PDA

View Full Version : Motor Mount Problems

JDV28
2010.07.07, 07:29 PM
I just bought a PN mm motor pod and DDS from wikedgmc and recieved it today. I cannot for the life of me, figure out it works. No matter how I put the motor in, its not secured in there. Its loose or just doesnt have anything holding it in. Please help, and keep in mind this is my first aftermarket mount.
Also, after many problems with my local post office, I recieved the package smashed, everything looks ok besides one of the DDS plates looks bent.
Here is a picture of the mount tht wikedgmc posted in the FS thread:
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/MPValentine/IMG_7097.jpg

EMU
2010.07.07, 07:31 PM
The motor that you use has to have two screw holes next to where the pinion mounts. That is where it is screwed into the mount. Then you can adjust the gear mesh by adjusting the adapter that it mounts to...

JDV28
2010.07.07, 07:47 PM
Edit: skvora informed me that there arent screw holes on the stock motor. I planned on getting the PN 70t soon anyways. Thanks.

ChiMiniRc
2010.07.19, 09:32 PM
Josh and I are going to try and tune this plate system on his Mr-03 at our next meeting. Looking for tips in general as a lot of the used mr-02's I've bought have different DDS systems in them.

What does one usually tune on these? If it doesn't have the top shock, does the top and bottom spring make much of a difference?

wildthing
2010.07.20, 08:00 AM
OT... just a noobie question - Wouldn't it be possible to drill the holes on stock motors and hand-tap it to thread so that the stock motor can be used to those type of motor mounts?

Has anybody tried this option (or is it just too tedious/not practical to do)?

ChiMiniRc
2010.07.20, 08:27 AM
OT... just a noobie question - Wouldn't it be possible to drill the holes on stock motors and hand-tap it to thread so that the stock motor can be used to those type of motor mounts?

Has anybody tried this option (or is it just too tedious/not practical to do)?

I wouldn't consider it practical when you can get a pn 70t for $10. I'd be worried about alignment (smaller, less tolarance for mis-drilling), shavings (metal can with magnets), and general time. To spend the time to do this and end up with just a stock motor wouldn't be worth it. Spend the $10, save the time, and get a sweet little upgrade from the stock motor.