PDA

View Full Version : Important Announcement

arch2b
2010.06.20, 10:49 AM
A founding member of our group will be returning :) This person was a great driver and a great friend and i'm thrilled to have him coming back to our area and rejoin our group.

I'll let him post more but I wanted to make the announcement/teaser and let everyone know we have yet another top talent joining our ranks.

Mike Keely
2010.06.21, 05:03 PM
I have a good idea who it is. I think that I just bought a charger from him.:)

EMU
2010.06.21, 07:46 PM
Im assuming its Kris :D

byebye
2010.06.21, 10:51 PM
Im assuming its Kris :D

Yes I'm actually on the road(see my location:) ). I should be in the area this Wednesday or Thursday. I plan on
passing through Ann arbor and visiting mini-z and co. I need to pick up a couple bodies. I already made a visit with phillip at rc kenon so I don't want to miss this opportunity while I'm passing through.

And thanks for the welcome back! I can't wait to see all the new faces and racers. And if anyone lives around the hobby shop on fairfax-find me a house! That will be priority 1 when
I get in town

Kris

arch2b
2010.06.22, 12:46 PM
say hello to D, M and the little princess for me :p

safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again soon.:cool:

byebye
2010.06.22, 06:05 PM
Will do! Thanks!

Kris

Action B
2010.06.22, 06:20 PM
Kris is the man who taught me how to do FETs via video and helped me get started in Mini-Z when I first came here on this site. Welcome though, for me this is not a return as I've never met him in person.

byebye
2010.06.25, 12:21 PM
I'm in town now looking for a house. Ill try to attend any races this weekend.

Kris

arch2b
2010.06.25, 01:29 PM
remnant racing opens every saturday about 2pm. i'm going to try to get there this weekend so i can work on my setup for hfay next month. i keep trying and never seem to make it:(

hobby works has pokemon or magic this saturday.

call me if you have time to swing by:)

you can get in touch with soyverde, soulstice and there are some others in that area that will be your new neighbors;)

byebye
2010.06.25, 05:47 PM
remnant racing opens every saturday about 2pm. i'm going to try to get there this weekend so i can work on my setup for hfay next month. i keep trying and never seem to make it:(

hobby works has pokemon or magic this saturday.

call me if you have time to swing by:)

you can get in touch with soyverde, soulstice and there are some others in that area that will be your new neighbors;)

Where is Remnant racing at? I met Courtney today at Hobby Works. I should be up and running by the first HFAY Race next season.

Well I found a place. We will be living outside of Bolling AFB at the Navy Annex. I hope to have my household goods delivered next week and should have all my stuff unloaded and setup by next weekends race.

Anyway the weekend is free so I'll have time to visit old friends and make some new ones at the track.

Kris

arch2b
2010.06.25, 06:17 PM
6104 old branch avenue
temple hills md 20748

it's the 3 car garage you see to the far left of the brick house.

did courtney mention if he had bought a cable for the core loop? i forgot to take mine when i dropped of my core with him. i told he, a 10-15' usb cord from the best buy next door would do.

byebye
2010.06.25, 07:36 PM
6104 old branch avenue
temple hills md 20748

it's the 3 car garage you see to the far left of the brick house.

did courtney mention if he had bought a cable for the core loop? i forgot to take mine when i dropped of my core with him. i told he, a 10-15' usb cord from the best buy next door would do.

Okay who do I hit up? I suppose I can just show up with what I have. I wonder if they have a spare KT-18?

Courtney did not mention anything about the cord. He showed me the Mini-z stuff they had and the area they race in. Pretty cool to see the hobby grow out here.

Kris

arch2b
2010.06.25, 07:48 PM
i just called and gary sr will be away at drag races, mike will be going up to run nitro so they don't plan on being open saturday. i can email you all their contact info.

byebye
2010.06.25, 08:01 PM
i just called and gary sr will be away at drag races, mike will be going up to run nitro so they don't plan on being open saturday. i can email you all their contact info.

Yeah send it to me.

Kris

arch2b
2010.06.25, 08:06 PM
the misses might get a kick out of the dirt track down at awsome rc. bill and rob are the local guys who run there. i'll email the contact info for awsome rc as well.

VAzRACER
2010.06.25, 09:43 PM
the misses might get a kick out of the dirt track down at awsome rc. bill and rob are the local guys who run there. i'll email the contact info for awsome rc as well.

Me and Bill will be down there tomorrow, around 10am till 9pm. They will be closed next weekend for the 4th.

Its a little more of a drive vs. hobbyworks but its the only place where I can get wheel time in every weekend, the tracks up all the time.

byebye
2010.06.26, 09:46 AM
Me and Bill will be down there tomorrow, around 10am till 9pm. They will be closed next weekend for the 4th.

Its a little more of a drive vs. hobbyworks but its the only place where I can get wheel time in every weekend, the tracks up all the time.

I'd like to make it down there some time but it's a little far for us right now. I don't have all of our gear either. Once we get settled into our house and get our gear together we will make the trip down there.

Kris

VAzRACER
2010.06.26, 01:31 PM
I'd like to make it down there some time but it's a little far for us right now. I don't have all of our gear either. Once we get settled into our house and get our gear together we will make the trip down there.

Kris

No problem, let me know when you have a chance to make it. I'll be missing two of the weekend in July but bill should still
be around.

Mike Keely
2010.06.26, 03:50 PM
Where is Remnant racing at? I met Courtney today at Hobby Works. I should be up and running by the first HFAY Race next season.

Well I found a place. We will be living outside of Bolling AFB at the Navy Annex. I hope to have my household goods delivered next week and should have all my stuff unloaded and setup by next weekends race.

Anyway the weekend is free so I'll have time to visit old friends and make some new ones at the track.

KrisI would say that you will be about 15 mins. away from Remnant's track.

They usually run on Sat, Mon, and Thurs. The biggest turn out is on Monday nights. They open at about 4:30 and run till 9 or 10 on Mon, and Thurs. They have some fast guys there, Brandon has helped with that. I will shoot you a PM with mine and Gary's cell numbers.

herman
2010.06.27, 10:53 AM
welcome back byebye... :D

arch2b
2010.06.27, 10:57 AM
just a reminder to pick up new hfay motors if warranted and break them in ;) check your tire stocks, courtney said he got more of the good tires in last weekend.

i hope to order my mantis front wing in time for this as well. last run with my f1 was disgusting. no matter what changes i made, it just didn't want to cooperate, chalked it up to just having a bad day. f1's are like that though.

TheRinger
2010.06.28, 10:07 PM

Just 2 let anyone know that the weekend of the 10th at awesome the mini z room will be temp. catering room 4 the monster truck rally they will be hosting on the that day. though that is the first HFAY race of the season. FYI 4 anyone who will be heading down there that weekend. Plus all of July, there is ROAR, RCpro, and club racing all that month. Doesn't mean that the mini z room will be off limits, there will be alot of people there. Glad 2 hear that U moved into town Kris. Hope 2 see U at the HFAY race July 10th.

soyverde
2010.06.30, 07:30 AM
Welcome back Kris...now we just need to convince Chucky to come back. :cool:

byebye
2010.06.30, 10:52 AM
Welcome back Kris...now we just need to convince Chucky to come back. :cool:

Yeah no doubt!

I had a chance to get over to remnant this past Monday. I had a really great time! I me some really great people and they were kind enough to et me borrow a kt18 to take home. The track is super clean and they are grea racers.

I'll most likely be here Thursday for practice again. I have more stuff to order and should have all my gear by the next weekend. I'm looking forward to season 10 of hfay and even club races.

Kris

Laxracer
2010.06.30, 11:52 AM
Is Courtney going to have the track up next Monday ? I don't have to go to work, so track time could be a good use of time.

C

byebye
2010.06.30, 09:00 PM
Is Courtney going to have the track up next Monday ? I don't have to go to work, so track time could be a good use of time.

C

He didn't say when I was there.

Kris