PDA

View Full Version : Narrow MR-03

rajiex
2010.06.16, 04:06 AM
Thinking of getting another MR-03 to set up for a narrow class. Dont see much choice of bodies. Any suggestions and why?

EMU
2010.06.16, 04:41 AM
Any MR015/AWD body will work, you just have to adjust for the wheelbase and wheel offset.

rajiex
2010.06.16, 05:30 AM
is there a list or pictures of the bodies offered anywhere on this site or another.

J-Milz
2010.06.16, 07:28 AM
You should see what the "fast guys" at Action are running. They range from the hard to get F355, to the GT-R. Ask around.

byebye
2010.06.16, 08:45 AM
is there a list or pictures of the bodies offered anywhere on this site or another.

Yeah search "compatibility list" I think. Give me a second and I'll post it up.

Kris

EDIT: SEE MY SIGNATURE FOR THE OLD CHART

byebye
2010.06.16, 08:54 AM
Just as EMU said though any body labeled for MA-010 or MR-015 is going to be narrow up front since those chassis are narrow stock. For the ultimate Narrow setup run the narrow kit for the MR-03 or an aftermarket narrow kit for the MR-02.

Here is my setup for a GTI-
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=1085

Kris

rajiex
2010.06.16, 11:28 AM
jamil,

I like tom's 355 adn your GTR. that is one fast car that is running the orange and blue, that is why I am thinking of a O3 narrow.

J-Milz
2010.06.16, 11:33 AM
jamil,

I like tom's 355 adn your GTR. that is one fast car that is running the orange and blue, that is why I am thinking of a O3 narrow.

Raj, we aren't running LM this series so turn it into a narrow car. I'll help you this Saturday if you want. AWD is a pain in th @$!lls to set up properly. Trust me. It is not very competitive w a 70t when compared to a 03 with the same motor.

herman
2010.06.16, 10:30 PM
Thinking of getting another MR-03 to set up for a narrow class. Dont see much choice of bodies. Any suggestions and why?

just reinforcing what the other guys are saying... mr03 was designed by kyosho to use any of their bodies (mr02/mr015) provided you use the correct wheelbase and rim offsets as emu and byebye pointed out...

the newer autoscales have a sticker on the case that will indicate what setting/motormount configuration to use for your mr03 chassis... i.e. wide - rm; wide - lm; wide - mm; narrow - rm; narrow - hm... etc. etc... otherwise you can follow the chart byebye posted for body compatibility...

as for suggestions... try them all to see what you like... a good indication would be to see what the fast guys are driving as what j-milz pointed out... :D hope this helps...

Skv012a
2010.06.17, 03:42 AM
Depends how fun you want to get with a narrow one. RX7s, 300c, if you're extra daring- 72 Skyline, etc.

rajiex
2010.06.20, 10:44 AM
Jamil,

I took your advice and I made it into a narrow car. I am running the RX7 and wearing 0N all around. I can squeeze +1N in the front but only 0N in the rear. Reflex front end and all the hop ups. What tires do you suggest and I dont want to flip because when u r on the roof u or open game for Golddust or Lyme. ;)

I want to run on rail like a bat out of hell. Whats is your secret or are we going to have strip down that narrow of yours to see what u r really running.
:cool:

HaCo
2010.06.20, 01:05 PM
I ran a 350Z S-Tune on the MR-03 and it is really great. Now I'm running a Mini and it runs well too, but the 350Z was better.
We have an N class:
- Stock motor
- Narrow Tires
- Narrow or Semi-Wide Wheels
- No tuning allowed, so as much stock parts as possible (alu 0° knuckles, carbon H or T-bar, front springs and a replacement for the motorclip is allowed).
- LEDs are a must as well (with an ;) )

This class is big fun, way easier than classes with X-Speed and fun for everybody.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1410/img6863l.jpg

Haven't got a pic of my 350Z, but will build it soon again :)

J-Milz
2010.06.20, 02:18 PM
Jamil,

I took your advice and I made it into a narrow car. I am running the RX7 and wearing 0N all around. I can squeeze +1N in the front but only 0N in the rear. Reflex front end and all the hop ups. What tires do you suggest and I dont want to flip because when u r on the roof u or open game for Golddust or Lyme. ;)

I want to run on rail like a bat out of hell. Whats is your secret or are we going to have strip down that narrow of yours to see what u r really running.
:cool:

No secrets! I have 64p gears, mantis worx wheels, and a 70t.....

rajiex
2010.06.27, 08:56 AM
I got the MR03 narrow running good with the RX7 and a 70t. The car will not get out of its own way. I am running 10t pinion on a 48pitch PN diff. My car is being blown away by Al; who is running a 8tooth on the same diff and using a box stock motor. I know te 70t has a lot of drag brake. Is it true the longer I use the motor the faster it well get. There is nothing binding to cause strain on the motor. Any ideas?

J-Milz
2010.06.27, 09:45 AM
You can water brake the motor. By running it in water via a 4 cell battery pack, and comm droppin it will break in the brushes and it will run better. I'll show you when I race again. Do you have bearings? Are the wheels rubbing the body? Is there a little space for side to side movement on the rear axle? We gotta look at that car! What are ur radio settings?

rajiex
2010.06.27, 10:15 AM
If I a run a yellow or pink label Atomic motors, the car is fine. I dont know if i just got a bad 70t or does it need to be broken in. I thought it may have been the board (FETS) going board but it only with this motor.

doug01n
2010.06.27, 12:26 PM
Did you try other batteries?

Yesterday, I put my R1 750 batteries on my friends car, 'cause he was thinking his car was too slow. Walla.... The car was a rocket with a much better punch. I think the 70T motor is the best motor ever to run... I didn't find a way to put all the power of modified motors to the ground without loose the rear end.