PDA

View Full Version : PN 70t

Apie
2010.07.22, 06:46 PM
Have any of you put a PN 70 t in your AWD for HFAY? I have the atomic blue aluminum motor mount set and it will not fit on the spindle side of the motor...or the other side for that matter. What have you guys done to make it fit? Do I need the Kyosho plastic motor mount set? I'm running 17 29 I believe, with the A2 B2 set.

acerpower
2010.07.22, 07:33 PM
I'm using a PN70 in my MA01 now, I use the 3racing aluminum motor mount set.

rajiex
2010.07.22, 09:35 PM
I had the same problem with the motor mounts and the new PN 70t, you are going to have to dremel the pinion side holder a little to get the motor to set flush with the mount.

Action B
2010.07.23, 02:21 AM
agreed 3racing works with no modifications

ScoobyPete
2010.07.23, 05:34 AM
I had to dremel the motor can and the brush end to get them to fit with the Atomic motor mounts. Thats been the case for at least 4 club members.
Using the Plastic Kyosho mounts won't work either, you'll still need to dremel the can and brush housing.

Apie
2010.07.23, 10:32 AM
Would you suggest dremeling the motor or the aluminum motor mount? Is the PN70 the motor to use for HFAY? Way better than stock?

ScoobyPete
2010.07.23, 10:50 AM
I've dremelled both motor mounts and the cans, your best of dremeling the cans rather than the mounts as I have had to take the mounts down to waffer thin at the edges to get them to fit and they are now more likley to fail.

I'll post some pics of my motor when I get in from work to show you what I have had to do. But basicly the grey plastic in the end bell has been dremmelled a lot, and the can around the shaft/bearing has had a fair bit filled off aswell.

In all honesty the best option is prob to buy the 3racing mounts as you can use these with out any modification to car mounts or Motor.

Apie
2010.07.24, 08:54 AM
I dremeled out the pinion side of the motor mount, and it slipped on perfectly. I have a good tight fit now. I was able to fit the other side on over the plastic endbell, so I'm good to go for the race today.

tlkris
2010.07.26, 12:36 AM
Why not use PN motor mount since you are using the PN70t? I use PN motor mount without any modifications.

Apie
2010.07.26, 03:19 PM
Why not use PN motor mount since you are using the PN70t? I use PN motor mount without any modifications.

Because I already have the Atomic mounts.

ChiMiniRc
2010.07.26, 04:33 PM
Would you suggest dremeling the motor or the aluminum motor mount? Is the PN70 the motor to use for HFAY? Way better than stock?

I can't speak to the AWD but in the MR-02 it was noticably more torque and I'd estimate 10-20% more top end. And this was without even breaking in the motor. Car was ASF with stock fets.

Or to put it in perspective, If you were 2-3 tiles ahead of me in the long straight of this layout (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Portals/0/files/Tracks/HFAY-Track-18_printing.jpg), I'd catch up to you with the pn70t.

As a side note, is your AWD asf 2.4ghz or AM? I forgot to ask you this last time. If it is ASF, we can use one of the top connectors to power your transponder and won't need to hardwire a connector.

Apie
2010.07.31, 11:00 PM
My AWD is AM