PDA

View Full Version : ALS Charity Race - October 23

ncrcracing
2010.07.15, 09:54 PM
Hey everyone!

With this Fall's race calendar quickly filling up I wanted to get our date for this year's race out there for all.

Just wanted to start the thread for our annual event.

It will be our fourth year now to raise money for the VA/DC/MD ALS Association. Always a great crowd and always an unbelievalble prize list and too cool to be true trophies.

Same location as last year only this time there will be a little more pit area.

Usual classes as before:
MiniZ STK (Hopefully handout 70T motors)
MiniZ F1
MiniZ OPEN (Mod and AWD combined, nothing is illegal except LiPos)
1/18th
and just maybe
MiniZ Nanos

Save the date - October 23 (Saturday) with practice Friday night before.

Food will likely be provided again for all drivers thanks to Chicken Out Catering.

Becuase of time we will be limiting entries to the first 75 cars so I would strongly recommend pre-registration once I get the entry form posted.

Please make this STICKY and feel free to post any questions for all to see.

More details will follow...Bring your friends.

Russ
NCRC Racing

arch2b
2010.07.16, 08:17 AM
awsome! i'll put this on my calendar immediately. this is an annual event i look forward to every time :) came so close last year for f1... maybe this year is my year

mleemor60
2010.07.16, 08:58 AM
The event goes to the top of my attendance list for the month of October as well. I had such a great time last year that I will never miss it again. I'll start going through the inventory to see if I can come up with a prize or two for this year as well.

arch2b
2010.07.16, 09:21 AM
ah, thanks for the reminder Mike. i'll see what i have to donate as well. might not be able to to last year but i will have something to contribute.:)

ncrcracing
2010.07.16, 09:46 AM
The event goes to the top of my attendance list for the month of October as well. I had such a great time last year that I will never miss it again. I'll start going through the inventory to see if I can come up with a prize or two for this year as well.

Mike,
You guys are great!

BTW - we are working out hotel discounts for the event for the out of town folks who don't want such a long day. I'll keep you posted!!!

mleemor60
2010.07.16, 09:55 AM
You are a kind and generous man as well as a gentleman and a scholar unlike me who is a bad judge of character.

JuniorWKR
2010.07.16, 10:03 AM
most definitly gonna do what it takes to squeeze this race in... we had a blast last year... cant wait to do it again...

JuniorWKR
2010.07.16, 10:58 AM
u guys gonna be using the core lapcounting system again?... gotta see if i can find my cards...

mleemor60
2010.07.16, 11:00 AM
If there is a shortage I can bring some loaner's.

k_bojar
2010.07.20, 12:15 PM
this event is for such a great cause...gonna have to see what work and my family will let me do that weekend

been too daggone long since i ran my mini-z :) definitely gonna have to see about getting out for this - as well as seeing who i can bring along with me :D

ncrcracing
2010.07.20, 10:16 PM
You are a kind and generous man as well as a gentleman and a scholar unlike me who is a bad judge of character.

Mike you crack me up...that's no way to speak of Phil...:p

ncrcracing
2010.07.20, 10:17 PM
this event is for such a great cause...gonna have to see what work and my family will let me do that weekend

been too daggone long since i ran my mini-z :) definitely gonna have to see about getting out for this - as well as seeing who i can bring along with me :D

You are too close not to come. We have been blessed that the prizes just keep getting better as the years have gone by so I hope to have some good ones waiting for you and yours. COME ON DOWN!!!

Russ

ncrcracing
2010.07.20, 10:20 PM
most definitly gonna do what it takes to squeeze this race in... we had a blast last year... cant wait to do it again...

I hope your whole crew can make it and if you see Maj let him know he can bring down his mobile store again.

CoreSpeed will be the system and the plan is to get a USB amplifier to improve the signal as well as extra cards (small ones) from CoreSpeedway who have been strong sponsors of NCRC Racing from DAY ONE!:D

Stay tuned for more info!

arch2b
2010.07.23, 11:08 AM
what is the thought to a novice class? my son has been coming to this with me for years and has always asked if he could race but it would just generate stress and grief i don't need when he backs up into oncoming traffic which may or may not include some of the top drivers on the east coast:o

another thing to begin to think about is experience levels. this annual event continues to draw some of the top regional drivers and it becomes hopeless in a sense for the average regional racer in attendance have get a podium finish.

unlike almost all the other large events, this one is not tied to any series, no links to qualifying for other events, etc. it could stand to do well by separating the classes by experience levels (requires honor code to comply). don't get me wrong, i love getting the chance to race with top east coast drivers but at the same time, i know i, along with others, create a sense of frustration for the top guys whom have been taken out of races due to accidents, etc. over the years the top drivers continue to come back to this event and at the same time the grumbling in the pits continues to grow as the gap between the top and bottom drivers widens and mixes on the track.

just raising the subject for consideration :p iether way my son and i will be there as usual to show our support for the cause and solidarity to your club. don't hesitate to contact me if you need help with anything.

JuniorWKR
2010.07.23, 11:57 AM
I hope your whole crew can make it and if you see Maj let him know he can bring down his mobile store again.

CoreSpeed will be the system and the plan is to get a USB amplifier to improve the signal as well as extra cards (small ones) from CoreSpeedway who have been strong sponsors of NCRC Racing from DAY ONE!:D

Stay tuned for more info!

we are gonna do our best to bring the most amount of racers from the shop as we can... i will keep you posted if you start a sign up sheet...

ncrcracing
2010.07.23, 01:20 PM
what is the thought to a novice class? my son has been coming to this with me for years and has always asked if he could race but it would just generate stress and grief i don't need when he backs up into oncoming traffic which may or may not include some of the top drivers on the east coast:o

another thing to begin to think about is experience levels. this annual event continues to draw some of the top regional drivers and it becomes hopeless in a sense for the average regional racer in attendance have get a podium finish.

just raising the subject for consideration :p iether way my son and i will be there as usual to show our support for the cause and solidarity to your club. don't hesitate to contact me if you need help with anything.

I hear ya.

I have a potential solution for this year - let me know everyone's thoughts.

There has been a lot of interest in the dNano. We just met here and have agreed to make this an open category this year as an exhibition. 2 heats, maybe 3 and only $10 entry fee. 15 cars on the track at once and limited to the first 15 cars registered. I can't see the dNano (no offense to anyone) being too serious of a category so this might be the category for the novice drivers to participate in.

SOME GREAT NEWS:

ATOMIC RC HAS AGREED TO SPONSOR THE EVENT.

That now means we have the following companies sponsoring the event:
Atomic RC
Kyosho
Horizon Hobby (Spektrum)
CoreSpeedway
AutoArt (trophies)
Chicken Out (food)

pending....Team Psycho, Team Scream, McLaren Racing, Ripken Baseball and others.

So let me know your thoughts on the dNano - not sure if trophies will be awarded and we need to see how they workout on the track before 2011.

Ltr,
Russ

JuniorWKR
2010.07.23, 01:30 PM
are you racing the 1/18th scale cars this year too?... if so the layout may be a bit large for the dnanos... but i have one and will bring it with me...

arch2b
2010.07.23, 03:35 PM
i have a dnano so i will gladly join a dnano race class.

ncrcracing
2010.07.23, 03:35 PM
are you racing the 1/18th scale cars this year too?... if so the layout may be a bit large for the dnanos... but i have one and will bring it with me...

YEP!

We are thinking about a shortened 'infield' for the dNano heats but there will be some sections that will be out of scale where you could get 10 or all 15 side by side. This year it is only an experiment but if there is enough interest we could make it legit in 2011

JuniorWKR
2010.07.23, 03:39 PM
sounds good... how will you work out the lap counting system?.. by attaching the core cards to it or will you run a seperate lapcounter just for dnano?...

arch2b
2010.07.23, 03:59 PM
i have the kyosho ics if you want to use that for the dnano demonstration racing.

kromie101
2010.07.25, 08:55 PM
does anybody know the exact address? is it near 175 or 97?

you can count me and my two boys to race:D. i can come back up and visit family,thats around my old stomping grounds:D. thanks eric

ncrcracing
2010.07.26, 12:17 PM
does anybody know the exact address? is it near 175 or 97?

you can count me and my two boys to race:D. i can come back up and visit family,thats around my old stomping grounds:D. thanks eric

Eric,

Its on Piney Orchard Parkway which is off of 175 near Ft. Meade.

Address is....
8424 Piney Orchard Parkway
Odenton, Maryland 21113

ncrcracing
2010.07.26, 12:20 PM
i have the kyosho ics if you want to use that for the dnano demonstration racing.

I am up to try anything. Have you had any issues with the Core system? Blogs go both ways...

Thanks,
Russ

ncrcracing
2010.07.26, 07:15 PM
:)
Our website has been updated with the latest information

www.ncrcracing.com

Please check it out and let us know (by posting here in blog) if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Russ
:)

ncrcracing
2010.07.30, 12:00 PM
How cool. Just received prizes out of the blue from Indianapolis Motor Speedway!!!

You guys getting pumped? :cool:

Mike Keely
2010.08.03, 07:33 PM
Count me in.

bermbuster
2010.08.03, 08:13 PM
Count me and mini berm in.....now we need to figure out what classes....
we have x-rays to dnanos.....:D

ncrcracing
2010.08.04, 12:22 PM
Cool guys. I'm looking forward to seeing you all.

Anyone want a Blade MCX RTF RC Heli? Got one that will be a prize!!

Scrapper
2010.08.08, 01:42 AM
stu is gonna try to make it

just got a 2.4 mr02 and a perfex radio

Action B
2010.08.08, 01:47 AM
Cool guys. I'm looking forward to seeing you all.

Anyone want a Blade MCX RTF RC Heli? Got one that will be a prize!!

Count Maya and Myself in!

Wait, how do I sign up? lol

EMU
2010.08.08, 02:54 AM
Im 90% sure I am coming again this year... Where do I sign up :)

ncrcracing
2010.08.11, 02:42 PM
Guys,

I will get the reg form out soon. Keep your eyes peeled here and out website. I just want to make sure all sponsors get their fair share of advertising.

EMU - You and Stu should carpool again.:D Since Atomic is a major sponsor it would be great for them to have a strong driver doing well at the event.

Russ

Skv012a
2010.08.11, 02:56 PM
I'm definitely in. Last year was great and I'll make sure my cars don't have any mechanical issues this time.

ncrcracing
2010.08.13, 04:13 PM
Here you are guys. Attached is the registration form for this year's ALS Charity Race.

Noteworthy items: Handout motors for MiniZs (Thank you ATOMIC)
Open Category for MiniZs is AWD and Mod all in one
dNanos have been added - first 15 cars only!!
1/18th scale only has one spec limit; a 5 cell battery pack

For those out-of-towners we are brokering a deal for reduced hotel rates!! Hotel details and 'coupon code' will be provided when available.

Russ

VAzRACER
2010.08.13, 06:32 PM
Russ,

What Atomic motor is going to be the handout?

Thanks and I am looking forward to another great race.

Matt

kromie101
2010.08.13, 08:53 PM
any chance practice can be opened up earlier on friday? will all the mains be ran on sat also? thanks eric

ncrcracing
2010.08.16, 12:03 PM
The ATOMIC handout motor for MiniZ Stock and F1 will be their MO-USA motor. I was told this is the closest to the HFAY without being too fast:D

Eric - Earlier practice on Friday will have to be called on the day so you will have to give me a call (410-562-8346) before. We take Friday afternoon to setup and if we can coordinate with the church to have the area cleared out for the track then we could potentially be able to have the track laid down for practice maybe an hour earlier than stated.

The Mains are also on Saturday. I will not lie to you, this is a long day but we cannot handle a multi-day event. Therefore we are limiting the number of cars we can take to keep it manageable.

kromie101
2010.08.16, 08:19 PM
sounds good.thank you:).

ncrcracing
2010.08.18, 12:16 PM
Well its official. We got our first registration yesterday.

Now the countdown begins as we have to limit entrants; so be sure to get your entry in.

Action B
2010.08.18, 02:08 PM
I'm understanding that we have to pay by check?

ncrcracing
2010.08.18, 09:59 PM
I'm understanding that we have to pay by check?

For pre-reg yes. Make checks out to ALS Association.

Cash will be accepted for race day reg but with our car limit to 65 cars pre-reg is a smart direction if you can.

Russ

ncrcracing
2010.08.18, 10:02 PM
BTW - MAJOR HOOK UP FROM ATOMIC RC (http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/) in prizes. The list is impressive and insures that EVERYONE will leave with something cool this year.

EMU
2010.08.18, 10:16 PM
Any chance that you can do an online registration?

I like the MO-USA, great stock class handout motor. :) A little faster than the PN70t, especially in the high revs where the 70t drops off. I ran this motor at last years ALS race in F1 when it was an open motor class. I think it has enough power for the F1, where the 70t is a little too slow. The setup I use with the USA is still a stock setup, since the motor doesnt generate enough torque to have to use a modified style setup. Most of my 70t cars I make no changes when switching to this motor besides gearing adjustment.

Action B
2010.08.18, 11:08 PM
Lol its going to be awhile I have to order some checks then. Can I send a moneyorder?

ncrcracing
2010.08.19, 12:39 PM
EMU - thanks for the info. I'll have to say no to the online reg - maybe next year but we are busy trying to pull all this together and you are speaking to the one man show for the website.

Action B - Moneyorder to ALS Association works as well.

Thanks!! The registrations are rolling in

mleemor60
2010.08.19, 02:51 PM
Russ. Is it limited to a total of 65 drivers or 65 cars which would limit the list even more?

ncrcracing
2010.08.20, 12:40 PM
Russ. Is it limited to a total of 65 drivers or 65 cars which would limit the list even more?

Mike,

It is 65 CARS. We are willing to be flexible within reason and allow more, but we cannot handle too many more cars since we have limited time on Saturday to run all the heats. Last year we got in 3 heats and Mains but the years before we couldn't get 3 heats in and I know this was not as enjoyable for those who came.

The limit also MOTIVATES folks to register, allowing us to better plan the food and handouts.

The limit was a LONG debated item among our group here so if we get 70 cars we could still be okay and then add in the heats for the dNanos on top of that.

Russ

mleemor60
2010.08.20, 01:26 PM
The check is in the mail.

Mike Keely
2010.08.20, 08:30 PM
Any chance that you can do an online registration?

I like the MO-USA, great stock class handout motor. :) A little faster than the PN70t, especially in the high revs where the 70t drops off. I ran this motor at last years ALS race in F1 when it was an open motor class. I think it has enough power for the F1, where the 70t is a little too slow. The setup I use with the USA is still a stock setup, since the motor doesnt generate enough torque to have to use a modified style setup. Most of my 70t cars I make no changes when switching to this motor besides gearing adjustment.
With that being said, what gearing would you suggest for a MR03 with those motors at a ALS size track?

Mike Keely
2010.08.20, 08:48 PM
Entry is in the mail and on the way to you Russ. Thanks for doing this again. We are all looking forward to it. I just need to slow the NJ & NY guys down so I have a chance at a podium finish!

mleemor60
2010.08.20, 08:51 PM
Speaking of an ALS sized track. I know the 1/18th scale cars have to be considered but how about something that doesn't require a marshal to be stationed in tne middle of the track.

Scrapper
2010.08.20, 09:18 PM
check in mail

EMU
2010.08.21, 02:57 PM
Keely, I would suggest a 4.3-4.7 to start with...

arch2b
2010.08.22, 10:06 PM
fyi, the gallery (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=1364) is already live :)

ncrcracing
2010.08.23, 12:51 PM
Thanks everyone for sending in the pre-regs. I'm keeping an eye out for them!!

EMU - thanks for the gearing suggestion. I know you were racing for Atomic so that is some reliable info.

Mike - We will do our best to avoid that. As drivers also, we hate it just as much as the next guy. Watch out for a carousel turn this year!!:eek:!!

-Russ

arch2b
2010.08.23, 01:13 PM
will you be keeping an updated list of registrants?

ROBG
2010.08.23, 01:45 PM
Thanks everyone for sending in the pre-regs. I'm keeping an eye out for them!!

EMU - thanks for the gearing suggestion. I know you were racing for Atomic so that is some reliable info.

Mike - We will do our best to avoid that. As drivers also, we hate it just as much as the next guy. Watch out for a carousel turn this year!!:eek:!!

-Russ

Can we also sign up the day before or the day of in person?

ncrcracing
2010.08.24, 12:27 PM
Can we also sign up the day before or the day of in person?

Yes, you can sign up Friday night during practice or Saturday (day of), but since we are limiting the # of cars it could be risky if you have a large group of people waiting for day of registration.

I will keep a tally running in the blog as the weeks progress and if it starts getting close to our cutoff then you can decide to mail it in ahead of time.

ROBG
2010.08.24, 12:50 PM
Yes, you can sign up Friday night during practice or Saturday (day of), but since we are limiting the # of cars it could be risky if you have a large group of people waiting for day of registration.

I will keep a tally running in the blog as the weeks progress and if it starts getting close to our cutoff then you can decide to mail it in ahead of time.

I would greatly appreciate that because I am definitly coming to race.:)

double_green
2010.08.27, 12:28 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new to Mini-Z racing. I heard about this charity race through a fellow racer that is also attending. I just picked up a MR-03 and would like to race in the stock class. Will there be loaner 'cards' (same as transponder?) at this event? If not where can I purchase this? Also, do you guys practice anywhere? Or, have club races prior to this event that I might be able to attend?

Thanks.

John

ncrcracing
2010.08.27, 12:30 PM
Many of you have asked so here is a quick list of the registrants so far:

-Gary Stephenson
-Russ Hester
-Mike Morse
-Stu Gotz
-Mike Keely
-Gary Thomas
-Dan Zadra
-Brandon Jones
-Joe Jones
-Raymond Curtis
-Matt Ward
-Robert Montee
-Mike Doolittle

I'll try to keep a running list from this point on every week.

17 CARS

Enjoy the weekend!
Russ

Scrapper
2010.08.27, 01:06 PM
we should do a drifting race exhibition at the end it is lots of fun

ncrcracing
2010.08.29, 09:38 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new to Mini-Z racing. I heard about this charity race through a fellow racer that is also attending. I just picked up a MR-03 and would like to race in the stock class. Will there be loaner 'cards' (same as transponder?) at this event? If not where can I purchase this? Also, do you guys practice anywhere? Or, have club races prior to this event that I might be able to attend?

Thanks.

John

John,
CoreSpeedway cards will be available.

We did have club races but with the economy and folks coming and going we stopped about two years ago and now only this race is what we run.

Check some of the other local tracks that run on the weekends. The MR-03 will be a good car to run as a first car, you'll get plenty of help in the pits on setup if you ask for it.

Hope to see you at our race.

Russ

ncrcracing
2010.08.29, 09:41 PM
we should do a drifting race exhibition at the end it is lots of fun

I'm open to that if time permits. That could give us some good video.

Skv012a
2010.08.29, 11:05 PM
I'm open to that if time permits. That could give us some good video.

And if we do it on the carpet/floors (same church from last year, correct?) then it'll be even easier. I'll go ahead and suggest Initial D themed drift session to further the idea. Perhaps Ferrari-only, Outrun style?

double_green
2010.08.30, 11:13 AM
John,
CoreSpeedway cards will be available.

We did have club races but with the economy and folks coming and going we stopped about two years ago and now only this race is what we run.

Check some of the other local tracks that run on the weekends. The MR-03 will be a good car to run as a first car, you'll get plenty of help in the pits on setup if you ask for it.

Hope to see you at our race.

Russ

Russ,

Thanks. I think I'm all set then. Also, I found a local track (Hobby Works) in Va that's holding pratices every Monday. They also have the monthly HFAY races. I'm planning on doing one in early October to see how bad (I mean well) I'm going to do at the ALS event.

-John

ncrcracing
2010.08.30, 12:41 PM
And if we do it on the carpet/floors (same church from last year, correct?) then it'll be even easier. I'll go ahead and suggest Initial D themed drift session to further the idea. Perhaps Ferrari-only, Outrun style?

Yep, same church as last year.

ncrcracing
2010.08.30, 12:42 PM
Russ,

Thanks. I think I'm all set then. Also, I found a local track (Hobby Works) in Va that's holding pratices every Monday. They also have the monthly HFAY races. I'm planning on doing one in early October to see how bad (I mean well) I'm going to do at the ALS event.

-John

John,

Actually I think a lot of those drivers down there come up for the event and can clue you in on setup ideas.

Good luck,
Russ

Scrapper
2010.08.30, 01:02 PM
have any hotel deals been worked out

ncrcracing
2010.08.30, 08:54 PM
have any hotel deals been worked out

Still working out the last bits of the deal. I would imagine we will have something before a month from the event.

vash
2010.09.03, 08:44 PM
My car is hfay legal, would it qualify for stock class? Thanks

ncrcracing
2010.09.03, 11:02 PM
My car is hfay legal, would it qualify for stock class? Thanks

Yes, we will have hand out motors you will need to use but other than that it will be.

ncrcracing
2010.09.03, 11:09 PM
Here you go guys:

Hotel: Holiday Inn Express BWI, 7481 Ridge Rd, Hanover, MD 21076

Rate: $59/night (double occupancy), subject to applicable taxes of 13%

Reservation: 410-684-3388 or 1-800-315-2621, and use group code: ALS, not SMERF

Cut off deadline for discounted reservations is Oct. 8, 2010.

Hotel is only about 15 minutes away from the race event, and we were able to negotiate $59/night, over 45% off the going rate! With two people, that’s only about $30 per person per night. Buffet-style breakfast in the morning and high-speed internet access included!

mleemor60
2010.09.04, 10:26 AM
Good job Russ. I will reserve today.

arch2b
2010.09.04, 01:25 PM
mailing my check today. had to search high and low for a stamp of all things. i have not bought a stamp in years.

ncrcracing
2010.09.05, 07:54 PM
Good job Russ. I will reserve today.

Cool. Let us know if you run into any problems.

ncrcracing
2010.09.05, 07:55 PM
mailing my check today. had to search high and low for a stamp of all things. i have not bought a stamp in years.

Raymond,
Sounds good. I got a bunch on Friday so I will update the list next week when I get back to the office.

Scrapper
2010.09.08, 11:09 AM
updated list?

also if i am to decide that i want to do another class soon to the date can i sign up for it on the day

ROBG
2010.09.08, 11:32 AM
updated list?

also if i am to decide that i want to do another class soon to the date can i sign up for it on the day

as long as there is open spots from what I was told. I sent mine in for stock, but if there are openings the day of I will run in open class.

Scrapper
2010.09.08, 01:25 PM
thanks dude because i might get into f1 closer to the race

arch2b
2010.09.09, 08:41 AM
Many of you have asked so here is a quick list of the registrants so far:....

I'll try to keep a running list from this point on every week.

17 CARS

Enjoy the weekend!
Russ

might i suggest editing the first post to include information that will be updated? this makes it easier to locate as the post count grows on this thread and pages added.
if you cannot edit, please let me know.

Scrapper
2010.09.09, 02:07 PM
Hey russ i just wanted to check what would i need to get to make a rs4 legal for this race in 1/18 i am scoring one today from a friend but need to know how to set it up

ncrcracing
2010.09.10, 01:39 PM
might i suggest editing the first post to include information that will be updated? this makes it easier to locate as the post count grows on this thread and pages added.
if you cannot edit, please let me know.

Yeah, this is the right way to do it. We have a couple of people here that login as NCRC Racing so I will make sure that everyone uses this method if they are tasked with updating the list.

Russ

ncrcracing
2010.09.10, 01:42 PM
Hey russ i just wanted to check what would i need to get to make a rs4 legal for this race in 1/18 i am scoring one today from a friend but need to know how to set it up

You just need a 5cell battery pack. Becuase this is for fun the only limits for 1/18 are:

1. 1/18 scale
2. 5 cell NiMH or NiCd battery pack (no LiPo)

As you know speed will not win you the race on this track with the larger cars so brushless are totally legal.

Did you pick up the F1?

-Russ

Action B
2010.09.11, 02:16 PM
Check is in the mail for me (Brandon) and dirtymex (Maya)

Me:
Stock class
dNano

Maya:
Stock class

Scrapper
2010.09.11, 02:24 PM
nah im gonna enter 1/18 scale instead

is it okay to use the 4xaa cells

ncrcracing
2010.09.13, 02:56 PM
Here you go guys:

Reservation: 410-684-3388 or 1-800-315-2621, and use group code: ALS, not SMERF

Hotel is only about 15 minutes away from the race event, and we were able to negotiate $59/night, over 45% off the going rate! With two people, that’s only about $30 per person per night. Buffet-style breakfast in the morning and high-speed internet access included!

FEEDBACK FROM A USER:

While attempting to make reservations for the event I have found a series of mandatory hoops to jump through. The toll free number provided takes you to reservations but you cannot make any because in order to use the rate code you must call the hotel direct. The number for that is 1-410-684-3388. Do not mention making a reservation because once you open your mouth you will be transferred to the main reservation number where they can't help you or transfer you back. Once this has been done in the correct sequence you have to speak directly to someone named Clarissa. She usually isn't available so you will be asked to call back. If you are persistent they will take your name and number and call you back.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE THE CODE ALS not SMERF

TheRinger
2010.09.13, 09:22 PM
Russ, I sent my registration today along with a check, hope it gets 2 U before its 2 late. I signed up 4 mini z stock and open class.

Bill

ncrcracing
2010.09.13, 10:32 PM
Russ, I sent my registration today along with a check, hope it gets 2 U before its 2 late. I signed up 4 mini z stock and open class.

Bill

Every registrant will get a confirmation email that we recieved your check/registration. I send these out every Friday so if you don't hear from me by the end of this week and you know you sent it out more than a week ago get in touch with me ASAP.

-Russ

soyverde
2010.09.14, 08:14 AM
Mine is on the way as well (stock/f1). Looks like it's filling up fast. ;)

Daddy Rabbit
2010.09.14, 11:06 AM
Russ,
Is there a post regarding the pits, tables, power, etc?
How wide will each person's pit be?

Thanks.

ncrcracing
2010.09.14, 12:31 PM
Russ,
Is there a post regarding the pits, tables, power, etc?
How wide will each person's pit be?

Thanks.

Pit areas are typcially 2ft deep by 4ft wide. You could probably take up more space but I am sure you will hear others complain.

Our goal is to open up more space (more rooms) so that the pit area isn't so congested but WE WILL NEED YOUR GUYS COOPERATION TO MAKE SURE THE HEAT RUN ON TIME.

ncrcracing
2010.09.15, 12:31 PM
We have pulled in a number of prizes over the past few weeks and I am psyched to provide this list.

Everyone Gets:
- A set of Atomic AAA batteries (for MiniZ registrants)
- Atomic 70T (for MiniZ registrants)
- Atomic MiniZ Tires (the best you can get)
- Team Scream Racing LiPo (for 1/18th registrants)

Drivers Prizes (you register, you can win):
- Atomic VMII Car Kit
- Atomic shirts
- Spektrum shirts
- Indianapolis Speedway shirt & hat
- Atomic radio tethers, pens
- Atomic pit mats (these are the nicest I have seen)
- Kyosho AutoScale MiniZ bodies
- Spektrum Radio
- Tools
- RTRs
- AutoArt Gear Shift Trophies (you have to perform for these)
- AutoArt Ltd Edition Shelby Cobra Brake Disc wall clock (for the driver who posts two identical lap times in the same heat).

Raffle Prizes:
- Eflite Blade MCX
- Autographed F1 pictures from (Vettel, Button, Alonso, Hamilton, Schumacher, Raikkonen
- Autographed checkered flag from the 2010 Malaysian Grand Prix with ALL F1 drivers signatures
- RTRs and other kits

There are more but I am tired of typing. Some really cool autographed raffle prizes are coming in but I don't want to advertise them until I get them in hand.

ncrcracing
2010.09.15, 12:32 PM
we have pulled in a number of prizes over the past few weeks and i am psyched to provide this list.

Everyone gets:
- a set of atomic aaa batteries (for miniz registrants)
- atomic 70t (for miniz registrants)
- atomic miniz tires (the best you can get)
- team scream racing lipo (for 1/18th registrants)

drivers prizes (you register, you can win):
- atomic vmii car kit
- atomic shirts
- spektrum shirts
- indianapolis speedway shirt & hat
- atomic radio tethers, pens
- atomic pit mats (these are the nicest i have seen)
- kyosho autoscale miniz bodies
- spektrum radio
- tools
- rtrs
- autoart gear shift trophies (you have to perform for these)
- autoart ltd edition shelby cobra brake disc wall clock (for the driver who posts two identical lap times in the same heat).

Raffle prizes:
- eflite blade mcx
- autographed f1 pictures from (vettel, button, alonso, hamilton, schumacher, raikkonen
- autographed checkered flag from the 2010 malaysian grand prix with all f1 drivers signatures
- rtrs and other kits

there are more but i am tired of typing. Some really cool autographed raffle prizes are coming in but i don't want to advertise them until i get them in hand.

just an insane list!!!:d

ncrcracing
2010.09.15, 09:08 PM
Now 29 CARS
A good mix of cars with F1, STK, OPEN, 1.18, and dNano

Action B
2010.09.15, 09:38 PM
Now 29 CARS
A good mix of cars with F1, STK, OPEN, 1.18, and dNano

Am I included in that list of 29 cars?

Daddy Rabbit
2010.09.16, 11:00 AM
Russ,
Can we see an up to date drivers list?
Thank you.

Scrapper
2010.09.16, 09:46 PM
Has there been any word on whether or not the layout will require a marshall in middle like last year

ncrcracing
2010.09.17, 12:29 PM
Has there been any word on whether or not the layout will require a marshall in middle like last year

Net yet. We are designing the layout in the next 30mins.

ncrcracing
2010.09.17, 12:31 PM
Russ,
Can we see an up to date drivers list?
Thank you.

Thompson, Andy
Jones, Joe
Jones, Brandon
Gotts, Samuel
Curtis, Raymond
Johnson, Ian
Montee, Robert
Ward, Matt
Case, Bill
Zadra, Dan
Thomas, Gary
Doolittle, Mike
Whittington, Brandon
Ramos-Allen, Maya
Slubben, Sean
Morse, Mike
Keely, Mike
Hester, Russell
Stephenson, Gary

29 cars

ROBG
2010.09.17, 01:10 PM
Thompson, Andy
Jones, Joe
Jones, Brandon
Gotts, Samuel
Curtis, Raymond
Johnson, Ian
Montee, Robert
Ward, Matt
Case, Bill
Zadra, Dan
Thomas, Gary
Doolittle, Mike
Whittington, Brandon
Ramos-Allen, Maya
Slubben, Sean
Morse, Mike
Keely, Mike
Hester, Russell
Stephenson, Gary

29 cars

I'm getting a little scared, I don't see my name on the list.

ncrcracing
2010.09.17, 01:51 PM
I'm getting a little scared, I don't see my name on the list.

Rob, my apologies. You are good. Did you get my email confirmation?

ncrcracing
2010.09.17, 01:53 PM

Can you give me your city, state and zipcode for our records?

ROBG
2010.09.17, 01:56 PM
Can you give me your city, state and zipcode for our records?

Surely, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663. Thank you,:)

ROBG
2010.09.17, 01:57 PM

yes I did, thank you,

ncrcracing
2010.09.21, 08:36 PM
Here you go guys:

Reservation: 410-684-3388 or 1-800-315-2621, and use group code: ALS

Anyone else had any good or bad experiences in booking their hotel rooms?

Scrapper
2010.09.24, 03:40 PM
im gonna try tomorrow to book 2 nights

machgo5go
2010.09.29, 06:54 PM
Pre-Registration still available?
Eitheway I am sending out Pre-Reg. today but one thing I am not clear is under F1 rules: you are not allow 2.4Ghz type?
I will sign up for 2 classes of stock & open and see how F1 is later on if possible.

Scrapper
2010.10.02, 07:45 PM
rate code als does not work called 410 number

ncrcracing
2010.10.04, 01:30 PM
rate code als does not work called 410 number

It should be working both online and call in. Are you still having trouble?

Russ

ncrcracing
2010.10.04, 01:31 PM
Pre-Registration still available?
Eitheway I am sending out Pre-Reg. today but one thing I am not clear is under F1 rules: you are not allow 2.4Ghz type?
I will sign up for 2 classes of stock & open and see how F1 is later on if possible.

Pre-reg is still opne so long as you get it post marked by Oct 8.

F1 rules are anything goes, BUT you need to use the handout motor and cannot use LiPos.

cosmicsoul
2010.10.05, 02:49 PM
Hey man I am not going to be able to make the event this year. I would like to support the event though at some capacity. So if at all possible I would like to score a T-shirt and some tickets for the raffle prizes.

I understand if you need to be present to win the prizes, nonetheless I would like to purchase a T-shirt if you are going have any made for this years event.

I wore the T-shirt to PN regional at Myrtle beach and this young kid recognized the font. Any way I thought that was pretty cool.

Well that's about it sounds like alot of folks are going to make it out for this one have fun!

Action B
2010.10.05, 06:27 PM
Hey man I am not going to be able to make the event this year. I would like to support the event though at some capacity. So if at all possible I would like to score a T-shirt and some tickets for the raffle prizes.

I understand if you need to be present to win the prizes, nonetheless I would like to purchase a T-shirt if you are going have any made for this years event.

I wore the T-shirt to PN regional at Myrtle beach and this young kid recognized the font. Any way I thought that was pretty cool.

Well that's about it sounds like alot of folks are going to make it out for this one have fun!

What? If Maya falls asleep under a pit table again your going to miss it.

ncrcracing
2010.10.06, 02:18 PM

Bummer:(

We don't have shirts for this year's event, but if you want to buy some tickets for the prizes please send me a check to the same address:

Bowles Fluidics Corp
6625 Dobbin Road
Columbia, MD 21045
Attn: R. Hester

I'll post a list of the prizes shortly and just let me know which ones you want to win.

-Russ

ncrcracing
2010.10.06, 02:18 PM
The event is just around the corner and the list for the driver's prizes is too long to list but includes car kits, Spektrum radio, Castle Creations Pro kit, etc.

Listed here are the raffle prizes so save your money (remember we provide food):D

Raffle Prizes (Tickets $5 each or 5 for $20):

Dale Jr. Mini-helmet
Jeff Gordon Mini-helmet
Indianapolis Motor Speedway T-shirt and Hat
Autographed picture of S. Vettel (professional photo & authenticated)
Autographed picture of L. Hamilton – car (professional photo & authenticated)
Autographed picture of L. Hamilton – profile (professional photo & authenticated)
Autographed picture of M. Schumacher (professional photo & authenticated)
Autographed picture of K. Raikkonen (professional photo & authenticated)
Autographed picture of F. Massa (professional photo & authenticated)
Autographed picture of J. Button (professional photo & authenticated)
MiniZ Monster Truck kit (Ready To Run)
Eflite Blade Helicopter kit (RTR)
Autographed picture of Cal Ripken Jr. – Hall of Fame Limited Edition (professional photo & authenticated)
Autographed hockey puck from Mike Green (#52 Capitals) (authenticated)

Premium Raffle Prizes (Tickets $10 each):

Autographed checkered flag from 2010 Malaysian Grand Prix (Signed by Vettel, Webber, Rosberg, Kubica, Sutil, Hamilton, Massa, Button, Algeursuari, Hulkenburg, Buemi, Barrichello, Alonso, di Grassi, Chandhok, Senna, Trulli, Kovalainen, Petrov, Liuzzi, Schumacher, Glock, de la Rossa, Kobayashi) – valued at more than $300
Baltimore Grand Prix Ticket Package for Two (Race day passes, pit passes and hat/shirts) more than a $500 value that you could win for only $10

More prizes may be avialable on race day.

ncrcracing
2010.10.15, 08:51 PM
Hello everyone,

Lots has gone on and I have neglected posting recently, but with the event just a week away I wanted to let all of you know how psyched we all are about this year's event.

Track layout has been designed but I haven't put it in the track designer to get a formal pic posted. I'll do that this week, but the overall hope is to make it modular so we can shorten it for the dNanos quickly and easily.

Transponders are coming along as we need to encase them for protection but we will have them for you if needed (prefered).

I am not sure any of you heard but another tragic death touched near to home to NCRC Racing. We lost Joe Jones (Glen Burnie) two weeks ago and he put a lot of time into racing in the Maryland area. Mainly 1/10 and 1/18. Him and his son raced our ALS Charity event from the very beginning and becuase of his devotion to the hobby we are holding the A Main pole position vacant in his memory for the 1/18 scale.

Food is confirmed for lunch and when I return to the office I will confirm breakfast items for Saturday on another post.

Please feel free to post with any last minute questions. I'll be checking the blog frequently leading up to the event.

Russ

Mike Keely
2010.10.15, 09:13 PM
Hi Russ, did you get the stock motors in?

I will not be able to make the Friday night practice. What time can we get in to get the hand out motors so we can get them in our cars? Thanks MK

Action B
2010.10.15, 10:12 PM
Transponders are coming along as we need to encase them for protection but we will have them for you if needed (prefered).

What kind of transponders and what kind of protection?

Scrapper
2010.10.15, 11:02 PM
core i think

looking forward to this race

Can we get a list of whos registered it hasnt been updated

ncrcracing
2010.10.16, 08:53 PM
Hi Russ, did you get the stock motors in?

I will not be able to make the Friday night practice. What time can we get in to get the hand out motors so we can get them in our cars? Thanks MK

No problem. Track opens up at 8am but we should be there a little earlier so you can pick it up them.

Thanks to Atomic we have plenty of these motors to cover the STK and F1 categories.

BIG THANKS to Atomic who is now our title sponsor!

See you real soon (sorry, just got back from Orlando).

Russ

ncrcracing
2010.10.16, 08:54 PM
What kind of transponders and what kind of protection?

We got the generic TI RFID tags but they came on a spool so we need to cut them off and encapsulate them to protect the IC and aerial loop against normal install into cars.

ncrcracing
2010.10.16, 08:57 PM
core i think

looking forward to this race

Can we get a list of whos registered it hasnt been updated

Bro,
I'll do my best to get an updated list but I have been out of the office for two weeks and there is still tons to catch up on.

Hot Items:
-Confirming all food details. You guys are going to get fed.
-Finish the trophies.
-Install lap counting software on new PC for race.
-Complete track layout, make sure we have enough pieces and post pic

etc...

You get the picture, but I will do my best.

Russ

BTW - did you get the hotel worked out?

Scrapper
2010.10.16, 09:25 PM
Sounds cool cant wait till next friday

ncrcracing
2010.10.19, 01:46 PM
Here is the track layout for this year's race.

Some sections will be 3 wide but are not modeled in pic - don't worry.

Safe travel for those coming from out of state.

Russ

CristianTabush
2010.10.19, 02:25 PM
Please note that the Handout is our NEW Reflex Racing CTP Motor. We came to an agreement with Atomic to use our newly designed 70 Turn Motor for this race.

Action B
2010.10.19, 05:50 PM
Please note that the Handout is our NEW Reflex Racing CTP Motor. We came to an agreement with Atomic to use our newly designed 70 Turn Motor for this race.

I look forward to using the Christian Tabush Powered motor

ncrcracing
2010.10.19, 08:33 PM
I look forward to using the Christian Tabush Powered motor

Me too, they are setting in my climate controlled office as I type. If we had more time we could have run them on our dyno and blue-printed each one......but we didn't.

ncrcracing
2010.10.19, 08:34 PM

CT,

Are you going to make it to the race this weekend? There's a spot for you.

Russ

CristianTabush
2010.10.20, 03:16 AM
Russ, not this year sorry. It's just a little too close to the PN Finals. I have every intention in going up Northeast for some racing next year though.

I hope the motors are to people's liking. Please, if you guys can, send tons of feedback my way.

BTW, Brandon, your order did go out today via USPS Priority Mail. You should expect it no later than Friday.

Scrapper
2010.10.21, 09:21 PM
are we ready for tomorrow

btw i want to be put into f1 and mod as well

ncrcracing
2010.10.21, 09:38 PM
are we ready for tomorrow

btw i want to be put into f1 and mod as well

Hell yeah!

Track is down!!! Just need to organize the pit area and validate the lap counter setup.

EVERYONE - Don't forget we are going to have donuts, bagels, fruit and coffee for you on Saturday morning. Then of course, lunch.

-Russ

Action B
2010.10.21, 10:03 PM
Don't know exactly if this is posted somewhere but the thread has gotten fairly long. I checked the first post.. ANyhow..

Looking for the address and practice/racing schedule. Anyone have the info or a link?

VAzRACER
2010.10.21, 10:07 PM
Don't know exactly if this is posted somewhere but the thread has gotten fairly long. I checked the first post.. ANyhow..

Looking for the address and practice/racing schedule. Anyone have the info or a link?

The addy I have is-

Odenton, MD 21113

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

LeProf
2010.10.22, 09:02 AM
How do we know if we have been sucessfully pre-registered?
Just looked at my bank account and the check did not yet go through...

I know there is not much time for putting a complete list up (is there one?), but would just like to know if I need to come with extra money in case you haven't received my registration.

thanks

Rene Piche

Scrapper
2010.10.22, 09:04 AM
tonight is it safe to leave our gear in the church and can we reserve pit spot for saturday tonight

ncrcracing
2010.10.22, 09:16 AM
The addy I have is-

Odenton, MD 21113

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Matt,
Thanks for posting. We were busy setting up the track last night so we are good to go!!

Schedule:
FRIDAY 5-9PM PRACTICE
SATURDAY 8AM OPEN, 9AM REG CLOSES, FIRST HEAT AT 10AM

See you later,
Russ

ncrcracing
2010.10.22, 09:17 AM
tonight is it safe to leave our gear in the church and can we reserve pit spot for saturday tonight

Yes. It will be safe and secure.

ncrcracing
2010.10.22, 09:17 AM
How do we know if we have been sucessfully pre-registered?
Just looked at my bank account and the check did not yet go through...

I know there is not much time for putting a complete list up (is there one?), but would just like to know if I need to come with extra money in case you haven't received my registration.

thanks

Rene Piche

Rene,

Sorry, I didn't get out confirmation emails this week. We recieved yours. You are good to go.

Russ

arch2b
2010.10.22, 09:32 AM
just a reminder, we have a gallery (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=1364) setup for pictures, anyone can upload so please feel free to share :)

ncrcracing
2010.10.22, 10:01 AM
Here are your last 30 minutes before we go off line and head to the race site. I may not be checking the blogs between now and 5pm so if you need something answered do so now in the next 30 minutes.

If not, then you can ask me face to face at 5pm tonight

Thanks,
Russ

Daddy Rabbit
2010.10.22, 10:30 AM
Russ,
Check your PM's.

imxlr8ed
2010.10.22, 05:08 PM
Good luck to all!

This is my first year missing this race and I'm hurtin' reading this thread. :(

But, life has different priorities right now and I'll be back for next years event for sure!

Russ and the gang at NCRC put on one hell of an event for the ALS cause! Always major props to them! If it's your first time going, you will have fun... no doubt!

mleemor60
2010.10.22, 08:28 PM
Ed we will keep a pit spot open for you in absentia and will also try to come up with some antic that is worthy of you.

Scrapper
2010.10.22, 08:32 PM
Love the layout this year

its gonna be interesting tomorrow

arch2b
2010.10.22, 10:53 PM
you will be missed ed. :) understand the life changes and priorities though. i've got 2 of them myself. i'm actually bringing both of them this year as well. they are not racing but they wanted to come and its a good chance for some father son's time. also means my day will be ultra hectic .

Scrapper
2010.10.23, 05:30 AM
couldnt get much sleep to much going on today pulling a 3 class run

ncrcracing
2010.10.23, 06:27 AM
Good luck to all!

This is my first year missing this race and I'm hurtin' reading this thread. :(

But, life has different priorities right now and I'll be back for next years event for sure!

Russ and the gang at NCRC put on one hell of an event for the ALS cause! Always major props to them! If it's your first time going, you will have fun... no doubt!

Ed,
Noooooooooo. You will be missed this year but we understand. See you in 2011 (maybe we'll finally come up to your neighborhood).

Russ

ncrcracing
2010.10.23, 06:28 AM
Ed we will keep a pit spot open for you in absentia and will also try to come up with some antic that is worthy of you.

Mike,
Don't make me send security in there!

ncrcracing
2010.10.23, 06:28 AM
couldnt get much sleep to much going on today pulling a 3 class run

But you know you'll be havin' fun!

arch2b
2010.10.23, 09:57 PM
first response will be, my sons and i had a great time, just as we do every year!

absolutely great race event and one i highly recommend for anyone to add to their racing calendar. you cannot beat excellent racing for a deserving charity cause.

thank you to the event sponsors for providing all the great swag and prizes that we all came home with. my kids love the atomic sweatshirts, thanks atomic/sai :) the food was great! from the dunkin donuts to the chicken out sandwhiches. we all ate well today. i've never had a donut munchkin wiht sprinkles until today and they were delicious.

i came 2 laps from winning a coveted race trophy (dnano class). i'm hoping i can inch closer next year to a trophy finish in something.

i have plenty of pictures that am uploading now and will be sharing them. please feel free to share your pictures/video as well. anyone can upload to the event gallery (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=1364).

have to also add that it was truly great to meet up with a large number of racers that i do not get to see very often. it's always a pleasure and i hope to compete again with them.

yes, there was a dnano class despite only 2 preregistrations for the class. thank you goes out to Ken for brining his fleet of dnano's that neabled us to fill out the field to at least 6-7. it was great fun and something i hope we see again at next years event.

mleemor60
2010.10.23, 10:26 PM
I may have more thoughts after the "high" wears off but there are things I want to get out while they are fresh.

The Charity aspect aside. This event is truly one of the greats. It is an unbelievably hard working group that makes sure that everybody that comes to their house has a good time. The ALS charity makes it even more spectacular. Anyone thinking of hosting an event should make contacting the NCRC group for advice the first item on the list.

Atomic as the title sponsor went far above and beyond with giving the event what it needed to succed, no, exceed the goal set for the ALS charity not to mention a new standard for involvement for such a compact portion of the hobby industry. Trully a class act. All the other manufacturer's could take a lesson from what Atomic did here. I am sure that a lot of groups will be hosting events for Atomic next year in thanks for the truly outstanding job they did for this event. I know that our group will. Special thanks to Sai Tam for ramrodding the support through to get this done.

I don't know how the motor responsibility got passed to Reflex and Cristian Tabush but to Cristian I have to say good job. I'm impressed. The motors exceeded my expectations. I will be pleased to add them to my inventory.

Russ. You're my hero. You know why. Nuff said. See you next year.

Aside from Carolina's Cup events next year I will probably only go on the road for two events and you may rest assured that The NCRC ALS charity race will be one of them.

Raymond. We should pit together more often. It was great fun. We even talked a little forum business as well.

To Mr Mini Z himself. Thanks for giving us a great venue to ramble on about such a great little corner of the hobby.

Mike

ncrcracing
2010.10.23, 10:29 PM
You guys beat me to it.

I cannot say how awesome it was to have all the people come out for such an important cause. Truly incredible that we were not only able to surpass last year's take and this year's goal of $3700, but to BLOW IT OUT OF THE WATER and raise $5700 just leaves me speechless.

New and old faces. Fantastic prizes (no-- ridiculous prizes). And some very tight racing.

Sorry for the delay in getting the lapcounting system working but in the end it all worked fine and we had some great racing.

Special thanks to our major sponsors: Atomic RC, Spektrum, MiniZRacer, Team Scream, AutoArt, and the Baltimore GrandPrix. Yes, especially Atomic who clearly help catapult this event!

Next year we will continue to try and raise the bar, it will be hard but I am confident we will see you all again next year.

On behalf of the ALS Association thank you very much for your support to help not only with research but also awareness.

Sincerely,
Russ

ncrcracing
2010.10.23, 10:44 PM
Raymond

Thanks so much for posting the gallery so quickly. Great pics. I'll get more up this week.

Russ

Scrapper
2010.10.23, 10:57 PM
this was a great event. Atomc outdd themselves. Thank you sai. I was happy to win a race for the first time since i got back into the zs even if it was a c main

Action B
2010.10.24, 12:29 AM
What a day.

First things first. Thank you NCRC, atomic, spectrum and Reflex and everyone who supported this charity event. I had a great time and it was definitely the most impressive RC event I have attended ever.

Spectrum is awesome
Atomic parts are fast
So is Sai.

Thats all for now.

EMU
2010.10.24, 01:07 AM
Just made it home... Great event :) It doesnt matter win or lose, as long as its fun, and you learn... thats my motto. I did both. I met some new people, saw some familiar faces... won an RTR in the raffle :D It will find a good home ;)

Sai, congratulations on your wins. For those that didnt know, Sai has had a 3 week winning streak going into this race, and winning 2 out of 3 classes, shows that he was truly the guy to beat.

Matt, congrats on your F1 win. I may have set TQ, but you had great pace, and were the fast guy on track, and they guy to beat in F1. Next week, it may be a different story ;)

Fastest lap of all, set by Mike Gee 1/18 Xray driver, almost a full second faster than anyone else...

After I ran the stock class, I realised that I used my stock batteries in my mod car, and my mod batteries in my stock car... No wonder why my mod car had way too much power, and my stock car felt a little flat. I drove as hard as I could in every main, and never gave up. It just wasnt my race, and I am happy coming home with a gear shift trophy :)

Action B
2010.10.24, 02:05 AM
My motto is "Safety first and then teamwork."

lfisminiz
2010.10.24, 02:08 AM
Russ and the gang..........looks like another AWESOME event. Couldnt make it this (for the first time), but i plan on being there next year and start a new streak.;) Hopefully ill get to drag my side kick Ed along again to.:D

kromie101
2010.10.24, 08:26 AM
do you guys have results? sounds like you guys had a blast,sorry i missed it.

ncrcracing
2010.10.24, 09:07 AM

Thanks for all the posts. This is the 'driver's' race for sure.

Kromie, I'll update our website with a summary and let everyone know when it is up.

Russ

EMU
2010.10.24, 11:25 AM

This is what I remember...

Mini-Z Stock A: TQ Sai Tam
1st Sai Tam
2nd Matt Ward
3rd Mike Keely
4th EMU
5th Bill (the Ringer)
6th Mike Gee
7th ...? Action B?
8th ...?

B: winner Mike Morse

Mini-Z Open: TQ EMU
1st Sai Tam
2nd EMU
3rd Bill (the Ringer)?
4th Mike Keely?

F1 (9 car field): TQ EMU
1st Matt Ward
2nd Sai Tam
3rd Saint
4th EMU :(

1/18th Mike Gee TQ and Winner

I had Major glitching issues in F1 in the main :( It was fine earlier in the day. But was more than a handful to drive in the main. I went on damage control, and tried as well as I could not to take other racers out during the race. In stock, I used the batteries meant for Mod, and Mod I used the batteries meant for stock :rolleyes: In practice before the main, I got hit by a 1/18th car in my stock car, and had to replace a bent diff. The car didnt handle the same... I had the diff a little too loose. Live and learn I guess... It was a fun race, regardless where I finished. I didnt go to win, just to have fun at a great event for a good cause. Have a lot of work to do for next week.

Atomic-USA
2010.10.24, 11:37 AM
Great event! Many thanks to NCRC, volunteers, sponsors and racers for a charitable and fun event. There is a lot to say but I'm exhausted right now. Also thank you racers for purchasing or trying Atomic products. I did take photos of the results:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ALS%20Charity%20Event%20Oct%202010/IMG_0521.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ALS%20Charity%20Event%20Oct%202010/IMG_0520.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ALS%20Charity%20Event%20Oct%202010/IMG_0522.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ALS%20Charity%20Event%20Oct%202010/IMG_0448.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ALS%20Charity%20Event%20Oct%202010/IMG_0464.jpg

CLICK HERE -- PHOTO ALBUM for more photos (http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ALS%20Charity%20Event%20Oct%202010/)

I'll write more when I'm fully awake

Sai Tam

EMU
2010.10.24, 11:44 AM
CLICK HERE -- PHOTO ALBUM for more photos (Link to my small photo album)

Link not working...

Atomic-USA
2010.10.24, 11:46 AM
Try again.

arch2b
2010.10.24, 11:58 AM
great pictures sai! (images from sai's gallery)

me and my kids thanking sai for the awsome sweatshirts! they are still wearing them today.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ALS%20Charity%20Event%20Oct%202010/IMG_0514.jpg

event registration table ;)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ALS%20Charity%20Event%20Oct%202010/IMG_0473.jpg

fyi, please feel free to leave comments to the pictures i put in the event gallery. i didn't have time to leave comments for all of them. also, my pictures are not nearly as good as sai's. my phone camera just isn't that good really and my kids used my digital camera last thus could not be found:rolleyes:

EMU
2010.10.24, 12:03 PM
It works. Good pictures... :)

Atomic-USA
2010.10.24, 03:56 PM
I only used Auto mode on my camera and I think the photos were mediocre. Can't wait to see the photos/videos taken by the dedicated photographer and the press.

Mike Keely
2010.10.24, 06:32 PM
http://odenton.patch.com/articles/racing-for-als

This is the link to the Odenton Patch that covered the event.

arch2b
2010.10.24, 07:35 PM
nice brief and well deserved news write up :)

lots of very good photos as well! HERE (http://o3.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/d13cc65eeb302b44d543a62cf2725b2e) is my youngest son Michael having fun with his mr-02.

the awsome remant racing host, Gary sr (http://o4.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/6f75e19d997cae3ef97c00295d0f25d).

local legend mike keely (http://o3.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/a2b6f61a89690d2bfa0343cb36e47bb6).

the man of the hour Sai and a repeat attendee Eugen (http://o4.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/c350cacad1a261b58f7007d526ca2d74)e.

my good friend and pit buddy Mike Morse (http://o3.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/46e4c61c0001537bda230f19d0a31758) :)

our dc club phenom Bill case (http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/bf7a80a22c3db91e39d35a7f41cbeed3) :p

the new to northern va and racing couple Brandon and Maya along with an absolutely talented gary jr (http://o3.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/ff6feac5c87a0404b5c563a2d083a419) of remnant racing.

the seldom seen but always enjoyable saint and his son (http://o2.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/e04a60acd04ddc286cb7f08e6e61f6d1) :cool: i kid, but seriously, we don't see you guys enough, need to get out more :)

a dc club long timer and awsome person to hang out with Ian J. (http://o5.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/ccc78bd81484db670d79c686da60d06b).

eugene (http://o5.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/b16a95fc56bb23e9662c27a6f648db47) has to get this one in poster size :p

the coveted trophy (http://o4.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/c28cf977059a3633e4e65a028bd4fb15) i've been aiming for for 4 years now ;) i'm getting closer.

i must credit the author Rebecca Cleary (http://odenton.patch.com/users/rebecca-cleary), she was a wonderful person to briefly talk to and spent a long time getting many photos. i wish i had gotten the opportunity to chat with her as well. its good to see the local community interested in community events such as the annual als charity race.

ncrcracing
2010.10.24, 08:34 PM
nice brief and well deserved news write up :)

lots of very good photos as well! HERE (http://o3.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/d13cc65eeb302b44d543a62cf2725b2e) is my youngest son Michael having fun with his mr-02.

i must credit the author Rebecca Cleary (http://odenton.patch.com/users/rebecca-cleary), she was a wonderful person to briefly talk to and spent a long time getting many photos. i wish i had gotten the opportunity to chat with her as well. its good to see the local community interested in community events such as the annual als charity race.

This was a great article and some great pics. We had one more professional photographer but between the newspaper, Sai's and Raymond's pics I think we got some great memories captured.

I really like the one of the trophies, but Eugene's contemplation and Michael in full on drift were top honors also!

ncrcracing
2010.10.24, 08:39 PM
Great event! Many thanks to NCRC, volunteers, sponsors and racers for a charitable and fun event. There is a lot to say but I'm exhausted right now. Also thank you racers for purchasing or trying Atomic products. I did take photos of the results:

I'll write more when I'm fully awake

Sai Tam

Sai - Thanks for posting pics with results. This is one thing we did miss.

I forgot the file copy of the results and heats so the race report will be a little delayed.

Russ

arch2b
2010.10.24, 08:42 PM
i look forward to your photographers photos Russ :) i saw a video camera setup for the mains, is there video's of these as well?

bermbuster
2010.10.24, 08:43 PM
HERE[/URL] is my youngest son Michael having fun with his mr-02..

That picture is priceless......:cool:

ncrcracing
2010.10.24, 09:02 PM
i look forward to your photographers photos Russ :) i saw a video camera setup for the mains, is there video's of these as well?

Yep, some video footage of the Mains. I will upload on MZR for all to see next week - FAILED- to get camera and files from guys before we left the race Saturday night.

SAI'S PICS ARE A GREAT COLLECTION THAT GIVES YOU A FEEL FOR THE EVENT.

ncrcracing
2010.10.24, 09:04 PM
Sai & Raymond,

I want to send out links to your galleries. Can you 'release' them so I can forward to sponsors and the other supporters?

Thanks,
Russ

arch2b
2010.10.24, 09:10 PM
Sai & Raymond,

I want to send out links to your galleries. Can you 'release' them so I can forward to sponsors and the other supporters?

Thanks,
Russ

absolutely, please feel free :)

soyverde
2010.10.24, 09:16 PM
Thanks to Russ and co. for another great race day. I remember being told by Bill, Matt, etc. a few years ago that I had missed out by not coming to the ALS race, and I took their word for it and showed up last year. Had a blast then, and probably more fun this year. If you keep putting on this event, we'll keep showing up. Thanks again for all the hard work that obviously goes into setting up and running this race.

Mike Keely
2010.10.24, 09:16 PM
Hey Ray, just wondering how old do you have to be to be a legend? LOL:)

arch2b
2010.10.24, 09:19 PM
Hey Ray, just wondering how old do you have to be to be a legend? LOL:)

not age, just vast experience. your well known from the large scale locals all the way down to the micro scale.

imxlr8ed
2010.10.25, 09:41 AM
So, who won the flag?... :D

Looks like you all had an amazing time! Awesome article, amazing pics! Rare you see the people shots during events but it does really capture what gets left out in the podium pics.

She hasn't popped yet but I was bugging her all Sunday about it... "See! We could've went no problem!". On the other hand, I am much further with the kid's room (98% done)... the carpet looks great. I still think the room would've looked much better with a signed F1 flag hanging over the crib!

Great event NCRC!

Action B
2010.10.25, 09:46 AM
Nate has a plethora of live action racing shots I will be adding to our event collection when he gets them live (or he may add them).

I previewed some at the event and they looked really good.

VAzRACER
2010.10.25, 10:32 AM
Ed,

Ian got the flag. He's getting it framed and trying to talk his wife into letting him put it up in the living room. I don't think she's going for it. :p

I already told him how much I dislike him for getting it, I put a couple tickets in there for it too. But he is a true f1 fan and it will be appreciated and displayed proudly.

Congrats again Ian.

ncrcracing
2010.10.25, 12:14 PM
Ed,

Ian got the flag. He's getting it framed and trying to talk his wife into letting him put it up in the living room. I don't think she's going for it. :p

I already told him how much I dislike him for getting it, I put a couple tickets in there for it too. But he is a true f1 fan and it will be appreciated and displayed proudly.

Congrats again Ian.

I am glad such a fan won the flag. Here is the list of those other items:
- Eflite Helicopter (E. Koehler - outside)
- C5R Tamiya Car Kit (K. Butler)
- MiniZ Monster RTR (M. Lombardo - NCRC)
- Kyosho Mini Inferno (G. Stephenson - NCRC)
- Dale Jr. Mini Helmet (TG Marsden - outside)
- Gordon Mini Helmet (TG Marsden - outside)
- Indy Era Hat/t-shirt (V. Brown - outside)
- F. Alonso Pic (T. Hester - NCRC)
- Kimi Pic (T. Hester - NCRC)
- M. Schumacher Pic (S. Bradley - MD)
- S. Vettle Pic (B. Fung - MD)
- L. Hamilton Pic (J. Tribe - MD)
- Ripken Pic (Zadra - MD)
- Capitals Puck (C. South - MD)
- Malaysian F1 Checkered Flag (I. Johnson - VA)
- Baltimore GP Tickets (K. Berning - outside)

You know we'll have insane prizes again next year but that is all thanks to our generous sponsors:
Atomic RC
Spektrum Radio
AutoArt
EmotoTech
Baltimore Grand Prix
MiniZRacer
Team Scream Racing
Ripken Baseball
Kyosho
Indianapolis Speedway
Chicken Out Catering
La Fontaine Blu
Dunkin Donuts
Bowles Fluidics
Flambeau

See you all next year where we will raise the bar again. I think it is time to make the dNanos a class with a focus on kids if that sounds cool. Ideally we have two cats within dNano (Rookie and Pro).

EMU
2010.10.25, 12:20 PM
I would be interested in racing Dnano, and would get one just for next years race :) If I havent gotten one already by then.

ncrcracing
2010.10.25, 12:23 PM
Here are the results/heats.

More coming later.

For all those going to the Worlds this upcoming weekend we wish you the best of luck and please play up our event for all those there. The more the merrier!!

Russ

ncrcracing
2010.10.25, 12:24 PM
I would be interested in racing Dnano, and would get one just for next years race :) If I havent gotten one already by then.

I think we'll have to put you in the Pro category. I couldn't see you racing Raymond's or Ken's kids.:D

EMU
2010.10.25, 12:28 PM
I think we'll have to put you in the Pro category. I couldn't see you racing Raymond's or Ken's kids.:DIf there were no other pro level, I would bow out, and let the kids have at it :) I have wanted a Dnano for a while... they look so cute.

SaiTam
2010.10.25, 01:40 PM
The Dnano is incredibly detailed, the photo makes it look like a regular Mini-z:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ALS%20Charity%20Event%20Oct%202010/IMG_0485.jpg

but the 350z is indeed a Dnano:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ALS%20Charity%20Event%20Oct%202010/IMG_0484.jpg

arch2b
2010.10.25, 01:51 PM
the ironic thing is, i sold/gave away my other 2 dnano's as we never had a place to race them other than home. my sons both had the nissan gt-r r35. looks like i'll need to pick up some more again for next year :p unless a kids class for mini-z is created as they both own an mr-02.

i'll be prepping my dnano all year in order to come back from teh spanking ken gave me with his c6-r. the only differneces between our cars were ball bearings and damper, and a healthy amount of practice:p

Skv012a
2010.10.25, 03:29 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ALS%20Charity%20Event%20Oct%202010/IMG_0484.jpg

Is that the gloss white S30 with added details or did they already release a blank body? Also, did you get a chance to race with that and if so, how does it handle/what was the setup?

Other than that, how was this year's race? Missed it for a good friend's birthday up in NYC, but thanks to that I may be visiting you NY guys from time to time now.

arch2b
2010.10.25, 04:08 PM
igor,
your name came up as we were surprised you were not there.

that is my latest team car addition. it started as a white finished body. the unpainted bodies are already out however they are not here yet. sadly, i did not get a chance to drive it. i just never found the time. i did drive it at the mosler race down at awsome rc and i really like the way it drove. i need to tweak the spring selection for sure. also use 40 tires up front. i did start a thread under drivers/setups to talk about this body though so we should take that there ;)

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/1368/medium/IMG_20502.JPG
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/1368/medium/IMG_20492.JPG

ncrcracing
2010.10.25, 06:57 PM
Alright, THAT'S IT.

I am already psyched about next year and I think I will be racing at least one category. Now that Eugene dialed in my MR02 I have a chance at the AMain and if Gee wants to run that then maybe I just will breakdown and buy that Formula 1 that I have been wanting.

Thanks again to all of you,
Russ

mleemor60
2010.10.25, 07:37 PM
Tell you what. If you promise to put on the same quality event that you have been doing and I will arrange for an arrive and drive in any and all classes you enter. How's that?

EMU
2010.10.25, 07:53 PM
Mike Gee can use one of my cars... so you cant use that as an excuse next year ;) Get in there and trade paint with the rest of us :)

kromie101
2010.10.25, 09:20 PM
how about another ALS race every 6 months:D? a year is to long to wait:D. i'm kicking my self in the butt for not making it:(.

mleemor60
2010.10.25, 09:50 PM
I would do it for you but I can't kick that high. Oh by the way. You've got mail. It's a public service announcement about seafood.

kromie101
2010.10.25, 09:55 PM
mike,replied back:D.

a7i20ci7y
2010.10.25, 10:51 PM
Gotta do some touch up to a lot of these, but here's one to start out with.

a7i20ci7y
2010.10.25, 11:17 PM
Girl friend is up doing school work, so I guess I have time to do some of these. I took way more pictures than I can post. If you guys want me to see if I have any pics of your car, let me know what it looked like. I tried to get a picture of each of the ASC cars. The 1/18th and the F1 cars didn't work so well. I couldn't find a setting for the camera that captured them consistently. I don't know why, maybe has something to do with how reflective/fast they are.

double_green
2010.10.26, 10:26 AM
Great times were had at the ALS charity race this past weekend. I want to thank Russ and his team for putting together a top notch event. My family and I had a wonderful time and was honored to participate and support this great cause. Congratulations goes out to all of the main winners, it was a pleasure to watch the the battles and the tight racing by some of the best micro racers. The warm welcome and all of the help and support from the fellow racers was greatly appreciated. My family and I are already looking forward to next year's ALS charity race.

-John

Action B
2010.10.28, 06:26 PM
Girl friend is up doing school work, so I guess I have time to do some of these. I took way more pictures than I can post. If you guys want me to see if I have any pics of your car, let me know what it looked like. I tried to get a picture of each of the ASC cars. The 1/18th and the F1 cars didn't work so well. I couldn't find a setting for the camera that captured them consistently. I don't know why, maybe has something to do with how reflective/fast they are.

Wow great pics Nate!

I love them!

Can you send me the full size version of the "do work" one?

ncrcracing
2010.10.28, 09:18 PM
Tell you what. If you promise to put on the same quality event that you have been doing and I will arrange for an arrive and drive in any and all classes you enter. How's that?

Mike Gee can use one of my cars... so you cant use that as an excuse next year ;) Get in there and trade paint with the rest of us :)

Sounds good guys. You know I'll be there.

@Mike: We couldn't do anything less in honor of our friend. If Rich were alive today he'd still be ranting this whole week about delaying the start because of the transponders.

ncrcracing
2010.10.28, 09:19 PM
Gotta do some touch up to a lot of these, but here's one to start out with.

Funny, why is S. Arpus pointed the wrong way?

ncrcracing
2010.10.28, 09:25 PM
Wow great pics Nate!

I love them!

Can you send me the full size version of the "do work" one?

DITTO. Awesome pics.

ncrcracing
2010.10.28, 09:27 PM
Great times were had at the ALS charity race this past weekend. I want to thank Russ and his team for putting together a top notch event. My family and I had a wonderful time and was honored to participate and support this great cause. Congratulations goes out to all of the main winners, it was a pleasure to watch the the battles and the tight racing by some of the best micro racers. The warm welcome and all of the help and support from the fellow racers was greatly appreciated. My family and I are already looking forward to next year's ALS charity race.

-John

John,
I thought it was great seeing your whole family there. Filling the seats with some spectators was cool.

See you next year.

ncrcracing
2010.10.28, 10:20 PM
So, I need to find a good F1 with spares, tires, etc that runs on AM Hz so I don't have to buy another box for my Helios.

mleemor60
2010.10.29, 06:39 AM
I can back you up there as well. So you really don't have any excuses.

SaiTam
2010.10.29, 09:45 AM
I like this photo of my car being chased by 3 others:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ForSaleAug10/fourcorner.jpg

Does anybody have videos of the races?

a7i20ci7y
2010.10.29, 04:42 PM
Funny, why is S. Arpus pointed the wrong way?

I guess that's what happens when you get in the race leader's way lol

ncrcracing
2010.11.03, 12:20 PM
I like this photo of my car being chased by 3 others:

Does anybody have videos of the races?

Videos and more pics coming shortly.

ncrcracing
2010.11.03, 12:23 PM
Good afternoon ALS Supporters!

In case you didn't get the email update please see the following summary. Race Report is STILL in the works and will be posted on our website when complete.

...It is all a blur from Friday afternoon onward for many of us and I’d like to first personally thank our team here at NCRC Racing: Chris South, Gary Stephenson, Al Romack, Mike Lombardo, Tom Dresser, Ameeta Singh, Praveen Pai, and Bryan Fung. All put in a major effort to pull off yet another amazing and fun event for the cause. I am confident that we have not only impacted lives with those living with the diagnosis but we now have expanded awareness of this disease.

Our goal was to raise $3700, a 20% increase from last year. We expected somewhere around 70 cars as that was what we had last year but with the economy and competing events on the race calendar we knew it was going to be a challenge. We pulled in a crowd of 48 cars. However, thanks to an insane list of prizes generously donated by our sponsors (below) we managed not only to meet our goal but to knock… it… out… of… the… park!!! We were able to raise an amazing $5700!! This is an absolute record for our event and will be a hard act to follow in 2011, but we will try.

We had a number of talented drivers in all categories so please keep an eye out for our updated summary of the racing found on www.ncrcracing.com.

Thanks go out to all the drivers for providing an excellent source of entertainment for our spectators.

To our sponsors, we cannot thank you enough for your faith in our event and your generosity – you are all awesome (in alphabetical order):
Atomic RC
AutoArt
Baltimore Grand Prix
Baguettes Express (La Fontaine Bleue)
Bowles Fluidics Corp.
Castle Creations
Chicken Out Catering
EmotoTech
Final Thoughts RC Club
Flambeau
Holiday Inn Express, BWI
Horizon Hobbies (Spektrum Radios)
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Kyosho
MiniZRacer
Ripken Baseball
SMD Transportation Mgt Inc
Team Scream Racing
Washington Capitals

We will continue to raise the bar for 2011 and look forward to seeing and working with all of you again.

With Heartfelt Thanks,
Russell Hester

arch2b
2010.11.22, 03:14 PM
Good afternoon ALS Supporters!

In case you didn't get the email update please see the following summary. Race Report is STILL in the works and will be posted on our website when complete...
were you able to complete the race report?