of rear grip and still maintained the steering characteristics.

Yes C.T. was gonna ask how is the F1 shock instead of using the Kyosho Yellow shock if it would be better.i guess that answers that.thanks