PDA

View Full Version : PN double A Arm....how much good?

moz
2010.06.20, 08:40 AM
hai everyone....
How this thing doing....its it good...:rolleyes:
need some advised.....thx

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/images/MR2500.jpg

Old Crow
2010.06.24, 03:30 PM
From my point of view, and others I've talked to that had it, it's the best front suspension option for the MR-02. I'm sure opinions very, but it's widely believed it's a upgrade over the kingpin/knuckle setup.

yasuji
2010.06.24, 04:22 PM
imo the best thing ever!worth every penny! tested back to back with every option available!
i have even gone to mr03 and gone back to mr02 with pnr AAarm:D

EMU
2010.06.24, 05:15 PM
I personally dont like the A-arms very much. I dont want it to sound like the product has problems, thats not it. I like a light front end on my cars, and the A-Arms upset the balance that I like to keep on my cars. I think the engineering is excellent, and it performs very well, but my driving style is faster with a lighter front end.

I am going to be working on an old MR02 with the a-arms this week, to see if I can overcome my issues with it. For most drivers, it is a big improvement.

Felix2010
2010.06.24, 09:37 PM
100% agree with Yasuji - Worth every penny. The suspension compression & rebound stroke is slippery-smooth & predictable. I have gone back to running my MR02 with the PN A-Arm over my MR03 right now, and it is in part because of the PN MR02 Double A-Arm system.

moz
2010.06.24, 11:32 PM
haven tryed this a arm yet:rolleyes: but we do knows PN is doing the hard work working at this 02 front end...:cool:.......looks like everyone in + comments.....thx guys.....
more feedback please.....:)

moz
2010.06.24, 11:39 PM
I personally dont like the A-arms very much. I dont want it to sound like the product has problems, thats not it. I like a light front end on my cars, and the A-Arms upset the balance that I like to keep on my cars. I think the engineering is excellent, and it performs very well, but my driving style is faster with a lighter front end.

I am going to be working on an old MR02 with the a-arms this week, to see if I can overcome my issues with it. For most drivers, it is a big improvement.

are the a arm will be the same feeling like the 03....?

EMU
2010.06.25, 03:14 PM
The 03 is much lighter on the front end, so the response is a bit different. I dont like much weight up front, so the 03 works better for me.

cowboysir
2010.07.11, 02:42 AM
it is an integrated unit that has knuckles. they are not the same....

I have a car as a loaner that has the A-arm setup and everyone who uses it can really enjoy driving MR02's. It makes a giant differnece in performance if a newcomer can get to drive an MR02 with relative ease so it really does improve an experienced drivers car.;)

machgo5go
2010.07.12, 08:10 AM
100% agree with Yasuji - Worth every penny. The suspension compression & rebound stroke is slippery-smooth & predictable. I have gone back to running my MR02 with the PN A-Arm over my MR03 right now, and it is in part because of the PN MR02 Double A-Arm system.
By turning my MR02 into Mod Class with 35 turn motor or below, can not beat this front end to compensate for all the oversteer or understeer
esp. compensating for throttle push.
As for my MR03 in stock class, new PN's reverse King Pin front end is as equal to this set up IMO.

SAGISI
2010.07.12, 12:29 PM
I need a little more steering radius for this front end? Compared to my mr03 at full lock, it's a few degrees less. Anyone modify there steering rack to give more steering angle?

rob21r
2010.07.12, 11:52 PM
anyone know of anyone with a blue setup in stock?

moz
2010.07.21, 03:24 PM
hai everyone...
I have this problem on my PN D Aarm....my droop screw always came off:(...
need help....thx

JuniorWKR
2010.07.21, 03:25 PM
small amount of lock tight...

Felix2010
2010.07.21, 04:34 PM
I need a little more steering radius for this front end? Compared to my mr03 at full lock, it's a few degrees less. Anyone modify there steering rack to give more steering angle?

You could always try adding toe-out. Also the regular Kyosho MR-02 T-bar set isn't exactly a perfect-fit with the PN 02 Dbl A-Arm frontend. PN makes alloy V2 tie rods specifically for use with the 02 Dbl A-Arm frontend. That should give you more steering overall. If you're looking for on-power steering you could try a softer front tire and/or softer A-Arm springs...

Also to tighten the droop screws, all I do is keep the bottom spring screw in place using my 1.5 hex driver and then tighten-down the droop screw tight with a 0.9 key. If you tighten the droop screw or the bottom spring screw by themselves they will tend to back-out the opposing screw. Loctite will work too.:) Just be very sparing as I've had droop screws and other screws get stuck real bad by accident by applying Loctite.:o

moz
2010.07.22, 08:42 AM
small amount of lock tight...

You could always try adding toe-out. Also the regular Kyosho MR-02 T-bar set isn't exactly a perfect-fit with the PN 02 Dbl A-Arm frontend. PN makes alloy V2 tie rods specifically for use with the 02 Dbl A-Arm frontend. That should give you more steering overall. If you're looking for on-power steering you could try a softer front tire and/or softer A-Arm springs...

Also to tighten the droop screws, all I do is keep the bottom spring screw in place using my 1.5 hex driver and then tighten-down the droop screw tight with a 0.9 key. If you tighten the droop screw or the bottom spring screw by themselves they will tend to back-out the opposing screw. Loctite will work too.:) Just be very sparing as I've had droop screws and other screws get stuck real bad by accident by applying Loctite.:o

problem solved.....thx

DJ Rattray
2011.02.13, 02:42 PM
If anyone could tell me what the PN part # is for this double A-arm it would be much appreciated?

PNracing
2011.02.13, 03:23 PM
if anyone could tell me what the pn part # is for this double a-arm it would be much appreciated?

mr02 #mr2500
mr03 #mr3050

DJ Rattray
2011.02.13, 03:36 PM
mr02 #mr2500
mr03 #mr3050

thank you very much.