PDA

View Full Version : Losi sc 1/24

J-Milz
2010.08.02, 03:34 PM
Check this out! This is what Kyosho should have done with the Mini Z AWD. I can see a RCP track with jumps and berms.

http://losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0240

Dr. Kustom
2010.08.02, 03:42 PM
Losi is also coming out with the 1/24 Rally Car too!

ChiMiniRc
2010.08.02, 03:55 PM
Losi is also coming out with the 1/24 Rally Car too!

I'm psyched about these too and plan on buy all 8 for the club so we can try out some races. My only gripe is the runtime. I know lipo can extend it but then they'll be too fast for the novice racer.

What I'm going to try is some inserts UNDER the RCP. That way it provides smoother transitions and rolling jumps instead of an abrupt ramp. Especially for something like a drop off mid-turn. It'll all depend on how much of an incline/decline the track can take.

I'd still buy the old RCP ramps if they made them though. Maybe they'll start spooling up production again.

hrdrvr
2010.08.02, 04:34 PM
ChiMiniRC, RCP can handle quite a bit of stretching. Check out our track pic thread for some examples. Not exactly rally, but you can get some ideas from it. Ill be going rally or short course style with some bumps and jumps if I can get some other guys to get into these. They may be a good gateway RC for those who are reluctant to try smaller scales or anything other than LOSI, lol.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30623

Oh, the bottom of the first page has the first renditions of my 'elevated' layout. The latter pages have something like we currently run when elevated :D

hilldebrandt
2010.08.02, 06:45 PM
Hmmmm...I can envision a small dirt track going up in the garden with these babies...LOL !!

arch2b
2010.08.02, 09:38 PM
anyone have a picture of this with a mini-z?

Action B
2010.08.02, 10:46 PM

Probably not because they are due to be released at the end of August. Of course I will be there as soon as they are out I must have one!

Retail price is stated to be $110

Eman
2010.08.02, 11:40 PM
These should be a blast on RCP. I still have jumps and those orange dots left from when we ran Micro Desert Trucks on my RCP. Can't wait. Thanks for the scoop!

herman
2010.08.03, 02:06 AM
on you tube...

1/24 4wd sct (http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=9bP69aCqOCc&feature=related)

1/24 mico rally car (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRaK1zVp1Sg&feature=related)

kwsmith29
2010.08.03, 09:32 AM
I,m in for two..

pedrocamp
2010.08.03, 10:02 AM
Two what? A new HSH class?

arch2b
2010.08.03, 01:53 PM
they do look like they would be a lot of fun! the price is good too.

ROBG
2010.08.03, 01:58 PM
wish they could have made it 2.4 and brushless.

ChiMiniRc
2010.08.03, 02:02 PM
wish they could have made it 2.4 and brushless.

The videos say they are working on a replacement board that will be a spektrum 2.4ghz receiver AND brushless speedo.

ROBG
2010.08.03, 02:14 PM
The videos say they are working on a replacement board that will be a spektrum 2.4ghz receiver AND brushless speedo.

nice dude, i'll have to wait till that comes out.:cool:

Slubben
2010.08.03, 03:17 PM
Why release it before the 2.4 is even available? It looks cool but, I wonder how long til they put out the 2.4!

ROBG
2010.08.03, 03:29 PM
Why release it before the 2.4 is even available? It looks cool but, I wonder how long til they put out the 2.4!

well Slubben old buddy we'll just have to wait. How cool would it be zippin around Maj's?

yo Slubben, what broke on your 16th scale Losi SC, just the motor and speed control?

Slubben
2010.08.03, 03:55 PM
If u mean my mini-slash the wire for the lipo indicator.

hrdrvr
2010.08.04, 02:53 PM

Closest I could find.....with a Micro-T. At least we know what these look like :D

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Gallery/LOSB0240-GAL1a.jpg

ROBG
2010.08.04, 04:05 PM
If u mean my mini-slash the wire for the lipo indicator.

sorry i meant the 1/16th sc associated. that's what this reminds me of.:D

great pic Landon, it really gives us a comparison now. can't wait for the 2.4 version:cool:

hrdrvr
2010.08.05, 12:27 PM
^ Oh, I should have said, that pic is care of LOSI. I found it on another forum, but it is from the LOSI site.

doug01n
2010.08.05, 01:35 PM
I'll get one of this babes as asap, to drive it in our track with some bumps and drift it.... Do you guys think it'll drift well?

ROBG
2010.08.06, 10:25 AM
I'll get one of this babes as asap, to drive it in our track with some bumps and drift it.... Do you guys think it'll drift well?

i'm not too sure, maybe with some foam tires on RCP?

doug01n
2010.08.06, 10:35 AM
We have carpet in our track... I think I'll have to find some black pipes that fit on the rims... can't wait!!!!!

RCPMini-z
2010.08.12, 11:30 AM
I designed some new offroad tracks for Losi. See links below. Be sure to clilck on the gallery section from the links below for some pretty cool additional photos of the track.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB1624

http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB1623

The tracks can be combined to make larger layouts. The jumps can be flattened and the tracks can be used for mini-z's and similar rc cars.

The jumps can be adjusted by height to suit your driving and race requirements.

The offroad track will connect up to all RCP 50cm track kits.

ChiMiniRc
2010.08.12, 11:39 AM
I designed some new offroad tracks for Losi. See links below. Be sure to clilck on the gallery section from the links below for some pretty cool additional photos of the track.

The tracks can be combined to make larger layouts. The jumps can be flattened and the tracks can be used for mini-z's and similar rc cars.

Excellent!! What is the availability?

ChiMiniRc
2010.08.12, 11:45 AM

Also, is this a LOSI branded product? Meaning you go through Losi distributors and resellers to obtain it or will current RCP vendors be able to get it. Like Salt Lake Mini-z?

As far as the jumps. What prevent the launch ramps from flexing? Is the brown track more rigid or does the black elevation form a wedge underneath?

RCPMini-z
2010.08.12, 12:02 PM
Also, is this a LOSI branded product? Meaning you go through Losi distributors and resellers to obtain it or will current RCP vendors be able to get it. Like Salt Lake Mini-z?

As far as the jumps. What prevent the launch ramps from flexing? Is the brown track more rigid or does the black elevation form a wedge underneath?

Losi branded product. You can purchase it from any dealer who has a Horizon Hobby account, which most do. I believe Mini-zracer buys from Horizon.

There are foam wedge pieces under the larger ramps that link into the vertical support and jump tile. The smaller ramps don't need the wedge support as the tiles don't flex much from the weight of the 1/24th scale trucks.

HaCo
2010.08.12, 03:09 PM
How do the rails attach to the ground?

Looking good!

RCPMini-z
2010.08.12, 04:24 PM
There are two kits. First kit includes tiles that the rails and jumps attach.

The second is a rail only kit. This kit includes rails and jump tiles along with a jump transition tile that takes up the difference from the ground to the thickness of the jump tile. The rails are held together at the jump tile locations. The other rails just lay on the ground. With this kit you can set up the track and use whatever surface you want. The rails that don't have a jump tile to connect them, have held together well during testing from impacts with the 1/24th scale offroad Losi trucks. With this kit you choose the surface, dirt, carpet, wood floor, etc.

The surface that is included with the tile and rail kit offers great grip for the 1/24th scale Losi trucks. You can flip the tiles for a different and more gripping surface if needed.

soulstice
2011.02.15, 11:47 AM
Does anyone know if the SCT can be modded with a mini-z ASF board to make it a 2.4ghz?

Scrapper
2011.02.15, 11:50 AM
ask maj from mhs he had one he told me its time consuming though

mleemor60
2011.02.15, 11:52 AM
Yes it can be awapped with a 2.4 board.

pedrocamp
2011.02.15, 12:28 PM
Easy to do, just follow the instructions for a servo hookup on a MRCG. I installed an 02ASF board and have run the Losi Lipos with no issues.

Slubben
2011.02.15, 01:21 PM
I have one done by Maj as MHS. Works awesome!! Highly recommend it. :D

soulstice
2011.02.15, 01:22 PM
Are you talking about mounting the servo or wiring. I didn't see anything in particular from the MCRG instructions regarding wiring. Do you have a link?

Dr. Kustom
2011.02.15, 10:48 PM
Kryten have one modded by Mk2Kompressor.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e109/sendapics/rc18/IMG_0021.jpg

soulstice
2011.02.15, 11:03 PM
Is there a link to a post with details of what was done with the mod?

arch2b
2011.02.15, 11:37 PM
how does it handle with the mini-z board?

Dr. Kustom
2011.02.16, 12:04 AM
For detail info, you might want to contact kryten or Mk2Kompressor.

cdog4w
2011.02.16, 01:02 AM
I'm glad to hear it handles the lipo, I just ordered a mr03 board for my losi. Lipo is so much easier to deal with vs. nimh that I don't think not running lipo is worth considering.

Any indication the steering is affected at all? Previous comments suggest it degrades over time and gets 'jittery', but those weren't using mr03 boards.

I'll hook up my meter when I get the board and see if the board is pushing full battery voltage to the servo bits.

wildthing
2011.03.06, 06:11 PM
... I installed an 02ASF board and have run the Losi Lipos with no issues.

you mean you are running ASF board with 2S lipo???

can the steering handle the power?

oXYnary
2012.02.02, 03:54 PM
Hey with the release of the 2.4 brushless versions. I think i will pick one up (still wish just a BnD though).

Does the rally or sct work better out of the box? I realize they are almost the same. But there are a few minor differences such as the kick up in the SCt front bumper, the seemingly larger rims of the rally, and the rally having a lower cog because the lowered bumpers and body.

Why are there no universals for this yet? Is there something in the design I'm not seeing that won't allow?

Also, anyone running the exotek chassis?

Slubben
2012.02.03, 03:04 PM
I had the SC and it worked great. Not to many people bought the rally. Frankly it's just ugly.

It's a shame that there are no tires for these cars to make them run on RCP.

Maybe now they will catch on at 2.4.

I'm just happy that Losi is finally moving away from junkie AM.

JuniorWKR
2012.02.03, 03:41 PM
i put a 2.4 board in mine but it keeps shutting down with the lipo

thestug
2012.02.04, 09:38 PM
Hey with the release of the 2.4 brushless versions. I think i will pick one up (still wish just a BnD though).

Does the rally or sct work better out of the box? I realize they are almost the same. But there are a few minor differences such as the kick up in the SCt front bumper, the seemingly larger rims of the rally, and the rally having a lower cog because the lowered bumpers and body.

Why are there no universals for this yet? Is there something in the design I'm not seeing that won't allow?

Also, anyone running the exotek chassis?

It depends. The rally has a terrible bumper because it catches on everything. The bumper on the SCT is angled nicely and it makes it over decent sized bumps. The rally actually does have larger wheel and tire diameter. The rally has a slightly higher top speed due to the larger wheels. The two cars are identical except bumpers, bodymount, and tires. IMO the SCT works better due to the lower CG of having lower wheels and the bumper allows for less catching on things. The bumpers don't affect the CG much. I had 2.4 in my SCT. The steering decided to quit I have no idea how to fix it. I even tried a new servo. :(