PDA

View Full Version : FET and turbo

syafiq
2010.03.11, 02:10 AM
which one better using FET or turbo ?(in the term of running time)

how many FET layer that i need to add to use tamiya engine?

if i add FET layer or using turbo is the running time will be shorten?(without changing the motor)

s_m_z
2010.03.11, 02:52 AM
I used a tamiya motor with a 12 stack of fets, It had a higher top speed than my atomic chilli evo 37 kph vs 43 kph for the tamiya cant remember which one but its the green ended one, pick up did not match the chilli.

Action B
2010.03.11, 08:17 AM
which one better using FET or turbo ?(in the term of running time)

how many FET layer that i need to add to use tamiya engine?

if i add FET layer or using turbo is the running time will be shorten?(without changing the motor)

I don't know about the Tamiya engine in particular but a 2x3 of 8858 FETs will handle any 130 size motor including the ATomic Chili with ease.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself as it takes some precision soldering, I offer FET upgrades very inexpensively for my friends here on this forum:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33049

herman
2010.03.11, 09:55 PM
turbo... haven't heard that in a long time... except for ph2t's turbo, i don't believe that turbo's were commercially available for ma010... since one can easily get a fet job done...

haven't much experience with tamiya motors.... but just take action b's advice of upgrading the fets to 8858 two stacks of three... and get an awd specific motor...

hope this helps... :D