PDA

View Full Version : No reverse

badchad
2010.04.11, 09:27 PM
I have the mr-02 mm i chassis and it has no brake it goes straight to reverse is there anything I could do?

Action B
2010.04.11, 11:56 PM
I have the mr-02 mm i chassis and it has no brake it goes straight to reverse is there anything I could do?

Is it an AM board?

Where did you get the chassis from?

Some older boards had no brake function, you may have an old board or something in that MR-02.

badchad
2010.04.12, 10:16 PM
Is it an AM board?

Where did you get the chassis from?

Some older boards had no brake function, you may have an old board or something in that MR-02.

I got it about a month ago brand new rom my lhs and it is an AM board.:)

mleemor60
2010.04.13, 08:13 AM
It sounds like you may have purchased one of the I-series packages. Kyosho came out with these entry level RTR kits with some options not provided in the higher end or mid packages. The I-series cars were not equipped with a brake function. One of the easiest way to determine which board is in the car is by color. The I boards are more bluish than green. The later 02 boards are almost grass green.

If you paid in the vicinity of $125 for the kit it is probably an I-series. If the kit was in the $150 range then it should be a later version 02 with the brake function.

All is not lost though. The advent of 2.4ghz has created a plethora of AM boards in stock and stacked configuration for a price that would equate to peanuts.