PDA

View Full Version : Changing offsets

rajiex
2010.05.17, 06:53 PM
If I had a AWD that came with ASC set as 2N or 1.5N in the front, what happens when I change to 0N.

Does it get better steering at the loss of speed. Will it tumble more since it is narrower now?

Action B
2010.05.17, 06:58 PM
If I had a AWD that came with ASC set as 2N or 1.5N in the front, what happens when I change to 0N.

Does it get better steering at the loss of speed. Will it tumble more since it is narrower now?

It will generally reduce stability, cause it to be more likely to tumble but it will provide more steering.

EMU
2010.05.17, 07:24 PM
If it is a wide body (MR02 or Mr03W), it should increase the steering. If it is a narrow body, you may become less stable. I typically only use 0N on the front of my cars because I like more steering response and less scrub as the car is turning.

rajiex
2010.05.17, 07:46 PM
I have AWD with Ferrari 512BB and Motul Nissan GTR-500. The first uses 2N and the Nissan 1.5N. I have the alloy 0N wheels, if I go back to the stock rims will the car carry more speed or should I go for the steering. Since I glued the wheels and use grease on the knuckles, tumbling has greatly reduced but an occassional tumble happens when I am not on power through the corners.

EMU
2010.05.17, 07:55 PM
If its an AWD, you should be on power in the corners :D

With AWD, I try to keep the offset as wide as I can without the wheels being exposed. So, you may want to use the wider offset. Try it out and see how it feels.