PDA

View Full Version : Ball diff and motor mount

redneckracer
2010.08.08, 07:23 AM
Hey guys iam new to mini-z's , i just bought a mr-02 mm and it rips , but i want abit more torque and adjustability so i was thinking of a ball diff and motor mount from atomic. Do you guys have anymore idea's ?

mleemor60
2010.08.08, 07:33 AM
You are on the right track already. You will get arguements that one manufacturer's parts are better than tne other. As long as you stick with the major's you will do well. The determining factor will be accessibility. Have fun.

Welcome to the forum.

bermbuster
2010.08.08, 07:41 AM
Hey guys iam new to mini-z's , i just bought a mr-02 mm and it rips , but i want abit more torque and adjustability so i was thinking of a ball diff and motor mount from atomic. Do you guys have anymore idea's ?
make sure to get a mm mid mount and make sure the mount adjusts to the wheelbase you want to run. 90 94 98 102.....You will want a DDS as well.
Also make sure your getting the latest version of the mount you choose.....
Ball diffs come with various parts carbide diff balls, lightened shafts,48 or 64 pitch gears....do your homework and get what you want.....
most of all have FUN.....

redneckracer
2010.08.08, 10:28 AM
Yeah there seems to be ALOT of homework to do with these little cars , but thats part of the fun .. right ?? lol.... Iam going with atomic because thats all my LHS carries . I have the DB9 body , to be honest i dont know what size it is . This was a impulse buy , i bought it friday and was racing it at a friends saturday , but iam learning quick .

bermbuster
2010.08.08, 10:49 AM
Yeah there seems to be ALOT of homework to do with these little cars , but thats part of the fun .. right ?? lol.... Iam going with atomic because thats all my LHS carries . I have the DB9 body , to be honest i dont know what size it is . This was a impulse buy , i bought it friday and was racing it at a friends saturday , but iam learning quick .

Atomic parts are good(best parts are PN :cool:) especially if your lhs has them in stock. Make sure you tell your lhs when you buy you want the latest versions....;) The DB9 is 98mm (i think... one body i never used).