PDA

View Full Version : Wheels on the DWS...

tlkris
2010.08.23, 12:02 AM
I've read most post within the DWS thread about the wheels that are on the chasis

http://www.kyosho.com/common/image.php?id=122499

Whether it is the ORANGE chasis or the BLUE chasis, most people say that the wheels are the R246 TEs (1.5 Narrow and at least 0 Wide).

However, looking at the pics closely they seemed to be like 3.5 Narrow fronts and at least 1.0 Wide rears (or even 2.0 wide or 3.0 wide).

Really wish they can release a multi-offset TEs

EMU
2010.08.23, 12:24 AM
Just wanted to point out that the orange chassis does not come with wheels, or bearings...

Felix2010
2010.08.23, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the info EMU. I have to say even w/o bearings and wheels, this still isn't a bad buy. You get an RA-18 ASF board and the DWS and those dope-cool orange parts which are sold-out everywhere.:D

Curious to know tho, what kind of diffs you get with this kit? 2 x gear diffs or do you get one ball diff? One included ball diff would make this kit even more enticing...

One downside to the RA-18 is that there's no reverse adjustment. That crazy delay just won't go away!!! Wish they modded the RA-22 board for the AWD chassis, maybe next time:)

EMU
2010.08.23, 04:47 AM
I should have included in my last post, gear diffs front and back. I would be willing to pay $100 more if the chassus came with ball diffs and bearings installed... Or like the SP kit, came unassembled. You have disassemble it 80% to install the bearings anyway...

The reverse delay doesnt really bother me. Some cars on certain layouts, I actually prefer it on... If there are two braking zones near eachother, it can be useful. If it bothers you, you can fit an MR03 PCB with a little modification.

Felix2010
2010.08.23, 06:13 AM
I should have included in my last post, gear diffs front and back. I would be willing to pay $100 more if the chassus came with ball diffs and bearings installed... Or like the SP kit, came unassembled. You have disassemble it 80% to install the bearings anyway...

The reverse delay doesnt really bother me. Some cars on certain layouts, I actually prefer it on... If there are two braking zones near eachother, it can be useful. If it bothers you, you can fit an MR03 PCB with a little modification.

I hear ya about the K ball diffs, they are just plain awesome. It was cool how Kyosho included one ball diff with the first MA010 SP chassis kit (unassembled version). I forgot that I saw that this chassis comes pre-assembled, that kinda blows... I hate installing bearings in the MA010:)

I hear ya also about the reverse delay. but now whenever I go from racing my 03's to my 02's or my ASF MA010, the reverse delay kills me! I was getting the hang of the delay right around the time the MR03 came out.... Now I suck at getting into reverse when I want to with the RA-18 PCB:o

I am a fan of upgrading the RA-18 to the RA-22 PCB in both the AWD and the 02:) I'm going to soon have my PN Dbl. A-Arm/PN Gimbaled rear car outfitted with an RA-22 PCB and a Nelly EVO:) I don't know when I'ma get around to swapping out the RA-18 PCB outta the AWD tho... I like keeping my RA-22 PCBs inside of the MR03 chassis I have!:D

jdouget
2010.12.27, 03:16 PM
just bought this car from frank at atomicmods - its pretty sweet

iruninsoga
2011.01.04, 10:05 PM
By itself the DWS chassis is a lot better to drive than the regular AWD chassis, but with the inner tube damper set installed it's absolutely terrific.

It's expensive for what you get though, over $10 for four pieces of orange plastic and 3 (1 spare) tiny tiny screws.

Skv012a
2011.01.07, 12:43 AM
Somewhat on topic, i wonder why Kyosho isn't starting to fit new MA sets with 03 boards...