PDA

View Full Version : IMAX B6 Quattro charger/discharger

ROBG
2010.08.30, 08:28 PM
I have 4 PN trays hooked up to the IMAX and the power source is Int*gy 12V 10A DC Power Supply PS10 (100-240VAC) and I am having trouble discharging. I know the max discharge rate is 1 amp and I have the cut off at .5 volt. I notice that after an hour or so the amps drop to 0.0 and I have tried several different things, but cant seem to discharge. Please provide any helpful tips, it would be greatly appreciated.

JuniorWKR
2010.08.31, 08:53 AM
check ur settings... you may have the holdout set on or a time set to hold the battery at .5v... its the same software as the pn charger...

ROBG
2010.08.31, 09:37 AM
the PN charger was set up the same way the quattro is, and after "discharging" for a couple hours the batteries still had a lot left in them. I guess after a short period of discharging the amps drop to 0.0 and the volts seem to be around 4.6? I'm lost because these units are very easy to use.

bermbuster
2010.08.31, 09:59 AM
the PN charger was set up the same way the quattro is, and after "discharging" for a couple hours the batteries still had a lot left in them. I guess after a short period of discharging the amps drop to 0.0 and the volts seem to be around 4.6? I'm lost because these units are very easy to use.

Double check your capacity cut off function and the safety timer function.

The units are awesome for charging but I dont use them for discharging as a group.
AAAs are tough to discharge properly when in series. The circurtry in theses chargers see the drop to .5 and shut off but in reality there is still more voltage in the cell.
Such low voltage/amperage doesnt get processed by these chargers.
You can try to lower the voltage to .1 and see what results you get. If that doesnt work you can try to individually discharge them (you need a special rack) or you will need either the Novak or the Much More discharger to really discharge your cells.

ROBG
2010.08.31, 10:28 AM
Thanks Berm, I'll try switching the voltage to .1 and see what happens. This is essentially the same as the PN chargers just an extra two and they never gave me a problem. I guess I have to suck it up if it doesnt work and get one of those "no joke" dischargers.

ROBG
2010.08.31, 01:19 PM
The only problem I see with that is if I drop to .1 then the batteries are essentually shot, right?

ROBG
2010.09.03, 09:48 AM
nope, nothing works, it immediatly drops to 0.0.