PDA

View Full Version : extra part

syafiq
2010.04.17, 02:05 AM
when i buy atomic front one way and ball diff sp TAR, it came with an extra part that i dont no what it is. can anyone tell me what it is and how to use it.

here is the picture of the part
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy157/moe-otaku/frontoneway.jpg
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy157/moe-otaku/diffball.jpg

also can anyone give me a step to disassemble and assemble ball diff sp TAR properly.

also i was thinking to change my ball diff sp TAR from 28t to 26t so it will become like this.
front:28t rear:26t

is it ok for me to make this setup, because i want to make my rear tyre to have more rpm.

Pierro
2010.04.17, 04:38 AM
Hello!

On the TAR difs, these parts are shims to center your dif and replacement o-rings.
I assume the shims are the same on the one-way.

Traveler
2010.04.17, 06:27 AM
also can anyone give me a step to disassemble and assemble ball diff sp TAR properly.

Check the building a competition AWD tutorial on Reflex website.

also i was thinking to change my ball diff sp TAR from 28t to 26t so it will become like this.
front:28t rear:26t

is it ok for me to make this setup, because i want to make my rear tyre to have more rpm.

Don't think your car will run properly. Imagine what would happen to handling if the fronts and rears were turning at different speeds. I guess you could make up for it with larger diameter rears, but it would be really hard to find the right size difference front to back.

Mike Keely
2010.04.18, 11:35 AM
If you use a one-way in the front you can run the car so the rear wheels drive the car. You will want to have either a little bit smaller diameter tire in the front or a larger on in the rear. I guess you could do this with spur gears also but my thought would be that it would have to big of a split from front to rear and the car would be out of control before the fronts started to pull. This will make the car drive more like a 2 wheel drive car and only use the front wheels to pull you out of a turn when the rear wheels start to spin.

syafiq
2010.04.27, 04:18 AM
If you use a one-way in the front you can run the car so the rear wheels drive the car. You will want to have either a little bit smaller diameter tire in the front or a larger on in the rear. I guess you could do this with spur gears also but my thought would be that it would have to big of a split from front to rear and the car would be out of control before the fronts started to pull. This will make the car drive more like a 2 wheel drive car and only use the front wheels to pull you out of a turn when the rear wheels start to spin.

so will the setup damage any part of my car. the reason i want to increase my rear rpm so i can make a really insane drift.