View Full Version : Where can I get parts for my MR-01?

Aston DBR9
2010.02.18, 01:12 AM
I found an MR-01 at a goodwill store for $15 and bought it about a year ago. I used it for a while until my H-plate broke, and then I couldn't find a new one. Its in a pretty good condition now, but I wanted to get some new parts for it and I don't know where to find any. HELP! :D

2010.02.18, 01:22 AM
There are some MR-03 parts right down the block at ILR. :D

As for MR-01, good luck.

2010.02.18, 11:47 AM
the shop here still has cf h plates for the mr-01 i believe.

Aston DBR9
2010.02.18, 12:43 PM
Do you know if the ball diff from an MR-02 fits an MR-01?

2010.02.18, 12:50 PM
why not use an mr-02 motor pod/diff? it's been so long since i've thought about an mr-01 i don't recall if that creates any wheelbase issues.

essentially the only specific parts you need to worry about are the front end parts. not sure anymore if current rear suspension parts match mr-01 top cover screw points?

2010.02.19, 11:57 AM
We still have some MR-01 parts in stock (http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=405) at the Shop, and if we don't have what you need, give the Restock Requests (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=182) section a try! :)

2010.03.10, 08:21 AM
try www.******.com , they still have some mr01 parts

2010.03.10, 08:23 AM
w w w . r c m a r t . c o m

2010.03.10, 08:53 PM
Do you know if the ball diff from an MR-02 fits an MR-01?
the shaft of the mr02 is longer than the mr01... you could use the mr02 motorpod on the mr01 as suggested by arch2b though... and as for the h plate check out some cf ones as they last longer than the stock plastic ones... hope this helps... :D

2010.03.11, 12:15 PM
you could use the mr02 motorpod on the mr01 as suggested by arch2b

The screw pattern on the H plate is different between 02 and 01 so you cannot use an 02 H plate on the 01 without modifying it. To get something workable that doesn't move around under heavy cornering loads is not trivial...


2010.03.11, 02:24 PM
Pretty sure the motor mounts are interchangeable, I remember measuring this between my first IW01 and MR02. But you would have to buy an MR02 diff, which is more cash down the drain...

If you can't find what you need here, then eBay is probably your best bet. Lots of Chinese companies still sell old overstock on the bay, and I have definitely seen MR01 parts there before. Good luck. :)

2010.03.11, 02:32 PM


2010.03.11, 03:27 PM
I have a cup fill of mr01 parts from my old race mr01.

I have tie rods,h plates camber knucles. etc. You can use Mr02 diff parts but need to shim the diff ~ 3mm. I think I even have a rm pn motor mount for it. Let me know what you might interested and we can work out a deal.

Atlanta miniz

2010.03.12, 02:14 AM
i think you can still use the mr02 rm motorpod with the mr01 chassis if you use the mr01 h plate... (i will have to check this out though)... :D

in your case, you used the mm motorpod... with the mr02 h plate on the mr01... pretty cool conversion...

2010.03.12, 06:40 AM
You can use a mr02 motor pod but with a mr01 h plate. The h plate has gotten narrower on the chasis side in each generation on miniz.

MY 01 parts pile
tie rods.
medium carbon h plate
stock h plate.
ss shaft for steering
stock knuckles
2 degree kyosho knuckels
body clips.
the ani roll ball plastic peice and other small parts