PDA

View Full Version : MR-03 steering won't trim to center

akura2
2010.03.07, 04:10 AM
I just got a new MR-03 today and after I bind to my KT18, the steering is way off center... I've tried to trim all the way to the left but the wheels still point to the right a little... there's not subtrim, and i don't see any way to manually make the adjustment... I've bound my radio to my dNano and it works fine so I can't say it's the radio... any help would be appreciated.

thanks

color01
2010.03.07, 05:02 AM
Well, the 03 servo's all digital now, so if you actually get steering response (other than the trim issue), then either the IC chip that controls it is buggered, or the potentiometer is.

Try a new pot, see what happens. :)

deloreanaka8
2010.03.07, 07:36 AM
This is similar to wat I experienced in my old mr-02 when I changed from the normal radio to a stick one (I preffer stick radios).
The car couldn't center like you said, so what I did was open the radio and find the directional stick's potentiometer.
Than I connected both 02 and the radio and I kept turning the potentiometer with a screwdriver until the 02 hit the center position, of course I did this with the radio's trims all in neutral.
If you're secure to do the same to your radio I'm almost sure you will solve your problem.

Good luck! ;)

akura2
2010.03.07, 11:53 AM
Is there a way to manually set the gears on the servo like the way you remove a servo horn and recenter it on a standard servo?

EMU
2010.03.07, 02:06 PM
Try re-seating the first servo gear to the pot. Make sure that they are in alignment. If they are a little off, the servo wont center properly.

akura2
2010.03.07, 02:18 PM
Ok.. I'll try that... if not I'll have to call Kyosho tomorrow, or bring my car to RCX in two weeks.... the car will still be under warranty since I just got it yesterday... my MR03 also had a wacky body issue.... the rear body mounts on my Sauber made the body sit up about .5 inch too high in the rear... I saw on here that others have had the same issue with the Sauber... I had to pry off the bad mounts from the body and re-glue/re-position them.... Mine car was just "off" from the factory... must have been a friday afternoon or monday morning car...LOL thanks for the help guys... I'll do a couple of things and let you know what happened