PDA

View Full Version : min z track at kyosho america

B-main
2010.05.01, 08:26 PM
i just ran across this .the place looks great http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/news.php?article_id=254

ocean rodeo
2010.05.01, 09:35 PM
Nice find:)

ruf
2010.05.02, 02:31 AM
Wow there seems to be a ton of new options for racing in the SoCal area!

Roger
2010.05.02, 02:41 AM
The good thing about this track is that the surface is the same as the tracks that the D-Nano's run. It's super smooth and it's black carpet !!

yasuji
2010.05.02, 02:44 AM
The good thing about this track is that the surface is the same as the tracks that the D-Nano's run. It's super smooth and it's black carpet !!
i wonder how it will do over time when we get some mod cars laying down some rubber....:eek:

HaCo
2010.05.02, 04:07 AM
And what surface is that? :rolleyes:

CristianTabush
2010.05.02, 10:40 AM
i wonder how it will do over time when we get some mod cars laying down some rubber....:eek:

It will have more grip than anything you have ever run on...

Roger
2010.05.02, 04:06 PM

Exactly Grant !! hehehe. There's a track in Korea called the underground that has the same surface.

R1WURKS
2010.05.03, 07:07 PM
We saw the track yesterday, definitely well put together.The place is super clean & has a big screen monitor setup on the far end of the shop.Ample parking on the side of the building. :)

Z_408
2010.05.03, 07:20 PM
I have driven on this surface before and it really hooks up.

Felix2010
2010.05.05, 08:50 AM
What exactly is the carpet this track is made of? Is there a particular name for it? I didn't know that the Dnano's had a different track surface, I thought the Dnano tracks were just a smaller version of the RCP modular tracks...:confused:

Half
2010.05.12, 10:57 AM
What exactly is the carpet this track is made of? Is there a particular name for it? I didn't know that the Dnano's had a different track surface, I thought the Dnano tracks were just a smaller version of the RCP modular tracks...:confused:

That make us two.
It may be carpet, but what kind of carpet exactly? I'm always confused about what carpet does best for Z's.

benmlee
2010.05.12, 04:09 PM
The carpet at the Kyosho track had very short fine fiber. Looks like is the loop type where the strand forms a loop. Is quite dense too. Was told the people who made the Kyosho Dnano track also made this track. The track is very well made. Wall are made of wood, so you have to be careful. All the corners have ramps.
I was running RCP tires, so the traction is like using the smooth side of RCP track. One good thing about carpet is that is consistent. All parts of the track react the same, and is smooth. The down side is that the course is fixed. You can't change the layout easily. You can get really good at that course, but have to relearn at a new course.

ocean rodeo
2010.05.12, 04:15 PM
Who makes it, what is it called??

benmlee
2010.05.15, 01:01 PM
Didn't ask what the name of the carpet is. Something like this for 1/10 should be similar:

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?name=Shopping_Cart&file=product&c_op=viewprod&prodID=7718822

mugler
2010.06.02, 01:28 AM
Are there any pit spaces at this track? & does anyone actually go there to run on it or is it going to be a solo mission when we get there?

yasuji
2010.06.02, 09:24 AM
Are there any pit spaces at this track? & does anyone actually go there to run on it or is it going to be a solo mission when we get there?

been there ...done that.....grip is good and no worries of traction roll ....there are about 10 pit spaces
i have a whole mini-z weekend planned!
RcKenon Friday night racing
PNWC SO-CAL REGIONAL Saturday
Route 241 Raceway Sunday!:D

akura2
2010.06.02, 02:31 PM
Since all of you guys asked... the type of carpet s called Pytex... it's used for convention exhibition booths... the track a Underground in Korea is MAD hooked up... and I was at Kyosho America's Route 241 track two weeks ago, and it works very well.... there was a guy there that makes his own foam tires for the Mini-Z, and I tell ya, his car was absolutely on rails...

I ran my cars there, MR-03, Dnano, F1, and they actually came off the track cleaner than they went on... there was a guy drifting a Honda Odyssey on the track as well so it's good for drifting if so inclined....