PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Offsets for Mercedes C9

briankstan
2010.02.25, 01:46 PM
Anyone know what the wheel offsets for the Super Mercedes C9 are? one of the guys wants to use the PN Wheels and need to know what offset would work. Thanks.

oh, I need the offsets for a MR-02/03. :)

it's this body
http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/images/MZP329SM.jpg

Traveler
2010.02.25, 02:08 PM
Pretty sure the Sauber is the same as the LM Porsche, which I think is +2.7F and +3R, but I can check the Kyosho sheet when I get home to confirm.

I would recommend rounding down to the nearest PN offsets because the stock offsets usually leave too much wheel exposed.

briankstan
2010.02.25, 02:17 PM
any issue running the PN wheels on the LM bodies? I know the fronts are typically smaller.

I know that the LM bodies have different wheel sizes than the Racer bodies, I'm also not sure if he is using it on his MR-03 or if he got the MR-03 with it.

Traveler
2010.02.25, 02:33 PM
I have 2 Sauber bodies, but haven't run them yet. Generally, you can use Kyosho LM specifc tires or regular tires in the rear on 20mm rims. In the front, you can run LM tires on LM wheels or regular tires on 20mm rims.

PM PedroCamp who has been running this body at my LHS for a few weeks now.

MantisMMA
2010.02.25, 03:02 PM
you should use my wheels!! the fronts with normal tires is the same overall diameter as the LM wheels with LM tires.

Cherub1m
2010.02.25, 03:26 PM
yes it will take 2.7 and 3 off set front and back repectively but the +3 rears on this body is with an aftermarket or stock nonLM motor mount. If the person plans to run the stock LM motor mount then the off set will be +2.7 front and +1 in the rear.

Traveler
2010.02.25, 03:30 PM
Two great points!

hrdrvr
2010.02.25, 03:36 PM
yes it will take 2.7 and 3 off set front and back repectively .....

you should use my wheels!! the fronts with normal tires is the same overall diameter as the LM wheels with LM tires.

Looks like you need to make some with wide offsets ;) :p

bermbuster
2010.02.26, 09:36 AM

Are your wheels legal for the PN series???

Traveler
2010.02.26, 03:25 PM
Rear stock wheel offset is +0.8

MantisMMA
2010.02.26, 09:24 PM
Are your wheels legal for the PN series???

no rules against smaller dia wheels only the LM tires are illegal

bermbuster
2010.02.27, 02:11 AM

what are the dimensions? OD
Thanks...

bermbuster
2010.02.27, 02:13 AM
no rules against smaller dia wheels only the LM tires are illegal

from 2010 PN Rules....

Wheel Rims

l All brand Plastic and Aluminum rims are allowed. (except F1 Modified class and Pan Car Mod Class)

l 2WD Stock and GT Modified
Maximum front wheel width is 8.5mm. Maximum rear wheel width is 11mm. Maximum wheel diameter is 21mm. LM-size wheels and tires are NOT ALLOWED.

l F1 Modified Class must be use Kyosho F1 wheel rims, no any modifications

l Pan Car Class, must be using Kyosho or PN Wheel Rims.

l All wheel rims must be original, any modification is not allowed.

akura2
2010.04.11, 12:13 AM
I wonder why you can't you use LM Wheels and tires.... especially if the cars you're racing with come with them

bermbuster
2010.04.11, 08:28 AM
I wonder why you can't you use LM Wheels and tires.... especially if the cars you're racing with come with them

I sort of feel the same about using them. I made the investment in buying all the Kyosho tires so I could tune the grip. I like the look of the LM bodies with there wheels too....
Unfortunately not a lot of racers in my neck of the woods use 102mm bodies. I am in the minority.
I am happy that this year the LM bodies are now legal. I dont know how much of an advantage the LM tires/wheels give. I guess PN doesnt make or sell aftermarket LM wheels/tires and it is there racing series....
The ultimate purpose for PN is to sell more PN parts.....:cool:
I will slap some PN delrin wheels and PN tires on mine..........:D