PDA

View Full Version : Tires hitting the body

WSR
2010.05.27, 10:37 AM
I have consulted with multiple people on this but I wanted to try the threads. I have an MR-02 with the PN Double A-Arm front end on it. I am using it as a mod car and I am using an Aston DB9 body. I am having issues with the stock rims where the tires hit the body on the front and the back. Is there a simple test to know if the tires are hitting the body and if it will be an issue. When I turn the wheels to the side, I press the body down and it does hit. But when I press the body is that putting more load on the car than when it would be running normally? If so how do I fix this problem. Also in the back the tires are hitting as well with the stock offsets. I am just looking for a simple test so that I know if it will be an issue or not. Very frustrating and i dont know how to fix it. Someone said to shave down the tires but there has to be an easier way.

yasuji
2010.05.27, 10:50 AM
I have consulted with multiple people on this but I wanted to try the threads. I have an MR-02 with the PN Double A-Arm front end on it. I am using it as a mod car and I am using an Aston DB9 body. I am having issues with the stock rims where the tires hit the body on the front and the back. Is there a simple test to know if the tires are hitting the body and if it will be an issue. When I turn the wheels to the side, I press the body down and it does hit. But when I press the body is that putting more load on the car than when it would be running normally? If so how do I fix this problem. Also in the back the tires are hitting as well with the stock offsets. I am just looking for a simple test so that I know if it will be an issue or not. Very frustrating and i dont know how to fix it. Someone said to shave down the tires but there has to be an easier way.

What length stroke limiters are you running?
and are you using the adj front body clip?

bermbuster
2010.05.27, 11:04 AM

I dont run the db9 body but I had similiar issues with other bodies. You can dremel down parts that cause rubbing (light buckets, wheel wells, etc...)
Yasuji mentioned the front adjustable clip. Sometimes the side clips are not installed (glued from kyosho) at the correct height. Removng them and reglueing works. Ill take a look at your body on Friday night and give you a hand getting it to work.

JuniorWKR
2010.05.27, 11:12 AM
the best thing to do is get urself a tire truer.. not only will it eliminate your rubbing issue your cars will also handle better...

WSR
2010.05.27, 11:15 AM
Thanks guys. Yasuji I have not tried the stroke limiters yet but it seems like That might help. I will also try the adjustable body mount. Also George is that you? (Bermbuster) Thanks for the offer to help, i will definately be there on friday.

WSR
2010.05.27, 11:21 AM
the best thing to do is get urself a tire truer.. not only will it eliminate your rubbing issue your cars will also handle better...

Thanks Junior, Sorry for the newbie questions here but does Maj sell Tire Truers. Also I read up on your threads seems like your cars are all hooked up. Mine are a mess. Im taking tomorrow off of work to try and hammer the kinks out so hopefully i will be good to go tomorrow night. I want to get my mod car together so I can run 2 classes.

What do you think about the db9 bodies I liked them on a smaller track but people dont run them at Maj's and I was wondering why?

JuniorWKR
2010.05.27, 11:26 AM

Thanks Junior, Sorry for the newbie questions here but does Maj sell Tire Truers. Also I read up on your threads seems like your cars are all hooked up. Mine are a mess. Im taking tomorrow off of work to try and hammer the kinks out so hopefully i will be good to go tomorrow night. I want to get my mod car together so I can run 2 classes.

What do you think about the db9 bodies I liked them on a smaller track but people dont run them at Maj's and I was wondering why?

body is always preference and or drivingstyle... i never had any luck with the dbr... right now i run ferrari 430 on my stock, mod and awd... i feel for me its the best body... i have been trying for a long time to work the kinks out on my murc at 98mm for mod and no matter what i did i could never get it to work.. maj does sell the tire truers... i will take a look at ur cars fri night when i get there and see what i can do for you...

WSR
2010.05.27, 11:33 AM
Thanks Junior, I am hoping to bump up into the B class and I know my cars are just a mess. I appreciate the help. See you tomorrow.

EMU
2010.05.27, 12:27 PM
Check your travel limiters, also try wheels with less offset. Trueing the tires helps, but also changes the grip characteristics of the tire, since it sheds the surface, and puts a lot of heat into the tire. If you do true the tires, make sure you do so very slow. Some like their tires new, others like them worn in.

bermbuster
2010.05.27, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys. Yasuji I have not tried the stroke limiters yet but it seems like That might help. I will also try the adjustable body mount. Also George is that you? (Bermbuster) Thanks for the offer to help, i will definately be there on friday.

Its George...:D
Ill bring my tire truer on Friday too...:cool:

WSR
2010.05.27, 12:35 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate the help as always.