PDA

View Full Version : Is Kyosho going to make the 2009-2010 season bodies/cars?

akura2
2010.05.28, 05:18 PM
Same as above

Thanks

MantisMMA
2010.05.28, 09:22 PM
highly unlikely, they have had the same bodies and chassis FOREVER!! i dont think there is enough of a market but they should!!

EMU
2010.05.28, 11:02 PM
I would think that the cost of licensing an F1 body is much higher than the Autoscale bodies. With such a large change in the chassis structure going into the 2009 season, there would be design limitations with the Kyosho F1 chassis fitting the body.

I would like to see new bodies, based on the 2009/10 design... although, we would probably get only the Ferrari and McLaren versions, as we did with the latest release bodies. Kyosho would not want to pay the additional licensing fees associated with the other bodies. Ferrari and McLaren are the most popular Formula1 teams, and I would expect that they would license two at a maximum.

mini-z
2010.05.29, 10:36 AM
I've got a note in to Kyosho to see if we can get any answers on this... :)

machgo5go
2010.05.29, 11:29 AM
I would think that the cost of licensing an F1 body is much higher than the Autoscale bodies. With such a large change in the chassis structure going into the 2009 season, there would be design limitations with the Kyosho F1 chassis fitting the body.

I would like to see new bodies, based on the 2009/10 design... although, we would probably get only the Ferrari and McLaren versions, as we did with the latest release bodies. Kyosho would not want to pay the additional licensing fees associated with the other bodies. Ferrari and McLaren are the most popular Formula1 teams, and I would expect that they would license two at a maximum.

Eugene sums it up pretty well. F-1 is the most expense Motorsports so just to get one top team's licensing to manufacture a scale body, I don't think Kyosho can make any profit back because F-1 line up is not their bread & butter.
Look how much Mattel paid to get licensing from Ferrari plus trying to be exclusive. I also would love to see current
F-1 line up and then I may consider joining this bandwagon.;)

MantisMMA
2010.05.29, 01:26 PM
have you seen my versions? they look pretty close and on the track you can definately tell they look like the latest gen of cars! you should jump on the bandwagon anyway!! i am doing the bodywork for a few racers right now all it takes is one of my V2front wing, rear wing and some simple bodywork. im depbating now wether to recreate the Ferrari or Mclaren.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/renault-r30-launch-2010-wallpaper-0.jpg

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/DSCN2183.jpg

hilldebrandt
2010.05.29, 02:25 PM
Speaking of new bodies, has anyone seen the new delta wing concept for the 2012 Indy Car season ?? Very radical....

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1042485_2010-chicago-auto-show-2012-indycar-delta-wing-concept-with-video

machgo5go
2010.05.30, 09:12 AM
have you seen my versions? they look pretty close and on the track you can definately tell they look like the latest gen of cars! you should jump on the bandwagon anyway!! i am doing the bodywork for a few racers right now all it takes is one of my V2front wing, rear wing and some simple bodywork. im debating now wether to recreate the Ferrari or Mclaren.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/renault-r30-launch-2010-wallpaper-0.jpg

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/muscletexx/DSCN2183.jpg
Looks way too good to get it beat up on the track. When you finalized in replicate Mclaren of either Hamilton or Button, let us know the $$$ then I will consider the new F1 2.4Ghz bandwagon since it does not include a body set anyway.:)

MantisMMA
2010.05.30, 10:50 AM
because of today's race i decided to replicate hamiltons Maclaren, complete with "F" duct! price wise i dont really know, its alot of work and just the parts is kinda pricey but its F1!
V2 wing 35
carbon rear wing 25
body 25
Pattos stickers 25.00
paint and bodywork 30+
YIKES!! i dont even want to total it up!

EMU
2010.05.30, 12:19 PM
$140

Doesnt seem too bad :p Especially when you compare it to the cost of a 1:1 F1 race tire.

The term "F" duct, just sounds dirty :rolleyes: Cant wait to see your McLaren.

The race was kind of funny. I would not solely put the blame on Vettel for the incident. I blame them both equally. Webber did reduce the amount of road space while Vettel was beside him, at which time Vettle tried to shove him off... The McLarens showed the same aggressive driving, with more discipline in giving eachother enough space when they had to. It was a good battle :)

akura2
2010.05.30, 12:55 PM
even if Kyosho only makes two of the cars, they can be modded/painted to make them into any of the 2010 cars... at least close to them...

a Mantisworx front and rear wing set may be all we need to get started on our own...

I make my own decals so all I would need is a 09/10 white body set with the matching wings... Like the 1/10 scale Tamiya F60.... everyone is using that bodyset to make every one of the current race cars....

akura2
2010.05.30, 12:56 PM
Looks way too good to get it beat up on the track. When you finalized in replicate Mclaren of either Hamilton or Button, let us know the $$$ then I will consider the new F1 2.4Ghz bandwagon since it does not include a body set anyway.:)

that car looks great... and the body looks close enough without having to change the chassis or battery layout, like those custom cars from Japan...

MantisMMA
2010.05.30, 01:11 PM
i will sell my VR01 replica for 75 with the front and rear wings if anyone wants it!

http://www.mantisworx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/DSCN21811.jpg

MantisMMA
2010.05.30, 01:16 PM
Vettel is a brat!! and i think it was his fault, he pushed it and he didnt need to. Yea Webber didnt move but he didnt have to he was in front, would have been diff is webber had "closed the door" but he stayed on his line Vettel turn HARD into him. did you see the post Qual interviews? Vettel looked/acted like brat then too!

EMU
2010.05.30, 02:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIc-A--iNU

From what I saw, Webber cut down the track as Vettel moved inside of him then straightened out. Which left very little room... Vettel moved slightly to the right, the wheels kissed, and sucked him in further...

I think that they both were at fault. End of story. As teammates, the number one rule is to finish the race. If you are running 1/2... keep it that way. Vettel hasnt had a win in a while, Webber has recently... So Vettel forced the issue, but Webber should not have defended as hard as he did. Not when your team is 1/2. If it was a different team going for the lead, then yea...

MantisMMA
2010.05.30, 03:03 PM
4 hours ago 20
@ 1:05 you could clearly see vettel moving to his right and into webber... perhaps he thought his car was clear of webber's and wanted a better line for the corner?
webber stayed dead straight, and for those saying that he shouldve given more room to vettel - why should he?? doesnt he have a right to defend?

i agree with this statement, team mate or not webber was the leader and has a right to defend his lead.

EMU
2010.05.30, 04:25 PM
Vettel was already in front, so... you could argue that Vettel was the leader, and defending the line to Webber.

I see incidents and arguments like this all the time with Mini-Z racing. Everyone has a different view, and thats what causes these types of incidents. I feel that Vettel had completed the pass, but was not clear to move to the right yet. Had he waited for another second, he would have had the room. Its such a fine line that these guys race at. If he had gotton by without the crash, it wouldnt have really been an issue at all, and would have been a good move.

Webber should have moved over even a little, as there was barely any room. Vettel did not jerk the wheel right, but did move over gradually after he had gained the lead... Right before Vettel passed him, Webber cut down the track. But once Vettel was on his side, and then in front, he should have given a little more room to setup for the corner. Espcially with 2 McLarens right behind them. Even if they didnt collide, running into the corner with such a tight line would have allowed the cars behind to close up even more and possibly challenge for the lead there as well.

Both Red Bull drivers failed. 50/50. This is how I view it. They both threw away an almost guaranteed 2nd place, and possible first. Vettel did get greedy, but I dont feel that all blame should be put on him.

Both drivers have to work together to make the pass. One must commit to pass, the other concede. Webber did not concede, as he usually doesnt, and Vettel being in the lead was opening up his line to enter the corner. If Vettel was not in front, it would be entirely his fault. Since he was the leader at the time of incidence, Webber must be at blame, since he could see that Vettel was inching over and still held his ground.

mugler
2010.05.30, 06:02 PM
since Vettel's car was clearly half a body ahead, Weber had to move over and concede racing line but he didn't want to loose the position so conveniently took Vettel out by "not changing course" ;). there can never be ANY passing if every time a faster car is about to pass slower cars it's blocked and taken out.

MantisMMA
2010.05.30, 06:22 PM
ya gotta ask yoursef how was vettel able to even get in front of him on that short straight both cars had the same top speed ? if webber would have let him pass SV would have overshot the next turn anyway, he was going to fast and passed MW as he was coming off of the gas. thats why i think he was just being a ****head, keep in mind how he has been acting every since MW starting winning, that has to come in play too. same reason button tried to shove one into hamilton! just like sibling rivalry!! i will give it 75/25 SV/MW judging by his previous acts.

EMU
2010.05.30, 07:05 PM
They said in the broadcast that Vettel had more top end throughout the race... And it looked like he got ahead of Webber on a section that they were still accelerating right on the top end of the gear... He pulled out of the draft right after the kink, and didnt back off. I think that there was more than enough room to slow down for the next corner for both drivers, but once they touched, that was all that was needed.

I agree that Vettel has been acting childish at a few points this season, and this definitely was one of them. Especially his behaviour right after the incident when he got out of the car...

ocean rodeo
2010.05.30, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE=EMU;385120]

Both Red Bull drivers failed. 50/50. This is how I view it. They both threw away an almost guaranteed 2nd place, and possible first. Vettel did get greedy, but I dont feel that all blame should be put on him.

QUOTE]

:eek: Whaaaat?? How can you blame Webber at all? Vettle was making his own calls and only cared about himself not the team. He is a little cry baby waaahhh!!:D Webber held his line and Vettle practically drove on the lawn to try to shut the door on him. What a dumb a$$. If I were Webber I would of kicked the living crap out of that little punk. In a gentleman's type manner of course.
Vettle will not be driving for Red Bull next season.

ocean rodeo
2010.05.30, 10:19 PM
The Red Bull cars only had the advantage in turn 8.

QuantumRC
2010.05.30, 11:31 PM
The Red Bull cars only had the advantage in turn 8.

That turn itself is a huge advantage in terms of racing. MW was able to hold LH for so long because of that turn. Of course the overall package is also important.

Often in races, RC included, if we are able to go faster at a particular tricky turn, we find ourselves gaining up to 1 sec. :)

EMU
2010.05.30, 11:51 PM
Yes, Vettel did pass with very little space and drift right after he thought he was clear (or just to back Webber off). Leaving absolutely no room opens the door for contact. And thats what Webber did, so I put him at fault as well as Vettel. You must protect the car, especially when it is your teammate that is attacking for the lead. You drive for the team, and taking out your teammate, even if he made an aggressive move, still puts you at blame. Vettel did not steer aggressively to the right, if you look at the wheel, there is almost no movement before the incident.

Webber cut down the road, after Vettel had already made his move and was pulling up beside him. There really was no wiggle room. Which is not a good thing to do at 200mph. The airflow can easily disrupt how the cars handle, especially with open wheel cars. One tiny touch was all that they needed, and thats exactly what happened. I was surprised that Webber was able to finish 3rd.

I have a feeling that this will not be the end of their battles this season...

Quantum is right, that if you can make up a considerable amount of time on one tricky long corner, that plays a key role to laptimes and race pace. Especially since that allowed Red Bull to gain a little gap right before the portion of track that McLaren had their biggest advantage, so McLaren couldnt capitalize on their higher straightaway speed.

QuantumRC
2010.05.31, 02:25 AM
MW was lucky the fact that the collision did not do too much damage. Besides, the top 4 cars has a considerable huge lead over the 5th car before the accident. If MW's car is out or too big a damage we possibly see MS on the podium!!

ocean rodeo
2010.05.31, 09:31 AM
That turn itself is a huge advantage in terms of racing. MW was able to hold LH for so long because of that turn. Of course the overall package is also important.

Often in races, RC included, if we are able to go faster at a particular tricky turn, we find ourselves gaining up to 1 sec. :)

Exactly my point. They only had a second if that over Mclaren.
Webber is known for being impossible to over take. Even if Vettle thinks he's has a faster car he needs to communicate with the crew on what to do in that situation. The bottom line is he makes bad decisions not only for himself but now he is costing the the Team points and $$$$$$$. Look at the Mclaren Team. Button and Hamilton went at it on the second to last lap but they understand how to race. Vettle just wants to win but does not know "how to" properly, he's a loose cannon.. I love how he got out of his car and started to make the international sign of crazy.
Can't wait for Canada!

ocean rodeo
2010.05.31, 09:39 AM
If MW's car is out or too big a damage we possibly see MS on the podium!!

Who's that? Michael" Mid Packer " Schumacher.:D

machgo5go
2010.06.17, 07:11 PM
because of today's race i decided to replicate hamiltons Maclaren, complete with "F" duct! price wise i dont really know, its alot of work and just the parts is kinda pricey but its F1!
V2 wing 35
carbon rear wing 25
body 25
Pattos stickers 25.00
paint and bodywork 30+
YIKES!! i dont even want to total it up!
Any update?

MantisMMA
2010.06.17, 09:08 PM
its gettin close, it will debut at the pn qual in july!!

machgo5go
2010.06.17, 10:20 PM
its gettin close, it will debut at the pn qual in july!!
Great! Does this mean you are coming up to Jersey for the
PN NE Reg. Cup Race at our Maj's shop?

MantisMMA
2010.06.17, 10:25 PM
yup, buyin my ticket tomorrow! Jacob and i will be there.

machgo5go
2010.06.17, 11:00 PM
yup, buyin my ticket tomorrow! Jacob and i will be there.
Looking forward in meeting you all since I finally got suckered into a Hamilton!:)

machgo5go
2010.06.30, 09:17 PM
I can't believe Kyosho America already discontinue their most current bodies like the Hamiton Mclaren I just bought from MF-010 w/o TX set.
I got reply that parts like Front Nose Wing is no longer available! Now I have to outsource my friend in Japan to hunt one down. I am a scale person & wants real replicas, not homemade white body paint jobs so I guess F-1 is a dieing part of Kyosho especially America. The funny thing is even in Japan, Mini Z F-1 is also dieing because local hobby shop is chucking out the same 2007 Hamilton Vodafone Mclaren SP with 2.4Ghz for just 9800 yen which discounted from retail of 19,000 yen, unbelievable. So if I can't locate a front nose part, I might as well buy the whole car all over again.