PDA

View Full Version : 3 degree knuckles too much

rajiex
2010.05.13, 09:03 PM
I am running a MR-02 on 3 degree knuckles, is that too much. What is the best degree knuckle and toe-in to run. I am a newbie, so I need something that will help both in the straights and turns.

mleemor60
2010.05.13, 09:38 PM
I only run enough camber to make the tires wear evenly. After that it is just overkill.

LED
2010.05.14, 04:25 AM
It could be. Adding to much camber can have a backwards effect. Like mleemor said, you should look at your tires to see if they wear evenly.

dvsstrike
2010.05.14, 07:25 AM
i run the three's that was the only way i could get the turn i wanted with a certain set up i wanted, sure you could do it with other things also. what is your set up? are you running high wheel offset? lots of variables in it. my tires wera flat with the three on kyosho 30's with zero offset.post your set up and we will go from there. generally camber is only for tire wear.

Action B
2010.05.14, 11:05 AM
i run the three's that was the only way i could get the turn i wanted with a certain set up i wanted, sure you could do it with other things also. what is your set up? are you running high wheel offset? lots of variables in it. my tires wera flat with the three on kyosho 30's with zero offset.post your set up and we will go from there. generally camber is only for tire wear.

My girlfriends MR-02 has 1.5 degree front knuckles. Here is her setup best I can remember.

98mm wheelbase
I'm uncertain the offsets. But its on an enzo body.
Atomic soft rear plate
PN rear diff a little on the looser side.
40 degree atomic fronts, 20 degree kyosho rears.