PDA

View Full Version : mr03 losing steering?

kromie101
2010.08.15, 04:32 PM
i have an 03 that will lose steering in the middle of a run. it just comes and goes.wondering if its the servo going bad or somehow losing bind? the module that we use works fine with all the other cars. any ideas? thanks

EMU
2010.08.15, 04:35 PM
Check the wires that go to the servo motor and pot. Make sure they are no breaks or pinches... Also try cleaning the pot as well.

Do you still have motor control when the steering goes out?

Slubben
2010.08.15, 06:04 PM
i have an 03 that will lose steering in the middle of a run. it just comes and goes.wondering if its the servo going bad or somehow losing bind? the module that we use works fine with all the other cars. any ideas? thanks

im having the same issue with my mod 03. you can run an entire pack and have no problem and the next pack the steering will cut out....

Felix2010
2010.08.15, 06:30 PM
If the motor still works 100%, Could also be the Potentiometer. The POT could work one pack then get stuck or what-not the next pack, you might want to check the POT especially if the car has seen a lot of use from racing/practice. Just a thought:)

kromie101
2010.08.15, 08:05 PM
it's actually my sons car. i did drive it and it lost steering a few times. i guess i will try it out again and pay more attention if i still have motor. i do have an extra servo motor and poten.maybe i should just replace altogether? i hope thats all it is. thanks for the input guys.

HaCo
2010.08.16, 02:09 AM
Could it be this problem:
http://fastpaceracing.com/content/mr03-steering-and-throttle-glitch

mugler
2010.08.16, 03:07 AM
also check for dirty servo gears.

mleemor60
2010.08.16, 06:21 AM
it's actually my sons car. i did drive it and it lost steering a few times. i guess i will try it out again and pay more attention if i still have motor. i do have an extra servo motor and poten.maybe i should just replace altogether? i hope thats all it is. thanks for the input guys.

Eric. it sounds like servo gears to me. Having lost a set or two on one of the cars your description sounds suspicously familiar. Pull the top cover and look at the number four gear on the output end. The tiny one with only six teeth. It will likely have a broken tooth. Replace the gear and reduce your front offset's to be sure that the tire/wheel doesn't peek outside the body at full lock. If it sticks out just a fraction then heat the fenders and pull them out to cover. This will give you a little more steering as well.

cosmicsoul
2010.08.16, 06:42 AM
I would agree with mike sounds like a broken servo gear I have had 2 break recently. I set my steering travel very high to compensate for worn out front tires and it broke. Fixced it and forgot to adjust my radio and it did it again.

There is a metal replacement gear for this, they are all out of stock mostly, although I think I saw one for sale at the shop here on the forum. Probably a good investment 8-9 dollars.

kromie101
2010.08.16, 06:03 PM
awesome guys,thanks for all the tips.

HACo, i will look into that for sure.my son did say he thought it went by itself sometimes (the glitch):D. good info to know. thank you:).

mike and jay, you guys might be right also cause up at maj's his car made a funny noise when you whip the wheel back and forth. i'm in charleston now and will be home thursday,i will check it all out then. atleast now i have a few things to try.

thanks again gents:).

hrdrvr
2010.08.17, 07:14 AM
^ Just leave it glitching! If you fix it that kid is going to run circles around us!

kromie101
2010.08.18, 05:36 PM
i need him to get faster,i need some kind of competition:p:D. plus i need my car back:eek:.

kromie101
2010.08.21, 08:52 AM
well mike,you and jay are right,it is the gear. opened it up and the gear had a tooth missing. i guess i need to order a set. im glad it's not the board:). thanks again.

mleemor60
2010.08.21, 09:36 AM
I have them in stock at home. I will bring one with me next week.