PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a combination!!!

supercheesy107
2010.04.02, 02:57 AM
Since i probably might buy a MA-010 limited edition kit i am just wondering what i should buy to make it start running? I found out about the KT-18 transmitter and i really like it but i just don't know what else to buy that is compatible with the KT-18 transmitter:confused:If i am missing anything else please tell Thanks in advance:)

TheSloth
2010.04.02, 04:29 AM
From the horse's mouth: http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=105200

MINI-Z AWD MA-010 Chassis Assembly KIT SP Limited

< Required for Operation >

Auto Scale Collection body set for MA-010 (wheelbase M / L) *some body sets for MR-015 can also be used
R/C Unit / MD013 2.4GHz (ASF) or MD010 27MHz+MZW3 MZ crystal set
Transmitter / KT-18 (for 2.4GHz) or other brand transmitters for Mini-Z (for 27MHz)
Batteries for transmitter
4 x AAA-size batteries (alkaline or Ni-MH) for chassis

Action B
2010.04.02, 08:33 AM
Since i probably might buy a MA-010 limited edition kit i am just wondering what i should buy to make it start running? I found out about the KT-18 transmitter and i really like it but i just don't know what else to buy that is compatible with the KT-18 transmitter:confused:If i am missing anything else please tell Thanks in advance:)

The only things compatible with the KT-18 are going to be Kyosho Mini-Z and Dnano.

If you want a transmitter that can be used with more vehicles from different manufacturers the easiest thing to do is get a KO-PROPO EX-1UR, Helios or Euros (sp?). Those are modular and modules can be purchased to support non ASF 2.4 vehicles, AM vehicles and finally FM vehicles and receivers are available.

OF course your going to find a steep price difference here.

bermbuster
2010.04.02, 11:44 AM
The only things compatible with the KT-18 are going to be Kyosho Mini-Z and Dnano.

If you want a transmitter that can be used with more vehicles from different manufacturers the easiest thing to do is get a KO-PROPO EX-1UR, Helios or Euros (sp?). Those are modular and modules can be purchased to support non ASF 2.4 vehicles, AM vehicles and finally FM vehicles and receivers are available.

OF course your going to find a steep price difference here.

Action B is right.....
you can use other modular radios(tx) as well. They need an adapter sold by PN and others or you modify the 2.4 module yourself and make it work.
Other TX s you can use Airtronics M8 & M11 Futaba PK3.

Just remember module based TXs are about $200 and above with no modules. You can purchase am,fm,spektrum, and 2.4 modules for those TXs the modules range from 60-125.....