PDA

View Full Version : PNWC 2010 SE regional - June 12th

hrdrvr
2010.03.30, 03:39 PM
PNRacing and Myrtle Beach Mini-Z Racers are proud to present this year’s South Eastern PN World Cup Regional!

This race will be held on June 12th, 2010 at The Plex in Myrtle Beach. The Plex is a top-notch sports facility located near the airport, mall, hotels, and everything else the beach has to offer. They have plenty of space for us to spread out, and will have a variety of their own activities going on, which will bring in crowds of potential mini-Z racers, and spectators.

The layout will be the official 2010 PNWC regional layout shown in the rules.

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy104/Majsrc/PNWC2010-layout-600.jpg

The format will be the standard PN format, with 3 rounds of 8-minute qualifiers, and 10-minute mains. The rules will be the predetermined PNWC 2010 rules which are linked here: http://pnracing.us/pnwc2010/pnwc-2010-rules.htm

I would like to offer all of the classes that will gain enough participation to make the minimum 8 person A-Main. Please post here if you plan on attending, and the classes you would participate in, so we can get a tentative drivers list started. This will not set you in stone, just give others an idea of what classes will have participation. You will not be committed to the classes you choose until you register. I will get the online registration link posted as soon as PN provides it, and urge every one to use it. There is going to be a lot of racing this year with long qualifiers and mains, so any planning that can be made ahead of time will be very helpful.

In the pits we will have tables chairs and limited power. Each table (2 drivers) will have at least two plugs, and Ill try and provide more, but at minimum each driver needs to provide their own power strip. The ceiling in The Plex is high, and even though they have plenty of nice bright bulbs, you may want to bring a pit lamp. There will be plenty of extra chairs for spectators, companions, children, etc.

The following posts will include the tentative drivers list, hotel information, and more information and pics of The Plex.

hrdrvr
2010.03.30, 03:40 PM
Sign Up link (click me) for early registration. (http://pnracing.us/pnwc2010/sc/sc-signup.htm)

As you sign in and Phillip sends me confirmation, I will add an asterisk to your name on the drivers list. It is fine to sign up and pay at the door, but its going to be a busy morning with lots going on, so it'll be easier on all of us if every one uses the sign up link provided.

2WD Stock
Andy
Art*
Chad
Don*
Eric
James
Jay
Junior
Maj
Mini Maj
Matt*
Marcus
Marwan
Mike*
Pedro
Rodney
Taylor
Wade
Will

GT Modified
Chad
Don*
Eric
James
Jay
Junior
Landon
Maj
Matt
Marcus
Marwan
Mike*
Rodney
Taylor
Wade
Will

Formula 1 Modified
Andy
Art*
Chad
Don*
James
Jay
Landon
Matt*
Marcus
Marwan
Mike*
Pedro
Rodney
Taylor
Wade

Pan Modified
Chad
Eric
James
Jay
Junior
Landon
Maj
Pedro
Rodney
Wade
Will

Projected Schedule
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100612%20PNWC%20SE%20Regional/PNregionalschedule.jpg

hrdrvr
2010.03.30, 03:41 PM
568 George Bishop Parkway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579

Our new club track is located at a sports and fitness club. WE have a secure area of about 2500 square feet. The area is 100% dedicated to being the premier place to race in the south. Currently we are working on a more state of the art pit area, but for now we are working off of the standard folding tables and chairs with electricity provided to each table. We have enough tables and chairs to comfortably support every one, but if you prefer your own stuff, we have space available where you can set it up to.

Within the track area we built a tall camera stand in which good quality video will be taken of the event, as well as some pictures that will all be shared after the event along with the results. Below are the first few photos of the area upon initial set up. The tables and chairs for the locals are the only ones in the pics, but we have more available and will bring them for this event.

Not the best pics. Ill get a real camera over there when I remember :D
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/The%20Cage%20-%20track%20pics/IMAG0174.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/The%20Cage%20-%20track%20pics/IMAG0175.jpg

Ariel shot of the pits for the locals.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/The%20Cage%20-%20track%20pics/IMAG0173.jpg

And an overview of the first layout...the PN regional set up :D
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/The%20Cage%20-%20track%20pics/IMAG0172.jpg

Hotels:
There are a number of hotels at the beach that would be suitable for this event. You can use any typical website (expedia.com, hotels.com, orbit.com, etc.) to find your own, and you can use “The Hard Rock Park” or “Freestyle Music Park”, as your search query, as this facility is right next to the park.

The Holiday Inn West is located just 1.2 miles form The Plex (just across the park). Its an older hotel but seems very well maintained. It is located right on the inter-coastal waterway, and has a nice restaurant (The Boathouse) right next to it. ($135/night as of 3/30/10 through expedia)
http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/myrwe/hoteldetail#Photos-Tours

The Hilton Garden Inn is always one of my picks for our events. It’s close to our club track, the airport, and this new facility as well. It’s less than a mile from any of the things listed, and is only about 3 years old. It is in the mall parking lot, which is on the way from the airport to the track (about 2 miles from airport to track), and offers quite a few eateries in and outside of the mall. ($107/night as of 3/30/10 through expedia)
http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MYRAPGI

The old faithful cheapy the Super 8 is still close by, but again, Id recommend one of the others if you are bringing your family, or plan on spending much time at the hotel. They are showing no available bookings on expedia, but I’m sure you can get something direct from them, and it may still be cheaper than the others.
http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=03849

There are a few more “questionable” hotels right over by the track. I’m sure they would all be priced accordingly, but I’m leery to recommend them, as I don’t know any one who has stayed at any of them before. For the budget racer who is willing to take the gamble, there is a Country Inn and Suites, an Americas Best Value Inn, and a Days Inn, all within a mile of The Plex (listed in order of proximity).

There are tons upon tons of hotels here in Myrtle Beach, and FWIW, none of them are too far away. The furthest reaches of North Myrtle Beach are probably still less than a half-hour drive to the track, even in traffic. There are hotels right on the beach (usually a little expensive mid-summer) that are within 10 minutes. If there is a specific area, or hotel you have found and are interested in, please do not hesitate to PM me, and I will give you any details you would like beyond what the internet machine can provide.

pedrocamp
2010.03.30, 04:26 PM
Pedro
Stock, F1, Pan Mod

Traveler
2010.03.30, 04:42 PM
Marwan
Stock, F1, Possibly GT Mod :D

mleemor60
2010.03.30, 05:48 PM
Stock and F-1

hrdrvr
2010.03.30, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the speedy replies guys! Drivers list has begun :D

chad508
2010.03.30, 09:26 PM
im down for all four.

hrdrvr
2010.03.31, 07:48 AM
im down for all four.

Noted.......

kromie101
2010.03.31, 06:38 PM
might be down for all 4. just need to get a f-1:D

mleemor60
2010.03.31, 07:17 PM
When you're looking to and fro cause you need a car to go. Who you gonna call?

Traveler
2010.03.31, 07:49 PM
L, You left me out of F1 :(

cosmicsoul
2010.03.31, 10:12 PM
Put me down for all 4.

Daddy Rabbit
2010.04.05, 07:23 PM
LT,
Put me down for Stock & F-1

chad508
2010.04.05, 10:27 PM
landon just to let you know, its confirmed at least on f******k by philip.

hrdrvr
2010.04.06, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the heads up Chad. You know I dont go on there much :D I had messages from my birthday when I went and checked it out this morning, lol.

So its official guys. This regional will be a qualifier for the worlds, which will be held in the same location!!! Step it up and make an A-Main!

Ive got the drivers list updtated. I probably wont make a post every time I do, as itll just fill the thread....hopefully :D

JuniorWKR
2010.04.22, 02:26 PM
my room is booked for the regionals... i will be staying at the camelot inn and i will be making it a weeks vacation for me and my family...

Landon put me in for 2wd stock, gt mod and pan mod...

chad508
2010.04.22, 11:17 PM
good to see you will be making it junior. any chance of a few others up your way making it as well?

hrdrvr
2010.04.23, 07:13 AM
Itll be a nice time of year for the fam at the beach Junior. You guys should have a nice time :D

Drivers list updated!

MantisMMA
2010.04.23, 07:53 AM
i will be there!put me down for GT mod,stock and mod f1 of course!

i thought the date changed to june 30th????

hrdrvr
2010.04.23, 08:57 AM
^ Nah, the date hasnt changed here. The NJ regional date changed from the middle of July to the 30th (to abide by new forum calendar rules), but ours has been the 12th since the start :D

Ill put you down Marcus! Its going to be a strong F1 field this year :D

MantisMMA
2010.04.23, 02:55 PM
well scratch me out unless the rules are changed............. this is no better than what Atomic did to PN last year and now its being done to me, i am truly dissapointed in this decision and am waiting on a response from phillip.

hrdrvr
2010.04.23, 04:59 PM
I think you should really give Phillip a chance to hear your thoughts, and those of other F1/PNWC supporters before making a hasty decision to not support his series. I posted a more detailed response in the thread on the subject, and hope everything works out for the best for all parties involved.

MantisMMA
2010.04.23, 05:12 PM
i havent said that im not going to support his series but if a rule is put in place to attack me directly well then i have no choice, i would be a fool to show up at his event when i have been targeted. as it stands there are no dimensional rules for the f1 class and i dont feel that i have produced anything that is illegal in any way UNLESS THE RULES ARE CHANGED MIDSTREAM!! you posted on the other thread about the width rules and i kinda didnt understand what you were saying, the link you posted was for a truck/f1 conversion. i agree that some SPECIFIC rules would be nice but what gets me about the rule addendum is the "etc"???? what does that mean? to me it would make sense to make specific rules for next year and release them ahead of time so that we as manufactures can make products that fit within the rule. i will wait for his response before i make a final decision of course. and thanx for your support!

ruf993
2010.05.05, 10:30 PM
Itll be a nice time of year for the fam at the beach Junior. You guys should have a nice time :D

Drivers list updated!

I'm in for stock, GTMOD, and PAN and Mini Maj will run stock.

Will be taking the Fam as well so I will be down there on the 8th.

Is the local track going to open as well?

See ya guys soon...;)

Maj

At the complex do they alow out-door heli fllying....:p

hrdrvr
2010.05.06, 07:44 AM
Maj and Mini Maj added to the drivers list :D

Itll be good to see you guys again!

Our club track should be operational the week you will be in town. Im trying to be over at the race location for our wednesday before the regional though, so Im not sure if there will be a race you can hit at our regular location. You can definitely come by and check it out though. I will try and have a cool layout down, so the out of towners can see what elevations are all about :D

JuniorWKR
2010.05.06, 09:49 AM
will the track will be setup for practice at the plex on fri?

hrdrvr
2010.05.06, 04:09 PM
We should be over there for our Wednesday race night if you guys want to come out for practice then. The track will be open and available for Thursday practice, but you may want to get with me about times, as I'm playing it by ear as to when most people will want to run (if any at all). Friday, I should be over at the track by 10 or so in the morning, and practice will be open until 8 or so. I say 8, but we have said that before, and ended up sticking around until 10 or later. I guess it'll really depend on how the responsible locals cars are handling, and how many people are asking us to stay.

Oh yeah, and it'll probably be an early start so we can get done at a decent time. It'll be a lot of racing to cram int one day, so Friday practice will be vital to an early start Saturday.

chad508
2010.05.06, 07:30 PM
dont worry everything is still good to go. its under new ownership and will are setting up our track next week. i'll let landon get into it more, i just dont wanted anyone thinking the worst.

hrdrvr
2010.05.06, 07:47 PM
machgo5go - I guess I should have taken the link in the first post down ;)

Chad is correct, and some of what is in that link you posted is true. You have to understand though, that web page turned into a last cry for help from some on who could not be helped. Id rather not get totally into the details of the whole thing, but you can search out a good summarizing artice at the The Sun News's web site.

I dont know all of the details, and dont really care to know. What is important is that a shady character is no longer running the Plex, but a new group of folks (one of which Ive been working with since the beginning of this) have taken over the lease (despite what the link says, the bank was very happy to work with The PLex's tenants to let them keep their businesses there) from the bank and are continuing business in that building. The new business name will be Myrtle Beach Ultimate Sports Facility.

Like Chad said, I actually had a meeting with the new owners today, and have plans to set up a permenant club track over there in which I will have enough space to host any type of event imaginable.

If you wouldnt mind I would highly appreciate it if you could edit your post down. I dont mind you posting the link, but Id rather not have that section of text up on the thread. Some one skimming over the posts could read a bit of that and assume the location is lost, and the event may not be happening.

machgo5go
2010.05.06, 08:39 PM
machgo5go - I guess I should have taken the link in the first post down ;)

Chad is correct, and some of what is in that link you posted is true. You have to understand though, that web page turned into a last cry for help from some on who could not be helped. Id rather not get totally into the details of the whole thing, but you can search out a good summarizing artice at the The Sun News's web site.

I dont know all of the details, and dont really care to know. What is important is that a shady character is no longer running the Plex, but a new group of folks (one of which Ive been working with since the beginning of this) have taken over the lease (despite what the link says, the bank was very happy to work with The PLex's tenants to let them keep their businesses there) from the bank and are continuing business in that building. The new business name will be Myrtle Beach Ultimate Sports Facility.

Like Chad said, I actually had a meeting with the new owners today, and have plans to set up a permenant club track over there in which I will have enough space to host any type of event imaginable.

If you wouldnt mind I would highly appreciate it if you could edit your post down. I dont mind you posting the link, but Id rather not have that section of text up on the thread. Some one skimming over the posts could read a bit of that and assume the location is lost, and the event may not be happening.
Deleted post for good.
I just worried for Maj & his family plus others from his shop was going to be disappointed, but now everything is in good direction, Good Luck & Great Racing!:)

hrdrvr
2010.05.07, 08:34 AM
^ I know what you mean, and it was no problem to ask, and get clarification. :D

Im happy that Maj and friends are coming down to run with us! It should be one of the greatest events the south has seen :D

Daddy Rabbit
2010.05.08, 05:30 PM
LT,
This will have to be a two (2) day event, correct?

hrdrvr
2010.05.09, 09:28 AM
Daddy Rabbit, I need a more completed drivers list to figure out the final schedule. Right now Ive got two plans based on the lowest number of folks I think will show, and a higher number that will likely not reach. With a 10am start time the mains would end at 6 or 8 respectively. That makes for a long day, so if the majority would oprefer a 2 day event Im game for it. With a one day event, the guys coming down for just the event would free up a day for travel, and the guys coming form far on vacation would have another day to spend with their familis in the beach sun :D

Daddy Rabbit
2010.05.11, 02:54 PM
Just got back from the SPORTS COMPLEX (The Plex), our race area is really shaping up great!!!The enclosure fence is going up today and the track should go down tomorow.LT and my guys are really doing a nice job.
Thanks for the help guys. With any luck we may be racing there tomorrow night for the club race.:)

hrdrvr
2010.05.11, 03:30 PM
^ We will be racing there tomorrow! Ill have pics up by the end of the week, hopefully. With the cup race going on in NC, I may be a tad preoccupied, but I promise to have some pics up by early next week :D

kwsmith29
2010.05.20, 11:51 AM
Not sure if I missed it or not. How much is entry fee? Do wee need to pay in advance or the day of the race....

Wade

chad508
2010.05.20, 12:01 PM
Not sure if I missed it or not. How much is entry fee? Do wee need to pay in advance or the day of the race....

Wade

if im not mistaken it is 30 for first class 15 per class after that. and yes you can pay the day of race but i would post what classes you plan to run so landon can get a head count to make sure we have enough to run all classes. but the way it is looking we should be fine on that end.

hrdrvr
2010.05.21, 11:54 AM
Wade, We are going to have enough people to run all four classes. It would be cool if you and yours could let me know what you might run though. Even if you dont make it, Id rather be planning for the full amount so I can schedule accordingly, and have all the neccesary pit space in line well in advance.

Phillip should have me a link for early registration soon. Itll have the pricing on it, but my guess is Chad is close. Last year I think it was 30 for the first and 20 for each additional, but I do remember seeing somewhere that it went up this year. There will be three rounds of 8 minute qualifiers and a 10 minute main (all mains 10 this year) per class, so we are paying for a LOT of racing/track time :D This fee will include the hand-out motor for stock, if you are running stock.

I took some pics of the track location, but havent had a chance to pull them off the cam, and load them to photobucket. Ill get 'em up soon! The place is huge! :D

jackg
2010.05.22, 08:08 AM
is it still possible to get a few NY drivers on the list? Im very into going and I will try to recruit Emu & Shafiq. -j

hrdrvr
2010.05.22, 05:05 PM
Bring 'em down Jack! If EMU and Shafiq are a good representation of your group, we would be honored to have any/all of y'all down to race with us!

Ive got room for about 15 or maybe a few more than that before I would have to think about making any sort of cut-off.

EMU
2010.05.23, 12:20 AM
If I can make it, I will be there. Need to take that Sunday off from work, and check the finances ;)

hpgod
2010.05.24, 10:12 AM
landon
I will be there for stock and f1

hrdrvr
2010.05.24, 10:36 AM
EMU - If there is anything I can do to make the trip easier on you, just let me know. We would love to have you down! I always seem to learn something from you at every event I see you. I didn't get to chat much at the Cup race tough, as I was really busy trying to get that stock car to run. Hopefully if you do make it down, Ill have more time to chat it up :D

Art, You are on the drivers list! It'll be good to see you again. Maybe it'll be a little more enjoyable as you wont be depending on any one else :) Hank if you are watching this...yes this is a stab at you :D Hopefully you can make it out too! I'm hoping all the groups form the Southeast will be represented at this event!

Check the first page for updated information about the location. I finally took the link down for the plex, and put up some pictures of our work in progress set up for the event and our club races.

hrdrvr
2010.05.24, 01:37 PM

JuniorWKR
2010.05.24, 02:33 PM
pics look great.. place looks huge... cant wait... from the pics it looks like the driverstand is the platform that the tables sit on... is that the case...

hrdrvr
2010.05.24, 02:53 PM
The drivers stand are just boxes that are made out of plywood, and are about the size of the standard boxes RCP kits get shipped in. The tables are sitting on the floor behind them. The pics do make it look like the pits are elevated though. Ill try and get some better pics from different angles.

Also, I forgot to mention in the previous posts that registration is $30 for the first class, and $15 for each additional, which is very reasonable for the amount of racing in each class, and to get to see your rank against the world! With all the mains being 10 minutes, every one of them will count more for the world ranking! Get here, and get your best run in!

chad508
2010.05.24, 04:32 PM
just edited my previous post on prices so no one will be confused.

hrdrvr
2010.05.25, 08:20 AM
^ Thanks Chad. Thats probably a good idea. :D

bermbuster
2010.05.25, 01:32 PM
Hey Landon.....
check your pm
thanks

hrdrvr
2010.05.26, 08:37 AM
This schedule is based on what I think will end up showing to the event. If we end up with less heats, then we can add in time between the heats as available. Its a pretty tight schedule with very little lag time. Friday practice is going to be important, and the track will be open, so I urge you guys to take advantage of that. If we end up with a last minute explosion of racers and have to add heats in, it will just add onto the end of the end time. As its shown, we should be done with awards early enough to have a late dinner.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100612%20PNWC%20SE%20Regional/PNregionalschedule.jpg

George, responding to PM now....

kwsmith29
2010.05.27, 10:28 PM
Put me down for all four. I think things are going to work out so I can make it.

Wade

kromie101
2010.05.28, 07:27 AM
o yeah,i plan on getting a room at the staybridge so the family can sleep. me i'm never leaving the track:D. is friday gonna be test and tune day? i might just put up a cot:). well i'm heading there now to practice. cya soon

hrdrvr
2010.05.28, 08:17 AM
Friday will be open practice all day. As early as some one wants to get there, Ill open up. I guess you may end up being my opener :D

kromie101
2010.05.30, 08:47 PM
are we racing wed and friday night? if i'm in town wed,i'll be there. i will be there friday all day and wanna race that night. the boys don't have a game friday. so i have all day and night:D.

chad508
2010.05.30, 09:30 PM
i'll be there wednesday for sure. not sure about friday yet

pick
2010.05.31, 06:57 PM
I don't think that Chad or Eric will make it to any more practices :confused:. I'm pretty sure that their tires have been slashed, licenses revoked, and someone poured sugar in their gas tanks :eek:. Hmmmmmmmmmm, tough luck fellas :p.

hotrod68
2010.05.31, 08:32 PM
put me down for all four.

Rodney

JuniorWKR
2010.06.01, 02:12 PM
whats the traction looking like setting the track up in the sports complex?

chad508
2010.06.01, 02:15 PM
unbelivable

JuniorWKR
2010.06.01, 02:17 PM
sweet... i will feel right at home then...

hrdrvr
2010.06.01, 02:45 PM
I don't think that Chad or Eric will make it to any more practices :confused:. I'm pretty sure that their tires have been slashed, licenses revoked, and someone poured sugar in their gas tanks :eek:. Hmmmmmmmmmm, tough luck fellas :p.

Well, I wish they wouldn't make any more practices too :D Eric has been over there tearing up the new track, and it shows. He has been killing me the last few times we've run. Ill see if I cant get him on a real race tomorrow night though :D Chad is getting fast too. His cars have been pretty good, and just getting better and better.

put me down for all four.

Rodney

Holy Shnickies! Rodney with a post! Ive got you down for all four :D It'll be good to see ya again. Hopefully both of us will have better showings then what we did at the cup race :D

whats the traction looking like setting the track up in the sports complex?

unbelivable

Don't listen to anything Chad tells you Junior :D He talks just to talk, and then makes fun of me for talking too much, lol.

sweet... i will feel right at home then...

When we went up to y'alls track last year my cars were pretty well equal to what they were at our track. This is some RCP we havent used since the hobby shop shut down, so traction is a little lower than it was when we took it down. Its coming up fast though, and I imagine we will have plenty come race time :D

chad508
2010.06.01, 03:01 PM
but i find it to be unbelivable. i never said it was great.

lilmj44
2010.06.01, 07:47 PM
im hoping i make it to the worlds so i can come down

hrdrvr
2010.06.03, 09:09 AM
I hope you make it down too Mikey. I heard you were running pretty strong these days up there. If I remember correctly you ran some pretty good laps when I met you at Maj's regional last year, you just lacked a little focus :D

Anyway, good luck at your regional!

hrdrvr
2010.06.08, 07:16 AM
Okay guys, its the week of the event :D It's looking like we are going to have a good crowd with close competition!

Just a reminder, it cost $5 to get into the facility. To get in for practice before Saturday, you will have to pay this to get to the track. I won't be charging anything additional for track/practice fees. On the day of the race Ive got it set up to be included with the race fees, so all you will have to do is sign in. Visitors and spectators do not have to pay to get in, so feel free to bring your families. Of course if you've got kids and they want to use the play areas, they will have to pay the $5. There is Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, and a large inflatable playground all within seeing distance of the track area.

Also, I finally got over there with a real camera. These may be the last pics this camera ever takes (it crapped out on me while I was over there), but at least they are better than what I got with my phone :D

Approach angle :D
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/The%20Cage%20-%20track%20pics/2010-06-07006.jpg

PNWC regional layout.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/The%20Cage%20-%20track%20pics/2010-06-07001.jpg

Pits, with added tables.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/The%20Cage%20-%20track%20pics/2010-06-07003.jpg

Overview.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/The%20Cage%20-%20track%20pics/2010-06-07007.jpg

Traveler
2010.06.08, 07:47 AM
Very nice Landon! I'm really looking forward to this event and I'm sure it will be top notch. I should be in MB late Friday evening, probably too late for practice, so I will try to get there when it opens Saturday morning. Is there a preregistration, or just register upon arrival on Saturday?

Marwan

lilmj44
2010.06.08, 08:07 AM
ill be there this week

hrdrvr
2010.06.08, 09:08 AM
Marwan, you can register and pay online at this link. (http://pnracing.us/pnwc2010/sc/sc-signup.htm)

You will still have to sign in and pick up your hand-out motor on Saturday morning, but it should be a lot quicker without money involved :D

We are shooting to have the doors open at 7 am for practice and registration.

Mikey, I look forward to running with you again.

lilmj44
2010.06.08, 09:13 AM
can i sign up wen i get there

lilmj44
2010.06.08, 09:16 AM
wat is your hotlaps down there like for u and then fast guys unless u r a fast guy wat is a estimate

JuniorWKR
2010.06.08, 09:31 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

mikey... just try and get around the track without taking anybody out... please... dont worry about the hotlaps... you will figure it out on sat...

hrdrvr
2010.06.08, 09:36 AM
The fastest hot laps have been around 8.2-3, mostly in the 8.3 range. This track had been stored for a long time before I set it up over at the new place, so it was lacking grip at first. It's getting better and better (running only our second club race on it tomorrow), and I imagine those times will come down a bit as grip comes up more this weekend.

How old are you again Mikey? We've got a couple of youngsters that run with us. I dont know that all of them will be out this weekend, but I know of one fast 12 year old :D

cosmicsoul
2010.06.08, 10:21 AM
The red chain link kind of reminds me of my cage fighting days. The only difference being the red on the cage wasn't paint.

lilmj44
2010.06.08, 10:35 AM
im 12 and i can consistantly hit 8.4s and every 3,4 laps i have a 8.3

JuniorWKR
2010.06.08, 10:39 AM
i wish i was that good...

pedrocamp
2010.06.08, 10:45 AM
El Alma Cosmico (AKA CosmicSoul)! Mucha Lucha! Will you be wearing your old cage fighting tights for the race?

JuniorWKR
2010.06.08, 10:51 AM
im 12 and i can consistantly hit 8.4s and every 3,4 laps i have a 8.3

mikey if that is true you would run a 71 lap pace in stock... thats 2 laps faster then chad nelson... mybe you shuold check ur lap times and make sure your reading the right one ;)

lilmj44
2010.06.08, 11:22 AM
im just not that consistent every now and then i have a bad lap u no that

hrdrvr
2010.06.08, 11:34 AM
Jay, the guy who is opening the doors the morning of the race is a cage fighter. He does the training/teaching of MMA for the plex. Im sure we could arrange a little sparring demo if you are up to it. No sparring without tights though!

Mikey, Ive heard you've cleaned up a lot from last time I saw you. We will see, but Junior is right, you dont need to be worried about our/your lap times. The track is going to be different as far as traction, and being consistantly clean will be very important on race day :D

lfisminiz
2010.06.08, 03:52 PM
Landon, it looks top notch like i knew you would have.;) Hopefully ill see you in October. Keep us guys that didnt make it up to date on the race.:)

Good Luck to ALL...........:)

hrdrvr
2010.06.08, 04:28 PM
Ill try and do some good updates. We will be testing out Stickam over there for this event too. Ill for sure have some youtube videos after, but I hope to have the live feed as well :D

JuniorWKR
2010.06.09, 09:12 AM
is the driver list on the first page up to date?

hrdrvr
2010.06.09, 09:31 AM
^ It's up to date with the information I have available. I haven't heard from Marcus in regards to this, but last I spoke with him about it, it was sounding pretty unlikely. Every one else on the list is pretty solid. I also know of five other locals who are possibly attending, but unsure about classes, so they aren't on the list.

Oh, Mikey isn't on the list either, and there may be some other lingerers as well.

mleemor60
2010.06.09, 10:23 AM
Add Don and Taylor to everything except pan mod.

hpgod
2010.06.09, 11:29 AM
I may need a motor for my f1.
Mike /landon bring um if you got them?

My f1 has not been run in over a year. The last season we ran was 70t.
It is fetted 2.4 02 board. The last time I ran mod was AM f1:(

I put my old mod f1 motor(atomic stock r) in and its stupid torque( too much) I was doing burn out at 1/4 throttle with a 9tooth 48pitch gear.
My old pn speedy 07 is bad/worn out. it was slower then my mr03 on a 70t
drifting may be cool with some but it isnt fast in racing:(

Do the new 35T PN motors have as much toque as the atomic stock r?

EMU
2010.06.09, 11:51 AM
I wont be able to make this race :( I wish I could.

hpgod, no motor has as much torque as the ATM Stock-R :eek:

The issue that I see with mod f1, is the gearing. On a 64p Mr02/03, the 33 or 35t I would gear around 10/53 since they are 48000, and 46000rpm respectively. The F1 has more rollout than the racer due to wheel size.

I have been thinking a lot about which motor to use for F1 this year... Many motors are no longer available... but I am leaning more towards a lower RPM motor, with more torque. Something like the Speedy AWDIII (39t).

hrdrvr
2010.06.09, 12:42 PM
Don and Taylor are added. Thanks for relaying the info Mike!

Art, I think I have a couple NiP Speedy AWDIIIs in stock, but Ill have to check and see. I know Ive got a FET Stock and maybe another one or two in my personal box that will work. We will get you something.

Eugene, Im sorry to see you aren't going to be able to make it down. I hope we catch you on the next one, and I'm sure Ill see you again somewhere before the year is out :D

You hit it on the head though, I really like the speedy AWD in the F1.

hpgod
2010.06.09, 02:44 PM
the stock-r used to be great with the stock am fets but the upgraded 2.4 board I have in my f1 makes it too much

I see pn is coming out with some new bushed motors also 50T and a 80T
good to see he may be slowing the cars dwon in stock. mr03 on a 70t is now is faster then what open mod used to be in the am 02 days

lilmj44
2010.06.09, 03:03 PM
sadly i dont no if im deff racing saturday

JuniorWKR
2010.06.09, 03:11 PM
what happened mikey?... thought you were all set to go?

JuniorWKR
2010.06.09, 03:12 PM
landon, please put Will Cooney in for stock, mod and pan

lilmj44
2010.06.09, 03:14 PM
my dad cant get off

Davey G
2010.06.09, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=EMU;385797]

QUOTE]

Including my silver brushed 31 turn motor? ;)

Davey G
2010.06.09, 03:20 PM
Is the stickam camera going to be on tonight? If so what time does qualifying start. Thanks Landon and crew! :D

machgo5go
2010.06.09, 04:30 PM
sadly i dont no if im deff racing saturday
Get off the beach & head back to the track, boy!

EMU
2010.06.09, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=EMU;385797]

QUOTE]

Including my silver brushed 31 turn motor? ;)

Im pretty sure that it has more torque than your 31t silver brushed motor.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2165/2483879727_c3eeeb70f6_o.jpg

bermbuster
2010.06.09, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=Davey G;385821]

Im pretty sure that it has more torque than your 31t silver brushed motor.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2165/2483879727_c3eeeb70f6_o.jpg

When is that chart from? The data while good maybe dated....

EMU
2010.06.09, 05:32 PM
It is a little dated, but I dont see a 31t having that much more torque than the Z2 or T2. The lower the winds, typically increase RPM, and lower torque across the band.

Old Crow
2010.06.09, 07:42 PM
Dated or not, thanks for posting that information EMU, never saw that before.

machgo5go
2010.06.09, 08:37 PM
Dated or not, thanks for posting that information EMU, never saw that before.

http://www.atomicmods.com/Images/Pages/Motor_Power_Comparison.jpg
http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories/Article---Interpreting-A-Motors-Power.aspx
Looks like taken from here?

hrdrvr
2010.06.10, 07:01 AM
Dave, Sorry, no Stickam last night :( Our PC isn't wireless ready, and I'm WAY too far away to plug into the wall now :( One of our members is bringing his laptop by for Saturday, so we will have a live feed working then. I will also have my typical recordings of the mains. (Typical meaning I'll probably miss at least one, I'll cut off the front of a couple more, and it'll take a week to get them posted, lol)

George, The chart EMU posted is a little old, but the only thing dated about it (I would guess) is the selection of motors on it. The ones it covers should be pretty accurate, as the design of those still being produced hasn't changed since the testing. Having said that, I would like to see some one take on the task of doing this type of experiment/data logging with the current offerings.

Drivers list updated! At this rate it looks like MHS will have as many entries as MBMZR :D I really appreciate the long range support these guys are showing to us. Its impossible to show the gratitude I feel in text.

bermbuster
2010.06.10, 09:20 AM
George, The chart EMU posted is a little old, but the only thing dated about it (I would guess) is the selection of motors on it. The ones it covers should be pretty accurate, as the design of those still being produced hasn't changed since the testing. Having said that, I would like to see some one take on the task of doing this type of experiment/data logging with the current offerings.

I too would like to see the test again logging current offerings.
The motors we are using are machine wound, machine assembeled
and can have variations. Are the companies using the same quality wire
expoxy, bushings or bearings, magnets...etc....The motors may test better or worse. They mave even be the same...:D

imxlr8ed
2010.06.10, 09:24 AM
Its impossible to show the gratitude I feel in text.

Sounds like a group hug is in order... :rolleyes: :p :D

I can't make the trip this time but I'm hoping to get back to MB someday in the future! I'm gonna try to tune in to spectate Saturday night, I'm sure it's gonna be a great race!

bermbuster
2010.06.10, 09:34 AM
Sounds like a group hug is in order... :rolleyes:

I can't make the trip this time but I'm hoping to get back to MB someday in the future!

Maj crew give imxlr8ed a jerzey shore fist pump....
MB crew give imxlr8ed a grand strand fist pump....

Viva Dorks on Wheels.........:cool:

imxlr8ed
2010.06.10, 09:42 AM

Sup Berm!... you headed down too?

LOL I was just at Wildwood over the weekend and saw way too many "NJ Fist Pump" t-shirts... fashion is a scary disease! :eek:

bermbuster
2010.06.10, 10:46 AM
Sup Berm!... you headed down too?

LOL I was just at Wildwood over the weekend and saw way too many "NJ Fist Pump" t-shirts... fashion is a scary disease! :eek:

I wish....
Im on a work assignment in Toronto (working the 3rd shift :eek:)

But Im there in spirit.....
I expect good things from all the racers.....
I wish everybody the best....
In this race my predictions:
The slow get Fast
The fast get Faster
and the Fastest break records.....:cool:

lfisminiz
2010.06.10, 03:15 PM

Yes i can say.....Eds the biggest "DORK" i know............;):D:D

minittrackmann
2010.06.10, 06:30 PM
Havnt cheked the forums in a while, wish I knew about this earlier woulda came down and broke the new RV in..

Good luck everyone!

imxlr8ed
2010.06.11, 08:17 AM
Yes i can say.....Eds the biggest "DORK" i know............;):D:D

So, once again... why aren't we in a car headed south right now Larry? :rolleyes: Ah well, next time I guess. :p

hrdrvr
2010.06.11, 08:29 AM
Ed, Larry, there's still time :D

Cody, George, I hope to have you guys down sometime. It seems timing just never qute works out for everyone.

We will have the stickam cam up at some point today. Ill try and drop in with a link and a heads-up. From what I understand some guys from NJ drove down over night, and are already over at the track :eek:

chad508
2010.06.11, 09:02 AM
we are live on stickam for the pn southeast regional practice day. enjoy

www.stickam.com/mbmzr

tommy_greeneyes
2010.06.11, 03:31 PM
man i wish i came down to this race, .... lol :D

bermbuster
2010.06.12, 07:19 AM
I want to wish the Best to all the racers.....
Drive Hard Drive Fast and Drive Clean.....
Show us how how fast East Coast racers can be.....:cool:

chad508
2010.06.12, 07:31 AM
thanks berm
and just to let everyone know we are live once again.
www.stickam.com/mbmzr

Davey G
2010.06.12, 07:48 AM
Hi Chad, thanks for the "FEED" link, no sound though??

PNracing
2010.06.12, 10:51 AM
www.pnwc-live.com (http://www.pnwc-live.com) also can watch same link.

bermbuster
2010.06.12, 03:25 PM
I heard the racers are tearing up the RCP......
keep up the good work guys....

Traveler
2010.06.12, 04:00 PM
I heard the racers are tearing up the RCP......
keep up the good work guys....

The Jersey racers are. But it's 100 degrees in there. Cooler out in the sun.

bermbuster
2010.06.12, 07:43 PM
From what i saw on the live cam....Majs crew did awesome...
lots of hardware coming back to Jerzey....

Congrats to all the racers and especially the Winners....

My special Bud Alex "mini-maj" Banting for his C main win....
5 years old and not even in Kindegarten.....:cool:
Are you faster than a pre-schooler.....:D

lfisminiz
2010.06.12, 08:40 PM
George/Dave, any results? I assume its over?

Davey G
2010.06.12, 08:47 PM
Maj: stock 1st
Junior: mod 1st
Junior: pan 1st
Matt Ward: F1 1st

lfisminiz
2010.06.12, 08:50 PM
Thanks Dave.:)

EMU
2010.06.13, 03:11 AM
Congratulations to the winners :)

Are there any high quality videos?

Matt, what motor did you use for F1? (anyone know?)

VAzRACER
2010.06.13, 08:10 AM
Congratulations to the winners :)

Are there any high quality videos?

Matt, what motor did you use for F1? (anyone know?)

Speedy AD.

EMU
2010.06.13, 08:35 AM
Speedy AD.

Nice choice... I gotta find one of those to try...

hrdrvr
2010.06.13, 09:40 AM
im gonna keep this update short from my phone.

i got all the mains with the good camera and will post the videos this week.

ill get the results from chad, and do the same with those.

here are the results i remember off the top of my head.
2ws:
1st maj
2nd eric
3rd junior
there was a great battle for second at the end of this.

gt mod:
1st junior
2nd eric
3rd wade (from the bump)
maj and junior had an awesome battle going when majs motor quit.

f1 mod:
1st matt
2nd pedro
3rd rodney

pan mod:
1st junior
2nd landon
3rd rodney

other notables:
wade won 3 b main bumps. he really put the hammer down under pressure.

alex (mini maj) pulled out the 2ws c main win in his first race away from home!

don snatched the b main win in formula1 (from last years b winner mike), in his first race away from home.

JuniorWKR
2010.06.13, 03:07 PM
Awesome event... had a blast... really helped me forget about the 17 hours it took me to get down here with my wife and 14 month old son...

it was really nice to meet new faces and old faces again... landon and crew put on a great race and managed to complete it in just one day... thanks to the race director/announcer ;):D...

hangin in the pits was the best part of the day... made it alot easier to deal with the 96 degrees of HEAT... :eek:... man was it hot in there...

Alex a.k.a "Mini Maj" was stone cold up there on the drivers stand... showing his dad how its done when it comes to stayin cool under pressure...

thanks again to everyone who made this race possible... its great to see that there are people out there like myself who wanna continue to see this hobby grow.... Thank You Landon and the guys at MBMZR... Thank You PN... and Thanks to my sponser MHS... Maj stayed open many late nights leading up to this event just feeding me advice and parts to make my cars as good as they were...

Also big shout out to Davey G and his amazing Ruby Lube... if it wasnt for the three containers of it this weekend i would have never been able to put the power to the ground...

dbsteve
2010.06.13, 03:20 PM
Any pictures of that event? Round times? Thx, Steve

VAzRACER
2010.06.13, 03:50 PM
Nice choice... I gotta find one of those to try...

It was either that or a speedy 07, I didn't think the 07 would have enough though. It had plenty of power for the chassis.

EMU
2010.06.13, 03:56 PM
Speedy 07 still has decent rip for the F1... I want to try the AD, but cant find it anywhere. I should check MHS, thats probably the only place in the area that I will find it.

PNracing
2010.06.13, 04:49 PM
This week will be release all new motors replace old model.

32T Ball Bearing Neo Magnet
33T Ball Bearing Neo Magnet
35T Ball Bearing Neo Magnet
39T Ball Bearing Neo Magnet
43T Ball Bearing Neo Magnet
50T Ball Bearing Black Magnet
50T Bushing Black Magnet
80T Bushing Black Magnet

EMU
2010.06.13, 05:07 PM
Thank you Philip... I have been searching for motors to use for the PNWC :)
You just made my day.

SAGISI
2010.06.13, 06:34 PM
This week will be release all new motors replace old model.

32T Ball Bearing Neo Magnet
33T Ball Bearing Neo Magnet
35T Ball Bearing Neo Magnet
39T Ball Bearing Neo Magnet
43T Ball Bearing Neo Magnet
50T Ball Bearing Black Magnet
50T Bushing Black Magnet
80T Bushing Black Magnet

Any specs for these motors? And which motors have your team drivers been running for the pn regional layout in mod?

PNracing
2010.06.13, 07:19 PM
All spec will be post soon.

hpgod
2010.06.14, 06:49 AM
Congrats to all. Landon it was a great event hope everyone made it home safe.
The plex made it a physical test (miniz sauna racing)

hrdrvr
2010.06.14, 03:07 PM
I don't know whether it was the adrenaline or what, but I never even got hot on Saturday. I wasn't sweaty, and I didn't stink..... :D Maybe I've just gotten used to this sweltering SC heat......My wife informed me that it was unbearably hot though. I hope it wasn't miserable to any one, and that it didn't ruin any one's race weekend. Ill try and keep my big events out of the middle of the summer next year :D I don't have much of a window to choose from for the PN regionals though.

Overall, I think we had an incredible event. We didn't break any records for attendance, but those who did come, came to race. We had the top group from our local club in attendance. The guys who came from NC represent the fastest they have to offer. MHS came down with 5 guys, four of which are A-Main in their group, and the two loaners who came (Matt and Art) are at the top of the charts in their local areas. All in all, the best racers in the south east and a few of the best from the north were represented at the event. With this group, there was close racing from the top of the field to the bottom.

Maj and Junior came down and outclassed the field by a margin, but we managed to get a southern racer squeezed in with them here and there. They took the TQs and wins in the classes they participated in. Mark and Billy showed they could run with the best from down here as well. Neither of them had the best luck in the mains, and both missed out on podium finishes, but they were still racing at the tops of their classes, and running with the best from the south! The little guy 'Mini Maj' put a win down in the first race of the day (2WS C-Main) to start the MHS crew off on their rampage.

Team HSH also came to race this day! Wade didn't have the best luck qualifying, but won three B-Mains to race 7 of the last 8 races of the day including getting on the podium in the GT Mod A! That's one way not to have to marshall big guy :D You keep racing in the B's, and Ill let you slide on it all the time ;) Rodney looked like he was struggling with his cars at the beginning of the day, but pulled some things together to hit two podiums (3rd F1/pan) in the A-Mains. Pedro stepped it up on this one too! He made three A-Mains, and just missed two podiums, while grabbing a strong 2nd in F1 behind Matt.

What can I say about my MBMZR guys? Collin the 12 year old wonder qualified in the A in Pan and GT Mod (only two classes he ran), which was a tall order with this drivers list! Chad has proved in the last two races that he is one to be reckoned with by placing in two A-Mains. Eric, the big man, put down two strong second places for our top finishes. I managed to squeak out a second in pan mod for our final podium finish!

The two loaners that came in finished well too. A couple of long laps pushed Art down the line in the 2WS B-Main, but he still had a strong respectable run. Matt, from Reflex, came down and showed us what a dialed F1 should look like. He set TQ by almost a lap, and put the field more than two laps down in the main. He also had a strong qualifying run in 2WS to get into the A, but too many mistakes and tie ups early had him parked in the pit lane watching the finale of the race.

I have all of the videos on Stickam organized and titled, so you can check them out while waiting for youtube to finalize the HQ videos. Just check out this link (http://www.stickam.com/viewMovieGallery.do?uId=179300260). Ill have a link for the youtube videos in the morning. Ive got them qued up, but it usually takes quite a few hours for them to get uploaded. As far as pictures, they are in the hands of others. I saw Mrs. Maj with a camera, and Mr. Ward (Matt's dad) took a lot of the award pics for me. Hopefully they will post some up, or share some with me so I can post them.

hrdrvr
2010.06.14, 03:19 PM
I have to say thanks to all the racers who came out and braved the heat! Its always a pleasure to race with the crew we have created between NC and SC, and Matt always fits right in when he comes down. Art is becoming a regular too, and his participation is highly enjoyed at our events. MHS, you guys really brought it together to get 5 down here, and it is really appreciated. I did the same thing Bill and Mark did last year, so I know how tough of a weekend you guys had! Thanks again to every one for coming out!

A few big thanks have to go out to the Hanna family! Not only did Eric come down and have a strong showing for our local crew, his lovely wife called all the races and pretty much ran the whole event on her own. Its not often that I get to race without the pressure of keeping everything moving, and that is invaluable to me! My buddy Griffin (Eric and Missy's other son, Collin is theirs as well) worked the camera for me for about half of the mains, and that was a big help too!

The next family to thank is my own. Daddy Rabbit does countless things for our club and the mini-Z community here locally. This event was no exception. His company donated the Karaoke machine (used as a PA), some of the RCP, the drivers stands, the scaffold for the camera stand, the fencing material and labor to put it up, and countless other items that are detrimental around the track. I can't give enough thanks for what he does for our club and events. Momma Rabbit stepped it up and came in early to do registration for me. She also collected money for the store, and watched my child while my wife (who also deserves thanks) ran the store for the afternoon.

It's really neat how much of a family affair Mini-Z racing is. There were four father son duos (Banting, Burton, Hanna, Thompson) at the track this day, and many family members around the track watching and cheering drivers on! The fact that I can enjoy these races with my family, and the other racer's families just makes it all that much more enjoyable and rewarding to me! So, thanks to all the families who are into Mini-Z racing together!

chad508
2010.06.14, 06:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/chad508/panmodamain.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/chad508/panmodbmain.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/chad508/gtmodamain.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/chad508/gtmodbmain.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/chad508/f1modamain.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/chad508/f1modbmain.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/chad508/2wheelsstockamain.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/chad508/2wheelstockbmain.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/chad508/2wheelstockcmain.jpg

chad508
2010.06.14, 06:53 PM
i finally got it to work. enjoy

machgo5go
2010.06.14, 07:39 PM
Congrat. to all the winners and can't wait to here Maj's & JR's stories in ripping up the RCP. Also looking forward to hear Mini-Maj's 1st hand out takes!

cosmicsoul
2010.06.15, 08:53 AM
Had a great time! As usual great event put on MBMZR! A little grueling but fun!

Hope to see everyone soon!

pedrocamp
2010.06.15, 11:12 AM
Thanks again MBMZR for a fun, competitive event. I am sure the temperature will be a bit more pleasant in October! Everything was top notch though, BIG thanks to Missy Hanna for running the race and of course the entire Thompson family.

Thanks to Maj's group for making the trek down, I learned a lot.. as EMU too proved not long ago at the CC event, the NY-NJ group is probably the strongest overall in the country. I was really impressed with Junior's speed, his control under braking with his mod cars was phenomenal! Both he and Maj were untouchable by our southern groups.. though MB's Eric Hanna made a helluva run at em! I was also very impressed by Alex! If the 5 year olds are that fast up there we have some work to do down here.

Matt Ward was the class of the F1 field, his car was stuck (great driving with some choice Mantis parts). He is always fun to race with.

Our HSH group was well represented and I think we all made a good showing. Congrats to Wade, he made some strong runs in the B's to bump into all the A's.

Great job by Collin Hanna, boy wonder... he makes me feel old!

Daddy Rabbit
2010.06.15, 01:27 PM
Thanks son and thanks to all for particapating.
Congrats to all the guys on the podiums.

kromie101
2010.06.15, 08:11 PM
well i finally got my internet back:eek:.

big thanks to landon for getting this all organized and andy for all the green backs he spent on the cool cage/fence we raced in. i know he likes to do it right ;). it was just hot:Dlol. great job.

junior,i can't thank ya enough for helping me out. this guy just come out of the blue and started helping me wrench on my cars:cool:. he got me all dialed in and even gave collin one of his mod motors. he must of thought i was real slow:p:D. thanks again for everything:). o yeah,and he's scremin fast.

it was good to meet the crew from jersey.everyone of those guys were fast. even little alex.he was in my qualifier and that little dude walked me down the straight. all the jersey guys had motor:D.

what can i say about my hsh crew.my favorite mr.pick,when can we go for a walk on the beach:D. wade the mad bumper. good job on keeping it together.rodney,i want some of that green paint:).good job on your finish. pedro,it's always fun to race with ya,we always race clean against each other. jay and mike,i love you guys to. glad you guys made it.

i'm done for now.i can't type fast ,it took me 20 min to do this.

hrdrvr
2010.06.16, 07:41 AM
Thanks for posting the results Chad! Here are most of the videos to go along with them. For some reason I keep having trouble loading the GT Mod B. Ill try again and link it here when I get it working. For now though, there is no reason to delay posting the others any further.

2WS:
C-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8JtOSTz5fk)

B-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr6IwHzgrQI)

A-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEFjJ4fakM0)

GT Mod:
B-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXThg7vf7sU)

A-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJAC6rZKXD4)

F1 Mod:
B-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfVhKafWc9A)

A-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lAKzgsQQPw)

Pan Mod:
B-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfJ3nKLZDpE)

A-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nluK5FX0sWg)

hrdrvr
2010.06.16, 08:55 AM
GT B added!

kromie101
2010.06.16, 07:23 PM
i'm itching to race again:D.

chad,bring that speed you had last sat to this friday night racing.i guess we're going short track racing friday.one thing for sure,there will be AC;). i still wanna get on that big track layout LT laid down at the plex.

ruf993
2010.06.16, 11:14 PM
I have to say thanks to all the racers who came out and braved the heat! Its always a pleasure to race with the crew we have created between NC and SC, and Matt always fits right in when he comes down. Art is becoming a regular too, and his participation is highly enjoyed at our events. MHS, you guys really brought it together to get 5 down here, and it is really appreciated. I did the same thing Bill and Mark did last year, so I know how tough of a weekend you guys had! Thanks again to every one for coming out!

A few big thanks have to go out to the Hanna family! Not only did Eric come down and have a strong showing for our local crew, his lovely wife called all the races and pretty much ran the whole event on her own. Its not often that I get to race without the pressure of keeping everything moving, and that is invaluable to me! My buddy Griffin (Eric and Missy's other son, Collin is theirs as well) worked the camera for me for about half of the mains, and that was a big help too!

The next family to thank is my own. Daddy Rabbit does countless things for our club and the mini-Z community here locally. This event was no exception. His company donated the Karaoke machine (used as a PA), some of the RCP, the drivers stands, the scaffold for the camera stand, the fencing material and labor to put it up, and countless other items that are detrimental around the track. I can't give enough thanks for what he does for our club and events. Momma Rabbit stepped it up and came in early to do registration for me. She also collected money for the store, and watched my child while my wife (who also deserves thanks) ran the store for the afternoon.

It's really neat how much of a family affair Mini-Z racing is. There were four father son duos (Banting, Burton, Hanna, Thompson) at the track this day, and many family members around the track watching and cheering drivers on! The fact that I can enjoy these races with my family, and the other racer's families just makes it all that much more enjoyable and rewarding to me! So, thanks to all the families who are into Mini-Z racing together!

Finaly got back in to the grove of things.... so now I have some time to ck out the forums.. Just wanted to say thanks Landon and his crew for there great southern hospitality. I had a great time racing at SE PNWC and staying at a beach front hotel was just icing on the cake.:cool:
hope to see ya guys soon!!;)

blt456
2010.06.17, 12:21 AM
Just wondering, what kind of setups were the winners using? I am going to run gt and pan mod soon so it would be cool to see what some good setups are

chad508
2010.06.17, 08:55 PM
just got done watching the vids. man they turned out great.

hrdrvr
2010.06.18, 08:24 AM
Just wondering, what kind of setups were the winners using? I am going to run gt and pan mod soon so it would be cool to see what some good setups are

In GT Mod I ran a 102mm C9 with a very simple set up. I used the PN extra long king pins for the spring over conversion. I ran it with a PN 98/102 pod and multi-length DDS. It was outfitted with a QteQ/RR/PN diff.

The car was great at the beginning of the day, but a few early mix-ups in round 1 took me out of contention so I sat out the second half of the run. The second round I did a little better, but got flipped and broke my wing. The car didn't feel very good after that, but I scored a good enough run to make the top flight. I was at the bottom though, and knew it was going to take a good run to get into the A. A couple of minutes in, my diff started unloading really bad, and I ended up in the B. I rebuilt the diff and headed out confident for the B, but I got tangled early, and made a few mistakes before regaining composure. I was a lap down to first and second, but felt I had the car to still pull it out. I got my lap back, and gave it up again. All this time while pushing really hard I guess I was getting a lot of heat in the rear tires. They got better and better, then just dropped off and the rear end went to crap. I fell into a groove just making laps in third, but think I got pushed off of the podium at the end. I just couldn't drive the car at all coming out of corners. After the race I found that my left rear tire had broken free of the glue, and was hanging half way off of the rim. It was perfectly lined up, like I purposely mounted it hanging 4mm off the wheel. I guess the fresh tape held it on there, but obviously this was causing problems. I've already taken this car apart to get it back ready for stock class HFAY tonight, but I can get what springs/gearing/etc for you, if you care to know the exact set up of a fourth place B-Main car, lol.

My pan car has the same minimalistic approach, but I had much better luck with it. I'm not tearing it down, so I can grab pics if you want to see some. It is set up with a PN LCG94/98V1 on an RR 96mm medium T-plate. I'm running a multi-length DDS (red bottom/gold top spring) and the QteQ/RR/PN diff set up. The front end is set up with RR king pins, white springs, and about 2mm of droop. I'm running the stock arms, but somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5-2d camber (set with the ride height). I ran the +3 PN wheels that came with the car wrapped with worn out Kyosho 40 front radials and 20 radial rears (also worn out). I run RR bearings exclusively, and was geared at 12/53. The pan car I ran is painted with the front end reinforced. I did not trim the rear, and did not run the lexan wing on top. After the main my car weighed about 179g, with the body equaling 43 of that.

In the first qualifier I hit 52 laps which turned out to be enough for A-Main. I followed it up with a 53/8:08 and moved myself into second behind Junior. In the third qualifier I got tangled a couple of time early and really just pushed for hot laps and tried to stay out of the way for the other guys. Eric hit a 54 lap run and got in front of me, and Bill got a 53/8:08, but was still just behind me. In the main I drove right into the wall on the start. At turn one I was in last place, even after telling myself how important it was for me to have a good start. In the right hand infiled there was a little mix-up coming in and I squeaked by. There were a few other tangles that I managed to avoid, and coming around to the lap counter (still on the first lap) I was about midfield of the pack. I saw, coming into that section, there was a tangle under the bridge. I took a really swoopy line into there so I could be ready when I hit the traffic. There were cars pulling off of the wall, and a car slowing down to miss the accident. I snuck up the inside and pulled onto the straight to take the lead. I drove in first knowing every one was going to be coming for me. It wasn't long before Junior was up on my bumper, but I wanted to make him work to get by. I was having to push really hard to try and keep him a bobble away, and the first time we came up on a lap car I tried to make the move too quick and tangled us up. Junior got by and never looked back. I was standing at that end of the drivers stand so the marshall blocked my view, and I lost a lot of ground there. Ovewr the next few laps I plugged it a few times, and very quickly, I was being called in 5th place. I told myself, just settle in, you are still on the same lap as second. With each of the next few laps came a position, and soon enough I was back in second. Within a few laps after that I was putting the rest of the field laps down, and by the 7 minute mark, I had third down a lap to me. It was mostly attributed to clean driving, avoiding accidents, and a good car. I wasn't perfect, but I was cleaner than others. Once I got the third place car a lap down (Junior had me down a few by this point), I put it on cruise control and just tried to make laps without stopping and getting into major tangles. With smooth driving and not pushing I ended up doing my hottest laps of the race (Got down to 8.20x), and easily held my second place podium spot.

just got done watching the vids. man they turned out great.

I like this camera perspective, but I don't know how well its going to cover with the track stretched out further :D All we can do is test it out right :D I'm definitely going to have better colors by the next race so I can see my car better!

Maj, You and yours will always be welcome at our track. It was a pleasure having y'all down, and I hope to get to race with y'all again soon.

kromie101
2010.06.18, 09:23 AM
dude that is way to much info:p. it would take me an hour and a half to type that.i don't even remember that much:p:D:) cya in a bit:cool:.

2EZ
2010.06.18, 11:23 AM
kromie101 with that ADD I bet you never finnished reading!!

hrdrvr
2010.06.18, 12:00 PM
i don't even remember that much:p:D:) cya in a bit:cool:.

Dude, I find that hard to believe. Later tonight you will be reminding me of some corner we went through together from a layout 6 months ago, lol.

SaiTam
2010.06.21, 09:55 AM
The F1 lap times are pretty fast. What is a good PN motor and gearing to use? I tried a couple of the old PN motors and they generate too much heat after 7 mins of use. How are the new motors off the shelf?

VAzRACER
2010.06.21, 10:39 AM
The F1 lap times are pretty fast. What is a good PN motor and gearing to use? I tried a couple of the old PN motors and they generate too much heat after 7 mins of use. How are the new motors off the shelf?

I used a speedy ad, it's a 39t motor. It was geared at 10/52 (64p). It ran very warm but it was about 95 degrees in the building. It did run warmed than most of the motors I had tried in the car the week before.

I just bought a the new 39t and 43t motors to try out in hopes that the run cooler and provide the same power. I will try them this weekend.

JuniorWKR
2010.06.21, 10:44 AM
not that i have had the oppurtunity to test it yet but i would think that maybe the 50t bb motor with silver brushes and good gearing should be a great shoice to go with... im thinking its gonna be alot like the speedy 05 which was a great motor... shouldnt get you in trouble with the lowend but should still put out pleanty of top end especially with the silver brushes... if it winds up that it produces alot of drag brake just put the silver brush on the positive side and leave the stock brush on the neg side...

JuniorWKR
2010.06.21, 11:20 AM
after watching matts f1 with the mantis setup i have been seriously considering getting back into it again... i might even set one up in time for the pn regional race at mhs...

lfisminiz
2010.06.21, 12:13 PM
JR................i got to say, the Mantis parts make a BIG difference. I packed away my F-1 many of times...untill now!!;)

SaiTam
2010.06.21, 12:20 PM
not that i have had the oppurtunity to test it yet but i would think that maybe the 50t bb motor with silver brushes and good gearing should be a great shoice to go with... im thinking its gonna be alot like the speedy 05 which was a great motor... shouldnt get you in trouble with the lowend but should still put out pleanty of top end especially with the silver brushes... if it winds up that it produces alot of drag brake just put the silver brush on the positive side and leave the stock brush on the neg side...

A new 50T blew up last Sat. at the local track; and another person told me about too much heat. 50T is not fast enough for me anyway. How about the other faster PN motors? Which one heats up the least?

JuniorWKR
2010.06.21, 12:34 PM
i ran the 35t in both my mod and pan mod at the SE reg race... it was 96 degrees both days in there and with my batteries peaked and the gearing really high the motors didnt get any warmer then what they do by Maj... so i would say thats probally the best motor to go with as far as heat is concerned... you will just have to be a little gingert on the throttle coming outta the turn as those motors produce a ton of torque...

hrdrvr
2010.06.21, 12:47 PM
^ I ran a 35t and couldnt get my car to run for even 8 minutes. I thermally shut down every single run, and didnt make it more than 6 minutes until the main, where I made it about 7 and a half.

I ran the speedy AWD in the first run and made it almost the full distance. My car was hot afterwards, and power for the last minute was basically non-existant (couldn't even hardly make it around the track). That run was good enough to get me into the A without even finishing abother run, but the car was far too slow to try and compete with Matt and the other fast F1 guys from NC. Once I swapped to the 35t I tried three different sets of batteries (ORI 900s, matched R1900s, and matched R1750s), and three different gearing combos. The main was my longest run, but I was babying the car, and was geared down further than I would have liked to have been. When the race was over my car sat in pit lane for a while, so I dont know how hot it was when I stopped running. Every other run the batteries and motor could have melted skin if you touched them for too long. In the main, I was racing for third, on the same lap with second when it finally gave up.

JuniorWKR
2010.06.21, 01:11 PM
it might have been gearing... my 35t motors usually run about 2 teeth less on the pinion then most motors and still winds up being twice as fast on the top end...

hrdrvr
2010.06.21, 02:36 PM
My 35ts were fine in pan and GT mod. They just werent fast enough bottom end for the F1, so I was driving really hard into and out of the corners, which I think made it heat up worse. In the main I was trying to baby it more. I went further than any other run, but still didnt make it to the end :( I went from 10/44 down to 8/44 (trying 9 in the last round of qualifying, and 8 in the main), so I dont think I was geared too high for the motor. Its just not that good of a motor for F1 IMO.

EMU
2010.06.21, 04:41 PM
Landon, I think the 35t would be geared too high even at a 7/46t on the F1... I am going to be picking up a few of the PN motors this week for testing.

pick
2010.06.22, 08:19 AM
Well, I'm finally back from the beach and have computer access again. The SE Regionals were a blast :cool:. For those of you who don't know already, those MHS guys are freakin' FASSSSSST!! The only thing more beautiful than Maj or Junior's car going 'round the track were the perfectly formed beads of sweat rolling off of Eric's bald head :p. However, after any event I attend there are always many what if's and maybe's that follow :rolleyes:.

Maybe I shouldn't have worn that really uncomfortable thong ........:eek:

What if Eric's wife wouldn't have been there...........would he have given me more attention? ;)

Maybe if Jay and I would have showered seperately on race day I wouldn't have felt so dirty :confused:.

Maybe drinking recycled sweat all day instead of buying bottled water wasn't the best idea :o.

Maybe we should have locked Maj in the bathroom, stole Junior's batteries, and stomped little Maj's cars so someone else had a chance :eek:.

All kidding aside fellows, it was a great weekend of racing. A big thanks goes out to Landon and everyone else that made this event happen. As always, everything was well organized and smoothly run. Congrats to the winners and I can't wait til next time :D.

pedrocamp
2010.06.22, 11:01 AM
I've heard of a "Dirty Sanchez" but what's a "Dirty Vasquez"?

JuniorWKR
2010.06.22, 01:18 PM
no matter how you put it, its just plain dirty...

JuniorWKR
2010.06.22, 02:00 PM
any pics yet from anyone?

Mike Keely
2010.06.22, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know the true date of the worlds?

kromie101
2010.06.22, 06:44 PM
james,you are my hero:D. you make me laugh like a little school girl. LOL

chad508
2010.06.22, 06:47 PM
Does anyone know the true date of the worlds?

october 29-31

2EZ
2010.06.23, 09:05 AM
james,you are my hero:D. you make me laugh like a little school girl. LOL

I can't get the image of you and the little school girl out of my mind :eek:
and the damage that shared shower remark did will never be repaired
you guys need to stop ya killing me!!

2EZ
2010.06.23, 09:06 AM
any pics yet from anyone?

with the direction this thread has taken asking for photos is realy crazy!!:D

hrdrvr
2010.06.23, 09:40 AM
EMU, By your standards I'm definitely over-geared, lol. To be honest though, I just think the motor doesn't have enough grunt either way. When I geared lower it just made the car slower, it didn't add any punch. The car felt better with the SpeedyAWD, it just wasn't fast enough overall. I was getting killed at the end of the straight. I know straight away speed isn't the all important, but it needed to be at least close to par if I wanted to defend or attack these other F1s that were running.

Who's idea was it to go mod with these things anyway? j/k, but in truth, I liked it when it was 70t with no front bumper and you had to drive the car tenderly around the track. Don't get me wrong, the speed is fun, but it seems like its getting away from the gentlemanly class it used to be. Also, I guess I'm just not good enough to compete when the speed bar is raised......

James, its always fun to be at the race track with you. Your after race commentary is always the best part though. You make me laugh, and I don't even have to smell you :D

Junior, I'm hoping Mrs. Maj, or Mr. Ward will come through at some point. My camera took a crap on me when I took the last pics of the track the week before the race. I haven't had time to get a new one, so I only had my phone. I snapped a couple, but they are poor at best.

Mike Keely, Chad has you covered on the date for the worlds. Are we finally going to get a few more VA/MD people down to MB? Matt and Jeremy are the only ones who've ever made it down.

Tannie, I think you are right...pictures may not be what we are looking for to keep this thread rolling, lol. It may roll in a direction I don't want to follow :p

VAzRACER
2010.06.23, 11:31 AM
I don't have many pics but I'll get what I have up tonight. I know I have pics of all the winners and maybe a few of the pits and track.

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy since I got back and didn't have my laptop for a while.

kromie101
2010.06.28, 08:13 PM
matt, did you get them pics? i wanna check out my pretty mug shoot:D.