PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho Motor?

KA2AEV
2010.08.01, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know how many turns the motor in a Kyosho right out of the ready set box is?

herman
2010.08.02, 03:29 AM
good question... if memory serves me right 70t for stock and 50t for xspeed...
wonder if anybody can confirm... :D

ChiMiniRc
2010.08.03, 12:38 AM

Wondering if anyone can confirm the ECO motor that is included with the Mr-02 iSeries

KA2AEV
2010.08.03, 04:46 PM

Thanks for the answer Herman
So I guess if I understand you correctly
the motor that is included with a Readyset is a 70t then?
Mike

hpgod
2010.08.04, 11:08 AM
ECO is 90t I think. It is slow realy slow campaired the the kyosho stock and PN 70T. I have 1 in my 2 year olds car to keep the speeds down.
I can drive wide open around all turns with it.

herman
2010.08.04, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the answer Herman
So I guess if I understand you correctly
the motor that is included with a Readyset is a 70t then?
Mike

that's an affirmative, unless somebody corrects me... :D

if the readyset comes with an eco motor (as in the case of i series i think), i believe it'll be a lot slower, and have more turns (haven't got one much less opened one up)... so dunno how many turns the eco motor has...

hmmm... hope you don't mind my asking... why do you want to know?
you plan on winding your own motor? :D

KA2AEV
2010.08.04, 07:32 PM
that's an affirmative, unless somebody corrects me... :D

hmmm... hope you don't mind my asking... why do you want to know?
you plan on winding your own motor? :D

:D
Nah winding my own motor?
Don't think so
I've been running an out of the box motor (My orginal one that came with the car) and was trying to figure out if stepping up to a 70t would help my speed
any way seeing Im finally getting enuff practice in at my local track to control the car without playing bumper cars with the walls!
If it is a 70t as you suspect then the only thing I could do to up my speed
is to get a bigger motor

;)

EMU
2010.08.04, 08:40 PM
Higher speed doesnt necessarily mean faster laptimes. Higher average speed does, focusing on spending less time in the corners, and having more speed in the corners does more than having a faster motor.

ChiMiniRc
2010.08.04, 08:50 PM
Higher speed doesnt necessarily mean faster laptimes. Higher average speed does, focusing on spending less time in the corners, and having more speed in the corners does more than having a faster motor.

Agreed, when I did the boyscout event, before each race I'd demonstrate me driving 3-4mph and showing how that is faster than smashing into the walls.

Now if I can only get my hands on 10 or so cheap ECO motors.

herman
2010.08.04, 10:39 PM
totally agree with emu there... speed without control is nothing... try to get the fastest motor you can without bumping into the retaining walls...

don't know performance on pn's 70t vs kyosho stock... there are different factors to consider... gauge of wire, magnet strength, bearings in the motor can vs. bushings...

there are lots of good stock motor options... i got to try the atomic stock motor, and it way faster than the kyosho stock...

hope this helps...

herman
2010.08.04, 10:46 PM
master emu... can you confirm the turns/winds in the kyosho stock and xspeed? :D

KA2AEV
2010.08.05, 05:18 PM
totally agree with emu there... speed without control is nothing... try to get the fastest motor you can without bumping into the retaining walls...

don't know performance on pn's 70t vs kyosho stock... there are different factors to consider... gauge of wire, magnet strength, bearings in the motor can vs. bushings...

there are lots of good stock motor options... i got to try the atomic stock motor, and it way faster than the kyosho stock...

hope this helps...

Well thats why I want to know what my next step would be Herman
I don't want to get a motor that I wouldn't be able to control the car
(Too much speed) I want to increase my speed gradually as my driving skills get better

EMU
2010.08.05, 05:35 PM
This is how I would rate the motors as far as speed/power are concerned...
Kyosho Stock
PN 70t (low end torque)
ATM USA (high speed)
Kyosho X-Speed
ATM Standard BB (high speed)
PN Speedy 07BB (high speed) (50t? Havent tried it yet)
ATM Stock BB (low end torque)
PN 43t (low end torque)
PN AD (high speed)
ATM AD (low end torque)
PN 39t (mid range torque)
ATM Chili (high speed)
ATM Stock-R (high torque)
PN 35t (high speed)
PN 33t (high speed)

KA2AEV
2010.08.05, 07:29 PM
This is how I would rate the motors as far as speed/power are concerned...
Kyosho Stock
PN 70t (low end torque)
ATM USA (high speed)
Kyosho X-Speed
ATM Standard BB (high speed)
PN Speedy 07BB (high speed) (50t? Havent tried it yet)
ATM Stock BB (low end torque)
PN 43t (low end torque)
PN AD (high speed)
ATM AD (low end torque)
PN 39t (mid range torque)
ATM Chili (high speed)
ATM Stock-R (high torque)
PN 35t (high speed)
PN 33t (high speed)

Eugene
The Atomic USA (High Speed) that is #3 on your list
Is that the red label or the yellow label? And how many turns?
60T?

EMU
2010.08.06, 01:13 AM
It is the black/dark red label that was used as spec motor in the LM class at Action. Al should have it in stock. I think its 60t. If you are looking for more speed than a 70t, this motor would be ideal. It is very easy to drive, and has similar power to the 70t, with more high end and less drag brake.

KA2AEV
2010.08.06, 07:38 PM
It is the black/dark red label that was used as spec motor in the LM class at Action. Al should have it in stock. I think its 60t. If you are looking for more speed than a 70t, this motor would be ideal. It is very easy to drive, and has similar power to the 70t, with more high end and less drag brake.

Okay I think I should have an extra one of those from Golddusts Junkbox
I think I pulled it out of his LM Chassis too!
Okay Thanks all

Pierro
2010.10.07, 10:20 AM
Hi!

I'm interrested to know the number of turn of the stock kyosho motor as in the next Belgian Championship we may have to use this or the PN 80T.

I wonder if the stock kyosho motor is rather 70 or 80 turn? (Cause I don't see PN producing an "underwired" motor compared to the original)

If the kyosho stock is 70, does the PN 80T can be competitive considering the stronger magnets that are usually used in PN motors? I've use the stock kyosho motor and PN 70T in the past but never at the same time so I don't have a point of comparison between these two.
And I never use a PN 80T.

Maybe some PN guys can help with these questions?

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.07, 10:32 AM
Hi!

I'm interrested to know the number of turn of the stock kyosho motor as in the next Belgian Championship we may have to use this or the PN 80T.

I wonder if the stock kyosho motor is rather 70 or 80 turn? (Cause I don't see PN producing an "underwired" motor compared to the original)

If the kyosho stock is 70, does the PN 80T can be competitive considering the stronger magnets that are usually used in PN motors? I've use the stock kyosho motor and PN 70T in the past but never at the same time so I don't have a point of comparison between these two.
And I never use a PN 80T.

Maybe some PN guys can help with these questions?

Yeah the 80t PN motor was a bit of a head scratcher. I've always been told the Kyosho stock motor is 70t. My guess is a new spec motor. Official response would be nice to see what the plans are.

I will say this, the stock Kyosho vs PN 70t is night and day. Those magnets really add punch. The comparison I always make is in a 7-8 RCP tile straight away, the pn 70t can be 2 tiles behind and caught up to the Kyosho by the end of the straight.

EMU
2010.10.07, 11:28 AM
It is my understanding that the Kyosho stock motor is 70t, and the PN 80t motor was designed as a slower alternative for newer drivers or slower spec class for clubs that wanted a slower spec motor.