PDA

View Full Version : Dnano

Pages : [1] 2

JuniorWKR
2010.03.17, 10:22 AM
figured we had a thread for all the other classes and chassis might as well start a dnano specific thread too...

so to start things off here is a pic of the dnano i went with... waiting for a few hopup parts and will start posting pics of my setup...

anyone please feel free to chime in with their dnano experience....

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29493&stc=1&d=1268839327

Kevin S.
2010.03.17, 10:39 AM
Hey Junior, nice dNano that you picked up there. I got a McLaren dNano a few weeks back and I have continuely been upgrading it. I have the aluminum upper and lower plates, upgraded bearings, spring kit, aluminum wheel hubs, Kyosho Ball Diff, PN T-Paltes, PN Aluminum Wheels, and I have the 34T Spur gear with 7t pinion on there right now which I think I am going to change soon. I also have the X-Power Damper System on it. I also have the X-Speed Hot Motor. It is a lot of fun to mess around with. Enjoy the dNano experience :D

JuniorWKR
2010.03.17, 11:01 AM
yes sir... i cant wai to start running it..

JuniorWKR
2010.03.17, 11:09 AM
and stay tuned for the exclusive dnano carpet track...

cosmicsoul
2010.03.17, 11:23 AM
Hey Junior,

The dnano is pretty much like a tiny mro2. Most of the mm models run great of the box. They come with 10 rears and 50 fronts I think. The rears are good kyosho 40 fronts are great. Disk dampner is essential,the kyosho diff is good too. Bearings are nice as well.

JuniorWKR
2010.03.17, 11:36 AM
i think mine is a rear mount.. havent taken it outta the box yet as last night i was throwing everything away that got damage by the water in my garage from this past storm...

but im gonna tear into it pretty soon...

arch2b
2010.03.17, 11:39 AM
and stay tuned for the exclusive dnano carpet track...

are you building your own or will you be getting the same carpet track HT USA has for dnano's?

does the selective opening of the dnano market also include the timing system (commerical, not home version)? or will HT USA remain the exlcusive club for racing on the racednano website?

cosmicsoul
2010.03.17, 11:59 AM
Just in case you haven't already invested in a carpet track the RCP mini-96 is a great deal at $199.00 and ideal for these little cars. Carpet is good too, I just like RCP better.

The PN rims are really nice, you can get aluminumn hubs as well which are nice too. I haven't tried the PN or atomic T plates however the Kyosho mediums seem to work great. I am also using gold springs in the front. The front spring are super tiny.

These cars are alot of fun especially on ful size RCP they are superfast with the X speed motor. I hope the scale really takes off!

Sinister_Y
2010.03.17, 12:34 PM
FYI, all the experiences communicated from dNaNo racers regarding carpet and felt (HTUSA tracks) are that the tiny hairs contaminate the bearings quickly and frequently. Save yourself a future headache and use a foam or rubber-plastic track.

My shop is currently using RCP for dNaNo. Again, I'd recommend foam instead of carpet (and I love carpet for R/C in general).

Another manufacturer for foam tracks is Porta-trax.

Additionally, take a look at RealTracks. They've got a different option for dNaNo (and mini-z too). It's a special rubber/plastic mix. Basically I'll describe it as slot car type track without the grooves.

Go the dNaNo forums to get some videos of ppl running stock cars on RealTracks, RCP and Porta-trax.

Congrats and welcome to the micro-world of dNaNo!

JuniorWKR
2010.03.17, 03:20 PM
thank you for the info... i will ask maj to look into it...

bermbuster
2010.03.17, 07:20 PM
Im getting mine on Friday.....Porsche 917.....
I have a question????
what screwdrivers do you guys use???
Kyosho has a set that retails for $45.....

mleemor60
2010.03.17, 07:26 PM
Wiha has an excellent set for mid $20's Available from A****n. It comes with the very small 0 and 00 tips that are necessary.

cosmicsoul
2010.03.17, 07:28 PM
To be honest the screwdriver the kit comes with although tiny works better than any I have tried.

bermbuster
2010.03.17, 07:48 PM
thanx for the input guys....

I found this Dnano reference chart.....

http://hobby-japan.net/pdf/dnano_parts_list.pdf

Sinister_Y
2010.03.17, 10:07 PM
That chart is available direct from Kyosho using this link:

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/dnano/pdf/dnano_parts-tekigou100125.pdf

Also note that I made up individual sheet for my favourite ones in TinyRC forum:

http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24416

Cheers!

Slubben
2010.03.18, 07:51 AM
What is the situation with Dnano availability in the U.S.? I was just on the Kyosho website and the released a CR5 Vette last month... Any chance that will be available?

arch2b
2010.03.18, 08:18 AM
What is the situation with Dnano availability in the U.S.? I was just on the Kyosho website and the released a CR5 Vette last month... Any chance that will be available?

the u.s. receives kyosho inventory approx. 1 month after it's released in the jpn market. if i recall, sinister said it should be arriving soon.

Sinister_Y
2010.03.18, 08:34 AM
I've been informed that the Kyosho dNaNo Corvette (sweet!) is arriving in the US around March 26th.

arch2b
2010.03.18, 09:00 AM
in general, i highly suggest participating in the dnano forum on tinyrc (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=157) as this is an active hub of information and discussion. you will find everything you need there and if not, it gets answered quickly.

JuniorWKR
2010.03.18, 09:24 AM
i heard the vette is bas a$$... cant wait to see it go in person...

is it a mid or rear mount?...

bermbuster
2010.03.18, 03:35 PM
in general, i highly suggest participating in the dnano forum on tinyrc (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=157) as this is an active hub of information and discussion. you will find everything you need there and if not, it gets answered quickly.

thanks for the advice Arch...
Maj is going to put in a Dnano track and we are trying to sway some mini z racers from the NYC area to come and race with us....We will definitely participate at tiny racer too.....:cool:

machgo5go
2010.03.18, 04:00 PM
Maj is going to put in a Dnano track and we are trying to sway some mini z racers from the NYC area to come and race with us....We will definitely participate at tiny racer too.....:cool:
I wait till all you guys started to run good on new track and then I invest one.

EMU
2010.03.18, 04:18 PM
I really need to figure out how to get out there without a ride... I miss racing at MHS, and Dnano Racing sounds sick!!!

hilldebrandt
2010.03.18, 07:53 PM
I stopped in at Maj's today and saw one up close for the first time...

I can't believe how friggin small they are ! :eek:
Heck, I have trouble putting screws into a mini-z, let alone these cars.
they do seem really neat, though....

arch2b
2010.03.18, 10:03 PM

let me know if you need a tracks forum on tinyrc :)

JuniorWKR
2010.03.19, 10:26 AM
man i cant wait to start racing these things.... i think its gonna make for some sick competition....

ROBG
2010.03.19, 12:49 PM
i wonder do these things flip a lot? atleast if theres a crash the marsheling will be super easy and quick.

JuniorWKR
2010.03.19, 12:52 PM
i wonder do these things flip a lot? atleast if theres a crash the marsheling will be super easy and quick.

they run with a gyro... flipping will be at a minimum... big fun in a small car...

kinda like the chubby girl you always had the hots for but just didnt wanna get caught with her when your friends came around.... ;):rolleyes::D

ROBG
2010.03.19, 12:59 PM
they run with a gyro... flipping will be at a minimum... big fun in a small car...

kinda like the chubby girl you always had the hots for but just didnt wanna get caught with her when your friends came around.... ;):rolleyes::D

lol, you have a gift with the analogies:p

JuniorWKR
2010.03.22, 12:41 PM
has anyone tried using the pn tires for the dnano?.. are they they same in camparison to to the tires for the miniz when it comes to the compund number... or are they a totally different batch?... thanks in advance for the help... and does anyone have a reference chart to what the wheel offsets are for each body?...

Kevin S.
2010.03.22, 04:07 PM
has anyone tried using the pn tires for the dnano?.. are they they same in camparison to to the tires for the miniz when it comes to the compund number... or are they a totally different batch?... thanks in advance for the help... and does anyone have a reference chart to what the wheel offsets are for each body?...

Hey Junior,
I have ordered some of the PN Tires but I have not had a chance to test them out yet. As soon as I get a chance to do some testing, I will give you my opinion on them. Also, here is a link to the Kyosho site that has some dNANO information that I think is very helpful. I hope this helps answer any questions that you may have.
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/dnano/pdf/DNFX101-OP14_dNaNo_OPLVol.14.pdf

machgo5go
2010.03.24, 04:54 PM
It's a repost but it will on one sick race so check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm0QvD4Uodk&NR=1

Kevin S.
2010.03.26, 09:07 AM
Hey Junior, have you run the dNANO yet? How do you like it?

JuniorWKR
2010.03.26, 09:11 AM
i ran it yesterday bone stock outside of the gyro... it was pretty amazing... the stock tires stink... Maj got the pn tires in for it and tpaltes so im gonna have to start messing around with it this weekend...

Kevin S.
2010.03.26, 09:15 AM
i ran it yesterday bone stock outside of the gyro... it was pretty amazing... the stock tires stink... Maj got the pn tires in for it and tpaltes so im gonna have to start messing around with it this weekend...

Yeah, they are definitely fun to drive. Wait till you start adding all of the hop up options. You will be pleasantly surprised at how well the car handles. What pinion are you running on it right now?

JuniorWKR
2010.03.26, 09:21 AM
right now the biggest one... but i will have to see what the gearing will be once the dnano track is completed... its gonna be a smaller tighter track to make for some competitive racing...

Sinister_Y
2010.03.26, 09:24 AM
PN dNaNo tires are silicon based and follow the same values as the PN Mini-Z tires. So an 8 rear is the same as Mini-Z 8 rear.

The PN tires are wider than the stock Kyosho tires. Some like this, others not. I personally have so far stuck with stock Kyosho rear (which is 10 degrees) and now use a Kyosho 40 front. I was using PN 45. My car is the Motul Z. Note that I carry Atomic, PN and Kyosho tires at my shop, so I'll try them all out at some point.

Related to tires is what surface you'll be running on. The above is in reference to RCP track,however there are several track options available. My shop will be testing the RealTracks product shortly. Here is video of them running at HTUSA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e9vS40ggbo

Most of the cars in that video are using box-stock setups including tires.

Here is an example on Realtracks with non-stock tires:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmoPaC-1anM

He is running the following:

-front silver spring soft / FA 40 degree tire
rear hard plate / RA 20 degree tire
ICS gyro setting Max

Cheers

JuniorWKR
2010.03.26, 09:47 AM
wow... thanks for the info and the vids...

we will be running on rcp... so i will work my setup towards that...

Kevin S.
2010.03.26, 09:59 AM
Great videos Sinister and thank you for the information as well. Here is another video I found that is really cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDx0p8euVSo&feature=related

JuniorWKR
2010.03.26, 10:06 AM
sinister... what setups are more popular by you... the mid mount or rear mount?...

JuniorWKR
2010.04.26, 09:16 AM
heres a sneak peak of my painted dnano gallardo body...

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29742&stc=1&d=1272291362

ROBG
2010.04.26, 09:35 AM

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29742&stc=1&d=1272291362

looks great as usual, that last vid post by Kevin is sick! those dnano's are fast, if we can tune them like that we can use the existing track.

JuniorWKR
2010.04.26, 09:49 AM
yeah... that guy with the white car was wheelin it out there... that boy can drive..

Sinister_Y
2010.04.26, 11:42 AM
Hi Junior,

Best-sellers are by body choice, not by MM or RM (chassis config). Basically, people buy the car they like.

Right now, the touring cars are the best sellers.

For me personally, I picked the Motul Z 2007. It's looks cool, but really I picked it because it is MM and it has the same offset front and rear. I thought that this would make for a stable car.

re: RCP setup, check out the 'Tech tips" section of my site (link in my signature below). I have write ups on the Motul Z 2007 dNaNo. Also, someone much more knowledgeable on dNaNo is Q'on from Nanotrax.net, so check him out.

His shop doesn't use RCP, but does use foam, but setups maybe more applicable than what I will be using for RealTracks.

Kevin S.
2010.04.26, 02:32 PM

Looking real good Junior. I can't believe how well that is coming out for such a small scale body. I know I have said this before but your painter has some serious skills. Have you done anything to the dNANO lately?

Kevin S.
2010.04.26, 03:04 PM
looks great as usual, that last vid post by Kevin is sick! those dnano's are fast, if we can tune them like that we can use the existing track.

Hey Rob,
That guy's dNANO was extremely fast. I have no idea how to get my dNANO to go that fast either and stay so planted to the RCP. It is my understanding that depending on what size rear wheel you use depends upon the maximum size pinion you can use with a certain spur gear.

Here is a link to a nice Spur Gear/Pinion Gear combo that Olafius has put together. He is one of the local racers that races @ Nano Trax.
http://www.nanotrax.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=272

JuniorWKR
2010.05.13, 09:01 AM
my painted dnano body...

Kevin S.
2010.05.13, 10:33 AM
my painted dnano body...

It looks awesome Junior. I can't believe how he was able to put so much detail on that body. Amazing

kwikvdub
2010.05.13, 03:33 PM
Nice job JR.!!........ When are we racing them??:D

JuniorWKR
2010.05.19, 09:08 AM
i purchased my dnano with the gallardo body... it came as a rear mount setup... can i switch to a mid mount setup and keep that body?...

LogicBytes
2010.05.19, 10:20 PM
Nice paint job lots of detail. I
Kevin remind me to bring my dnano Saturday so we can do some testing.

Slubben
2010.11.05, 07:37 AM
Picked this little gem up last night from Maj. It's awesome!

ROBG
2010.11.05, 08:00 AM
that is so sick Sean, i'm going to have to get one. Thanks for letting me test drive yesterday.:cool:

Slubben
2010.11.05, 08:23 AM
Anytime Rob. I look forward to watching you work on one :D

ROBG
2010.11.05, 09:13 AM
Anytime Rob. I look forward to watching you work on one :D

:mad: that's what I have you for :D

machgo5go
2010.11.05, 11:34 AM
Picked this little gem up last night from Maj. It's awesome! It ran great yesterday so now you got me hooked & ordered!:eek:

Slubben
2010.11.05, 12:10 PM
That's what I like to hear Eddie! And yesterday I wasn't even that scared that you were going to step on it! :D

machgo5go
2010.11.05, 12:27 PM
That's what I like to hear Eddie! And yesterday I wasn't even that scared that you were going to step on it! :D
http://www.kyosho.com/common/image.php?id=123378
Step on this!;)

Slubben
2010.11.05, 12:32 PM
That's NICE!!!!

arch2b
2010.11.05, 04:00 PM
have you been told when the gt-r will be available? no one i know of has been given a u.s. release date.

bermbuster
2010.11.05, 06:11 PM
have you been told when the gt-r will be available? no one i know of has been given a u.s. release date.

Eddie sends his workers to Japan to buy for him......:cool:
It must be nice to be a big boss....:D

Slubben
2010.11.06, 08:38 PM
Did my first mod today, a PN t plate, even with the washers it was still easy. If I can work in these anyone can.

machgo5go
2010.11.06, 08:47 PM
Eddie sends his workers to Japan to buy for him......:cool:
It must be nice to be a big boss....:D
Good thinking George but Maj will not be happy so I'll be patience.
It is release as of this month in JP but it is all up to Kyosho America now.
Yen is too strong so tough to make $$ here.

Storm of Dnano interests at the new track lead by Sean & JR during last night's Club racing break between heats. We almost forgot to run the Mains!

Slubben
2010.11.06, 09:35 PM
Im pretty sure I see the C5 Vette in my future

bermbuster
2010.11.07, 06:43 AM
i like that Vette too....:cool:

Cherub1m
2010.11.07, 07:26 AM
Nice Dnanos guys. Dont forget you need a Damper System, and a Gyro. The Gryro is very important to drive at this scale. I dont know what to saywith Ball bearings and Ball diff some say those are important also (I dont know I dont have those). I got a TRP Gyro from Maj and all I can say is it is the exact same thing has the Kyosho Dnano Gyro. Only difference is it does not have the KOPROPO sign on it and it has the same lenght wire has the Kyosho MR03 Gyro, which is nice because if you want you can use it for the MR03. All the settings and performance of the TRP Gyro are the same has the Kyosho one.

Slubben
2010.11.07, 09:59 AM
Ive been driving my nano gyroless and as of right now I'm not 100 percent sure its completely necessary but I have a feeling that it will break down to this: if you want to leave your car stock the gyro will make it perform well however if you like to tinker I think with the proper mods you can get the car just as good and also know its all you and not the gyro doing it right.

arch2b
2010.11.07, 10:03 AM
i'm not convinced the gyro is required either. i've driven with it installed and without and ball bearings and rear damper make more of a difference in my opinion.

BuzzJGC
2010.11.07, 12:33 PM
Ive been driving my nano gyroless and as of right now I'm not 100 percent sure its completely necessary but I have a feeling that it will break down to this: if you want to leave your car stock the gyro will make it perform well however if you like to tinker I think with the proper mods you can get the car just as good and also know its all you and not the gyro doing it right.

Gonna cut you.

Slubben
2010.11.07, 12:49 PM
Gonna cut you.

I'm just saying you can probably go one way or the other and be fine. Its all about personal preferance.

bermbuster
2010.11.07, 03:01 PM
I'm just saying you can probably go one way or the other and be fine. Its all about personal preferance.

I agree with you Sean....
I even have a rear mount motor....(i love the 917)
we will see how everything runs soon enough....

I was looking for the Vette and I can only find the body...
none of the change parts....

doug01n
2010.11.07, 07:37 PM
I think that my friends and I will be entering the d-nano club... Just bought 4 of this little beauties... ;)
I'll try to take some interesting pics when I got then. :D

Slubben
2010.11.07, 08:15 PM
Thanks. It's always great to see how other racers across the world do things!

JuniorWKR
2010.11.08, 09:09 AM
i drilled a hole in my tplate which helped with the rotation... im gonn apick up a pn tplate though as this should be what i need with the slower more agressive turns on the layout...

Slubben
2010.11.08, 09:42 AM
I am running the hardest PN t-plate right now but, still using the stock tires. The car turned much better but, I am going to experiment with tires this week.

bermbuster
2010.11.09, 05:26 AM
What will we be using for lap counting?
The Dnano system?
Or the new version Giro Zs?
The new Giro transponders are sick. They are almost half the size of the original transponder....:D and they will work in a normal mini z as well....

Slubben
2010.11.09, 07:39 AM
The DNano track is shaping up nicely. Maj, Junior & I were tearing it up last night. Can't wait for the rest of you guys to get out there!!

bermbuster
2010.11.09, 05:26 PM
The DNano track is shaping up nicely. Maj, Junior & I were tearing it up last night. Can't wait for the rest of you guys to get out there!!
This is our last weekend of football and our Dnanos are itching for some action....

Slubben
2010.11.11, 09:17 AM
I'll be whipping mine around tonight. Anyone else???

JuniorWKR
2010.11.11, 09:21 AM
i wil have mine with me... just charge my battery for me..

BuzzJGC
2010.11.11, 11:46 AM
I'll be whipping mine around tonight. Anyone else???

someone didn't order mine yet... :(

Hoping for next week sometime.

koopal
2010.11.11, 01:10 PM
can somebody post a pic of the
new dnano track ....please misssterrrrr....:D

machgo5go
2010.11.12, 04:08 PM
someone didn't order mine yet... :(

Hoping for next week sometime.
One I want is no where being avaliable. Even at home of the rising sun!

Slubben
2010.11.14, 08:24 PM
I challenge anyone to beat my Dnano.

herman
2010.11.14, 08:41 PM
The new Giro transponders are sick. They are almost half the size of the original transponder....:D and they will work in a normal mini z as well....

hi mind posting a pic of one installed? and one compared to the old transponder?

thanks in advance... :D

ROBG
2010.11.14, 09:00 PM
I challenge anyone to beat my Dnano.

I'll challenge you any day. Just have to borrow one of Maj's batteries and have you charge it. Oh you probably mean others in the shop.:D

Cherub1m
2010.11.16, 10:52 AM
can somebody post a pic of the
new dnano track ....please misssterrrrr....:D

Yeah I'd like to see a pic of the completed track also.

Koopal, what video cam did you use to record some of the races? It looked like it was a smart phone, but I am not sure. Let me know when you get this

Thanks

koopal
2010.11.16, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=Cherub1m;397961]Yeah I'd like to see a pic of the completed track also.

Koopal, what video cam did you use to record some of the races? It looked like it was a smart phone, but I am not sure. Let me know when you get this

Thanks

herman
2010.11.16, 09:42 PM
hmm... koopal... just wondering... are you pinoy? :D

Cherub1m
2010.11.17, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=Cherub1m;397961]Yeah I'd like to see a pic of the completed track also.

Thanks

:confused::confused::confused: What video equipment did you use? a real video recorder or a smart phone? or something else?

Slubben
2010.11.17, 01:10 PM
It seems that the link to the videocamera was deleted. it was a Kodak.

ROBG
2010.11.17, 02:55 PM
It seems that the link to the videocamera was deleted. it was a Kodak.

I think Eddie Lee had it taken off because it's not a FUJI. :D

ruf993
2010.11.18, 02:37 PM
:cool:Dnano track and lap counting is up and running...

First test race this friday!:)

See us live now
http://www.stickam.com/majhobbystore

bermbuster
2010.11.18, 06:54 PM
:cool:Dnano track and lap counting is up and running...

First test race this friday!:)

See us live now
http://www.stickam.com/majhobbystore

very nice...

Slubben
2010.11.18, 08:02 PM
Lap counting system works great. Now who is going to bring their Dnanos tomorrow to give it a real run thru?

machgo5go
2010.11.18, 09:12 PM
Lap counting system works great. Now who is going to bring their Dnanos tomorrow to give it a real run thru?
The King of Dnano is looking for challengers!:cool:

bermbuster
2010.11.18, 10:15 PM
Saturday afternoon.....:cool:

BuzzJGC
2010.11.19, 08:45 AM
Charger stand - CHECK
Battery charged? - CHECK
DNANO - CHEC... ohh damn still isn't here!

hopefully by tonight!

Slubben
2010.11.19, 09:52 AM
Charger stand - CHECK
Battery charged? - CHECK

hopefully by tonight!

I'm holding your DNano hostage while I paint it pink and get some My Little Pony stickers for it because we all know that's how you roll!

ruf993
2010.11.19, 10:27 AM
Charger stand - CHECK
Battery charged? - CHECK

hopefully by tonight!

Since these nano's has buily-in transponders I was able to boost up the RF on the ICS lapcounter and was able to track your Dnano location Buzz.

Here is the Map location:

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy104/Majsrc/Sean.jpg

:eek:

BuzzJGC
2010.11.19, 07:57 PM
tooo much time on your hands!

machgo5go
2010.11.20, 12:50 AM
Charger stand - CHECK
Battery charged? - CHECK

hopefully by tonight!
I just spend $150 + in same & hopped up parts and I don't even have a car yet!

bermbuster
2010.11.20, 07:27 AM
I just spend $150 + in same & hopped up parts and I don't even have a car yet!

You didnt spend...you invested in your race team....:D

machgo5go
2010.11.20, 08:56 AM
You didnt spend...you invested in your race team....:DMakes me feel much better George since it is suppose to be a supplement to my team & here it is!
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh123/machgo5go/DnanoGTR003Medium.jpg

bermbuster
2010.11.21, 05:52 AM
Makes me feel much better George since it is suppose to be a supplement to my team & here it is!
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh123/machgo5go/DnanoGTR003Medium.jpg

Awesome.....Did you get the hop ups installed?? I wanted to come play yesterday but Im just too busy.
I have been running my Dnano in the house and my dog almost ate it :eek:

machgo5go
2010.11.21, 05:58 AM
Awesome.....Did you get the hop ups installed?? I wanted to come play yesterday but Im just too busy.
I have been running my Dnano in the house and my dog almost ate it :eek:Yea, it is done. I will stop by at 1 pm to Maj and continue to tune with Sean. Are you game?

bermbuster
2010.11.21, 10:51 AM
Yea, it is done. I will stop by at 1 pm to Maj and continue to tune with Sean. Are you game?
I got a few errands to run and think I will make it....
hope i can fit the Dnano gear in my truck.....:D

machgo5go
2010.11.22, 07:46 PM
I got a few errands to run and think I will make it....
hope i can fit the Dnano gear in my truck.....:D
All these hopped up parts end up running best on the RCP Mini Z track flying!

bermbuster
2010.11.23, 05:31 AM
All these hopped up parts end up running best on the RCP Mini Z track flying!

Too bad you broke the mirror off the Nissan.....(Honda Karma)

machgo5go
2010.11.23, 05:39 AM
Too bad you broke the mirror off the Nissan.....(Honda Karma) Yea, next body will still be a Nissan but in Super GT series & more parts may fly off!

Slubben
2010.11.23, 08:23 AM
Ill be sure to make sure the other mirror flies off soon enough :eek:

machgo5go
2010.11.23, 08:43 AM
Ill be sure to make sure the other mirror flies off soon enough :eek:Too late, my finger did that!:p

koopal
2010.11.24, 09:52 AM
hmm... koopal... just wondering... are you pinoy? :D

opo........ :)

koopal
2010.11.26, 08:48 PM
DIY Dnano track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4AwiTYgX9Q

joey
2010.11.26, 09:11 PM
DIY Dnano track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4AwiTYgX9Q

nice use of the Wii controllers ;)

koopal
2010.11.26, 10:09 PM
Joeeeeey........:rolleyes:

i'm looking for a border/barrier,
i went to a local home improvement store
(dont want to be edited again...:D )
& picked up a pipe insulator & weather stripping just to try it. :cool:

bermbuster
2010.11.27, 02:04 PM
Joeeeeey........:rolleyes:

i'm looking for a border/barrier,
i went to a local home improvement store
(dont want to be edited again...:D )
& picked up a pipe insulator & weather stripping just to try it. :cool:

get rope....you can use shrink tube on the ends....this way you can make a decreasing or increasing radius turns.....

ROBG
2010.11.27, 03:14 PM
get rope....you can use shrink tube on the ends....this way you can make a decreasing or increasing radius turns.....

Cheap and effective, nice suggestion. Also, maybe use Velcro to hold it in place because it's easy to remove and relocate.

hyper-me
2010.11.30, 10:44 PM
I think rope would be too hard on dnano bodies when they hit it though

koopal
2010.12.01, 12:27 AM
thanx for the input guys. ;)
i found this poly foam caulk saver,
its like a foam rope.

new video; dnano track (DIY) 2 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oQVuXS4uNo

herman
2010.12.01, 01:54 AM
opo........ :)

coolness... hope you wouldn't mind dropping in on this thread (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8744&highlight=pinoy&page=10)... :D

sorry for being off topic... now back to topic... :D

bermbuster
2010.12.01, 06:09 AM
coolness... hope you wouldn't mind dropping in on this thread (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8744&highlight=pinoy&page=10)... :D

sorry for being off topic... now back to topic... :D

your always welcome in our threads......
you need to be prepared for when you visit the NYC metro area....:cool:

bermbuster
2010.12.01, 06:19 AM
I think rope would be too hard on dnano bodies when they hit it though
Get a polyester/dacron sail rope or some mountain climbing rope.They are smooth and slippery...;) They also come in kool colors....

herman
2010.12.01, 11:17 PM
you need to be prepared for when you visit the NYC metro area.

thanks for the invite berm... my brother in law lives on long island... if everything goes well might visit them next year... anybody know if there are any tracks on long island?

would also appreciate a list of tracks in ny too... again sorry to be off topic... :D

oh.. the link to the thead i posted is supposed to ''informally track'' forum members that are ''pinoy'' or people who come from the philippines...

thus far there are 38 who actually looked and signed up... plus koopal that makes 39...

now back on topic... :D

herman
2010.12.01, 11:18 PM
Get a polyester/dacron sail rope or some mountain climbing rope.They are smooth and slippery...;) They also come in kool colors....

get one in bright orange or yellow for better visibility... :D

ROBG
2010.12.08, 11:00 AM
so I got my second Dnano on order with Maj and i'm going to order the Audi R8 body, it looks so sick!

Slubben
2010.12.08, 11:12 AM
Only 1000,00000,0000 THAI BOT!

JuniorWKR
2010.12.08, 11:13 AM
very nice...

ROBG
2010.12.08, 01:33 PM
Only 1000,00000,0000 THAI BOT!

wow that's cheap!!!:D

hyper-me
2010.12.08, 02:25 PM
Which dnano did you order

so I got my second Dnano on order with Maj and i'm going to order the Audi R8 body, it looks so sick!

ROBG
2010.12.08, 03:00 PM
Which dnano did you order

I ordered the Lambo so i can put the Audi R8 body on it.

machgo5go
2010.12.08, 07:16 PM
I ordered the Lambo so i can put the Audi R8 body on it.
Sean wannabe!

Slubben
2010.12.08, 07:51 PM
Sean wannabe!

Everybody wants to be like Seany

ROBG
2010.12.08, 08:30 PM
Sean wannabe!

no mine is different and by different I mean better, don't be sore because you don't like your GTR. :D

ROBG
2010.12.08, 08:35 PM
Everybody wants to be like Seany

It's no surprise that there has always been an unspoken rivalry between us to see who is the best Sean. :cool::D

hyper-me
2010.12.08, 08:49 PM
I wish they would do a race livery. A Newman would be awesome. I have almost every dnano race body.

ROBG
2010.12.08, 09:04 PM
I wish they would do a race livery. A Newman would be awesome. I have almost every dnano race body.

That's sick! What a collection! Want to give me any?:D

hyper-me
2010.12.08, 09:45 PM
i cant give my cars today

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/mnstrjam/SANY0731.jpg

10 chassis, 16 autoscales lol I think im missing 3 race liverys and for the reord they are not all mine . the red 360 belongs to my 11 year old daughter and the silver porsche belongs to my 5 year old son.

ROBG
2010.12.09, 07:14 AM
i cant give my cars today

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/mnstrjam/SANY0731.jpg

10 chassis, 16 autoscales lol I think im missing 3 race liverys and for the reord they are not all mine . the red 360 belongs to my 11 year old daughter and the silver porsche belongs to my 5 year old son.

WOW, that's an amazing collection, you have a nice track in the area to run them on?

hyper-me
2010.12.09, 07:18 AM
I have a 10 or 12 x 28 ft. rcp track in my basement. I run with my kids and my brother and his kids come over to race (they have their own cars) I dont own a mini-z but im going to get one soon, i posted a dnano here for trade in the marketplace because their is a mini-z race track opening near me in the spring. also check out my thread in general forum for "dnano, my 2cents"

ROBG
2010.12.09, 07:45 AM
I have a 10 or 12 x 28 ft. rcp track in my basement. I run with my kids and my brother and his kids come over to race (they have their own cars) I dont own a mini-z but im going to get one soon, i posted a dnano here for trade in the marketplace because their is a mini-z race track opening near me in the spring. also check out my thread in general forum for "dnano, my 2cents"

that's convienent, a nice track in your house. Mini-z is a lot of fun, to me it's a little more technical than the dnano, but it's nice to have the best of both worlds.

machgo5go
2010.12.09, 07:53 AM
no mine is different and by different I mean better, don't be sore because you don't like your GTR. :D
I don't like street cars, I want Race cars so where is my Nissan Super GT body since still no where to be found domestically unless Gray Market???:(

lilmj44
2010.12.09, 11:11 AM
I don't like street cars, I want Race cars so where is my Nissan Super GT body since still no where to be found domestically unless Gray Market???:(

eddie u should just wait and get the track car the one you want....be patient..haha

ROBG
2010.12.09, 11:15 AM

It seems that the nanotrax site is pretty good with new items.

ROBG
2010.12.09, 11:21 AM
It seems that the nanotrax site is pretty good with new items.

Is this what your looking for? $40 on nanotrax, I'm hoping Maj can stock what they can soon, and would try to put all orders through him obviously if he can get it.

machgo5go
2010.12.09, 01:02 PM
Is this what your looking for? $40 on nanotrax, I'm hoping Maj can stock what they can soon, and would try to put all orders through him obviously if he can get it.http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30979&d=1291915247
Yes, that's the one. Maj already inquired from Kyosho America and of course they are like pulling teeth because Dnano is not popular selling item. I know Nanotrax oversea & others Gray Market can get it quicker but I wait for Maj eventually getting it. Dnano to me is just a side kick to our Mini Z craze.

ROBG
2010.12.09, 01:05 PM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30979&d=1291915247
Yes, that's the one. Maj already inquired from Kyosho America and of course they are like pulling teeth because Dnano is not popular selling item. I know Nanotrax oversea & others Gray Market can get it quicker but I wait for Maj eventually getting it. Dnano to me is just a side kick to our Mini Z craze.

i think the 2 go hand and hand. I hope Maj can work something out with one of these sites, imagine he's as stacked with Dnano as he is with Mini-Z?!:eek:

machgo5go
2010.12.09, 01:22 PM
i think the 2 go hand and hand. I hope Maj can work something out with one of these sites, imagine he's as stacked with Dnano as he is with Mini-Z?!:eek:Well, it all comes down to Supply & Demand and right now I think Demand is still weak.

koopal
2010.12.09, 01:50 PM
well, it all comes down to supply & demand and right now i think demand is still weak.

demand !!!!!!!!!!! is it strong enough ? :D

ROBG
2010.12.09, 01:58 PM
demand !!!!!!!!!!! is it strong enough ? :D

:D I think this will take off at Maj's, I mean almost everyone has one or even two so I think it's just a matter of time.

Slubben
2010.12.09, 02:01 PM
I hope it will too but, what Eddie is saying is that Kyosho bases what they produce on the demand for the products in Japan. If there is little demand in Japan they don't produce.

ROBG
2010.12.09, 02:16 PM
I hope it will too but, what Eddie is saying is that Kyosho bases what they produce on the demand for the products in Japan. If there is little demand in Japan they don't produce.

Even if they see things picking up state side? Also Kyosho isn't the only player in this game in terms of the hop-ups and such. I guess we will have to load up on what we can get to keep this thing alive.

bermbuster
2010.12.09, 07:59 PM
:D I think this will take off at Maj's, I mean almost everyone has one or even two so I think it's just a matter of time.

Just remember the Dnano has been out for 3 years already.....
I would like to see it take off at Majs.....we just have to hope
Kyosho keeps making them and more of them.....

I know I want the Vette....:cool:

ROBG
2010.12.09, 10:47 PM
Just remember the Dnano has been out for 3 years already.....
I would like to see it take off at Majs.....we just have to hope
Kyosho keeps making them and more of them.....

I know I want the Vette....:cool:

yeah, the vette's sick

hyper-me
2010.12.14, 05:42 AM
need help, if anyone has ordered a new body and parts fitting kit then they likely have an extra set of front knuckle arms. they are the parts where the bearings go in on the front wheels and come in either a or b configuration. the difference is the offset of the pins and I need a set of the "a" config. if you are not sure what you have just let me know your original car and what you changed to and i can tell you if they were the same and you have an extra.

if anyone ever needs a part let me know because i have a lot of extras like upper and lower suspension plates, tie rods, "b" front knuckle arms, etc...

hyper-me
2010.12.14, 11:49 PM
my basement track, current length is 25 feet and consists of 75 rcp tiles. still not sure what im going to use for borders. right now it is a simple non technical track with wide lanes while I teach my 5 year old son to drive :D

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/mnstrjam/SANY0734.jpg

bermbuster
2010.12.15, 04:59 AM
my basement track, current length is 25 feet and consists of 75 rcp tiles. still not sure what im going to use for borders. right now it is a simple non technical track with wide lanes while I teach my 5 year old son to drive :D

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/mnstrjam/SANY0734.jpg

nice track.....
Make a Figure 8.....It will get your son up to speed quick....:cool:
It will teach him how to drive a car coming at you and going away
along with gap selection (when to slow or speed up for traffic)

hyper-me
2010.12.15, 07:28 AM
we actually stand where the cas is so we do controll the cars coming and going :D

doug01n
2010.12.16, 01:17 PM
Here's some pictures of my new body...

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4010/dsc09080q.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9210/dsc09079.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5845/dsc09078h.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2236/dsc09077b.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1775/dsc09076.jpg

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/593/dsc09075h.jpg

And a comparative one, beside to a mouse... and part of the family... the dNaNo Subaru Imprezam, Mini-z Delorean, Cooper and FXX, and the Burago Die cast red Cooper...

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4637/dsc09081fm.jpg

:D

ROBG
2010.12.16, 01:31 PM
WOW!!!! nice collection!

hyper-me
2010.12.16, 03:18 PM
nice, I want that green body too ! I have it in yellow and it is my main racer.

ROBG
2010.12.21, 07:51 PM
does anyone have pic's of the new track to post????:eek:

ruf993
2010.12.22, 09:39 PM
From what I gather guys wants to try racing Monday nights for Dnano's

Let's give it a shot this coming Monday!:cool:

So calling all Dnano's in the tri-state or who ever wants to come.

Racing At MHS starts at 7pm.

Let me know who is in:

ROBG
2010.12.22, 09:54 PM
yeeeaaaaahhhhhh, i'm in!!!!!!!:D

bermbuster
2011.01.01, 06:13 PM
What an awesome first race......
The track is amazing!!!
The racing was intense.....The barriers are friendly and the Dnanos are so much fun to drive.

Congrats to Alex "Mini Maj" for not only winning the B main to winning the A main as well. He was driving a nearly flawless race (at one time he was on a 100 lap pace) His Dad was close waiting to strike but the younger Alex was on fire.......:cool: Cant wait till we race again.....:D

machgo5go
2011.01.01, 07:26 PM
What an awesome first race......
The track is amazing!!!
The racing was intense.....The barriers are friendly and the Dnanos are so much fun to drive.

Congrats to Alex "Mini Maj" for not only winning the B main to winning the A main as well. He was driving a nearly flawless race (at one time he was on a 100 lap pace) His Dad was close waiting to strike but the younger Alex was on fire.......:cool: Cant wait till we race again.....:DHear it all from you guys today having such great time on 1st. out run.
I knew Mini Maj is Mr. dNANO in taking it all so good job Alex!
So lets see if we Dnano fans can make Saturday's Dnano racing :cool:as part of Maj's Racing schedule besides our Regular Friday night's Mini Z club racing.

Slubben
2011.01.01, 09:36 PM
DNano racing was awesome!! Can't wait til next week.

hyper-me
2011.01.01, 09:56 PM
Did Maj run that Bette I sent him? I still have a couple left for sale or trade

machgo5go
2011.01.01, 10:18 PM
Did Maj run that Bette I sent him? I still have a couple left for sale or tradeThe Man who claim is "Awesome" is the new owner and he is loving it!

JuniorWKR
2011.02.17, 12:06 PM
Just a heads up with some dnano news... Starting Mon Feb 28th we will officially be racing dnanos...

Im going to see how it works if we start around 530... being its a mon and it will only be dnano racing im sure everyone would appreciate a early night while also getting in some good racing...

so all you dnano maniacs out there get ur cars ready for some racing... this is gonne be nothing short of pure excitement...

ROBG
2011.02.17, 01:40 PM
I'm in, Monday's are doable.:p

JuniorWKR
2011.02.17, 01:41 PM
sounds good rob.. i am glad that day works for you.. its gonna be fun.. get your cars ready...

Slubben
2011.02.17, 02:02 PM
Oh I've seen Goldfarb's cars. They're all blinged out. It's exactly like pimp my ride a blinged out hoopty slowing everyone else on the road down! :eek: I look forward to lapping you Rob. :D

ROBG
2011.02.17, 02:43 PM
Oh I've seen Goldfarb's cars. They're all blinged out. It's exactly like pimp my ride a blinged out hoopty slowing everyone else on the road down! :eek: I look forward to lapping you Rob. :D

and I look forward to knocking you off the table.:D

JuniorWKR
2011.02.17, 02:47 PM
hahaaa... oh boy its started already.... smaller cars mean even bigger competition...

JuniorWKR
2011.02.24, 12:01 PM
remember guys... dnano racing this mon nite at 530...

ROBG
2011.02.24, 01:56 PM
I'll be there!

JuniorWKR
2011.02.24, 02:12 PM
awesome rob... outside of the inhouse guys that will be racing mon nite we got a few guys comming in from different places so im sure its gonna be an awesome night of dnano racing...

ROBG
2011.02.25, 12:16 PM
awesome rob... outside of the inhouse guys that will be racing mon nite we got a few guys comming in from different places so im sure its gonna be an awesome night of dnano racing...

without a doubt looking forward to it.:cool:

JuniorWKR
2011.02.27, 08:51 PM
dont forget fellas... tomorrow nite 530 is dnano racing...

ROBG
2011.02.28, 07:44 AM
looking forward to it, might be a few minutes late, but I'll be there. Who else is in?

Slubben
2011.02.28, 08:25 AM
I'll be there as wel :D

JuniorWKR
2011.02.28, 10:20 AM
you all know im ready to go for some dnano racing tonite.. cant wait.. its gonna be a very long day..

ROBG
2011.02.28, 12:25 PM
I hope we will be done by 7, I have to head out around that time.:o

JuniorWKR
2011.02.28, 12:45 PM
just come get as much racing in as you can... i dont think we will be too late.. want this to be an early nitr for everyone since its the first day of the week.. why i wanna start at 530..

JuniorWKR
2011.02.28, 02:07 PM
2.5 more hours till we r racing some dnanos...

ROBG
2011.02.28, 02:10 PM
2.5 more hours till we r racing some dnanos...

and the countdown begins. . . . :D

ruf993
2011.02.28, 06:31 PM
Great racing guys!!

Started 5:30pm sharp ended 7pm with 3 qualifers and a main..

JuniorWKR
2011.02.28, 07:29 PM
dnano racing was insane... had an absolute blast... man are these cars a blast to drive... 3 qualifiers and a main and i was home at 8pm... doesnt get any better then this... will have the video up for you guys tomorrow... i hope the shutter speed on the camera is fast enough to follow these cars around the track..

machgo5go
2011.02.28, 08:00 PM
dnano racing was insane... had an absolute blast... man are these cars a blast to drive... 3 qualifiers and a main and i was home at 8pm... doesnt get any better then this... will have the video up for you guys tomorrow... i hope the shutter speed on the camera is fast enough to follow these cars around the track..
Yea, it was a blast and fun as hell when I was bouncing off the wall or off each other! I never laugh so hard for the longest time with tears in my eyes!
These little guys takes a licking & keep on ticking!:D

ROBG
2011.02.28, 09:51 PM
So much fun! I was so happy to race tonight after such a long break and hang with the guys. This is going to be an every Monday event for me and I hope to see even more peeps next time around. What a top notch racing program!:cool:

Slubben
2011.03.01, 07:39 AM
DNano racing was a lot of fun last night. All the racers were laughing and having a great time. Like everyone said three qualifiers and a main and I was home before 8:00. Hope to see more guys give it a try in the coming weeks. :D

JuniorWKR
2011.03.01, 08:39 AM
heres the video from last night.. awesome racing... cant wait to do this every mon..

Dnano Racing 2-28-11 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e06X5U454W8)

ROBG
2011.03.01, 09:24 AM
awesome Jr.! can't wait till next race, what a blast.

JuniorWKR
2011.03.01, 09:54 AM
hey Buzz... you missed some really good dnano racing last night...

kwikvdub
2011.03.01, 10:11 AM
I'll be debuting my Dnano next Monday. I'll show up early!!....... See you then!;)

JuniorWKR
2011.03.01, 10:13 AM
Awesome Alex... Cant wait... we had an absolute blast... these little cars are amazing.. big car racing feel...

JuniorWKR
2011.03.01, 12:44 PM
check out 4:40 in the video and watch sean park it behind the monitor... hahahahahahaaa... hilarious... little friggin cars are so fast you can barely keep up wit them...

vigilanterc
2011.03.01, 01:06 PM
I love the Dnano's Great little cars. I have 7 of them, Enzo Red, Enzo White, Gallardo Yellow, Countach LP-500 Red, Mazda 787b Red/Green, Mazda 787b White/blue, 350Z Motul Red, I LOVE them all. I like the Mazda's best for large RCP tracks and I love my Gallardo for my home Rubber surface track.. the Lambo is the best handling car I have. I only have bearings and PN alloy wheels on all cars. I need the damper system bad!!

Dont forget my custom CNC Machined Carbon fiber wing kits I designed for the Enzo's and the Gallardo. Very tiny parts to make!! They fit perfect!!
I will do a few cars at a time!!

JuniorWKR
2011.03.01, 01:11 PM
i have been following your work with the hpi cars... please explain to us how you r doing the body swaps with the slot bodies as we want to start racing the hpi cars on this track as well.. or if this is a service you provide please let us know...

ROBG
2011.03.01, 01:12 PM
I'll be debuting my Dnano next Monday. I'll show up early!!....... See you then!;)

nice brotha!

ROBG
2011.03.01, 01:16 PM
I love the Dnano's Great little cars. I have 7 of them, Enzo Red, Enzo White, Gallardo Yellow, Countach LP-500 Red, Mazda 787b Red/Green, Mazda 787b White/blue, 350Z Motul Red, I LOVE them all. I like the Mazda's best for large RCP tracks and I love my Gallardo for my home Rubber surface track.. the Lambo is the best handling car I have. I only have bearings and PN alloy wheels on all cars. I need the damper system bad!!

Dont forget my custom CNC Machined Carbon fiber wing kits I designed for the Enzo's and the Gallardo. Very tiny parts to make!! They fit perfect!!
I will do a few cars at a time!!

those carbon fiber spoilers are amazing! How much do you charge per car?

vigilanterc
2011.03.01, 01:23 PM
i have been following your work with the hpi cars... please explain to us how you r doing the body swaps with the slot bodies as we want to start racing the hpi cars on this track as well.. or if this is a service you provide please let us know...

Hi There! I am glad you saw my HPI RS32 body swaps. All that is needed is a body with as close to a 81.5mm wheel base by 55.0 mm wide. If you can find a body that matches those dimensions it would be fairly easy to fit them.
Unfortunatly each body has it's own needs to custom fit them. I want to produce a kit that allows people to fit them to the body of choice but is difficult to do. I could provide the service to fit you body onto the car but I would need to figure a fair price for about 2 hours of work. I have the side mounts pretty much figured out but the front clip would have to be custom heat formed to the hood underside contour and glued in place. Let me know if you have bodies in mind and I can help. I am very glad you are going to race them as they are a perfect DURABLE platform to race...Nearly a perfect micro car as far as I am concerned and I have a lot of micro cars to compare to! Let me know if I can help. I have a full shop and CNC mill so I can pretty much make anything for these cars...
Steven
www.vigilante-rc.com

JuniorWKR
2011.03.01, 01:25 PM
awesome... i will have maj find out what bodies are available in those sizes and we will go from there... thank you ...

vigilanterc
2011.03.01, 01:27 PM
those carbon fiber spoilers are amazing! How much do you charge per car?

Thank you very much! I only made them for myself for now. I was not sure if someone would pay for them. I did not originally plan on selling them. Just more of show-and-tell thing.

Here are some track pics in my basement

Steven
Vigilante R/C
www.vigilante-rc.com

JuniorWKR
2011.03.01, 01:30 PM
yeah i would like a wing for my gallardo...

Slubben
2011.03.01, 01:31 PM
Those wings are amazing!!

vigilanterc
2011.03.01, 01:31 PM
Thanks. I know the Gallardo needed a wing bad......It looks much better I think.:D:D

JuniorWKR
2011.03.01, 01:35 PM
yeah i have a little lexan one i made on there now... it help considerably...

Slapstick10
2011.03.01, 01:54 PM
I got this to say.......:(

ROBG
2011.03.01, 02:07 PM
Thank you very much! I only made them for myself for now. I was not sure if someone would pay for them. I did not originally plan on selling them. Just more of show-and-tell thing.

Here are some track pics in my basement

Steven
Vigilante R/C
www.vigilante-rc.com

nice track, I'm going to build a track in the near future for practice. Yeah there is definitly a market for these wings though, I would buy a few. Let us all know.:cool:

vigilanterc
2011.03.01, 03:56 PM
I got this to say.......:(

What is the :( for? Just curious:)

vigilanterc
2011.03.01, 03:59 PM
nice track, I'm going to build a track in the near future for practice. Yeah there is definitly a market for these wings though, I would buy a few. Let us all know.:cool:

I would love to build more wings, but cutting the Carbon Fiber is Killer on my cutters. I do not have the correct hi-speed head and a diamond Burr.....I am using a Carbide endmill in a low RPM motor and Carbon fiber kills the cutter in just a few passes....I only get a couple of wings and I throw away a $8.00 cutter!!!!:eek:
The mounts are plastic so those are easy....Perhaps I could make plastic wings instead of Carbon fiber? Any thoughts? The cost would be lower as well.

Steven
Vigilante R/C

Slapstick10
2011.03.01, 04:51 PM
What is the :( for? Just curious:)

good question! What that means is junior warned me I would be missing a good time running dnano monday. And looking at the video it was alot of fun. I will not make the same mistake of not going this week:D

vigilanterc
2011.03.01, 04:57 PM
That's the Spirit!! Never miss a good Dnano or Mini-Z night!!!
Steven,
Vigilante R/C

JuniorWKR
2011.03.01, 06:15 PM
i think all plastic wings will be perfect...

vigilanterc
2011.03.01, 07:47 PM
i think all plastic wings will be perfect...

They will certainly be more for style than function of course;)
I do not put that much angle on them..:rolleyes:

Kevin S.
2011.03.01, 08:01 PM
heres the video from last night.. awesome racing... cant wait to do this every mon..

Dnano Racing 2-28-11 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e06X5U454W8)

Awesome video Junior...I can't wait to get to Maj's and race with you guys :D

JuniorWKR
2011.03.01, 08:59 PM
cant wait either kevin... its an absolute blast... i know you will have tears by the time the main comes... my stomach and cheeks still hurt... there was a point in the main where i got so dizzy i thought i was going down... good times...

Kevin S.
2011.03.02, 06:56 AM
:Dcant wait either kevin... its an absolute blast... i know you will have tears by the time the main comes... my stomach and cheeks still hurt... there was a point in the main where i got so dizzy i thought i was going down... good times...

Lol going down....It definitely does look like good times....What kind of lap times are you running on that track? Oh and by the way, thanks for helping Scott try and get my dnao worked out...I really apprecite that...I will be one of th lucky ones to have a car dialed by Junior :D

ROBG
2011.03.02, 07:26 AM
I would love to build more wings, but cutting the Carbon Fiber is Killer on my cutters. I do not have the correct hi-speed head and a diamond Burr.....I am using a Carbide endmill in a low RPM motor and Carbon fiber kills the cutter in just a few passes....I only get a couple of wings and I throw away a $8.00 cutter!!!!:eek:
The mounts are plastic so those are easy....Perhaps I could make plastic wings instead of Carbon fiber? Any thoughts? The cost would be lower as well.

Steven
Vigilante R/C

all plastic would work, it looks to be stronger than the ones that come on the body.

JuniorWKR
2011.03.02, 07:58 AM
:D

Lol going down....It definitely does look like good times....What kind of lap times are you running on that track? Oh and by the way, thanks for helping Scott try and get my dnao worked out...I really apprecite that...I will be one of th lucky ones to have a car dialed by Junior :D

4.2 is the hot lap so far... so you can imagine how friggin fast that is...

kwikvdub
2011.03.02, 01:53 PM
After watchin' the video, Can Not Wait!!...... Again, see you all Monday!!!;)

JuniorWKR
2011.03.06, 02:43 PM
dont forget guys... tomorrow 530... dnano mania... see every one there...

ROBG
2011.03.06, 03:36 PM
can't wait, looking forward to another amazing show!

machgo5go
2011.03.06, 05:13 PM
can't wait, looking forward to another amazing show!Bring tissue since you will be cry laughing too!

JuniorWKR
2011.03.07, 08:39 AM
thats right fellas its officially mon... get ready for some dnano mania tonite... racing is gonna be insane.. dont wanna miss out on this...

ROBG
2011.03.07, 09:14 AM
Can't wait, going to try out another Dnano tonight. Might be a few minutes late, but I'll be there. Hope to see everyone from last week and a few more this time around. :cool:

Slubben
2011.03.07, 09:50 AM
Can't wait for tonight's DNano action!!

ROBG
2011.03.08, 07:32 AM
Once again another amazing night of racing. :) This is getting bigger and better with more drivers and a new layout. :cool:

kwikvdub
2011.03.08, 08:00 AM
Big Fun last night!!........ These little Buggers are quite unique but JR was in a league of his own.:cool:...... Always good times at Maj's. Can't wait to get back!

Take care Guys and Happy Racing!;)

JuniorWKR
2011.03.08, 08:02 AM
dnano racing was insane last night... big thanks to all that came out to race with us.... im a little busy at work today but i will get the videos posted as soon as i can... cant wait for next monday already...

Slapstick10
2011.03.08, 09:16 AM
OMG....you guys had me rolling! Eddie almost took down haldf the shop. I couldnt stop laughing. I think the lap counter needs work but overall very fun. Alex sorry for getting into you so much. Junior ty for the nano turn on!:D

ROBG
2011.03.08, 09:55 AM
OMG....you guys had me rolling! Eddie almost took down haldf the shop. I couldnt stop laughing. I think the lap counter needs work but overall very fun. Alex sorry for getting into you so much. Junior ty for the nano turn on!:D

Thank God I didn't see that head on, that would have made my bad driving even worse, you guys were exploding!

Slapstick10
2011.03.09, 06:44 AM
Rob you couldn't make that stuff up.....!!!!

Junior enjoy that rein of terror you empose on the dnano track , my car shipped yesterday.

Question: Do you think it would be wrong to ask junior to help with the car thats going to take him out?:D

JuniorWKR
2011.03.09, 08:57 AM
Scott i have no problem setting up a car good enough to beat me... question is can you out drive me under pressure... hahaa.. .;)

Dnano vids will be posted shortly...

JuniorWKR
2011.03.09, 09:36 AM
Dnano BMain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ZCDyoEc9k

Dnano AMain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQaZ29ktyc

Slapstick10
2011.03.09, 11:51 AM
Scott i have no problem setting up a car good enough to beat me... question is can you out drive me under pressure... hahaa.. .;)

Dnano vids will be posted shortly...

Probably not.....73 laps you did your an animal!:o

kwikvdub
2011.03.09, 07:28 PM
Again, awesome stuff Guys!!....... See you soon!

Slapstick10
2011.03.14, 07:47 AM
trying to rush my work today to play dnano in NJ with the guys! I finally got my 911 GT3.....something tells me it needs work. :D

machgo5go
2011.03.14, 07:53 AM
trying to rush my work today to play dnano in NJ with the guys! I finally got my 911 GT3.....something tells me it needs work. :D Can't wait to see this Blister wide body fender job!
You got the know how to make it work & support!

JuniorWKR
2011.03.14, 09:48 AM
dnanos tonite suckas.... whos in...

Slapstick10
2011.03.14, 09:53 AM
I love planning my busiest day of the week at work around a dnano race! :eek:

Slubben
2011.03.14, 10:06 AM
I will be at the shop today but, unable to race DNanos with you guys :mad:

JuniorWKR
2011.03.14, 10:18 AM
whats the mattter sean... anything we can help with?

Slubben
2011.03.14, 10:39 AM
whats the mattter sean... anything we can help with?

Oh nothing man. Just have to be out of Maj's by 6:30. Meeting a buddy of mine who i haven't seen in a while.

JuniorWKR
2011.03.15, 09:45 AM
dnano racing was awesome last night... no shortage of laughs for sure... our boy scott form action is no doubt getting dialed in wit these little cars... i personally like the new layout with no straightaway as it slowed the lap times down and made for more infield passing oppurtunities and battles... cant wait till mon...

ROBG
2011.03.15, 09:57 AM
Glad to see Monday night Dnano is such a great success, I had no doubt it would be. Can't wait for next Monday!

machgo5go
2011.03.15, 11:47 AM
Glad to see Monday night Dnano is such a great success, I had no doubt it would be. Can't wait for next Monday!
Tell your Baby girl to mark her calendar that you are gone for dNANO!

Slapstick10
2011.03.15, 02:29 PM
dnano racing was awesome last night... no shortage of laughs for sure... our boy scott form action is no doubt getting dialed in wit these little cars... i personally like the new layout with no straightaway as it slowed the lap times down and made for more infield passing oppurtunities and battles... cant wait till mon...

I am really having a blast with these little cars. I'm just sad its so early some of the boys(Danny,Kevin and Jamil) would love these things. That track keeps those car's planted. My only wish is junior would stop his after hour tuning sesions! Its only a rumor but I heard he goes in at 12-2am for personel practice:p

Rob you so missed some good racing bro.....sorry you couldn't make it!