PDA

View Full Version : How about this for a Mini-z race?

russp
2010.04.09, 12:22 AM
Be sure to watch the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiLoANg6nNY&playnext_from=TL&videos=ojvqBWlmBZo

Scrapper
2010.04.09, 10:20 AM
its not real

the guy is turning the controller not on camera

russp
2010.04.12, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I'm sure you can get Lewis Hamilton to make a fake vid just for fun. What the heck are you talking about?

ScoobyPete
2010.04.12, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I'm sure you can get Lewis Hamilton to make a fake vid just for fun. What the heck are you talking about?

the video was actually a Viral made by Blackberry and Vodafone.
Its just coincindence that they used a Miniz F1 as it was the only widley avalible F1 RC car around.

If you'd bothered to search both these Forums and the web you will have seen that its been argued, disscussed and proved to be a clever peice of marketing the video was actually a Viral made by Blackberry and Vodafone who happen to Sponsor Hamilton and had an exclusive on the blackberry at the time.

russp
2010.04.12, 02:36 PM
How about this, just stay out of our local forum. Stupid to debate as I really don't give a rat's arse if it's real, not real. It's the idea that is cool as it could in fact be done.

bermbuster
2010.04.12, 02:57 PM
How about this, just stay out of our local forum. Stupid to debate as I really don't give a rat's arse if it's real, not real. It's the idea that is cool as it could in fact be done.

I remember when I first saw the video it is pretty kool......

hpgod
2010.04.12, 03:46 PM
russ
I have seen that vid ~ 1 year ago on a sgrid offroad f1 forum. cool stuff. The things money can buy lol.

Hope your planes are still airborne:)

I just got back from the MB 4 hour enduro. hank was on my team till raceday but allergies had swollen his eyes shut:( He left his chargers so i expect to see him soon again). Enduros are iron man events.

If you ever get the bug to run again hit me up as I still play most days.
I will be going to NC and SC this year for some races to keep active.

Art

russp
2010.04.12, 09:46 PM
russ
I have seen that vid ~ 1 year ago on a sgrid offroad f1 forum. cool stuff. The things money can buy lol.

Hope your planes are still airborne:)

I just got back from the MB 4 hour enduro. hank was on my team till raceday but allergies had swollen his eyes shut:( He left his chargers so i expect to see him soon again). Enduros are iron man events.

If you ever get the bug to run again hit me up as I still play most days.
I will be going to NC and SC this year for some races to keep active.

Art

Who's left these days? Just you and myself and maybe Hank? I need to call Patrick and figure out what he's doing these days. I love the planes but don't plan on getting rid of my cars. I'd actually like to do an F1 series on HFAY sometime, assuming they do that.

hpgod
2010.04.12, 10:21 PM
I had an email from patrick in jan. he may be back fornext season.

I am trying to get some neighbors into it also. some have played with slots cars in the past.

russp
2010.04.14, 04:47 PM
If you can get more for stock that would be great. If not then I'm up for F1 as that's really my nicest car. I need to replace the motor in my stock to see if I can get it to not be so poky. If I didn't spend all my money on planes (and boy is it a lot this year :) ) then I could have a new 2.4 Ghz Mini-Z. This local guy keeps selling me his sweet planes for about 40% of what he's got in them. Very hard to say no to but I need to start as I've got more than I need now. :)